[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 19628698.jpg (71 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
19628698.jpg
71 KB, 600x800
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>63061834
Fantastic.
>>
>>63061873
His best work maybe?
>>
>>63061834
Great film
Makes you feel like total shit, but really good

>>63061899
Only seen Prisoners and Enemy other than Incendies, but I'd rate this the highest
>>
>>63061834
Did someone say tendies?
>>
>>63061954
no
>>
>>63061834
Shyamalan-esque twist with extreme case of sad face. Weak 'Christians are terrorists' too propaganda piece, Villeneuve's weakest. Leave it to Canadian to promote diversity of carnage in sandnigger country.
>>
>>63061947
Polytechnique is quite good for what it deals with.
And Sicario is the best thing to come out this yr.
>>
File: 1436108599507.png (405 KB, 942x1250) Image search: [Google]
1436108599507.png
405 KB, 942x1250
>>63061954
fuck off back to /reddit9k/
>>
>>63062664
Waiting for it to come out on BD.
Couldn't catch it in theaters on account of NSP
>>
>>63062664
>Sicario is the best thing to come out this year

really?
I haven't seen that many recent releases this year but I saw that and I really didn't think it was very good.

(I like his other stuff).
>>
>>63063609
It really is.
Doesn't sugar coat anything. Is not some progressive, strong woman bs movie.
Amazing performances, tense moments and the best shot/looking film of the yr.
>>
Eh, it was OK I guess. It was fairly entertaining but I really didn't like it that much.

I'm just really not sure what it was trying to do. The emotional evolution and eventual breakdown in the final scene of the protagonist wasn't interesting to me at all because the film didn't do much to build her as a character. On the other hand, while some scenes were very tense, there were far too many lulls for the film to stand up on its own as an action film. The first 30 minutes or so, with the house bomb and the Mexico hostage retrieval were far more gripping than anything else... then there is a huge lull? Even the later action scenes didn't live up to those. Bizarre pacing. So much of the film was banal talking-heads action - and yet those scenes did little to develop the characters - instead they advanced the plot which wasn't even interesting.

I can't help but feel they should have just made an entire film about the cartel agent. He was by far the most interesting character in the film, had the most developed backstory, and the most obvious motivation to be doing what he was doing.
>>
>>63061834
Lost its emotional potency by improbable events occurring
>>
>>63061834
Baffled by the extravagant praise. Jaw-dropping coincidences and absurd narrative convolutions a la Haggis's Crash mixed with a similar sense of righteousness.Typical heavy drama that makes the oldies in the Academy shit in their pants. Elaborate, overcooked, and overlong. The stereotypical entry in the Best Foreign Language race.
>>
>>63063836
>The stereotypical entry in the Best Foreign Language race

surely they wouldn't consider this a foreign language film. it's almost entirely in english.
>>
>>63063910
Actually got a nomination lmao
>>
GET OUT REE
>>
>>63064009
wew what a joke
>>
>>63063910
>almost entirely in english.
what? no it isn't
it's in french
>>
File: 71826487264.gif (995 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
71826487264.gif
995 KB, 500x278
>>63064216
>>
>>63064353
was that an ebin meme?
sorry friend
>>
>>63064400
try reading the chains you reply to friendo
>>
>>63064457
Not my fault if a guy replies to a post about incendies to talk about another film without mentioning it, tbf
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.