[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This might be the worst movie I've ever seen. There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
This might be the worst movie I've ever seen. There's not one redeeming value.
>>
>>63044039

not one redeeming value? wot?

I don't think it's all that great but it's remarkably beautiful looking
>>
wew lad
>>
It has good visuals and one of the best soundtracks of recent years.
>>
>>63044039
I just watched it earlier.

Shit movie, pretentious art-school bullshit. Movie just yells "LOOK AT ME, I'M COMPLEX LOL" without any real meaning, just open ended bullshit for idiots to over-analyze.
>>
>>63044378
>Movie just yells "LOOK AT ME, I'M COMPLEX LOL"
At which points in the movie did it claim to be complex?
>>
File: Baitman.jpg (132 KB, 970x950) Image search: [Google]
Baitman.jpg
132 KB, 970x950
>>63044039
>>
All I knew about it was that ScarJo gets naked in it. I thought it was a sex focussed romcom.

I was traumatised.
>>
The soundtrack didn't do this movie justice for me, the dark room scenes would've been 10x better if they were scored by Arca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JDuPCj0NKg
>>
Characters who are literally you
>>
>>63044414

he was cool in "the gift"
>>
>>63044406
It didn't. It was implied it with all the slow pacing and the fake Stanley Kubrick shit
>>
>>63044039
This is bait, right? It's a flawless film.
>>
>>63044378
I think it has a clear message that you get from a basic watch.

A little repetitive, but still atmospheric enough to keep entertained.

Not an amazing film, but definitely refreshing to see someone TRYING to have style.
>>
>>63044151
>good visuals
when will this meme die
>>
>>63045332
I was born in 1997, and it just didn't resonate with me. Considering Ant-man was the last thing I watched, I just wasn't prepared.
>>
File: 1445456311671.jpg (23 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
1445456311671.jpg
23 KB, 232x197
>these are the plebs you browse /tv/ with
>>
>>63045767
This movie is pretty pleb. But pleb in a way where I don't know if it's plebbier to like it or dislike it.
>>
>>63044039
It's aesthetic as fuck bruv
>>
>>63044378
It didn't try to be complex at all
It was pretty fucking straight forward actually
You're digging too deep
>>
>its slow and doesn't spoofed me plot so therefore it's a bad movie

>>63045794
The fuck are you even talking about
>>
File: cry_more.jpg (48 KB, 350x518) Image search: [Google]
cry_more.jpg
48 KB, 350x518
>that feel when two of your favorite modern directors are bathing in the glory and adulation of popular success, and it only took 10 to 15 years for them to achieve this

Speaking of Glazer and Noe.
>>
File: white_man.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
white_man.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>63045794
GET THE FUCK OUT OF /TV/ YOU DUMB NIGGER
>>
>>63046107
All three statements, completely false.
>>
people defend this because ScarJo shows her cow udders. I'm not complaining about that but I can still recognize it's a shit movie that relies entirely on meme visuals
>>
>>63044039

What about Scarlett butt?
>>
>>63049007
kill urself
>>
>>63049007
>people defend this because ScarJo shows her cow udders
I liked it because it had a pretty uniquely creepy tone that I hadnt felt before in a movie. The nudity was pretty underwhelming. The scenes were too weird to be sexy and her body didn't look very appealing in it. She looked a bit dumpy really.
>>
>>63044039
this is another one of those movies like upstream color that people desperate to seem smart and intellectual praise even though it's nothing more than a shitty and deliberately abstruse art house turd .
>>
>>63049262
Two best science fiction movies of the decade so far 2bh family and I'm medically retarded and completely unashamed to admit that. Glazer and Carruth are both masters.
>>
>>63049304
>Two best science fiction movies of the decade
>I'm medically retarded

you could've fooled me.
>>
>>63049427
Name something better. If it's the likes of Moon, Children of Men are some other blockbuster/thriller then literally kill yourself.
>>
>>63049097
She even gained weight for the role to look more "average"
>>
>>63049456
edge of tomorrow
>>
>>63049456

What? Since fucking when is Moon a fucking blockbuster? Go out in the street and ask if people know a movie called "Moon".

Moon is a shit movie btw
>>
>>63049591
I enjoyed that movie and Under The Skin is worth 1000 Edge Of Tomorrows. If the priority of the film makers is audience "entertainment" then it's not fucking sci-fi.
>>
>>63049643
>science fiction movies cannot be entertaining

you weren't kidding about being retarded.
>>
>it's an idiots shit on a good film thread
>>
>>63049683
There are some movies that can have "entertainment" elements and still manage to retain some sci-fi dignity but general speaking the more entertainment oriented a work is, the less it is valid sci-fi. If Edge Of Tomorrow is science fiction then so are all the capeshit blockbusters. It's upper level capeshit but it's certaibly closer to that trash than it is to real science fiction.
>>
>>63049815
>Science fiction is a genre of speculative fiction dealing with imaginative concepts such as futuristic settings, futuristic science and technology, space travel, time travel, faster than light travel, parallel universes and extraterrestrial life.

how is a film like edge of tomorrow diminished because it's oriented towards entertainment?
>>
>>63049858
Because entertainment comes at the cost of intellectualism.
>>
>>63049879

I'm sorry mate, but are you watching a documentary or a movie?
>>
>>63049858
>>Science fiction is a genre of speculative fiction dealing with imaginative concepts such as futuristic settings, futuristic science and technology, space travel, time travel, faster than light travel, parallel universes and extraterrestrial life.
So I suppose The Avengers is science fiction too.
>>
>>63049897
We are watching a "film". If it's a movie then it's pleb level sci-fi at best.
>>
>>63044485
No, go watch a twigs video or something
>>
>>63049898
of course it is. just because it's shit doesn't mean it's not science fiction.
>>
>>63050262
It isn't even close to science fiction. It's a thoughtless popcorn movie. This is an intellectualism genre.

2001, Primer, Under The Skin = Sci-Fi

The Avengers, Star Wars, E.T = Pleb-FI
>>
The fuck are you idiots on about?

The extent that sci-fi is used in this movie is alienation as a metaphor and a woman being succubus bait.

If you want a movie that covers similar themes watch The Face of Another (1941, December 7)
>>
File: reddit.gif (349 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
reddit.gif
349 KB, 350x233
>>63049591
>edge of tomorrow
>>
As a scifi movie it's a complete fucking piece of shit. If you imagine it as a psychological drama then it just barely starts to work.
Boring, trash acting, unoriginal, a big letdown. And this is coming from a huge fan of art film, avantgarde, experimental movies. This movie is not any of those things, including "good".
>>
>>63050331
i don't know where you got this idea that a film needs to be intellectual to be science fiction but it's wrong.
>>
>>63045384
When film stops being a visual medium.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.