[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
no /pol/ tier posts in this thread, please. is it worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 10
File: jj.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
no /pol/ tier posts in this thread, please.

is it worth watching? I'm bored and need something to keep me entertained but I don't want to invest in something that turns to shit.
>>
>>63050001
Sure.

My biggest issue with it is it clearly did not need to be 13 episodes but they made it 13 anyways, so when episode 10 rolls around and it feels like the end, it gets fucking stupid because there's still 3 more episodes to go.

I'd say I had a blast with 1-10, and 11-13 was just me waiting for it to get over, not because it was bad, because you get blue-balled by ep 10's ending and are waiting for it to be fucking over.
>>
It's a bit inconsistent, Jessica sometimes is a pussy, the plot recycles too much, it's a 6/10 show in my opinion.
>>
>>63050001
It's not The Wire but it will keep you entertained.
>>
>>63050001
It's worse than Daredevil, but better than any of the network capeshit shows.
>>
It's like a televisioned version of blacked dot com, pretty good considering the year is 2015.
>>
>>63050001
it was shit.

not even /pol/ here, it was just boring, Jessica is unlikable and pretty stupid, Trish is the only good character other than I guess Kilgrave.

Every character is dumb as rocks or completely unlikable.
>>
The critics saying its better than Daredevil are really reaching. Is it worth watching? yeah it definitely is if you want more serious capeshit. Its better than agents of shield, arrow, and gotham for sure. The only major issue that persists through every episode is the wildly inconsistent nature of Jessica and Lukes powers. In one scene for example Jessica lifts up the back of a car with one hand no problem, then sort of struggles to take down three non super powered drunks. Luke takes a power tool to the stomach and it shatters on his skin, but then is knocked out cold with a shotgun blast.
If you can get past some glaring inconsistency then it will not disappoint.
>>
It's worth watching for Killgrave/David Tennant.
>>
>>63050144

The inconsistency was the thing that pissed me of the most. Remember that bit when Jessica was struggling to take the scissor from the father of the bad guy? I mean Jesus man
>>
It's fine. Daredevil was better.

This shit isn't nearly as well written, it's unfocused, filled with a shitton sub-plots and it's just not as good because the villain's characterization and motivation falls apart halfway through the series.

Still worth watching.
>>
I consider myself slightly left of center and I found it had far too much gratuitous interracial sex. It felt unnatural and forced like they were looking for a pat on the back. But even if we ignore that hot button issue the story just doesn't go anywhere. I'm halfway through the season and it feels like most of the time is filler. Calling the filler a subplot is too generous. It's more like ADHD attention switching to shallow lesbian marriage side characters. David Tennant is good. The main actress is good. I like the ideas. It's not too boring but it doesn't have the same visceral impact of Daredevil. There's far too much irrelevant and meaningless filler and pandering.
>>
>>63050144
This, lifts Luke over her head no problem but then struggles to drag an unconscious homo into a wardrobe
>>
>>63050144
>its better than gotham for sure

Wrong m8, Gotham is the best capeshit on right npw.
>>
Damn, I am proud of this thread you guys, all good arguments so far.
>>
>>63050306
Well to be fair i only watched the first season, i dont know if it got better
>>
File: the punisha.jpg (269 KB, 909x1127) Image search: [Google]
the punisha.jpg
269 KB, 909x1127
>>63050170
Pretty much. When the show got slow, any scene with him instantly brought me back into it.
>>
>>63050306
Tru dat, Gotham season 2 just stopped giving a fuck and went full fun.
>>
It's aiite.
Not groundbreaking or even tries to be.
>>
This show was clearly made to be binge-watched. It runs out of steam about nine episodes in, after that it only really sustains you through some twists and cliffhangers, and of course Killgrave is fantastic.
Nowhere near Daredevil or Flash. Jessica needed to be developed way earlier rather than the last three episodes, compare to DD where we are introduced to young Matt straight away, his character is a lot stronger and more compelling.
DD also had a disappointing ending, but at least they maintained the stakes and had that final fight, whereas in JJ just kinda throws itself into the climax and it's over very quickly. The whole story was a lot more personal, yet didn't have the same impact as the Kingpin's power struggle and then his losing control when it all falls apart against Matt's rise to heroism. Killgrave could have had half the city against Jessica in the last bit yet it was just 20-odd people on an otherwise deserted pier. It will be interesting to see whether the show can stand on its own without Killgrave.
>>
>>63050144
>The critics saying its better than Daredevil are really reaching.

the critics saying it's good are saying it's good because it has a lot of coalburning and shits on straight white men and they approve of shows that do those things
>>
>>63050001
It's alright. Daredevil was definitely better.

