[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For someone who hasn't watched any of the other Star wars,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Ep4_OST.png (881 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Ep4_OST.png
881 KB, 900x900
For someone who hasn't watched any of the other Star wars, what order should you watch them in to understand the full story before watching the new one?
>>
Watch the first trilogy, and skip the prequels entirely. I envy you.
>>
4, 5, 6, 3, 7.

Enjoy AND DON'T BELIEVE /TV/'S LIES!
>>
4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9

literally no other choice
>>
You don't

>star wars 4
George Lucas is the master of oversimplification. All the characters in Star Wars are terribly black and white and not a single one even remotely leans towards the second dimension. The cheap trick to use plain text as exposition for the upcoming events is a slap in the face of cinema. The entire purpose of film is to convey stories through dialogue and images.Lucas doesn't get that.His writing skills are pre-school.
>star wars 5
The most over rated movie of all time. Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out. You can find these geek posers at your local comic cons repeating everything plinkett says wearing there han shot first shirt thinking they sound like they know what there talking about, but take it from me these movies are on par with bollywood scifi shit dont waste your time.
>star wars 6
Let's see, for an adventure, the pacing is mostly off, with lots of periods where nothing happens, and even the action scenes are nothing special. The plot also seems fairly contrived. Say, since this is the final battle between good and evil and all that, the emperor's preparations seem fairly rushed. You'd expect more care to have been taken in keeping that shield intact, for example. Also, since his grand scheme is to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the force, isn't he trying to kill him too soon after Luke offers some resistance?
>>
release order

always
>>
>>63045228
OP THIS IS A COPYPASTA
>OP THIS IS A COPYPASTA

OP THIS IS A COPYPASTA
>OP THIS IS A COPYPASTA

OP THIS IS A COPYPASTA
>OP THIS IS A COPYPASTA
>>
1,4,2,5,3,6 patrician order
>>
>>63045345
>>63045228
>>63045149
>>63045132
>>63045112
>>63045236
Are these in chronological order too?
>>
>>63045132
this is the only logical choice. I and II are easily the weakest and if they had flashbacks in III, they would not have been necessary at all
>>
>>63045228
pretty much this. thanks to this insufferable piece of shit franchise, hollywood studios threw their auteurs under the bus in favour of spectacle-laden melodramas engineered by obtuse film execs.
>>
>>63045455
It's not the chronological order, it' s the RELEASE.

This may be confusing but Episodes 4, 5 and 6 were released before 1, 2 and 3.

And 123 don't have a.. very good reputation.
>>
File: muh_bluray.jpg (38 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
muh_bluray.jpg
38 KB, 600x255
>>63045088
IV > V > IV , skip prequels

Putting them out of chronological order is retarded, it adds nothing, and I'm 99% sure it is a stupid troll meme.
>>
It fucking baffles me that there are humans on this earth that haven't seen star wars. How is it even possible to avoid them for 18+ years? They're referenced everywhere and everyone talks about them
>>
>>63045088
the prequels will be mostly ignored, you can just watch the old ones
>>
>>63046232
the only people not to have seen star wars are women and hood niggers
>>
>>63045088
IV V II III VI

Skip I, it's irrelevant.
>>
>>63046232
There are probably more people on earth who have not seen star wars, than people who have.

Remember that the majority of our population is poor shitfarmers in India, China and various African countries.

Kind of fascinating.
>>
File: 1307920884001.jpg (11 KB, 306x230) Image search: [Google]
1307920884001.jpg
11 KB, 306x230
>>63046411
>poor shitfarmers in India, China and various African countries
>people
>>
>>63046374
>Machete order

jesus christ FUCK YOU! Return of the Jedi was not made with the pretense the viewer would have seen two movies released 20 fucking years later!

The only order is Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Torrent the despecialzed editions. JJ Abrams is more or less ignoring the prequels.
>>
Order of release for everything. Movies, books, vidya... everything
>>
>>63046504
Of course it wasn't, but it sets the arc up in a way smoother way.

This is assuming you actually want to see the prequels. The optimal viewing order for a good experience is IV V VI, and fast forwarding select sections of VI.
>>
Don't fall for the popnerd meme
>>
Anons remember:

You might like the prequels and I respect that, but they might scare away OP from continuing watching Star Wars, that's why he needs to watch the Original Trilogy first.

So OP:
4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3.
>>
>>63046411
Well I was referencing the /tv/ posting demographic
>>
you have to watch 4 5 6 first otherwise you will be spoiled that darth vader is lukes father

OOPS
>>
>>63047482
Jokes on you faggot stopped reading on >spoiled
>>
IV, V, I, II, Clone Wars (2003) Volume 1, The Clone Wars (2008) Ashoka arc in season 5 then the Order 66 arc in season 6, Clone Wars (2003) Volume 2, III, VI, Shattered Empire comic, VII.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.