[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Sam Raimi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: sam_raimi.jpg (152 KB, 2048x1302) Image search: [Google]
sam_raimi.jpg
152 KB, 2048x1302
What is his style? His best film?
>>
>>63044552
You mean Beaner Joss Whedon?

>first major work was a comedy horror film
>fantasy TV show named for main character
>spinoff show also named for main character
>finally big time, Marvel capeshit
>>
>>63044552
I liked Hercules and Xena. He should stick with TV.
>>
>>63044620
>beaner
he's jewish
>>
>>63045139
>I liked Hercules and Xena.

He never worked on them, that was Rob Tapert.
>>
>>63045139

Ash vs Evil Dead episode 1 is the first time he ever directed for TV, go look it up.

>>63044552

His style is HE'S THE BOSS

>working on Quick and the Dead
>tells Gene Hackman for the following he's going to tip his hat to the guy across the street, sit in the chair and ask what the odds are on the kid
>GH: I'm not gonna do that.
>tells Gene they already have footage of the guy reacting to his hat tip and they can't just waste the footage
>Gene says he'll tip his hat but won't sit in the chair or ask about the kid
>Sam says that since his character is like the king of the town the chair is like his throne
>ok he'll tip his hat, sit in the chair but won't ask about the kid.
>oh but that scene establishes that even though he's standoffish he genuinely cares about his son and will add to his character
>GH:ok, I'll tip my hat, sit in the chair and ask about the kid.
WHO'S THE BOSS EH, WHO'S THE BOSS?!
>>
>>63044552
>One of the best horror trilogy with Evil Dead
>Multiple great tv shows
>Spider-Man 1/2 are two of best cape movies and the only ones to perfectly capture Spider-Man on screen

He's best when he has a lot of control over the project
>>
>>63045860
Huh, I assumed from the name Italian

Makes it funny how much he's shitting on the jew girl in AvED
>>
>>63046323
>Makes it funny how much he's shitting on the jew girl in AvED

He only did the first episode
>>
>>63045889
Wasn't he the producer?
>>
>>63044552
Fantastic director wish he would be nore active and direct more of ash vs ed
>>
>>63046383

Yeah but he never directed any episodes.
>>
>>63046323
Beaners are mexicans you idiot. Because they eat beans. Did you forget that?
>>
File: kevin-sorbo.jpg (36 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
kevin-sorbo.jpg
36 KB, 150x150
>In what could be described as a case of "sour grapes," former Hercules star and recent The OC guest star Kevin Sorbo had some, shall we say, choice words about his former Hercules exec. producer and Spider-Man franchise director Sam Raimi. In an interview detailed over at IESB, Sorbo accuses Raimi of, among other things, not giving him parts in any of his bigger films because he is infantile and holds a grudge against him for not wanting to do more season of Hercules.
>>
>>63046515
>wanting to play a pagan deity

HE'S SHORELY ALIVE
>>
>>63046515

>just finished listening to Bruce Campbell talking about how he first met Kevin when they went golfing in New Zealand and had a good time

Why they always gotta fuck their rep up...
>>
>>63044552
>What is his style?
three stooges meets George Romero
>His best film?
EvilDead2 and Darkman
>>
File: 1427059884953.jpg (887 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1427059884953.jpg
887 KB, 2048x1536
>>63046515
>not wanting to do more seasons of Hercules

Can you blame him? By the last season he was fighting a giant fucking chicken. Not a monster or anything, literally a chicken the size of a house.
>>
>>63046515
It's like he doesn't understand how Hollywood works. Directors rarely use the same actors over and over and over again. Sam always has Bruce do something in his films but Bruce is his best friend.
>>
>>63046718

Was he even in that episode? I think that was Autolycus and Ioalus actually.

And xena had an episode devoted solely to BO and skin diseases
>>
File: 1436808280232.gif (1 MB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
1436808280232.gif
1 MB, 300x228
>Michael Hurst has gone on to direct some of the best Raimi TV episodes
>meanwhile Kevin Sorbo was in Meet the Spartans
>>
>>63046515
>>63046838

Sorbo seems pretty bitter about everything. He blames his lack of success past Hercules on everything except his shitty attitude and lack of talent. His badmouthing Raimi is especially bad because it seems like he was pretty good to him during the production of Hercules; when Sorbo had a stroke and couldn't work, he was willing to make a bunch of episodes without Sorbo and hide his medical condition.
>>
>>63047002
Yeah, I love Sorbo but he's got a rotten attitude. He still hates everyone who split for Xena instead of realizing how great that show was on it's own.
>>
>>63047002
It wasn't Raimi's fault that Kull was a shitty movie. I'm honestly disappointed, Kevin seemed like a bro-tier guy until I read this shit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.