[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Racial diversity in films has flatlined - Hollywood needs to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 12
File: 23234.jpg (294 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
23234.jpg
294 KB, 850x565
Do you agree with this article? Do we need more Diversity in movies, despite /tv/ and /pol/ telling me that every movie is full of black folks?

"Technicolor was never meant to be so white. A recent study by the University of Southern California has shown that, across 700 films, seven years and 30,000 characters, racial diversity has flatlined. Last year, nearly 75% of film characters were white, and only 17% of the top 100 films featured leads or co-stars who weren’t as blindingly white as Tom Cruise’s smirk.

Recent research showed that the largest film-watching demographic in the US is Hispanic women over 25, and they’re inclusive in what they watch. But it doesn’t go both ways. Put a woman of colour front and centre, not as a victim, monster or sex object, and the white men run away in droves. They don’t want to see that on screen and they don’t want to deal with it in the office."

http://www.theguardian.com/film/shortcuts/2015/sep/23/racial-diversity-in-films-has-flatlined-hollywood-needs-to-rewrite-the-script
>>
>>63058681
>Last year, nearly 75% of film characters were white, and only 17% of the top 100 films featured leads or co-stars who weren’t as blindingly white as Tom Cruise’s smirk.

Roughly 70% of the country is white, if you include white Hispanics (most of whom see little to no difference racially between themselves and any Western European). So 75% of film characters being white is pretty damn close to perfect. Good job, Hollywood.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (9 KB, 198x209) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
9 KB, 198x209
wtf is that thing?
>>
>>63058681
>Put a woman of colour front and centre, not as a victim, monster or sex object, and the white men run away in droves. They don’t want to see that on screen and they don’t want to deal with it in the office."

there's your answer, hollywood isn't going to make movies just to bomb
>>
> Put a woman of colour front and centre, not as a victim, monster or sex object, and the white men run away in droves. They don’t want to see that on screen and they don’t want to deal with it in the office.
So what's the solution, legally mandate that every white male must go to theaters and buy tickets for a certain number of movies with strong black female leads per year?
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
If pic related used any other actor, white or not, it would have been shit.

Get the right person for the right role.
>>
>>63058681
>Recent research showed that the largest film-watching demographic in the US is Hispanic women over 25, and they’re inclusive in what they watch.

Hispanic women are racist as fuck, my abuela would fit right in pretty much anywhere in the Deep South.

>Put a woman of colour front and centre, not as a victim, monster or sex object, and the white men run away in droves. They don’t want to see that on screen and they don’t want to deal with it in the office."

What about the blue girl from Avatar or the green girl from Guardians of the Galaxy?

>>63058798
>>63058826

Does Medea count as a "strong woman of color"?
>>
>>63058681
It's the top selling films, that means the films people are willing to pay money to see.
Unless they a legislation that forces consumers to choose movies with a more diverse cast, things won't change.
>>
>>63058859
>Does Medea count as a "strong woman of color"?

I wouldn't know, im white I haven't seen that shit
>>
>>63058840
>If pic related used any other actor, white or not, it would have been shit.

Blacks play the drums so I guess it could work if you rewrote it to be a psychotic drum line director but yeah it doesn't work as well.

that film is just Mr. Holland's Screaming Opus anyway
>>
>>63058879
>>63058826
You don't have to legislate the audience, just the studio. Make it illegal for any movie from a Hollywood based studio to have too many white people in it and the audiences will no longer have any incorrect choices to make.
>>
>> Put a woman of colour front and centre, not as a victim, monster or sex object, and the white men run away in droves. They don’t want to see that on screen and they don’t want to deal with it in the office."

Why is it ok for non whites to want to see non whites in the media, but not ok for whites to want to see whites in the media?
>>
File: 1416931927527.jpg (50 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1416931927527.jpg
50 KB, 395x401
>>63058681
>the largest film-watching demographic in the US is Hispanic women over 25
>America
>>
>>63058911
The problem is many of them might still be making incorrect thoughts.
To fight racism in film industry people should undergo a regular exam to prove that even subconsciously they are politically correct.
>>
>>63058840

Image is part of what makes a person right for the role. If the audience wants to see a certain thing, lets say, white people, then being white is what the studio searches for in its casting
>>
>>63058958

Still too risky

The ensure we finally get rid of racism we need to kill all white people.
>>
>>63058924
>Why is it ok for non whites to want to see non whites in the media, but not ok for whites to want to see whites in the media?

