[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
What's the point
>>
To make another billion+ dollars.
>>
Primarily: money.

But it also allows them to explain a story which people have wondered about, and to dabble with a much darker tone than the previous films.
>>
>>63060578
only the force awakens will pass 1 billion because of the long time gap between movies causing hype. They will make less and less with each movie. Episode IX might exceed 1 billion or come close since it concludes the new trilogy, but probably not.
>>
File: 1369598029756.jpg (5 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1369598029756.jpg
5 KB, 249x249
>>63060650
>>
>>63060572

to feed the poor...oh wait no. It's to make more shekels
>>
>>63060572
People want to see a shit load of Bothans get rekt.
>>
It makes them a lot of money and gives us what we want. If you're not a bitter cunt then you probably really like the sound of OT Star Wars: Saving Private Ryan that doesn't have the weight of sequels mudding things down.
>>
felicity jones
>>
You've got what you wanted, shill. Or are you an autist protesting Star Wars by flooding /tv/ with inane shit?
>>
File: tkzfoaZ[1].gif (869 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
tkzfoaZ[1].gif
869 KB, 500x280
Because based Mads is in it
>>
>>63060797
/thread
>>
>>63060572
Because there aren't enough Star Wars films starring brit females
>>
>>63060572
They could only fit a nigger, a spic Jew, and a xeno, into the first film. Rogue One is for the rest of the minorities that missed out.
>>
>>63060650

It is more or less confirmed that the force awakens is going to make 3 billion+, it has broken ALL the sales records ever and it's still 3 weeks away
>>
>>63060572
The point is muh cinematic universe.

They don't have enough faith in the main SW movies. They're gonna shit a ton of other 'connected' movies so that you'll feel obligated to see them all to get the full story.

It's also a way to make money from bad writing. If a character or event is badly written in a movie, they can just make a spin-off and expend on that.
>>
>>63060572
advertise merchandise mostly
>>
Is this one the movie written by Gary Whitta?
>>
>>63061044
>american box office
>relevant
2015 isn't all bad tbqhwy
>>
>>63061105
>Whitta
>Whit
>White

TRIGGERED!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>63061150
Nah, he's one of the biggest SJW out there, kind of like most white males living on the West coast.
>>
>>63061105
Gary Whitta? Is that the adopted, white, little brother of Barry White?
>>
>>63060999
correct, only women can have the lead role in star wars for now on. katherine kennedy wants star wars to be the new hunger games.
>>
>>63061081
>They don't have enough faith

I think that's contrary to the facts. They announced these movies early on. The simplest answer turns out to be true in this case: They're gonna milk the fuck outta Star Wars. There might be elements of laziness that we'll see down the line, but it's pretty obvious Disney is applying their Marvel formula to Star Wars, because it did incredibly well for them.

When you think about it, they really got all their bases covered too. Disney announced Lucas had no connection to this new movie, which pleases hardcore fans who were upset at him and the prequels. They've avoided further scrutiny in that regard by barely mentioning said prequels in any way once they've gotten the license. They also announced a "competent" director and also brought back an original writer from the first trilogy. Further, they brought back the cast of the first trilogy and have been advertising the movie heavily with their involvement. They know general audiences will see the movie if they advertise everything correctly (which they did).

Really, you gotta hand it to Disney for playing it smart with the public on this one. They knew what people wanted and emphasized it repeatedly. If nothing else, Force Awakens will make a ton of money. Probably more so than any of its sequels or spin-offs.
>>
>>63060572
>Star Wars: Rougue One Anthology
What?
>>
>>63060572
backup plan for when Jar Jar Abrams movie bombs.
>>
>>63061461
This has more chance of bombing than TFA has.
>>
>>63060736
Bothans aren't involved with the first Death Star, you idiot, only the second one.
>>
>>63060572

The point is, Disney paid a lot of money for Lucasfilm and they're not going to let it sit idle.
>>
>>63060650
The Force Awakens is going to make less than Ant-Man, don't kid yourself. Flop of the Century.
>>
File: le god face.jpg (92 KB, 588x430) Image search: [Google]
le god face.jpg
92 KB, 588x430
>>63061044
Keep telling yourself this, bitch nigga
>>
>>63060572

this movie could be cool if they don't fuck up the format.

high stakes heist type where everyone dies, but the plans get away in the end.
>>
>>63060572
Disney paid Lucas 4bn$. gotta return that investment as fast as possible.
>>
>>63060572
Do you think sheev will make an appearance?
>>
>>63060572
>no white male heroes
>again

fuck sake
>>
>>63060572
It's basically just a test film to see if the idiot normies can watch something Star Wars related that doesn't have "muh lightsabers/force/jedi/sith" in it.

>>63061735
I'm expecting Tarkin to show up, since the plot deals with his pet project after all. How they'll manage that could make or break the movie. Sheev may get one scene as a hologram or something, but I doubt he'll get more than that.
>>
>>63060572
>making movies to create a new EU
Sign me the fuck up.

