[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everybody here prefer Mike over Joel? Is it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: mst3k.jpg (27 KB, 505x341) Image search: [Google]
mst3k.jpg
27 KB, 505x341
Why does everybody here prefer Mike over Joel? Is it because Joel makes too many obscure references?
>>
Joel killed MST3K
>>
i'm a mike fan
>>
I used to prefer Joel but then I found out he shilled for Felicia Day to get on the new version of the show.
>>
>>63051623

Joel is dull
>>
>>63051623
You're incorrect

Joel is obviously superior to Mike.

Mike just came along for the ride and is an obviously flaming homosex.

Joel is quiet, but not homo. Creative as he had a stand up career long before MST3K.

Chucked his stand up career, which could have been as big as peewee to do bizarre cable tv in Minnesota. And even left that when he said all he could say.

Joel is superior.
>>
Official Patrician Response:

Joel > Mike
>>
Mike is the show. He was the head writer and the riffing was better under Mike.
>>
>>63053307

>Mike just came along for the ride and is an obviously flaming homosex.

Mike was lead writer from season one.
>>
> So, yes, I do vote Republican. As the pundit Hugh Hewitt has observed, there are indeed two Americas: Serious America and Silly America. The Democrats seem bent on turning this into Silly America, so I stick with those who wish this to remain Serious America.

Based Mike
>>
>>63053370
>selling weapons to towelheads and profiting wars for banana producers
>Based
>>
>>63053451

>Encouraging child serialization, transgenderism, sexual deviance, degeneracy, hatred of our country, and judgmental liberal hypocrisy
>Based
>>
>>63053451
>selling weapons to towelheads

Yeah now we just give it to them no strings attached
>>
Mike is more attractive and has a better sounding voice. Their jokes are about even, slight mike.
>>
File: adamsandler.jpg (22 KB, 287x400) Image search: [Google]
adamsandler.jpg
22 KB, 287x400
>it's a "they keep making references to famous people I've never heard of and are no longer close to relevant" episode
>>
>>63053488

>Their jokes are about even, slight mike.

Because most of them are written by the same people, Mike included.
>>
>>63053482
>Not being republican means I'm a SJW dyke

Well meme'd

>>63053488
>more attractive

ur gay
>>
>>63053349
Joel created the show, and hired Mike

employee from day 1
>>
I liked them both equally until Joel Hodgson became Jew Hodgson and started pandering to Reddit with Felicia Day and those other shit heads. The fucking henchman will probably turn out to be fucking Wil Wheaton.
>>
Longtime Joel defender here, but I can't overlook how shitty his behavior has been and what he's turned into. Mike is just a stand up dude. Although I prefer Joel as the host, Mike was still head writer back in the day.
>>
>>63053504
Spot the millennial.
>>
>>63051623
Mike has a sharper, dry wit. Also Joel's voice is very annoying and nasally.
>>
>>63051623
>Why does everybody here prefer Mike over Joel?
Because as the years go on the age of the average person on the Internet has dropped and the people who grew up with Joel now work jobs and have kids whereas the people who grew up with Mike are still posting here.

Personally I prefer Mike because I think the riffing was sharper during his years whereas Joel was more laid back, but I like them both.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.