Because SJWs don't actually care what minorities think. They're going to liberate us from you evil white men whether we like it or not by fighting the important battle of movie character representation, then pat themselves on the back for tweeting #BlackLivesMatter while our friends and family struggle through crushing poverty.
>>
File: 1427308988901.jpg (482 KB, 1000x1926) Image search: [Google]
1427308988901.jpg
482 KB, 1000x1926
>>63058681
>University of Southern California
>>
>>63058681

Maybe if Hollywood stopped letting Tyler Perry hold a monopoly on black women roles, we wouldn't be so avoidant of them.
>>
>top grossing films have low diversity
thank you free market
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x506
>>63058681

It depends on their definition of "diversity."

If they mean hiring more Asian, Arab, Latino, and Native actors alongside whites, then I have no problem with it.

If they mean nothing but niggers, which these people always do when they talk about diversity, then fuck off. That's not diversity, it's just a different shade of monochrome.
>>
>>63058924

Whites have resources which can be extracted from them, so it's important to keep up a culture of antagonizing them and making them feel guilty for their own nature, so they will be more likely to give up those resources as a way to absolve themselves of the supposed wrong doing they are constantly told they engage in.
>>
>>63059055

Any cook whose willing to give up their shit to please angry whales and apes, deserves to be penniless and left with no opportunity. They want to be fucked? Fuck them.
>>
>>63058985

I don't mind their half-assed slacktivism, what I can't stand is how smug they are about it afterwards. You're not actually helping us, assholes. Stop pretending you're doing anything important, and I'm still picking you last in pickup basketball.
>>
>>63058681
>Hollywood NEEDS to
>we NEED to

I'm sick of this SJW rhetoric of NEEDING to change. Art should be up to the artist, not society.

Its like if I went to the Louvre or Ufizzi and complained that ALL THE ARTISTS ARE WHITE or that OVER 75% OF THE SUBJECTS IN THE PAINTINGS ARE WHITE this NEEDS to change! Then pulling out a paintbrush and blackfacing half of everything
>>
>>63059014
Truly glorious.
I bet Bernie Sanders will ask free cast diversity though.
>>
>>63058681
They are only hurting women and minorities by enforcing diversity, and true to form only we white males are trying to protect them.

Hear me out. See the thing about this SJW nonsense means that women and minorities cant be depicted in a negative way, which is required for realistic characters with depth. Instead they are 2 dimensional and audiences can't relate. It hurts the women and minorities in the industry and reinforces everything they are proposing to change.

It literally doesn't matter how white men are portrayed because ultimately for all of us complaining on /tv/ (and especially those complaining on /pol/), we are willing to speak out and will spend our money accordingly, but for the most part don't care. Im English and literally couldn't give a shit how the English are portrayed. To me John Oliver is a national disgrace but he doesn't impact or reflect my being simply because we hail from the same isles.

When white men can be depicted as anything they will continue to be able to be written with darkness and depth without fear of causing offence, which can allow for better narrative and less limits, and as such the potential for better filmmaking and television.

Its not surprising to me that the favourite shows of the SJWs I know personally (i only know a handful of female ones) are Doctor Who and Hannibal. No coincidence they follow white male characters written by people that aren't restricted by how they depict their leads.

SJWs constantly complain about how women and minorities are portrayed but its really them who are doing the harm, and if they really wanted to improve the situation then women and minorities would be encouraged to write and produce their own works and have the freedom to engage the viewer without fears of professional repercussions for their creative freedoms in writing. Its all cultural marxism which serves to censor creativity to enforce a false narrative, thereby subverting art.
>>
>>63058929
Yet apparently the solution to the diversity problem is more black women.
>>
>>63058911
>>63058958
I know you guys are doing satire and i appreciate the attempt.
>>
>>63058958
>To fight racism in film industry people should undergo a regular exam to prove that even subconsciously they are politically correct.

Agreed.

And it goes without saying, the exams are only for racist whites.

Blacks need not take the test since blacks can't be racist.
>>
>>63059160
This is already a thing.

>In the 25 years that I have been a secondary teacher, I have heard countless times, from respected teachers (mostly white), that they will ALWAYS teach Shakespeare, because our students need Shakespeare and his teachings on the human condition.

