[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies that taught you not to let your expectations get too high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
ITT: Movies that taught you not to let your expectations get too high
>>
File: file.png (85 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
file.png
85 KB, 184x273
>>
Terminator Salvation
>>
Tron: Legacy
Prometheus
>>
mad max fury road
>>
>>63051262
Is Legacy really that bad? I still haven't seen it
>>
47 Ronin holy shit.

Avengers, as much as I was hyped the movie didnt stay with me as I expected.

The Interview, god that trailer was good.

Armored, it was that movie about some security guards that wanted to steal an armored van, it had a pretty good cast and the idea seemed good but it was just mediocre.

Nightmare on Elm Street remake, as much as I knew it wasnt going to be a masterpiece, I was pretty excited by Jackie earle healey, poor dude gave great acting in a turd.
>>
The Hobbits
>>
>>63051265
epin
>>
>>63051287
It had a really weak script and CGI lebowski was really distracting.

Looked and sounded great though.
>>
spectre
>>
>>63051262
>Prometheus

this
>>
>>63051287
Not the guy you asked but.... it is an entertaining movie but its more style than story, the movie starts great and has some nice set pieces (old arcade) and the comfy house inside Tron but after that I felt that we didnt get to explore much of the world in Tron, it was just desolate, the sub plot with that girl was uninteresting and felt forced.

Other than that the music score and design are amazing, oh one other thing watch it high if you can it will blow your fucking mind specially the bike battles.

All in all it felt like a straight action fantasy movie instead of exploring the themes of humaniy, technology, soul, etc.
>>
desu TDKR, but regardless it was a great movie, and its not that it was less than expected, its just that it was not what i expected, ive learned not to build plots or narritives in my head and just watch the movie when it comes time, such a childish thing to think about movies 24/7, thats why society is rampant of man children
>>
>tfw never has high expectations with big blockbusters or majorly hyped movies

Feels good.
Only get excited for movie that are not something the majority know about or not yet because it's not the oscars.
>>
The Prequel Trilogy

Matrix Reloaded

Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
>>
>>63051287
Legacy sucks. Huge, wasted opportunity. The music is good and some of the visuals are cool, but it's a waste of time.
>>
>>
Prometheus

Saw that shit on opening day. Heard it got mixed reviews, but I didn't care because I was hype. I left the theater angry.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.