[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do horror movies never have good trailers? Alien kinda does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot00068.png (174 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot00068.png
174 KB, 512x384
Why do horror movies never have good trailers?
Alien kinda does but that barely counts.
>>
hey man you cant just drop... shit, what is that movie called again? Begotten? Yeah, you cant just drop that out of nowhere. it's too spuuky
>>
>>63051984
It's absolutely not. It has THAT creepy scene and that's it.
>>
>>63052029
well, i haven't watched it. I mean, seeing some unnerving black-and-white gore is pretty unnerving. Is it just the first part that is in black and white/?
>>
what's the GOAT horror movie trailer?
>>
>>63052157
It's on YouTube. Watch it. That's the first scene, God committing suicide, and the rest is absolutely not scary. That scene is only a little weird anyways.
>>
>>63051886
Witch has a good trailer, is it a horror movie? I don't know.
>>
>>63051886
Actually most horror movies have great trailers, it's the movies themselves that are underwhelming.
>>
>>63052168
The grudge. No joke, it used to scare the absolute shit out of me. Actually had to change the channel every time. I was like 10 when it was airing
>>
The trailer Michael Bay cut for his Texas Chainsaw Remake to get finance was apparently amazing.

Amazing enough to get him a 15 million dollar budget raised in minutes from private investors.

I say cut, but obviously there was no original footage in it.

Apparently it was just pics of corpses and shit, Ed Gein style, with that creepy light bulb sound, then some explanatory text over a black screen and heavy breathing. Then the sound of a revving chainsaw booms in followed by screaming and the title.

They didn't use it for the theatrical release, since they then cut a stock standard generic trailer.
>>
>>63052157

>seeing some unnerving black-and-white gore is pretty unnerving.

Check out pic related. Definitely 2 Edgy 4 U material, but still pretty good and unnerving in the Black And White Gore stakes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.