>So I ask, why not teach the oral tradition out of Africa, which includes an equally relevant commentary on human behavior? Why not teach translations of early writings or oral storytelling from Latin America or Southeast Asia other parts of the world? Many, many of our students come from these languages and traditions. Why do our students not deserve to study these “other” literatures with equal time and value? And if time is the issue in our classrooms, perhaps we no longer have the time to study the Western canon that so many of us know and hold dear.

>Here then, is my argument: If we only teach students of color, as I have been fortunate to do my entire career, then it is far past the time for us to dispense with our Eurocentric presentation of the literary world. Conversely, if we only teach white students, it is our imperative duty to open them up to a world of diversity through literature that they may never encounter anywhere else in their lives. I admit that this proposal, that we leave Shakespeare out of the English curriculum entirely, will offend many.

>But if now isn’t the time to break some school rules and think about how to bring literature of color to our student’s lives, when will that time be?

>Let’s let Shakespeare rest in peace, and start a new discussion about middle and high school right-of-passage reading and literature study.
>>
>>63058681
>white men run away in droves
So they admit the biggest movie going demographic (if it was hispanic women then why do the movies not do well) don't buy into this 'diversity' shit just for the sake of diversity? Also movies made by WHITE people in a country majority WHITE are filled with mostly WHITE actors? Color me surprised.
>>
>>63058681
>white men won't watch movies with women of color

Bullshit. There are tons of movies with hot Latina and Asian chicks. Most white guys don't wanna watch movies with black chicks or unattractive chicks, being non-white has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>63059265
It's not just that.

The Chinese box office keeps growing in importance.

Will Smith and Denzel Washington movies notoriously underperform in China even when they succeed in the US, whereas Chinese audiences flock to see Christian Bale, Tom Cruise and Matt Damon led pictures. Why do you suppose that is?
>>
>>63059174
A good example is when Hollywood declared blaxploitation to be racist to blacks. It meant that there were less movies being made by blacks, for blacks, starring blacks. Now there aren't really any black movies despite the fact they are being cast in every other flick.

The closest thing to the black filmmakers of old, beside that hipster moron Spike Lee, is Quentin Kekentino. Honestly Quentin makes honky flicks that appeal to idiots, and quite frankly he goes out of his way to humiliate blacks just as much as whites, as such black audiences cant relate to the uncle tom actors he casts. And thats systemic in the industry but isn't caused by some rhetoric patriarchy or white conspiracy, and the situation will never be helped by censorship or forced diversity.

If he was starting out today Denzel couldnt get a serious role and would be drowning in buck parts in kekold flicks. Morgan Freeman wouldn't get the part in Shawshank Redemption because a black character being depicted as an unrepentant murderer who eventually seeks redemption would be seen as a negative portrayal.
>>
>>63058746
dont forget they count jews as white too. there is the other 5%
>>
>>63059247
>racist whites
Redundant. Just by having white skin you are being racist.
>>
There really is a war on white people. I'm so sick of this shit.
>>
>the white men run away in droves

no, everyone runs away in droves
>>
>>63059324
The Chinese can't relate to blacks, who hold no relevance to their lives. The British and Americans are respected and often adored by Chinese. It has nothing to do with racism but with cultural impact.
>>
>>63058773
>Bidisha is an only child; her parents emigrated from India in 1972.[11][12] She was educated at the private school Haberdashers' Aske's School for Girls and speaks English and Bengali.[13] She studied Old and Middle English at St Edmund Hall, University of Oxford[9][14] and gained an MSc in Moral and Political Philosophy and Economic History at the London School of Economics.

>in 1995 at the age of 16 Bidisha signed a £15,000 book deal with HarperCollins.

confirmed daughter of indian royalty / magnates who never had to do any work all her life
>>
>>63058681
To be honest the constant onslaught of anti-white, pro-"diversity" articles and videos in every facet of media is causing a greater racial tension than we have seen in decades
>>
>>63059254

>move to the West
>hurrr why are they teaching Western things???

someone get Liberia on the phone, we need to reopen the port
>>
>>63059589
>rich bitch studies shakespeare
>gains moderate success in writing
>refuses to teach shakespeare to others
what a cunt
>>
>>63059254
Because you are teaching English Literature. Not Zulu or Ongo Bongo literature.
>>
>>63059254
i am triggered
>>
>>63059254
Spics and Asians do have some great literature.

Do Africans have anything?
>>
Why are American universities so terrible?