Killgrave is by FAR the best part, he steals every scene he's in and is the one really interesting character.

The camera work's decent, not particularly inspired or interesting, but effective. The script's similarly servicable, though to a lesser degree.

The acting is pretty eh, Jessica herself is probably the weakest of the main cast, Killgrave is by far the most well acted.

The fight scenes are pretty fucking embarrassing though. Like, really embarrassing.
>>
>>63050371

Someway, somehow, they will revive him
>>
>>63050390
>The fight scenes are pretty fucking embarrassing though. Like, really embarrassing.

Especially compared to Daredevil
>>
>people, likely amerifats, actually consume capeshit on television as well as in their film

jesus christ
>>
I stopped watching when the cop that almost strangled Trish to death was suddenly eating her pussy in the next episode. The series is just a trashy Veronica Mars.
>>
>>63050405
I dunno, the MCU's been pretty good about keeping villains dead.

Hell, too good about it. Of the villains, like, 3 have survived.
>>
>>63050411
Practical as fuck.
https://youtu.be/B66feInucFY
>>
>>63050494
That scene was godly. Up there with the infamous hammer fight in Old Boy. The single take is awesome.
>>
>>63050327
Season 2 is significantly better than the first. They embrace the over-the-top campiness and it makes for a much more fun show.
>>
>>63050001
>Muh trauma
>Muh PTSD

Honestly Jessica acting like an angsty teenager gets old pretty fast

Also almost all of the characters are unlikable cunts.
>>
>>63050433

This is Marvels weakest spot. They don't do villains well, at all, and even if a villain does end up being great they kill them off. It's extremely short-sighted.
>>
>>63050144
are you people retarded? it's clear if she'd used her full strength she would've killed those people, or broke their limbs or some shit. she was struggling because she was holding back her strength in order to not severely harm or kill them.
>>
>>63050001
This show is absolutely dog shit.
>>
>>63050587
clearly someone's never been raped before
>>
>>63050682
At least they let Fisk live.
>>
>>63050587
>Honestly Jessica acting like an angsty teenager gets old pretty fast

This. You can complain about the kek, niggers, whatever.

For me, it's the shitty writing and unlikable character Jessica is.

Usually characters have some redeeming qualities, but after a few eps, she seems to just get more annoying.
>>
>>63050419
yeah, europe is too cool for capeshit. the billions of dollars that capeshit has made so far has all come from the US.
>>
>>63050001
>I don't want to invest in something that turns to shit
You're already this far into your life, why pretend this is a real concern of yours?
>>
File: 1447842749301.jpg (23 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
1447842749301.jpg
23 KB, 250x418
>>63050725
they should have had fisk get shot by frank when he asked if this was justice in the final episode, and frank answer 'its punishment'.

Would have instantly set up franks arival in season 2, showed without a doubt where the line between frank and DD is and why they hate each other.

But no. They screwed that chance up.
>>
>>63050782
WOW that was incredibly rude and uncalled for even by 4chan standards
>>
>>63050694
There is not a single bit of character development she has that would lead any sane person to believe she cares about holding back that much
>>
>>63050001
>tell me about this show but don't hurt my widdle feewings
>>
>>63050818
>please spoon feed me the reasons that any character does anything
>>
>>63050818
Did you read the comics? I'm assuming not.
>>
>>63050918
oh im sorry i didnt realize we were on /co/
The comic books dont fucking matter because this is the tv show, yeah its an adaptation but just because something happens in the comics does not mean it automatically is present in a television adaptation.
>>
>>63050587
>Also almost all of the characters are unlikable cunts.