Also, what's up with the new logo? "Star Wars Anthology" sounds way better than "A Star Wars Story".
>>
>>63060572
Let me guess, Mads and Alan Tudyk are the bad guys right
>>
>>63061893
I think Tudyk is a CGI alien
>>
>>63061624
Pretty sure they already have. Star Wars toys and videogames grossed $1.5B in 2014. That was before the toy and merchandising explosion this year. Even if the movie only breaks even (lol, yeah right) Disney will literally make BILLIONS on toys, videogames and other merchandising off of Star Wars this year. I won't be surprised if Star Wars related materials gross 4 billion this year alone

For fucks sake i saw a commercial for PRINTER INK that was also Star Wars related. EVERYONE wants a piece of the Star Wars pie right now
>>
Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
Full Cast & Crew
Directed by
Rian Johnson Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)
Rian Johnson ... (screenplay)
George Lucas ... (characters) Cast (in IMDb STARmeter order)
Mark Hamill Mark Hamill ...
Luke Skywalker
Oscar Isaac Oscar Isaac ...
Poe Dameron
Benicio Del Toro Benicio Del Toro

is that the cast? thats it?
>>
>>63062053
>expecting a full cast sheet for a movie coming out two years from now
We hardly even know anything about Rogue One yet and that's only a year away.
>>
>>63061437
It's pretty much star wars 3.5

It's a movie detailing the first days of the empire and the beginning of the rebellion.
>>
>>63061735
Darth Vader might pop up kill the blind monk Donnie Yen. It'd be criminal not to include a cameo of the black juggernaut in one of these movies.
>>
File: Nutty-Professor-2-DVD-inlay1.jpg (234 KB, 844x1203) Image search: [Google]
Nutty-Professor-2-DVD-inlay1.jpg
234 KB, 844x1203
From the writer of Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps.

Not shitting you bros
>>
>>63062170
Do you think they'll get Christensen to do it? Wasn't there rumors about him coming back?
>>
>>63060572

Having a female pilot during old trilogy arc time you racist homophobe shitlord

IT'S LONG TIME AGO!
>>
>>63062221
Unless he can do JEJ's voice, why would be be coming back?
>>
>>63062221
Why? All they need is a tall guy and James Earl Jones.
>>
>>63061624
He has to still get a percentage of neechandising, right? There is no way any smart buissnessman, like lucas is, woukd give up a mobey tree like star wars.
>>
>>63060572
to satisfy fags constantly crying about how they are sick of the force and all the other cool stuff and want to see boring normals do normal shit.
>>
>>63062254
>>63062273
The rumor article said he was getting fit for the role so maybe it's a bit of fan service i suppose, but it says 8 not rougue one

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-darth-vader-hayden-christensen-anakin-skywalker/
>>
>>63062373
8 would only work if Force Ghosts are going to happen.
>>
>>63062144
Isn't that what Rebels is all about?
>>
>>63062514
Yes.
>>
>>63062394
Tbf that seems like a definite possibility. There's a Vader fanboy going around, so the main characters try to commune with Vader himself to try to get the upper hand
>>
>>63062144
>>63062514
That's not what Rogue one is about. It's about how the Rebels got the death star plans we hear about in a new hope.
>>
disney's said they want to release a star wars movie every year as long as people keep watching them

really hyped to see what they look like in 20 years
>>
>>63062514

Rebels is about five years before Episode IV, Rogue One will be immediately before it.
>>
>>63061044
I'm pretty sure it has only broken pre-sale records. Also, Star Wars fans seem to have tunnel vision.

The people lining up to see Star Wars ep 7 on opening night will be diehard fanboys. Hardly, representative of the general audience. Keep in mind that someone has to watch the original trilogy movies to understand what is going on in Ep 7. It's not impossible to get a casual to do that, but it would certainly prevent people from going to see it. Within each passing week, the audience will get more and more casual.

Don't get me wrong, it will certainly do well at the box office. But I don't want Star Wars fans to be disappointed if it doesn't beat a movie like "Avengers" or have an opening weekend like "Jurassic World"
>>
>>63060572
to create more articles in wookiepedia
>>
>What's the point

Rogue Two
Rogue Three
Rogue Four

and so on.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>63063696
Rogue One is the code name of the group, not the movie number.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 597x519
>>63062895
I thought it was Kyle Katarn who got the plans? Rogue Squadron was made after the Death Star.

Is Disney destroying anything the book canon made
>>
>>63064095
Katarn doesn't exist in the new canon.
>>
>>63064095
Shhhhhh.
Just put in some music, and cry the pain away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kijpcUv-b8M
>>
File: DeathStar_plans.png (2 MB, 1918x816) Image search: [Google]
DeathStar_plans.png
2 MB, 1918x816
>>63060572
to finally show us how the many bothans died to bring us these plans
>>
>>63064442
You know what? Fuck the bothans!
They had it coming.
>>
>>63064442
D E A T H S T A R T W O
>>
>>63061522
Well that's false
>>
>>63064442
The bothans died to retrieve the second Death Star's plans, not the first.
Rogue One is about getting the plans for the first.
>>
>>63064665
How many bothans did you see in the opening of A New Hope?
One would assume if there were a lot of them, at least one or two would have been aboard that blockade runner.
Or you know, at the temple in Yavin.
Or just you know, in the Rebellion in any one of the scenes.
>>
>>63064749
They were acquiring Death Star plans you dummy, the milf captain even says it before the trench run
>>
>>63061044
Holy shit. I love star wars more than any other franchise, but stop spouting retarded bullshit.
>>
>>63064830
>the milf captain
Who would that be, exactly?
>>
>>63064830
The "Milf" captain doesn't show up until the debriefing after rescuing Han in Return of the Jedi.

Just look at >>63064442.
That is the debriefing from New Hope. Leia is the only woman in there.
>>
>>63064749
6 million Bothans died for the Death Star plan, you Sithlord!
>>
File: JamesCameron00.jpg (32 KB, 425x594) Image search: [Google]
JamesCameron00.jpg
32 KB, 425x594
>>63061044
>It is more or less confirmed that the force awakens is going to make 3 billion+
>>
$$$$
>>
>>63061044
>It will have a higher box office intake than any movie in recorded history.
Even if we adjust for inflation, there was only 2 movies in the history of the world that made 3 billion.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.