Universities are ranked by how much research they produce and American universities just constantly produce crap like this to inflate their worth
>>
>>63059254
>stop reading this top 5 writer recognized by all of academia as one of the most important figures to ever put pen to paper
>read these equally important african writers
>won't name any though lol
>>
>>63059254
>it's important to always teach whites about nonwhite literature
>ever teaching nonwhites about white literature is oppressing them
That's... That's racist as fuck isn't it?
>>
>>63059324
>Will Smith

Why do you lie on the internet? Thanks to that shitpile of a country Shyamalan still has a job

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=1000ae.htm
>>
Here's what's going to happen if Hollywood keeps going on with this SJW shit. Movies are going to be made starring everyone but white males in lead roles. Ghostbusters. Now Men in Black. Budgets will be high. Everyone will be so excited for these new progressive movies. The critical reception will be through the roof. Then the box office report will come in.
>>
>>63059813
there's nothing actually happening to hollywood

sjws and vocal feminists are an audience like any other, they will be pandered to and exploited but you live in a white majority country. studios understand how to make money, and will never do anything that will lose them money
>>
>>63058681
>Put a woman of colour front and centre, not as a victim, monster or sex object, and the white men run away in droves.

This raises the question though:
Are there any good non-drama/comedy movie with a "Woman of Color" as a lead?

Because I honestly can't think of any,
>>
>>63059958
Jackie Brown, probably the best Tarantino movie.
But it still didn't do that well in the box office.
>>
>>63059958
Whoopi Goldberg's whole career.
>>
>>63059988
>Jackie Brown

The film made 75 million with a budget of 12 million, all Tarantino films are incredibly profitable
>>
>>63058681
>how thoroughly she gets btfo in the comments
>>
File: ta.jpg (202 KB, 2490x1245) Image search: [Google]
ta.jpg
202 KB, 2490x1245
you know she is not wrong. When will get a film where Liam needs to be rescued by his daughter? Hollywood is stuck in a 1950s mindset when it comes to the pablum it produces.
>>
Since when did the free market become an SJW dictatorship?
>>
daredevil added a black guy it failed
>catwoman added a black woman it failed
fantastic4 reboot added a black guy it failed
>starwars episode 7 probably wont come close to the first avengers movie in global box office results

why dont liberals just admit their faggy little fantasies font sell. the lord of the rings did fine with a all white cast of good guys
>>
How are the Indian and Chinese film industries on this issue?
>>
>>63060084
is complaining now equivalent to enforcing a dictatorship?
>>
>>63058681
>largest film-watching demographic in the US is Hispanic women over 25

These are mothers who need to bring their kids to movies. They don't give a fuck whether or not they're sexualized or wearing a burka, they just need 90 minutes of a break.
>>
>>63060086
neither Daredevil nor Fantastic 4 failed in the box office

it's not like having a black villain is a risky investment
>>
>>63060086
>starwars episode 7 probably wont come close to the first avengers movie in global box office results
come on lad
fant4/10stic didnt fail because of the black guy, it failed because it's shit
>>
>>63059254
>So I ask, why not teach the oral tradition out of Africa, which includes an equally relevant commentary on human behavior?
Kind of hard to teach Oral tradition when it wasn't written down or recorded in any reliable manner until the nineteenth century.
Shakespeare was written and is in understandable English compared to things like Beowulf and translations of foreign works are notoriously unreliable and divisive.
>>
>>63060107
yes
>>
>>63059996
Whoopi spent most of her movies playing the clown and was hilarious at it, if she were starting out today they'd say she was demeaning to proud women of colour because all of her roles have her playing a clumsy, stupid, over-reacting crazy lady caught up in a farcical mess.
>>
>>63058681
>Put a woman of colour front and centre, not as a victim, monster or sex object,
Can someone name a movie where a black woman is supposed to be a monster?
>>
>>63060374
It's like they don't watch movies, they just pretend they do.

JUST LIKE US!!!
>>
File: k.jpg (137 KB, 550x368) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
137 KB, 550x368
>>63060374
>>
>>63060374
What's wrong with monsters? Why should the black woman be relegated to the boring goodie-two-shoes part?
>>
>>63059324
>Will Smith and Denzel Washington movies notoriously underperform in China
How? Last time I flew out of Beijing every Chinese person on the plane was watching The Pursuit of Happiness.
>>
File: 111.png (273 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
111.png
273 KB, 512x368
>>63058681
>theguardian.com
>>
>>63060469
A-are they saying that based Tony Todd's Candyman is a BAD thing because he's the "bad guy"?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>the largest film-watching demographic in the US is Hispanic women over 25

Then why the "diversity" move is to put black bulls everytime?
>>
>>63060472
probably because the Chinks took the title literally
>>
>>63060524
Because SJWs only give a shit about blacks, trannies and gays.
>>
>>63060524
Because blacks are more noticable visually. If they want that diversity street cred, they can't use hispanics, as they're too close to caucasians in looks.