This

The lawyer, her ex, the druggie, the twins, the crying girl who killed her parents, edgy cop, BBC man they all sucked.

The only character besides Killgrave I liked was her hot friend.
>>
>>63050694
My favorite part was when the girl twin knocked her the fuck out with a piece of wood. If you can get beat by a retard girl you are a shitty hero.
>>
>>63050050
this to be honest family
>>
>>63050001
It was astoundingly mediocre

They somehow found a way to make Luke Cage boring

And I know you say no /pol/ shit but the whole "so progressive" stance of the show became really fucking distracting when it was shoehorned in at every possible opportunity
>>
>>63050717
Was it rape, she never said no?
>>
>>63051110

Once I noticed it, the whole "no heterosexual or same-race relationship was presented in a positive light" thing was really, really glaring.

And it legit took me out of the last few episodes.
>>
>>63050390
>Killgrave is by FAR the best part, he steals every scene he's in and is the one really interesting character.

Fuck you Trish is great too

Nobody else is though
>>
>>63051138
If a dude gagged you, and buttfucked you would it be rape; you didn't say no right?
Stfu faggot.
>>
>>63050717
I was under the impression Jessica wasn't anywhere near as upset about the rapes as she was about the murder she was forced to commit
>>
>>63051193
>Trish is great too
No, she isn't
>>
>>63051201
If it would be Kilgrave. Fuck this, I'm in.
>>
>>63051182
Also literally every white guy is villainous, gay, or a literal manbaby, except for Hope's father who is ridiculed for attempting to keep someone safe, and killed off in the first episode
>>
>>63051226
Sorry, I made that post with my penis
>>
>>63050405

in the comics when he boosts his abilities he also gets a healing factor and he comes back after they think they killed him, so its not without precedent for his power set
>>
>>63051299

It really is incredibly distracting. Not that we need great white role models or anything, but damn. It's comes off as some weird cross between a comic book and a Spike Lee speech.
>>
>>63051201
Butts aren't made for Penis's and vaginas are, so your argument is discarded.
>>
>>63050050
This this. Grwat way of explaining it. I was saying this should have been ten eps earlier today. The last 3 are a drag.
>>
>>63051182

Hope's parents were good people and Kilgrave's parents literally didn't do anything wrong and were just trying to cure their son

and you also have the lesbian relationships depicted in a negative bitchy back stabbing light
>>
>>63051365
The black chick's husband that attacked Luke Cage was white too I think.

Top kek
>>
Finished it a little bit ago. It was really weak. Tennant was the only interesting thing, besides some good performances from Moss and a couple others. But even his jobbing was shitty.

Awful writing throughout.

Why did Jeri's lover showing up at exes house at exactly the right time? She rattled off some excuse but narratively it was a huge stretch just to get her there.

Everyone in the cast being at kilgrave's cell, similarly. Just clunky and poorly directed.

And yeah, nothing productive or admisable could have come of that. I know Jeri said so, and Jessica growled who cares or something but it's true. It was stupid.

The sister following Malcolm to the meeting and somehow knowing everyone's name and rallying them against Jessica. She doesn't freak out about Malcolm's admission of her brothers murder or even think to go to police. Somehow knows about kilgrave and just buys that this mystery villain was behind it, but also fuck Jessica Jones.

And she's the one to knock Jessica out with a 2x4 because uh, the narrative called for it.
>>
>>63050144
The shotgun couldn't break his skin, but fucking FORCE of the blast could still effect his insides you fucking retard.
Think of a kevlar vest, when you're shot while wearing one you still feel the force of it. He was shot at an upwards angle from the jaw, of course it almost killed him you stupid piece of shit.
>>
>>63050800
Is the autist who plays Fisk an expensive celebrity?
>>
>>63051510
Kilgrave's mom showing up at the meetings was fucking stupid and convenient. His parents being around at all. And his working with his Dad toward the end was deflating narrative momentum.

The recollection of kilgrave being happy w Jessica for 18 seconds. Forgetting she tried to kill herself?

No broken necks from anyone when the entire group hangs themselves. I guess the writers think they're supposed to suffocate?

