[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ah! A nice 4 hour nap!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: lawrence of arabia.jpg (135 KB, 1267x971) Image search: [Google]
lawrence of arabia.jpg
135 KB, 1267x971
I viewed this film for my first time a few days ago, and I'm very glad that I waited so long to finally watch it. What finally interested me to see this movie was because of World War I. The war is celebrating its centennial, so my attitude was ok "What the hell" lets finally take a look at this classic. Well, my attitude towards the movie is why is this movie considered so great? I thought it was a very boring, slow movie horse opera. Excuse me camel opera. That is all this movie really is. Sure its beautifully shot, but the movie doesn't have much plot. After dozing in and out for 4 hours, I hope to never see another damn camel, desert, or actor dressed as a Arab for a long, long time. I can see how so many directors are influenced by this movie. Most notably Sergio Leone and Steven Spielberg. David Lean on the other hand was very influenced by John Ford, especially of Ford's great film The Searchers. I don't mind long movies, especially if there good. Ben-Hur (1959), Gone with the Wind (1939), and The Ten Commandments(1956) are great long movies, but all three of those movies have much plot and great characters. Lawrence of Arabia had nobody engaging to watch. Peter O' Toole played T.E. Lawrence as a wimp, and the real T.E. Lawrence was not a wimp. Those that find this movie great, are ones who care more about style than substance, because that is what this film is all about. As for the musical score, sure its engaging for the first few times, but after hearing it for about 500 times throughout the movie I beg the composer to play something else. I mean GIVE IT A REST! I'll never lose my interest in watching great movies, but sadly this film is not the least bit great. Its a 4 hour long, boring, slow moving, thin story, camel opera, with very little action.
>>
I also would like to clarify that i love classic movies. My favorite movie of all time is the 1959 John Wayne classic Rio Bravo, while my second favorite movie is the 1938 swashbuckler The Adventures of Robin Hood with Errol Flynn, but Lawrence of Arabia is NOT a GREAT film to me.
>>
>>63050506
>Im a gay british map maker in Arabia
>Lol fucking savages, why cant they be gay super models like me?
>No Lawrence, you were Arabia all this time!
>NOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!1

25 minutes intermission if you want maybe go to the toilet or buy groceries or whatever

>I refuse to be Arabia!!!!
>I dont enjoy the killings, oh wait...I do
>NNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo1!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!
>Rides on a motorcycle on a perfectly fine road
>Lost his balance, dies

Credits

>Post credits scene: 500 years later he is a gay robot in the search of god-engineers-space jockeys-aliens. It also lasts another 2 hours.
>>
>posting stale pasta from Reddit
>>
>>63050709

>dat post-script

I kek'd

The trick, Harry Potter, is not MINDING that it hurts..!
The trick, Harry Potter, is not MINDING that it hurts..!
>>
>>63050709
>Rides on a motorcycle on a perfectly fine road
>Lost his balance, dies
yeah what a retarded script, shit like this would never happen irl
and he should have died in an epic battle instead of a dumb thing that has nothing to do with the plot
fuckin dumb movie imho
>>
File: 1420150489447.jpg (6 KB, 249x203) Image search: [Google]
1420150489447.jpg
6 KB, 249x203
>>63050709
>500 years later he is a gay robot in the search of god-engineers-space jockeys-aliens. It also lasts another 2 hours.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2359x1791) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2359x1791
Lawrence is a highly-ironic protagonist... A queer who treads for the empire, before switching to root for the Arabs themselves. He is, of course, Lean's depiction of the British as a whole.

http://youtu.be/pZdLM2ENld8
>>
>>63050506
I've never watched the whole movie. I'm mildly autistic so maybe I don't have the patience. I COULD probably sit still for 4 hours, but ultimately it's not terribly interesting to me either. Maybe if I was British I could appreciate it more.
>>
>being this pleb

Ok, I took the bait
>>
>>63050506
>bitches dont know bout lean night
>>
>>63050506
>being this autistic
Maybe you should stick to capeshit
>>
ooOOOooo I am the ghost of Peter O Toole and I am not going to read your post because it's too long but I will haunt you in your sleep forever for not giving me my sticky and setting me free
>>
File: image.jpg (391 KB, 736x995) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391 KB, 736x995
George M. Cohan - Over There

http://youtu.be/1alCKaj50_g
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2140x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2140x1936
>'Murica puts a stop to war for all time
>not so much as a thank-you letter
Sheesh!
>>
File: danoandzoe.jpg (405 KB, 736x1105) Image search: [Google]
danoandzoe.jpg
405 KB, 736x1105
someone say classic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8zWs0V1eco
>>
>>63052481
>>63053001
ha ha le epic reference = joke meme so funny making references is funny and smart!
>>
File: 1441564772862.jpg (88 KB, 677x583) Image search: [Google]
1441564772862.jpg
88 KB, 677x583
>>63054437
>>
I am gay, should I watch this?
>>
>>63055297
Yes, but you'll probably get turned on by the rape scene.
>>
>>63055297
Yes, but if you're a lesbian you won't understand it.
>>
shit.. I think I hear a ghost awoken by this thread
>>
I viewed this film for my first time a few days ago, and I'm very glad that I waited so long to finally watch it. What finally interested me to see this movie was because of World War I. The war is celebrating its centennial, so my attitude was ok "What the hell" lets finally take a look at this classic. Well, my attitude towards the movie is why is this movie considered so great? I thought it was a very boring, slow movie horse opera. Excuse me camel opera. That is all this movie really is. Sure its beautifully shot, but the movie doesn't have much plot. After dozing in and out for 4 hours, I hope to never see another damn camel, desert, or actor dressed as a Arab for a long, long time. I can see how so many directors are influenced by this movie. Most notably Sergio Leone and Steven Spielberg. David Lean on the other hand was very influenced by John Ford, especially of Ford's great film The Searchers. I don't mind long movies, especially if there good. Ben-Hur (1959), Gone with the Wind (1939), and The Ten Commandments(1956) are great long movies, but all three of those movies have much plot and great characters. Lawrence of Arabia had nobody engaging to watch. Peter O' Toole played T.E. Lawrence as a wimp, and the real T.E. Lawrence was not a wimp. Those that find this movie great, are ones who care more about style than substance, because that is what this film is all about. As for the musical score, sure its engaging for the first few times, but after hearing it for about 500 times throughout the movie I beg the composer to play something else. I mean GIVE IT A REST! I'll never lose my interest in watching great movies, but sadly this film is not the least bit great. Its a 4 hour long, boring, slow moving, thin story, camel opera, with very little action.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.