[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Man in the High Castle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
what went wrong?

what went right?
>>
The setting is nice but everything is so boring
>>
>>63054456
germany never wanted to conquer the US
>>
>>63054456
>what went wrong?
Made me want to live in Nazi won society.
>what went right?
Made me want to live in Nazi won society.
>>
>>63054456
what happened to the USA to get it cut in half like that?
>>
File: 1439436931916.jpg (455 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1439436931916.jpg
455 KB, 540x720
>>63054567
N I P P O N
S T E E L
S T R O N K
>>
>>63054567
nukes
>>
>>63054624
nice
>>
File: 121241124124124.png (259 KB, 391x474) Image search: [Google]
121241124124124.png
259 KB, 391x474
They did a very good job of making me like the Nazis and Empire of Japan characters much more than the resistance idiots.
>>
>what went wrong?
The plot is a little wonky with the Trades Minister jupming into another timeline (its sad that I don't even know the character's actual name, I think tagumi or something but I can't remember)
I didn't really understand why the fake-swedish german nazi guy killed himself in the end. Honestly, this is a major problem with this show, I don't even know half the character's names aside from Frank, Juliana and Joe.
The characters themselves are kind of weak, but there is potential for them to grow and become good. I like the Nazi SS officer with the kids / wife (again, don't even know his name because he was called by his rank throughout the show).

>what went right?
Hitler having all those films and watching them, I'm actually curious to see where this is going.
The setting and set-pieces, as well as the props and everything is really well done. It seems like it is produced with thought and care to get the period right.
Acting is alright, didn't notice anything particularly bad. Was interesting to see two actors that played minor characters on LOST have roles in this (Dr. Arzt and the guy who played Hugo's friend in flashbacks).

It's not the best show, but it's far from the worst and definitely watchable. Solid 7.5/10 and I'll look forward to new episodes in the future.
>>
File: high-castle.jpg (996 KB, 1500x1038) Image search: [Google]
high-castle.jpg
996 KB, 1500x1038
>>63054789
How did you feel about John Smith?
>>
Shows from 2014 (Penny Dreadful, Black Sails, a few others) had wonky or mediocre 1st seasons but brilliant 2nd ones, hopefully this is like that, setting everything up for a good payoff.
>>
>>63054829
I honestly liked the first season of Penny Dreadful, but I do see where you are coming from if you compare the two.
>>
>>63054813
That's the guy whos name I didn't know / couldn't remember. I liked his character, and I think they are building him up to be turned into a resistance leader as the series goes on.

His kid has a disease that the Nazi's will murder him for having, and obviously the father will be torn between hi loyalty to the Nazis and his son.

There's also the fact that other Nazis tried to kill him, I can definitely see him becoming disillusioned with their cause the next season, especially with the conversations he had with Rudolph when he was at their house.

I'm more curious about Hitler and the films though, and how he obtained them. I think he like Nagomi is able to switch between alternate realities somehow, and obtain the films. I think he obtained them before the war and corrected for his mistakes, which allowed him to win.
>>
Post Mega or other free decent speed direct downloads please
>>
>muh nazis are bad
>muh holocaust is real
>muh heydrich is a bad guy
>muh strong kike

sjw leftist faggotry desu
>>
>>63055086
>muh muhs

normie faggot desu
>>
What happened when Smith took his kid to school in episode 9?

He went to the hospital where Erich was recuperating, did he drop his kid off at the gassing station? He's never mentioned/again again and he seemed pretty resigned when he fell down the stairs.

The dude who they cast for Smith is perfect. Joeashit, Juliaana kind of stoic but feels like there is depth and sadness there. Frank the best.
>>
File: 1983665-275355-tsung.jpg (36 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1983665-275355-tsung.jpg
36 KB, 250x233
>>63054789
>Trades Minister
Say my name!
>>
>>63055209
Holy shit, my mind is fucking blown!
>>
>>63055209
Well shit, it has been 20 years now I suppose.
>>
>>63054813
>>63054941
it was like watching dark city except with Nazis.
>>
>>63055300
I wouldn't say that's a bad thing.
>>
>>63054567
wait is that actually supposed to be ocean? i never read the book because dick is a hack writer, but i thought they just split the country at the rockies.
>>
>>63054567
>>63055373
>>63054624

It's the fucking Rocky Mountains. Holy shit, do none of you know our own god damn geography?
>>
>>63055300

