[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every time I watch Foxcatcher I find something new to love about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 749x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 749x499
Every time I watch Foxcatcher I find something new to love about it.
I'm aware I'm a blacksheep in holding this film in such high regard, but I was curious what /tv/ had to say about it.
>>
Are there foxes and do they catch them?
>>
>>63050611
At the beginning, yes. But unfortunately you never get to see them catch them. :/
>>
Good.
>>
I think it's a great movie, all the actors involved shed their usual one-dimensional typecast roles and give excellent performances. There is no way you could predict that ending, I spoiled myself by reading about it beforehand and was still shocked when it happened.

Easily one of the best movies of 2014.
>>
was a great movie
>>
I really love how everyone can get something personal from it.
I see it as an examination of masculinity. What it means to be envious, to have everything yet nothing at the same time.
Du Pont wants to be a champion.
Mark wants his success and stability.
Dave wants to see everyone achieve what they long for.
None of them achieve their dreams. It's the ultimate tragedy.

>>63051093
Couldn't agree more.
>>
You ungrateful ape.
>>
>>63051699
Kek
>>
Honestly expected this board to bash the film, so glad to see like minds in this thread.
>>
I liked it a lot.

RIP Based Dave
>>
>>63051699
but those dubs aren't
>>
>>63050568
I loved it.
>>
>>63050568
How can you watch this movie any more than one time holy shit
>>
>>63050568
I would go so far as to say it's one of the best movies of the '10s.
>>
I have bad memories associated with it but besides that it's a great film.
>>
>dat Steve Carelle
I didn't even know it was him until halfway through the movie when i looked it up IMDB. my mind was fucking blown. i reallu hope he starts doing more drama.
>>
>>63052550
The pacing isn't that bad in the second viewing
>>
>>63052550
Kek
Like I said I know I'm a blacksheep when it comes to it. Or at least I assumed I was.
>>
>>63052568
Firmly agreed.
I put it in my top 10 list, but it's one of those I'm not confident enough to recommend
>>
>>63052748
I thought the pacing was great first time round. I haven't re-watched it yet
>>
Mark
>>
I thought it was great too.

Minor flaw in the ending though that bothered me as an MMA fan; Gary Goodridge, the guy Mark Schultz fought (and beat) is black, not white. Which is doubly confusing, because they show his fight with Paul Herrera on the tv earlier in the movie.

Other than that I thought the entire movie was superbly engaging.
>>
>>63050568
>He wore a jacket with a fox on the back
>The police caught him
P O E T R Y
>>
>>63054091
I actually never knew that, I knew mark Schultz was the guy who weighed him in when he had to lose 12lb though.

>>63054106
That just blew my mind....
>>
I saw this movie having not seen the trailer or even knowing who DeLemour was or whatever and it was awesome.
>>
>>63051093
yeah, I was familiar with the real events already, and the sequence still works 100%
>>
>>63054177
>DeLemour

what the fuck you got this so wrong
>>
>>63051093

A reminder that the mirror scene with Tatum is 100% legit and unscripted.
>>
>>63050568
I don't really like the movie but I really like that character. Made me scared of my boss because he acts just like that
>>
they did a really shitty job of shooting the wrestling scenes.

static camera on a long shot of the wrestling maps with two people practicing in one quadrant, we get it.

The sport deserved better.
>>
>>63054970
well I got the D right at least
>>
>>63055122
It's not about the wrestling, Du Pont.
>>
it was my favourite film of 2014

great performances, great score, great cinematography, etc

It really Created an atmosphere when I saw it in the cinemas hat hasn't occurred when I watched it at home
>>
You got a problem with me?

I only wish they would've delved more into his final psychotic break after murdering dave when he holed himself up into his home.
He didn't run out through some mysterious underground FOXHOLE

He boarded himself up inside of his house and was convinced there was a continental conspiracy against him.
>>
For me its a great one time movie. Pretty interesting, but 0 rewatch value.
>>
>>63055218
>It's not about the wrestling, Du Pont

Rocky wasn't about the boxing but they still shot the scenes wonderfully. They shot the wrestling scenes like shit
>>
>>63055429
>rocky wasn't abput boxing
Yes, it was. Are you fucking retarded? Jesus fucking christ how do you even function in your daily life.
>>
>>63055333
woulda destroyed the pacing of the film I guess
>>
literally a reddit movie
>>
>>63055457
>Yes, it was. Are you fucking retarded? Jesus fucking christ how do you even function in your daily life.

Rocky was a love story and about getting a second chance. Boxing was secondary.
>>
File: image.jpg (420 KB, 1280x1738) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420 KB, 1280x1738
>>63054158
3And Samson said concerning them, Now shall I be more blameless than the Philistines, though I do them a displeasure. 4And Samson went and caught three hundred foxes, and took firebrands, and turned tail to tail, and put a firebrand in the midst between two tails.

5And when he had set the brands on fire, he let them go into the standing corn of the Philistines, and burnt up both the shocks, and also the standing corn, with the vineyards and olives. 6Then the Philistines said, Who hath done this? And they answered, Samson, the son in law of the Timnite, because he had taken his wife, and given her to his companion.

And the Philistines came up, and burnt her and her father with fire. 7And Samson said unto them, Though ye have done this, yet will I be avenged of you, and after that I will cease.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-01-23-06h48m19s47.png (1 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-01-23-06h48m19s47.png
1 MB, 1920x1040
>>63055909
You're special
>>
Bretty goo
>>
>>63055030
wow
>>
File: 325325.jpg (4 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
325325.jpg
4 KB, 100x100
soundtrack is GOAT
>>
I love how the real guy got pissed cause all the reviews kept mentioning the homoerotic subtext and he got all muh im not gay about it.
>>
>>63060558
What the fuck are you doing grabbing sweaty men then? That is quite gay to be honest.
>>
>>63060558
Typical homophobe.

THESE GAY FEELINGS AREN'T REAL IF I'M IN DENIAL ABOUT THEM gee can't figure out WHY gay people bug me so much, it's almost like i'm intensely jealous
>>
>>63051093
Tatum best role, not too hard for him because he's already a perfect Chad.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.