Cops don't notice rope burns on every witness afterwards.

Patsy, who we're always reminded is rich, drives a Hyundai.

Jessica runs into traffic and gets hit "He didn't even stop! Humanity sucks and don't deserve saving." Just indicative of the dour, sarcastic tone throughout. I get that's her characterization, PTSD and all, but it's really off-putting after a while.

Simpson all amped up can't get through a bathroom door. When people do go through walls, often, it's way too clear they're thin prop walls.

Jessica clearly could have just let Simpson kill Kilgrave from the beginning saving many lives. I know, muh projection on Hope, but it's true. Hope died, Kilgrave too. Simpson could have saved lives by ending it earlier.

Simpson literally tells her about the blue pills. When Patsy's down, Jess doesn't try to locate them. Yeah he threw em out the window or something but maybe Jessica can use her superpowers to jump down there real fast and get em.
>>
I found the writing, characters (besides Luke), and dialogue to be bottom of the barrel god fucking awful. Like another anon said, the biggest problem is that Jessica is extremely unlikeable and she comes across as a smarmy, spoiled teenager. Plus, it just doesn't feel like capeshit. I thought it sucked through and through. The best thing to come out of it is watching SJWs and and /pol/tards alike trying to take shit away from it that just isn't there.
>>
>>63050001
>no /pol/ tier posts in this thread, please.

should maybe go on /co/ to see actual discussion. you wont find any here.
>>
>>63051534
Luke- "Do i need to know what happened here?" Getting back to JJ's apartment after Simpson stuff Jessica-"NO!"
But... he does. Especially after the " I'm so sorry for not being trustworthy."

Patsy has important news! People are dying left and right! But Luke's cute, go do your thing girl lmao, nm.

Luke struggling to punch through or maim a car door as if he was a normal human.

Why risk Patsy with that meaningless ruse at the end? For what purpose? Fooled ya, it's not Jessica. "Shoot her." But no, because? There was no need for Patsy to sacrifice herself like that for momentary hide and seek.

"They say everybody's born a hero..." No, they don't. That's not a thing, but writers just thought it sounded nice.

Abysmal writing, and it had lots of potential. It was interesting for a couple episodes about a third of the way in. The playing house stuff, and potential reformation of Kilgrave was interesting.
>>
>>63050371

good points
>>
>>63051409
Kilgrave's parents also conducted experiments on other people's children without consent, or did you forget that part?
>>
>>63050001
Not really.

It's a lot like Walking Dead. It starts out strong, then de-evolves into a joyless mess, and the only reason to stick with it is because of one character (Kilgrave/Daryl) and because you've put time into it already and want to see it through to the end.

The white male characters are all evil or pathetic. Almost none of the characters are likable. Everyone is weird, hateful, and nasty. When they tease a "redemption" for an evil rapist because "he just didn't know any better", it's equal parts absurd and frustrating on many levels. Largely because he's the only good character, and thus you want him to be redeemed. Plus you have Luke Cage, one of the most badass heroes in comics, doing nothing at all but playing the role of fuck-buddy for the shock value.

The plotting is good. Tennant is great, even if he is just playing an evil version of the Tenth Doctor. Simpson was a decent character, but they ruin him on purpose.

Really, JJ is a primer on how not to do craft a progressive message in media. Where as Roddenberry, Whedon, and Russell T. Davies all had uplifting messages to tell, there is nothing uplifting here. Those other guys tried to enlighten their audiences. JJ's writers are hatefully screaming at theirs.
>>
>>63051566
>Why risk Patsy with that meaningless ruse at the end? For what purpose? Fooled ya, it's not Jessica. "Shoot her." But no, because? There was no need for Patsy to sacrifice herself like that for momentary hide and seek.

That got to me too.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1024x683
>>63050001
Burned through a couple episodes just now. It's neat, feels like an organic part of the MCU, like Daredevil did.

Might piss you off with the lesbians and the black dude, but yeah.

Also, Patsy Walker's literally discount Rosamund Pike.
>>
>>63051524
Relatively.