I wish I was trolling.
>>
>>63058681
whites are probably around 30-40% of all movie roles if you don't count jews, extremely underrepresented compared to the US population
>>
>>63060596
>>63060570
SJWs care more about blacks because they have more white guilt about blacks. the more white guilt cred you have the more shit you get, hence why SJWs suck black dick the most and still can get away with mocking asians since very little white guilt associated with asians.
>>
>>63059040
Niggers are a safe minority. They have always been there, even before the independence and slavery is as American as the apple pie. They don't have a culture of their own while Asians, Arabs, Latinos and Native actors do. Niggers were absorved by their white masters's culture. Finally, niggers are spoiled brats while other minorities actually do things and can be a real menace to the elite, see Asians and Arabs.
>>
>>63060660
>very little white guilt associated with asians

That's because people can't into history. Railroads, anyone?
>>
>>63058840
Was this film any good, my mum actually recommended it to me and she doesnt watch films often.
>>
>>63060920
Yes. Best of 2014.
>>
>>63060909
Asians put their shit together and beat whiteys on their own game
>>
>>63058681
>75% of film characters were white,

Why does no one tell these people what the racial makeup of the this country is? Do they think white people are a minority?
>>
>17%

SO FUCKING HIGHER THAN THEIR % POPULATION IN THE FUCKING USA
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

Black or African American alone, percent, 2014 (a) 13.2%
>>
>>63061944
pretty racist family
>>
>>63060660
That's cuz Asians don't riot in the streets and burn shit down.
>>
>>63058681

I want more Hispanic characters. Not nigger shoehorning levels, just a couple more.
>>
>>63058681
Diversity literally just means "less white people".
Do you see any forced diversity in Bollywood?
>>
>>63058681
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Mods=Gods
>>
70% of movie characters are white in a nation where 70% of the population is?

I'll bet most people on Nigerian TV are Black. Do they need more diversity too?
>>
File: htgawm-finale-1[1].jpg (137 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
htgawm-finale-1[1].jpg
137 KB, 1000x665
>>63058681
>Put a woman of colour front and centre, not as a victim, monster or sex object, and the white men run away in droves.

Do white men not like HTGAWM?

Because I love that show. Viola Davis kind of carries it though. She's so fucking good.
>>
File: erghhhhhhhhh.jpg (56 KB, 820x878) Image search: [Google]
erghhhhhhhhh.jpg
56 KB, 820x878
>>63059254

Fucking hell
>>
>>63059254
>So I ask, why not teach the oral tradition out of Africa, which includes an equally relevant commentary on human behavior?
>"Ubuta try to sex lion but lion sex Ubuta first! Moral of story: Gibs me dat"
>>
>>63058773
The comments on that article is gold
>Here's a fun fact*. In ancient Indian mythology, a Bidisha was a woman who went from village to village, shouting "Hey! Look at me everyone! Look at meeeee!" until the village collected enough money to pay her to go and annoy somebody else.
>>
>>63064551
THIS

Not even Latin American, but they're underrepresented in US media.
>>
>>63058681
>Recent research showed that the largest film-watching demographic in the US is Hispanic women over 25, and they’re inclusive in what they watch. But it doesn’t go both ways. Put a woman of colour front and centre, not as a victim, monster or sex object, and the white men run away in droves. They don’t want to see that on screen and they don’t want to deal with it in the office."

And this is Hollywoods fault how?
>>
More hispanics pls
Jane the Virgin does a good job of having hispanics that aren't cholos or immigrants. They're americanized without being completely out of touch with latino culture.
On an uncalled for note fuck George Lopez
>>
>>63066134
Meant they aren't only cholos or immigrants
>>
>>63066134
I remember a show on Nickelodeon called The Brothers Garcia that did this too.

Is it so wrong for a Latin American family in the US to speak perfect English yet retain traces of their cultural roots?
>>
>>63066250
>Is it so wrong for a Latin American family in the US to speak perfect English yet retain traces of their cultural roots?

