[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did the blacks lose stand up comedy. Not a single one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: stand-up.jpg (59 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
stand-up.jpg
59 KB, 600x400
When did the blacks lose stand up comedy. Not a single one of them is funny.
>>
Blacks are generally better than us in everything but self deprecation and math, both of which are essential in comedy.
>>
>>63052318
Hannibal Buress
Wyatt Cenac
Dave Chappelle
Tim Meadows
Richard Pryor
>>
>>63052318
Donald Glover's Weirdo special was fun.

>inb4 reddit.
>>
>>63052395
the guy from lethal weapon did standup?
>>
>>63052438
His son. Y'know, Troy from Community?
>>
>>63052382
-Not funny

-Political New York nigger whose whole act is the fact he's black

-might as well be dead

-might as well be dead

-actually dead
>>
>>63052318
When Patrice Oneal died, that nigga was to real for this world.
>>
>>63052382
Bill cosby
>>
>>63052457

You don't 'get' Hannibal, it blows my mind he's even as mainstream as he is as subtle and based his humor is.
>>
>>63052318
>when did the blacks lose stand up comedy
When Richard Pryor ran through the streets naked, on fire, and high on cocaine. Don't get me wrong, that was funny as hell, but Americans lost respect for black comedians after that.
>>
>>63052363
t.c u c k
>>
>>63052462
This tbqh.

Black comedy died with Patrice O'Neal. The only ones left are the ones who WERE funny decades ago, and the ones who aren't funny now.
>>
The problem is that white comedians don't have a social stigma attached to making racial comments, and can explore racially charged themes in their comedy. But due to black guilt, black comedians just can't "go there," and usually just resort to awkward quasi-apologetic "jokes" about how lame they are as a race.
>>
>>63052457
Bernie Mac

Aries Spears

Vintage Eddie Murphy
>>
>>63052608
Yea we should let black comedians say more words and make edgier points. It feels like society is a bit too sensitive and holding them back a bit
>>
File: 54361391.jpg (6 KB, 247x250) Image search: [Google]
54361391.jpg
6 KB, 247x250
>>63052318
There aren't any good comics performing currently desu.

I've always liked Hannibal Buress and John Mulaney but they're new stuff isn't as good.
>>
Def Comedy Jam, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, none of their shows would get past the censors today. I'm surprised Chappelle Show lasted as long as it did and PC cunts got after him for saying nigger too much. This is why you never saw people smile in Eastern Europe during the cold war. Commie cunts sucked the humor out of everyone.
>>
There's not a single active comedian that I enjoy. All of the ones that I have enjoyed, in times past, still made me laugh when there material wasn't even good.

Steve Merchant fucking sucks. The only worthwhile thing the guy ever did was get insulted into self-hating silence by Karl.
>>
black comedians make a KILLING

they just play black clubs, work black crowds, host black awards shows

they rarely make it mainstream because that's not what mainstream audiences want right now

the further mainstream comedy gets layered in deadpan expression, irony and self-consciousness, the less black comedians you will see

they value movement, sights, sounds, a real old-fashioned 'show.' black crowds would probably riot if they saw some pasty white dude standing still and talking about taco bell all monotone
>>
File: gettyimages-481924421.jpg (284 KB, 980x1470) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-481924421.jpg
284 KB, 980x1470
When did men lose stand up comedy?
>>
>>63052529
>i like to spray... my bread... with pickle juice
not even joking, that's legit hilarious
>>
>>63052859
You pretty much described Kat Williams. Black people love him.
>>
One can only imitate 80s Eddie Murphy for three decades. After that it just doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>63052900
amy schumer is like a step above lisa Iloveblackdickpanelli

maybe a few steps but still not that great
Also to OP
-eddie murphy's old standup is pretty good
-richard pryor is dead
-dave chapelle I saw his stand up last year and it wasnt half bad but the dude more buff than carrot top and chain smokes cloves so it smells like ass in the auditorium
and thats it
>>
File: uhmm.png (76 KB, 720x652) Image search: [Google]
uhmm.png
76 KB, 720x652
>black comedian starts a gig
>so... WHITE PEOPLE...
>audience cheers
>>
>>63052900
Shit tier comedian, actress, writer
>also dubs
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.