He was in Full Metal Jacket and Jurassic World, so even if he's not in much he's in high profile stuff.
>>
>>63050001
Yeah, it's pretty good tbqh senpai
9/10
>>
>>63052599
>Also, Patsy Walker's literally discount Rosamund Pike.

I thought the same, but she's still sexy and a talented actress.
>>
>>63052694
Never said she wasn't.
>>
File: Kilgrave.jpg (122 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Kilgrave.jpg
122 KB, 600x400
Admit it: if you were him you'd do the same damn thing.
>>
>>63052737

Never said that you said that she wasn't.
>>
>>63052756
Killgrave did nothing wrong

JESSICA JONES IS GOAT TELEVISION!
>>
Why did you start the thread with "no /pol/ pls"?

Does this show have ANOTHER white woman black man pairing or something?
>>
File: Susie-Abromeit-1640605.jpg (545 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
Susie-Abromeit-1640605.jpg
545 KB, 1000x1250
Quality Character and Performance Rankings

1. Kilgrave
2. Patsy Walker
3. Jeri
4. Luke
5. Simpson
6. Calamity Jane
7. Jessica

honorable mention to Jeri's jumpoff
>>
It's 5/10 at best. Really terrible acting and writing. Only good thing is Luke Cage.
>>
I'm really having a tough time getting through it. Ritter doesn't have a good voice for narration. Her character is a constantly unpleasant, insufferable bitch.

The writing seems to have an axe to grind with males, which I kinda expected going in, but it also seems to have contempt for women as well.

I guess my biggest problem is that she's just so constantly unlikable. Comparing it to Daredevil I find a strange reflection of gender roles in society today. While Daredevil is a heroic, charming and likable person, JJ is an ugly, hostile, contemptuous bitch. Daredevil is a consummate, self sacrificing, dedicated professional while JJ is a slovenly, unprofessional hack. I know I shouldn't be comparing the two shows but I can't help it.

I'll tell you, I just spent the best weekend of my life with an Iranian girl who truly opened my eyes to how bad things are with American women. This show is a good reflection of that problem. JJ is a poster child for the modern American woman. Worst of all I'll probably tough this show out until the end just because it's a PI story, and they rarely get made these days. I've read some raving reviews, but I think this show is receiving undue praise because it pushes a social agenda (feminists see it as a triumph) and not because of the actual quality of its content.
>>
Another thing that pisses me off about this show is the central premise.

Basically in other shows, like Daredevil, evil is something evil. In this show it's men who are evil. It's clearly implied that men are the cause of all the evil in the world, and that women are just innocent victims.
>>
>>63052939
>ugly, hostile, contemptuous bitch

That's the target audience.
>>
>>63052756
I'd pursue my dream of being a director.

Though, having complete creative control can fuck a movie over. Remember the Prequels?

Still, if you think about it, literally no one could out you for having powers if you played your cards right. They'd all just think whoever worked on the project was crazy.
>>
>>63052923
>Only good thing is Luke Cage.

He was really cool, I liked his characterization, performance, powers. I do hope they give him more attributes than just "noble, heroic, etc," in his solo series. It's as if writers go to that with black characters by default, afraid to add any flaws. In the comics, and i've only read a few with him, he seemed brash and full of himself, in a funny way.
>>
>>63052956

Even the fucking idea that there is a man who tells people what to do is an attack on the male gender.

It flirts with the idea of "regret rape." The idea that a woman sleeps with a guy, and then the next day she regrets her actions so she claims he raped her.

The Purple Man is exactly this sort of character. He's some awful monster who makes women do things against their will, when in reality they really want to do these things but just won't admit it.

Fuck this show. Pure SJW agenda. It's no surprise that it's produced by a woman, written by women, and features subjects like lesbianism.
>>
>>63052939

i'm not sexist, i don't care about SJW/gamergate bullshit, but yea, you are right. It's refreshing for women to see a bitchy, sarcastic over-it hero. That in itself has led to a lot of glowing reviews. She does reflect modern women in that way.
>>
File: 1448449518057.jpg (475 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448449518057.jpg
475 KB, 1280x720
PTSD is an annoying plot point when you don't really care about what happened to the character. I mean fuck.
>>
>>63050050
yeah exactly that. but it's still worth it
>>
The black bartender is the male equivalent of a big breasted bimbo, and she uses him and treats him like a sexual object.

