[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so bad? For all intensive purposes it should have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 636x941) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 636x941
Why is this so bad? For all intensive purposes it should have been great.
>>
File: 59275531.jpg (73 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
59275531.jpg
73 KB, 500x375
>>63046826
>For all intensive purposes
Can't tell if deliberate troll or actual spelling error.
>>
it got great reviews. sounds like you're retarded as fuck.
>>
>>63046863
it's deliberate
>>
>>63046826
American Hustle was a travesty of bloated egos, and nearly everybody involved is guilty of this: David O. Russell who thinks authenticity means the gaudiest costumes imaginable with every iconic song from the 70s shoehorned in. Christian Bale who thinks imitating Robert DeNiro is the fast track to a "standout performance". Jennifer Lawrence who phones it in and doesn't even try to stay with her "accent" because she knows everyone's just gonna kiss her ass regardless. Bradley Cooper who thinks he can steal every scene he's in by acting unstable in the most "stagey" way possible. The only people exempt are Renner and Adams, who don't exactly underperform, though it's still nothing worth writing home about.

That's exactly what this movie is, though: Nothing to write home about.
>Some of this stuff really happened
And did anybody even care back then? Give me a break, Russell. You are not Ridley, you are not Woody, and you're not Marty. Stop trying so fucking hard to artificially have a "vision". Stick with what you know.
>>
>>63046909
Amen. Well said my man.
>>
wtf is wrong with her ? srly
>>
>>63046826
I actually feel a little bit for Amy Adams with the whole bullshit surrounding this film. Not only did she put in the best performance behind the only semi-interesting character, but she was paid the least out of all the cast despite having the 2nd or 3rd most screen-time.

Yet the media decides to overlook this genuine hang-up and piss its pants over J-Law getting a measly $20million for 20 minutes of phoning it in. A million a minute to keep slipping accents. Call the fucking police.
>>
>>63047604
*as the only semi-interesting character
>>
The movie is about conmen, then surprise surpise David O tries to trick the audience into thinking the movie is good, but he fails
>>
>>63046826

>intensive purposes

FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES!

Why are you so bad at knowing how to speak English?!
>>
>>63047593
LIVE AND LET DIIIIIIIEEEEEEE
>also that scene near the end where a character who was in the background for three seconds was the linchpin in their last con
Jesus Christ
>>
>>63047593
nothing, that's a great body. she just looked bad in mystique make up.
>>
File: 1433220350207.jpg (112 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1433220350207.jpg
112 KB, 640x640
>>63046826
>For all intensive purposes

Ricky go home you're drunk.
>>
>>63047852
It's an ok body. Get over yourself
>>
>>63046826
I honestly can't remember any important plot point or scene from this.

The movie as a whole is just so forgettable, the Oscars nominations baffle me
>>
>>63046863
>this is how language evolves
>>
>>63047710

heh, yeah, people who can't communicate in english well on 4chan are a diamond dozen
>>
>>63046869
>blindly trusting critics
You're an idiot.
>>
It's a diamond dozen, you need to appreciate just the fact that it exists considering the dogging dog world of Hollywood
>>
the movie was the hustle
>>
>>63046826
>>63048526
>>63050080
>>
>>63046826
Lewis Szekely is in it. He ruins everything he's in.
>>
>>63046826
Come on, you got to admit the soundtrack is fucking goat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qYalWMLigY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15OIS443rBQ
>>
>>63050436
It felt too obvious. Every song was some giant 70s hit that everyone has heard millions of times.
>>
>>63046826
It is by no means bad, anon. I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake, and American Hustle embodies this perfectly.

The film is an exploration of how we often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, and it exposes your shallow criticism - you seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can to see the value in this film, because it is a doggy dog world out there.

Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to film. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.
>>
I thought it was pretty good, desu. I ended up feeling really bad for Jeremy Renner's character. He came across as a genuinely nice guy with good intentions.
>>
>>63050575
MOAR MOAR MOAR
>>
>>63050575
>doubles advocate

You know who's a doubles advocate? I AM
>>
>>63050819
>>
>Fat balding man somehow marry a hot chick
>He has a crazy plan to become rich
>Shenanigans
It was like a Simpsons episode
>>
File: 1410051246491.jpg (97 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1410051246491.jpg
97 KB, 1920x1080
>>63050819
>>63050869
>mfw a couple of low-life hotheads try to get doubles and fail
My repeating digits say this is now a BANE? thread
>>
It was okay. A lot of people love to shit on Bale for acting like De Niro in this movie but I really liked his performance. Amy Adams also did a good job. The worst performance was by far Jennifer Lawrence's. Her overacting was cringe inducing, I have no idea why so many people think she's a great actor.
>>
>>63046826
Not a single likable character except Renner's and the others spent the entire film trying to fuck him over.
>>
Why did this flick receive such outstanding critical acclaim? It was a gaudy as hell Scorsese knockoff that didn't feature any knockout performances. Bale, Adams and Renner were solid but not Oscar worthy and everyone else tried way too fucking hard.
>>
>>63046826
I actually liked it quite a bit.
>>
this turd is real high on my overrated list..

Gravity
American Hustle
L.A Confidential
Aliens
Star Trek: Into Darkness
Silver Linings Playbook
The Matrix
Kagemusha
Pulp Fiction
The Dark Knight Rises
Citizen Kane

first dozen or so that come to mind. Russell is a hack and you'll notice that with only 1 real definitive exception all the movies i listed were by hacks.

too many flicks disguised as movies or even films. not enough original ideas or inspiration, too much cut and paste.. but most of them are technically well made. extremely so on a few.
>>
>>63051629
>only 1 real definitive exception all the movies i listed were by hacks.
Welles and Kurosawa are both definitive exceptions. Also, Cameron is overrated and hasn't made a good film in a long time but I wouldn't call him a hack.
>>
>>63046826

When I saw it in the theater about a third of the audience walked out after a half-hour, and pretty much the rest of the audience groaned and complained the rest of the movie.

I only stayed because of Amy Adam's neckline.
>>
>>63052369
Yeah whoever duct-taped Amy into those outfits is the real winner here. Couldn't take my eyes off her.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.