[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /TV/ think of this show? I, personally like it, good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
What does /TV/ think of this show? I, personally like it, good fight scenes/ hot females/ fucking vikings. I don't like what they did to his hair in season 2 (farthest I am, watching on hulu) other than that its pretty good limo. So what does the rest of /TV/ think?
>>
Pretty good overall, good feel, great music and great action although it isn't entirely historically accurate nor entirely accurate to the legend. They wrote themselves into a bit of a corner by making Rollo Ragnar's brother in spite of the large time discrepancy between the existence of each of them
>>
>>63052347
How far apart are they?
>>
>>63052418
at least 20 or so years after the Great Heathen Army attacked britain around 855, which occurred some time after Ragar's death. Rollo (or Rolla) is mentioned once in the Anglo Saxon Chronicle at AD 876
>>
Oh wow I didn't know that, but yeah they really could have done something better with it than making them brothers
>>
i like it

the last season is pretty silly. i'm not sure why they kept focusing so much on King Ecbert in Wessex while the Vikings were besieging Paris. it really isn't relevant to the plot at all.
>>
>not enough rape
>muh strong wymyn
>franks and anglo-saxons get btfo while in reality they shitted on vikings
anyway, everyone shitted on vikings. slavs, franks, native americans.
>>
>>63052691
probably should have left him out of it and maybe done a new character arc after they finished doing ragnar and his sons. It's an artistic liberty done for dramatic purposes but they wrote themselves into a corner with it.
>>
>native Americans
Didn't they get squeezed out of the French and Indian war effectively?
>>
>>63052718
anglos did keep getting BTFO by vikings for a long time around the timeline of the show, franks too, albeit a couple decades later.
>>
>>63052757
They might still have some time to redeem themselves
>>
>>63052773
not sure about that but with vikings, it was that greenlanders, some icelanders, etc. simply couldn't maintain the vinland settlement at the time
>>
>>63052813
maybe. what i'd like to see is Egil's Saga be put to television or any of the icelandic sagas with at least this level of production values.
>>
File: muh vikings.jpg (363 KB, 1532x763) Image search: [Google]
muh vikings.jpg
363 KB, 1532x763
>>63052804
>>
File: deus gevalt.jpg (101 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
deus gevalt.jpg
101 KB, 500x500
>>63052864
>>
>>63052280
The Last Kingdom is better.
>>
it's too bad they killed off Gyda
>>
>>63052864
I think the point was they were just always fighting
>>
>>63053198
Unf
>>
>>63053198
What a semen demon.
>>
> tfw no qt 3.14 shield maiden earl waifu
Just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.