[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does tv think of Tati's films?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: JTATI.jpg (14 KB, 192x246) Image search: [Google]
JTATI.jpg
14 KB, 192x246
What does tv think of Tati's films?
>>
File: whalen-regular.jpg (3 MB, 3600x2400) Image search: [Google]
whalen-regular.jpg
3 MB, 3600x2400
Arty and fun, I say that un-ironically. What's not to like? I like how little dialogue there is. All visual. It's been a while since I've seen Mon Oncle, it has like no dialogue right?
>>
>>63053875
Yeah, it has almost none. it's really cool. I'm considering buying it for a friend now that the criterion sale is on.
>>
>>63053889

Do it! I find not many people know about this shit anymore. So maybe they'll dig it and show it to their friend and then good content will perpetuate forward forever. Lel.
>>
>its like poetry
>it rhymes
Is Lucas the successor to Tati's throne?
>>
>>63053789
Absolutely terrible.
>>
Besides the films of Bunuel, Tati, Lynch, I only like Der Golem. Recommend me some films.
>>
>>63054180
Check out Pierre Etaix, he was a collaborator of Tati then worked with JP Carriere, who collaborated with Bunuel
Surreal, lightearted social satire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8EXmAoadsA
>>
Playtime is the GOAT
>>
My dream is to find a cute girl to take to the local revival house and introduce her to Mon Oncle, then take her home and get a quick kiss on the cheek. I would then recreate Gene Kelly's dance from Singin' in the Rain because I would know that I've found the one. That will probably never happen though.
>>
>>63054436
This. Playtime is one of the most entertaining bits of comedy I've ever seen
>>
>>63054477
THIS IS FRUITY AS FUCK

YOU PROBABLY WANT A KISS FROM A DUDE 2BH
>>
>>63054552
Gene Kelly is the straightest dancer who ever lived.
>>
File: 815.jpg (287 KB, 1600x1120) Image search: [Google]
815.jpg
287 KB, 1600x1120
>>63054570
STILL GAYAF
>>
>>63054631
There's one girl I'm thinking of. She's perfect. I want to show her all of my favorite films. Then marry her and love her until I die.
>>
I tried watching Playtime a few years ago and couldn't really get into it.

I think now that I have a better idea of the vibe, I should try again
>>
>>63054681
You should. It's a masterpiece. And a very subtle satire on the urbanization of society.
>>
The best comedic filmmaker of his era.

or Billy Wilder, if you think he counts due to his insane versatility
>>
File: 1443810105113.jpg (52 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1443810105113.jpg
52 KB, 620x670
>>63054655

F U L L H O M O

>>63054702

>YFW THEY TURN AN ANCIENT GREEK COLUMN INTO A GARBAGE CAN

MUH MODERNISM TRASHING CULTURE
>>
>>63054547
That movie has some amazing cinematography, knowing that it's all filmed on a massive set just makes my jaw drop.
I'm always surprised that more people, even some hardened cinefiles, don't know of that movie, maybe it's snobbishness
I'm a big fan of his Hulot comedies but this was as if he switched completely into artistic mode. He didn't want to include the character at all but was pressured into doing so for marketability.

Anyway, some of the best money I've ever spent on a blu-ray collection.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.