But Dark City had flying Gestapo
>>
>>63055414
geography is a kike bullshit subject
>>
How is the Nipponese empire portrayed?
Are the writers weebs, or do they recognise them for being savage fucks.
Does anime still exist?
>>
>>63055449
Yes and yes
>>
>>63055449
Anime is a product of the fundamental change of worldview that the nukes brought to the Japanese. One couldn't have existed without the other.
>>
>>63055449

They took over San Francisco, the Ricearoni state
>>
>>63055473
It's also because Tezuka loved Betty Boop and Looney Tunes.
>>
>>63055449
It's a pretty fair portrayal across the board for the Japanese, very interesting scenario since they're locked in a cold war with the Nazis.
>>
>>63055449
There's a weeb in the show that gets absolutely BTFO by this jap guy and his waifu.

The Jap guy is a westaboo, by the way.

Also, I seem to recall one of the characters reading Manga at some point.

As for the empire, they treat whites like second class citizens, and have their own secret police (Kempaitai) which is similar to the Nazi Gestapo, which rounds up dissidents and tortures / murders them.
>>
What's Mexico and Canada doing in all this?
>>
>>63054789
I think you're kind of a retard dude, just saying.
>>
File: 1429594581834.jpg (30 KB, 448x271) Image search: [Google]
1429594581834.jpg
30 KB, 448x271
/tv/ I want to make a question, and I want you all to answer it if possible or I'll have to make a thread about it

I'm fluent in Japanese, and I quite liked the acting of the characters of the Japanese side, but I thought it was really weird and inconsistent on one part

1 - Most Japs speaking English well, even lowbies (this I could sort of tolerate, somewhat believable, very very borderline believable though)

2 - Japs speaking English among themselves, like the Trade minister and the Crown prince/princess

Now this one I couldn't take. No Japanese, in fact, no one among their own would speak English if they can speak each other's languages. This isn't even about japanese per se, but more about two people speaking english when their native language isn't, when it's clearly not necessary.

Is it for the american audience? Like, does Japanese just doesn't bode well and hoping for a more immersive use of macaronic language just impossible to hope for because of it?

Why do you think they spoke English even though it's clearly not natural to do so? Even some of the germans.
>>
Is this show meant to portray the Nazis as evil or what? Because every clip I've seen makes it look like paradise.
>>
File: 1417296623389.jpg (5 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1417296623389.jpg
5 KB, 240x240
>>63056809
>Japs speaking English among themselves
Is it your first american film/tv show?
>>
>>63056991

Yes, for once rather than some washed out dystopia Axis occupation apart from a few unsettling things is a pretty normal place
>>
>>63056809
Is this the first thing you ever watched?

They speak english because it was made for an english speaking audience.

Most people dont want to read subs all the time and give no shit about immersion.
>>
File: kabegami_hara.jpg (85 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kabegami_hara.jpg
85 KB, 1024x768
>>63057017
>>63057046

...actually...

it is. I don't watch TV shows but only made an exception to this one because my cousin had prime, and I had read the novel back a few years ago.

The novel was ridden, ridden and ridden with macaronic language. A lot of german and a lot of Japanese, which is why I was surprised to see so little of it in the show

Are americans just allergic to it? How can the audience forsake the use of german/japanese in this setting, in particular, for the sake of convenience? When it goes to high lengths to make it so immersive.

Is it too much of a risk? I'm asking this casually btw
>>
Is it actually alright or is it just more kike propaganda about how the nazis would cook babies into smores and gas any jew they met on the spot?
>>
>>63058079

It's actually about as pro-Nazi as you could get away with for a mainstream TV show.
>>
>>63054478
But thats because Hitler didnt want to fight the US, and also assumed Germanic peoples wouldnt fight Germany to protect slavs. Sort of the same mistake the Germans made in WWI.

However since the US did enter the war, its reasonable to assume that if Germany won, it'd want to annex it and rebuild it. The US belongs to Greater Germany, but its pretty autonomous, like Vichy France.
>>
why would the nazis refer to themselves as such? that was an allied forces thing, i thought tje nazis always went by their initials
>>
>>63058079
Its typical everything is bad because of nazis and they don't show any of the good it would have done.
>>
>>63054829
Penny dredful had a great first season, i dropped it mid second season.

I kind of hope this doesnt get a second season, they'd probably fuck it up.
>>
>>63058202
Yeah, they Nazis never called themselves Nazis, other Germans did because thats the sound the initials make.
I was also bothered by that.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.