[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
more like this? kinda low key explorations of lofty ideas like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: url.jpg (7 KB, 171x253) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7 KB, 171x253
more like this? kinda low key explorations of lofty ideas like philosophy theology art and imagination?

OR: just more dream movies
OR: just more talky movies like this (though ive seen all the obvious ones like linklater and jarmusch and my dinner with andre..
>>
File: sel-beyondblackrainbow-splsh.jpg (27 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
sel-beyondblackrainbow-splsh.jpg
27 KB, 500x250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztaZo-qsrTE
>>
>>63046836
not really what im looking for but thats a fantastic movie man
thanks anyhow
>>
I watched this on shrooms and it fucked my shit up.
>>
>>63046789
Enter The Void.
>>
>>63046789
>there are people on /tv/ who unironically like this shitty flick
That speech about how there is more difference between the great philosophers and ordinary men than there is between ordinary men and apes is possibly the single most fedora thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>63046908
d-do you recommend it?even if Ive seen it before?
>>
i watched this at age 15 and thought it was brilliant and life changing.

i watched this a 25 and i couldn't help but cringe at my younger self. i'm almost 30 now, so maybe i'll give it another shot.
>>
>>63046952
On shrooms?
>>
Linklater's whole schtick is a synthesis of Rohmer, Godard, Rivette and My Dinner With Andre so try those films I guess.
>>
>>63046875
how is that not what you're looking for again? its a dream film about philosophy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahLiLj79uxM
>>
>>63047044
you probably watched it wrong both times. it's a guy dreaming. it presents thoughts and ideas
none of which the film is trying to tell you are. 'true' or even smart. many conflicting

the cast wrote their speeches mostly themselves. the idea is to create the sense of traversing a dream state where you encounter all these disparate voices, some smart, some stupid. it's not meant to be 'knowledge' or a 'philosphical' film itself, its about the beauty in these disparate ideas
>>
>>63046942
Maybe not philosophers but scientists surely have more IQ than average people compared to apes.
>>
>>63047137
interesting. thanks for the insight.
>>
liked it, the movie has shit taste in philosophy though
>Sartre
>>
>>63047615
yeah but the guy actually taught sartre

plus thats not the only philosophy the movie runs with
>>
>>63047667
well yeah
>>
>>63047282
Philosophers actually have a higher IQ than your average scientist, right up there with the mathematicians and theoretical physicians. Most scientists are plebeians compared to philosophers.
>>
>>63048440
>>>/lit/
>>
>>63048440
depends on the type of scientist

critical thinkers are basically practical philosophers

but most scientists are stemlords who sat around school long enough to have their brains beat into calculators
>>
>>63048440
kek

Philosophers actually believe this. I took a logic course a few semesters ago and during one class my professor flew off on a tangent about why physicists (specifically Lawrence Krauss) are unqualified to answer questions such as "why is there something rather than nothing?"
>>
>>63048440
>implying philosophers actually know anything or have anything useful to contribute to society
>implying they don't just keep trying explain what happened in the past while the world moved on
>implying society hasn't moved on from philosophy
>implying philosophers don't just pretend they're as smart as their favorite philosophers and spending years reading Plato unlocks the universe's mysteries and makes their IQ go up.
>>
>>63049083
you're a fucking moron who doesn't know what philosophy is
>>
>>63048861
Good for him, he knows his philosophy.
>>
>>63049121
If you want to pretend that you have more than a dilettante's knowledge of philosophy then at least go to the right board.
>>>/lit/
>>
>>63046921
Watching this now.
>>
>>63049217
Enjoy the craziness.
>>
>>63046789
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB4xlYKAVCQ&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjB4xlYKAVCQ&has_verified=1
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.