Exactly the sort of thing that SJWs are complaining about when men do it to women. Double standards and all.

If a male character did such a thing there would be outrage and calls to cancel the show.
>>
>>63053006

Yeah, she reflects modern American women in that she's ugly, hostile, unpleasant to be around, slovenly, unprofessional, entitled and a constant misery.

What a wonderful human being.
>>
>>63053009
>>63052939

these themes could have been put to better use in an original series

where Daredevil was teeming with love for the comics, easter eggs, heroism, world building, JJ felt pretty insular or myopic. The PTSD/Rape stuff coming first, with very little regard for the larger Marvel Universe. Yeah, i'm a bit of a fanboy, but put Luke in a yellow T, hint at Hellcat, something.
>>
>>63053031

It's empowering.
>>
>>63053009

>PTSD

I know that rape is a truly horrendous thing, I would not diminish this fact, but for to have such intense PTSD is ridiculous.

I've heard horror stories from veterans who told me things like they saw their buddy get half his head blown off, but he kept talking for at least 5 minutes before he died.

That stuff causes PTSD. This is more special snowflake bullshit. Men get raped every day in prison and nobody gives a fuck. Shit, it's a source of comedy.
>>
>>63050144
daredevil was a chore to get through
>>
>>63053074

I like it because the obvious hypocrisy with just lead to more women getting burned by misogynist men.

>>63050144

>The critics saying its better than Daredevi

Haven't seen a single critic say this.
>>
Starts off good, most of the side characters stories and garbage acting(especially from Malcolm) drag it down for most of the season though.

What disappointed me was how fucking weak the fight between Luke and Jessica was, it felt so restrained, no physicality at all. Also Kilgrave is 80% of what made the show watchable
>>
>>63053115
>>The critics saying its better than Daredevi
>Haven't seen a single critic say this.

It is the consensus senpai. Not that anon, but I do follow a ton of entertainment/media blogs and its become rote to see many of them make this claim.
>>
>>63053087
>>63053009
I'm pretty sure the PTSD was more related to her punching a woman so hard in the chest she died.
>>
>>63051409
>extracting cerebral shit from their son with no anesthesia and nothing but holding him down as he screams in pain
>literally didn't do anything wrong

Doubt they even told the kid he had an illness and they were working on a cure
>>
>>63053180

Again, haven't seen a single source make this claim and I've read a lot of reviews.

>>63053194

Also lame.
>>
>>63050001
Is pretty good. Good villain, strong enough supporting cast, is shot pretty well and all, Luke's cool too. Gimme a Red was the shit.

Jessica was kind of stupid, but that was mostly in order to stretch things out I think. Some minor characters, the lawyer's ex, and the crazy woman upstairs were cringy as shit, as was the dialogue sometimes.
Fight scenes are complete and utter rubbish.

7,5/10 overall.
>>
>>63053115
>Haven't seen a single critic say this.

Review: Jessica Jones is the darkest, most powerful show Marvel has ever made
http://www.vox.com/2015/11/22/9777188/jessica-jones-review

Review: 'Jessica Jones' Is The Best Show On TV
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2015/11/21/review-jessica-jones-is-the-best-show-on-tv/

Jessica Jones isn't just Marvel's best TV show. It's better than every Marvel movie, too.
http://theweek.com/articles/589951/jessica-jones-isnt-just-marvels-best-tv-show-better-than-every-marvel-movie

Netflix's 'Jessica Jones' darkest, best Marvel production yet
http://www.statepress.com/article/2015/11/jessica-jones-netflix-review

5 Reasons Why Jessica Jones is Better Than Daredevil
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3651871
>>
>>63053239
>Again, haven't seen a single source make this claim and I've read a lot of reviews.

k

>>63053275
>>
File: 1443975308105.png (353 KB, 495x441) Image search: [Google]
1443975308105.png
353 KB, 495x441
>>63053064
It's not just you

I enjoyed Daredevil more because it had more heart. Matt established himself as likable even though he did do some questionable shit his friend was kind of funny and even the office girl was cool. While Jessica just flounders around like an asshole and then the PTSD bullshit annoys me because I don't care about her having it, I don't care about how it happened.