Not at all, it's what happened with the Irish and Italians when they came in.
>>
>>63066352
I've actually heard from my Latin American classmates in college that doing stuff like that is "internalizing white traits" and that it destroy their ancestral essence.
>>
>>63066458
What? Speaking English?
>>
>>63066458
If that's true (I hope you're just trolling) they're clearly retarded.
>>
God damn thank god I'm not white right now

And it looks like its only going to keep getting worse for you guys
>>
>>63066571
Conforming to WASP standards, whatever the fuck that means.

>>63066577
I'm not trolling. I'm dead serious. These were only a few people here and there, but I've heard crap like this spewed.
They're also the crowd that truly believes all of the Southwest states belong to a collective Latino identity.
>>
>>63066458
They must be black. Cholos have always tried to leave their culture and embrace the white culture. That's the first thing they do once they settle down on an urban enviroment
>>
>>63066644
No, just poor. Middle class and rich spics consider themselves honorary whites and hate blacks more than anyone.
>>
>>63066644
The Latin Americans I've encountered thus far are these:

- Recent immigrants who work their asses off and can't speak English well, but are decent people

- Guys like my buddy Chief (he's brown as fuck and looks like a Native American sachem so much that everyone calls him that) who are like any other US resident

- Ones that insist that all you need to do is pay taxes to be considered a citizen; something I heavily disagree with

- And then the ones who believe that white thoughts and practices shouldn't be emulated because it's making everyone into their docile mules for political and economic control
>>
>>63060909
Asians willingly worked on the railroads. Nobody forced them too. They came here of their own free will.

>>63061877
Pssh, they're good worker ants, but lack innovation and initiative.
>>
>>63066577

No he is talking about the La Raza crowd. Basically they believe language is barrier to power and by dropping their 'culture' for greater hegemonic (dominant) culture, that culture is a creation of white corporate america.
>>
>>63059002
Sad that my own university has become so kucked :(
>>
>>63058773
MORE DIVERSITY IN BOLLYWOOD

GIVE PEOPLE WITHOUT COLOR MORE ROLES
>>
>>63058681
Who is that person kidding? Movies and TV are basically Skittles, they are packed with so much color now.

Also, who gives a shit? If a movie takes place in a location with a specific demographic of race then it should reflect that area.
>>
>>63058681
>put a woman of color and white men run away

i think they mean a fat nigress. white men dont hate latinas contrary to what libkeks think.
>>
Diversity would harken the death of quality cinema. Actors should be chosen based on their ability. If you start shoehorning in blacks and gays just for the sake of having them, you'll have films that will be critic proof just because of the "protected" minorities they feature.

The irony in all this is that the kind of diversity they are talking about would turn minorities into a commodity, it looks like they're taking a step forward but they they're really taking two steps back.
>>
File: 1447966586294.jpg (39 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1447966586294.jpg
39 KB, 500x334
>>63058681
forced diversity for the sake of equality serves only to dilute the film and destroy its integrity. making it a primary focus is destroying film
>>
>>63058681

Fuck you, and your Anglophobic racist bullshit.

You don't have to be white to make a film, and non-whites are perfectly capable of making their own without having to interject themselves in white projects.
>>
>>63069587
What if an asian actor is better for the lead role than a white actor? He shouldn't be hired because he may offend /tv/?
I know it's hard to understand for an autist but real life isn't black and white
>>
>>63058910
right cuz a black jazz drummer is so unbelievable, if i oblige our color centric retardation
>>
>>63066699
>>63066715
You guys know not all latinos are the same, right? For example, caribbeans are the niggers of Latin America.
>>
>>63060907
even with a history with oppression and being geographically and culturally displace, A.A have managed to contribute so much to american culture you jawa
>>
>>63069757
and with such a small group too
>>
>>63069723
>caribbeans are the niggers of Latin America

That would be central americans or mexicans, nobody else in the world is involved in so much crime
>>
>>63069699

You misunderstood the first thing I said. If any Asian actor is a better actor and the role isn't race specific, I think that he SHOULD get the role over his white counterpart, not because he's of a particular persuasion but because he's more capable.
>>
>white people won't make me a star!!!

Crybabies depending on whites to do everything for them.
>>
>"Diversity"

That's just liberal code for anti-white.
>>
>>63058681
>Posing this question on 4chan.
>hmmm I wonder how they'll answer...
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.