[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superman Made Less Than Lois Lane: Dean Cain on the Hollywood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: ao scott.jpg (111 KB, 570x722) Image search: [Google]
ao scott.jpg
111 KB, 570x722
>On a recent episode of the Fox program “Outnumbered,” actor Dean Cain discussed the widely reported “gender pay gap,” the perception that women in Hollywood get paid less based on their sex.
>Cain argued that actors are paid "based on their worth" no matter what their sex. He also pointed out that when he played Superman in the 1990s show "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman," he made less than co-star Teri Hatcher, who played Lois Lane.
>"Well, it's a weird thing. Statistics, and you know they can paint any picture you want, so they’re saying [it's] in the entertainment industry. I don’t think that means just actors and actresses. But if we're talking just actors and actresses, actresses and actors get paid based on their worth. That’s it"
>"I do. I don’t know what the entertainment industry numbers are. But as actors and actresses, when I played Superman, when I made my first deal, I wasn’t the one making the most money on the show."
http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/mark-judge/dean-cain-hollywood-gender-pay-gap-when-i-played-superman-i-wasnt-one-making-most

Women's arguments getting BTFO
>>
>>63055000

Every male actor in the world must dread being asked about the wage gap. If you agree with it, you're tacitly admitting that you're paid as much as you are--at least in part--because you're a man, and that you believe you aren't worth as much as you're being paid. If you disagree, you're shoving a stick directly into a giant hornet's nest that has a direct impact on your career.

Like, there's no right answer. If this comes up in the course of an interview, you're just fucked.
>>
Was Amy paid more than henry in man of steel? She is the bigger actor as far as a name goes
>>
"You never get paid what you are worth, only what you have the leverage to negotiate"
>>
>hire an agent to negotiate your salary
>he gets a percentage of what you make
>your agent doesn't ask for more money
>you get paid less than others

I'll never understand this, why don't women just fire their agents or ask them to push for more money?
>>
>>63055172
Being the victim is more fun.
>>
I believe this thread won't get nearly as many replies since its so on point and Dean just said what everyone already knows to be true.

If more actors discussed what they made they'd realize it really is about star power and not gender.
>>
Is that piper from Fallout 4?
>>
>>63055223
Yes. Teri Hatcher's appearance is based off of Piper's design.
>>
>>63055221

Who the fuck believes its about gender? aside from Emma Watson
It all comes down how many asses your name can bring into the seats. You think some Jew accountant at the MGM gives two fucks whether your name is Betty White or Bart the Bear? Numbers don't lie
>>
But Jennifer Lawrence got paid less than men one time so he's wrong.
>>
>actresses and actors get paid based on their worth

Then how come Leo makes so much money? He sucks ass.
>>
its because actresses have no fucking talent so when megan fox or jlaw ask for more money the director thinks lol fuck no ill go hire another bimbo by lunchtime

women get positions because of their looks and then complain like shit when they overplay their hand
>>
Based Dean
>>
>never saw this show and only vaguely know his name
>look him up

Jesus this guy has been working constantly for close to 3 decades
>>
>>63055064

>Not just saying you're not going to answer one way or the other because it's a loaded question and anything you say is bound to piss someone off

Not that tough m8
>>
File: 1424663651030.png (215 KB, 816x1056) Image search: [Google]
1424663651030.png
215 KB, 816x1056
b-but facts are sexist! stop raping me shitlord!!1
>>
>>63055089
No she fucking isn't.
>>
>>63055451
By "worth" it's how much money they can generate, i.e, arses in seats. Not merit or talent.
>>
Tom Welling >>> Dean Cain
>>
>>63056482

A pleb's choice.
>>
>>63056731
Check out Cains smeller, it has 'mixed' writing all over it. Superman aint halfnegro, man, he's a brownhaired, blueeyed, white ashkinase purebreed.
>>
File: Tom-welling.jpg (124 KB, 689x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tom-welling.jpg
124 KB, 689x1000
>>63056731
He's the physical embodiment of a supreme being.
>>
>>63057021
Cain is half-Japanese.
>>
>>63055874
Of course she is. Not that I think she should earn as much as MC in a movie, but as far as status goes, she BTFO that fag who played murderman
>>
>>63057083
Half yellow is still more brownish than pure white
>>
>>63057021
>brownhaired, blueeyed, white ashkinase purebreed
He's literally an alien
>>
>>63055064
>not dropping truth bombs and wrecking the whole myth
>>
>>63055380
She clearly said it was her agents fault, and that one problem is that women in hollywood fight less for their salary than men. The sony leaks said she was considered the biggest money bringer in that money, even if she got a smaller part, The gender gap does exist, but is not sexist:
>Male leads have a longer career so they acumulate more "worth", a 40 years old woman is just too old.
>Young women are retarded and trust their agent jews more

That's it.
>>
>>63055380
she got paid more considering the worked less than half of the other actors but got half their amount
>>
File: hate.jpg (43 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
hate.jpg
43 KB, 620x350
>>63055779
B-BUT MY FEELINGS!
>>
Dean Cain is awesome. And perhaps the nicest guy in Hollywood.
>>
>>63057487
Are you implying a young woman in hollyjew has worth? There are literally millions of them that could be the next big Hollywood starlet, they have no value
>>
>>63055000
The same thing happened with Bruce Willis in Moonlighting.

When that show started he was making significantly less per episode than Cybill Shepherd, because she was some famous former-model and the creators thought she would be the star of the show.

Then when his career took off and it was pretty clear people were watching the show to see him, Willis renegotiated his contract and Shepherd threw a shit fit. It pretty much killed the show.

I'm not as up on the specifics of the show, but I believe the same thing happened with Pierce Brosnan in Remington Steele. The show was created for Stephanie Zimbalist, because she was a famous actress from an old-school Hollywood family.
>>
>>63055723
But that's a coward's answer that will irritate both extremes.

Better off to just pick a side and stick with it. Most people are in the middle and couldn't give two shits anyway.
>>
>>63057664
This.

As a non twink male aspiring actor, it's one of the few industries where people are fawning over you instead of the hot chicks. There are sooo many bland hot chicks in the entertainment industry their individual worth is minimal, it actually makes talent the deciding factor
>>
>>63055000
>superman is a spic
>Lois Lane is 45 and has flapjack tits

When you watch this, you wish Lex Luther would kill you.
>>
>>63055779
>infographic with no cited information

How is this any different than the SJWs parroting the wage gap shit?
>>
>>63058438
Because SJWs are shit.
>>
>>63055000

Cain is a far right winger.

So

1. Maybe he was just a cunt no one liked.
2. He's lying to get conservative fame.
>>
>>63057138
Yellow is whiter than white.

>short
>smallest cocks around
>good in school
>straightest hair around
>mostly good at solo sports

Sounds white to me.
>>
>>63058631

>He's lying to get conservative fame.

Not likely, not when checking that fact is easier than ever, and not when it's so apparent many will, just to try and perpetuate the wage gap idea.
>>
>>63058631
He's a conservative except on a few of the social issues. But I wouldn't label him a libertarian either since he's more of a hawk than an isolationist.
>>
File: 1276024550833.jpg (16 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
1276024550833.jpg
16 KB, 430x320
>>63055000
>Women's arguments getting BTFO
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
L
O
W
N

T
H
E

F
U
C
K

O
U
T
Also check those trips.
>>
>>63057676
Same thing happened with X-files and Chuck...
Interesting coinincidense.
I blame the weakest genderst!
>>
>>63058631
>He's lying to get conservative fame
Then Teri Hatcher would deny it
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.