The fight scenes are disappointing, for someone that's supposed to be unhinged she sure holds back a lot. In comparison with Matt who doesn't hold back at all.

I think this has to do with not reading any of the comics, but I feel an adaptation should always stand on it's own no matter what. If I have to read outside material to care about what Kilgrave did to her in the past, then it failed already.

The lesbian side story is pretty cringeworthy as well, who thought of including that shit?

But really, I guess I just wanted more fights like Dare Devil.
>>
>>63053275

>Vox
>TheWeek
>LOL FORBES
>Literally who?

You seem kinda triggered lady. Perhaps you should go back to Tumblr.
>>
>>63052939

>I've read some raving reviews, but I think this show is receiving undue praise because it pushes a social agenda (feminists see it as a triumph) and not because of the actual quality of its content.

100% accurate.
>>
>>63053535
>Haven't seen a single critic...

>Heres some

>uhh Tumblr
>>
>>63053637

>Got so triggered that she ran to the internet looking for reviews.

/tumblr/

See also >>63053551

And cry about it now that you've been triggered so hard. This is not your safe space.
>>
the next person using any of these words are getting banned:

trigger / triggered
tumblr
>>
Stop shilling this fucking garbage

Stop watching this fucking garbage

If you enjoy this fucking garbage you shouldn't be here
>>
>>63050717
I knew a few "rape victims" and no it isn't muh trauma muh ptsd because contrary to popular belief going through fucked up shit makes you stronger rather than a massive whiney self pity pussy
>>
So you like long, thick, veiny, rock hard, throbbing nigger cock tearing up cute little white girl pussy?

Then boy have you found the right show.
>>
Weaker than Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD but better than Agent Carter which is downright fucking boring.
>>
>>63053686

Ma'am. This is not your safe space. You are clearly triggered. Please return to tumblr immediately where you can be around your own kind.
>>
>>63050587

>Also almost all of the characters are unlikable cunts.

This so much.

But hey, at least Carrie Anne Moss is finally playing a dyke. It's the role she was born to play.
>>
>>63050001
I was looking forward to it but the directing in episode 1 was utter shit.

Does it get better?

Also, why is capeshit so fucking cursed. Why can't it get good writing and directing at the same time?
>>
>>63053898
The problem with JJ is that it has neither.

And it's not even the "it's bad but it's entertaining" type like other capeshit is either.
>>
>>63053670
The people posting sources were also all saying the sources are dumb/wrong or otherwise agreeing DD is better.

Who's the real one triggered here, senpai?
>>
>>63053732
Reddit pls, stop the act
>>
After a boring first episode I got into JJ. It's good - it's even less comic-book like than Daredevil, and that was pretty restrained.

I am really enjoying these downbeat, low rent Marvel netflix shows. I could watch them all day long. The occasional reference to aliens invading and "the green guy" are really jarring, since JJ barely has any superpowers and it's generally as grounded as any police procedural.

what i really liked about JJ is how dangerous Killgrave is, so this bumbling group of C-list failed superheroes have to play a kind of weird chess game to put him in check without ever coming into contact with him. The show does a really good job of building him up, at least at first.
>>
>>63053898
You don't like it because you're a pretentious asshole. stick to your "cinema".
>>
>>63055510
>if you care about direction in a visual medium you are pretentious
you don't belong here family
>>
File: 123413598135.jpg (89 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
123413598135.jpg
89 KB, 400x399
Why didn't they just wear earplugs?

There's no way around this question.
>>
After being on this board I cant fucking unsee the /pol/ shit.

Of the two main characters that are white and male, one is an autistic psychopath and the other is a complete retard who likes to be dominated in bed.
>>
>>63050001

1-4 ep is ok. 5-9 good, 10-13 shit.

