[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Werner Herzog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Real talk:

Aside from Grizzly Man, all his films are shite, m8.
>>
>>63044739
Herzog is the greatest hack of all time, and I do mean that literally. His hackery elevates itself into quality art.
>>
File: AREIZOO.gif (33 KB, 296x289) Image search: [Google]
AREIZOO.gif
33 KB, 296x289
THERE ARE THREE KINDS OF "HERZOG 'MOVIES'": WHAT COULD BE CALLED (A) "POSTMODERN HERZOG", WHAT COULD BE CALLED (B) "METAMODERN HERZOG", AND WHAT COULD BE CALLED (C) "DOCUMENTARY HERZOG".

EXAMPLES OF (A) "POSTMODERN HERZOG":

— "FITZCARRALDO".

— "AGUIRRE, THE WRATH OF GOD".

— "STROSZEK".

EXAMPLES OF (B) "METAMODERN HERZOG":

— "MY SON, MY SON, WHAT HAVE YE DONE".

— "BAD LIEUTENANT: PORT OF CALL NEW ORLEANS".

— "RESCUE DAWN".

EXAMPLES OF (C) "DOCUMENTARY HERZOG":

— "WHEEL OF TIME".

— "CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS".

— "ENCOUNTERS AT THE END OF THE WORLD".
>>
>>63044739
>grizzly man
>good
The pretentious avant-guarde coroner and the fact that he kept the public from seeing that crazy fuck die was fucking stupid.
>>
>>63044739
Rescue Dawn was a good flick.
>>
>>63046318
>r and the fact that he kept the public from seeing that crazy fuck die was fucking stupid.
>seeing

it was just audio m8, the screen was black the whole time
>>
>>63044739
His only good movie is Encounters at the End of the World

You cannot dispute this
>>
File: 00s culture.png (423 KB, 1260x667) Image search: [Google]
00s culture.png
423 KB, 1260x667
just watched Aguirre today. can confirm the OP a shit
>>
>>63046369
Where's the audio senpai
>>
>>63044739
>Aguirre
>shit
>>
You are shite
>>
>>63046434

in a safe-dposit box owned by the friend of Treadwell
>>
>>63044739

They are not shite but ok at best.

His documentaries are where the good stuff is.
>>
>/tv/ doesn't like Herzog

Why is this board such shit? Even reddit has better taste
>>
>>63046345
Good cinema.*
>>
>>63046369
>at first they say that the lenscap was left on
>then they say a hat was on the camera
Bullshit. That guy had a decade of film experience.
>>
>>63046396
Best one I've seen, for sure.
>>
>>63046484

it was the middle of the night and he had a consumer-grade camcorder from the early 2000's, do you really think you could see anything on that footage?
>>
>>63044739
>all his films are shite
nigger, how many of his films have you even seen? i'm a huge fan and i can say there are dozens i haven't.
>>
>>63046471
Because he's entry level and middlebrow. Like Tarkovsky's poorer cousin. Or Malick's German counterpart.
>>
>>63046261

Based Koz doing his part. You're a legend, man.
>>
>>63046564
>muh critical buzzwords and labels

Elaborate you retard
>>
>>63046564
those 3 are not comparable at all. would you say cinema is one of your primary interests?
>>
Bad lieutenant: Port of call
New Orleans is amazing bro. Nic cage was born for that role
>>
>>63046261
Cave of Forgotten Dreams really was incredible.
>>
Anyone that thinks Herzog is bad, considering what kind of shit we get, is simply a fucking reddit idiot trying to fit by being cotrarian because they heard that's what the cool kids are doing.

That's all there is to it. Fucking end yourselves, next thing you'll say is Kinski was a bad actor.

Fucking plebs, if I had a wish it'd be to kill you all.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.