[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why don't american film producers hire american actors anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
why don't american film producers hire american actors anymore?
>>
there aren't any. Blame Obama.
>>
Cheaper?

More range?
>>
Because British actors are superior. A Brit can act American x 10 better than an American can act British

I say this as an American
>>
>>63054061

because they are jews
>>
Its american tradition to hire nonwhites for dirt cheap.
>>
>>63054084
>tfw Daisy Ridley will betray her majesty's empire by destroying this perception in the new movie

ARF M8 I DO YA BEHIND DA BIKES SHEDS INNIT
>>
>>63054081
Actually you have a point... there are a lot actually, but imagine the kinds of people who would be 'actors' in the US. Raging narcissists, attention whores, spoiled rich kids, psychopaths. Whereas in the UK it's the equiv of going out for football.

>>63054084
Most important, the brits respect the hierarchy, American actors are all wannabe directors
>>
Because american actors are shit
>>
At least batman is American again
>>
>>63054061
Over saturation of method actors.
>>
There were plenty of Brits in the originals too

C3PO
Obi Wan
Vader
Tarkin
Pretty much the entire Empire
>>
>>63054219
>brits respect the hierarchy
more that we respect the idea that you need to know what the fuck you're doing to do it well

in America you think you can do anything as long as you are "confident" and maintain a "positive attitude". it's basically WH40K Ork-tier.
>>
A lot of American actors these days are divas. Just look at people like JLaw who think the world should drop at their feet. They're probably a pain in the ass to work with.
>>
>>63054084
This is absolutely true, plus the Brits aren't too taken by social media, needing to post their hot opinions on politics, Israel, and weigh in on vaginal steaming like Goopy Paltrow etc.
>>
>>63054273
To go on, it's not so much method is bad but rather it's just become way too common and makes it too hard for casting directors to take notice of local talent. I mean just look at Chastain even being taught at Julliard had her jobbing it for a while.
>>
Being an actor in UK: start acting since early age, being occupied with theatre after school since 15, constantly go to your local theatre and see plays
Being an actor in US: have a pretty face, a nice body and move to LA hoping someone notice how pretty you are OR go to an acting studio that only few rich people could afford.
>>
Because in England film/tv and theatre take place in the same location so they actually learn how to act verses hollywood where you just have to be goodlooking to get a job
>>
because everyone knows classically trained British actors are elite, it's scientifically proven, ask dr. brown
>>
>>63054536
plus they arent in the media all the time, it helps suspend disbelief when you dont know who the person is
>>
>>63054061
Driver is American and Isaac was raised in Miami, and went to Julliard.
>>
File: 1345383304094.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1345383304094.png
30 KB, 400x400
>>63054084
>I say this as an American

Well English people don't refer to themselves as Brits
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.