Overall its decent and is worth it imo.
>>
Don't want to get all pretentious, but I think it was Ebert that said it's not what a film is about, it's how it's about it. Here I feel the critics are praising so much because it is a story about a flawed but independent women fighting back against her oppressor. However the show doesn't really follow through with that story at all on an emotional level. Yet the critics only look at what's on paper.
I remember the feeling when they finally caught Fisk in DD, and then when Matt punched the shit out of him finally, it was fucking satisfying. You really feel for Matt in that moment. Contrast to the end of JJ, there's relief cause the bastard's gone, but nothing more.
>>
I don't get the people complaining that she isn't likable. Protagonists don't have to be.

I think she's more than compelling, if any of you got your shit as fucked up as she did by purpleman, you'd be surprised how unlikable most people would see you after that as you tried to hold it together.
>>
It's okay. Solid 6/10. Same problem as daredevil, halfway through they go full batshit with the villains and the quality drops like a rock. But it's worth a watch.
>>
>>63050144

I still think it's better than Daredevil.

Both series started well and got stupid in the end, but JJ got a little bit less stupid. Daredevil hit it's peak with the whole Russians arc and it was all downhill from there. JJ really only got overly dumb and repetitive when they dragged it out after episode 10. JJ also had better overall performances and B plots. Kilgrave and lesbian lawyer Trinity were better than everyone in Daredevil put together.
>>
>>63055767
I haven't seen it (I came here to get a vibe about the show to see if I'd be interested in watching it), but fucking this. Having to have a character be likable by you personally for you to think they're a good, well-written character is one of the most plebian fucking things you could complain about.
>>
>>63050001

All interracial kekold porn aside

It still isnt amazing, watch it if you have nothing better to do
>>
>>63056023
Idk about those guys you quoted senpai, but for me it's less she's an unlikable character and more the way Ritter plays her, for me. She leans very far into the angry and sarcastic side of JJ and is very good at that, but she doesn't sell the PTSD/trauma victim for me at all. There are brief flashes where I believe she's vulnerable, but for the most part she just comes off as a bitch, an entertaining one I like to watch, yeah, but just a bitch. It's a mix of her and the writing, and she's the weakest part of the main cast. That isn't to say she's terrible, just everyone is that much better at selling their characters.

It's a good show. It has its weaknesses and of the two Marvel Netflix shows I'd say DD is still much stronger overall.

Fucking blows my mind the woman behind fucking Birds of Prey could actually make something decent.
>>
JJ is like a grim and edgy version of kimmy schmidt tho
>>
worst ending ever, whole show is kinda shit but it's okay if you don't have anything better to do with your time.
>>
Capeshit, Cμck fetishism and that clown from nu-Who.
Sounds really bad.
>>
File: K9Ua8Tm.jpg (231 KB, 964x1490) Image search: [Google]
K9Ua8Tm.jpg
231 KB, 964x1490
Was amusing to see brief references in the dialogue to pic related.
>>
>>63050144
Invulnerable skin does not equal an invulnerable brain. A concussive force from a shotgun point blank under the chin is going to cause some internal trauma to the brain. That's why the nurse went through the eye to get the spinal fluid out. Skin is tough, rest of him not so much. Same thing has happened to Wolverine where he got knocked unconscious due to the brain bring knocked around a metal skull.
>>
>>63052903
CLAMITY JANE

I had no idea that was her until I looked up the cast listing.
>>
>>63050001

Honestly the BLACKED stuff is the only reason to watch it. I find her hot as hell and seeing her get slammed by a Bull was good fap material.
>>
>>63056868
>I find her hot as hell

I always feel like I should, because she has fairly aesthetic features (and a surprisingly prominent ass for such a slight girl) and dark hair/pale skin is my jam. But she sort of looks like a sad cartoon duck. All the time, I'm just thinking, Aw, don't be sad, Cartoon Duck. It's bad for boners.
>>
>>63050001
Its worth watching simply for tennant.
>>
>>63055681
Because they didn't know how Kilgrave's powers worked, the closest they came to that was finding a hermetically sealed, soundproofed CDC containment vault

Earplugs aren't going to be much use if you aren't 100% sure it is ONLY sound based
>>
>>63050306
I dropped gotham after s2ep1 when I saw terrible "joker" acting, I almost threw up. does it get any better?
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.