[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fucking shit this movie was good. Why have I never heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: tmp648162255036219393.jpg (42 KB, 362x475) Image search: [Google]
tmp648162255036219393.jpg
42 KB, 362x475
Holy fucking shit this movie was good. Why have I never heard of it before?
>>
Because you're young or new here or something like that.

Anyway

Sandler's best.
PTA's best.
Best adaptation/allegory of/for Superman.
>>
>>63043649
>Holy fucking shit this movie was good. Why have I never heard of it before?
Because you're a retarded neo-poster. PTA is one of the most entry level "film buff" directors working. If there is a single part of his filmography you're unfamiliar with then you're literally sub reddit. Sub-IMDB.
>>
>>63043743
Who cares.
>>
File: cover.jpg (77 KB, 517x755) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
77 KB, 517x755
Holy fucking shit this movie was good. Why have I never heard of it before?
>>
Because Sandler is in it
>>
Virgin general .
>>
>>63043776
Real /tv/ cares. If you were part of it, you'd care also.
>>
>>63043801
Yeah I think so too. I think that's why I liked it so much. When I watched it, I was under the impressian that it would be horrible and I've never been so pleasantly surprised by a movie.
>>
>>63043681
This guy knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>63043743
muh kino
>>
>>63043743

*respectfully tips fedora*
>>
Philip Seymour Hoffman is really great in it.
>>
PTA should have kept working with Sandler 2bh. Maybe then The Master and Inherent Vice wouldn't have been shit. Couldn't see him playing the DDL role in TWBB but he certainly would have done a better job than meme man phoenix.
>>
File: SAY WUT NOW.jpg (35 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
SAY WUT NOW.jpg
35 KB, 380x264
>>63043938
>>
>>63043917
Except
>GUYS HAVE YOU SEEN THIS LESSER KNOWN GEM THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY LESSER KNOWN? NOW I WILL FOREVER SMUGLY FEDORA TIP MY WAY INTO ADAM SANDLER HATE CONVERSATIONS WITH "ACKSUALLY.... PUNCH DRUNK LOVE"
is fedora incarnate
>>
>>63043743
I'd wager a lot of people haven't seen Hard Eight
>>
>>63043938

the only reason Sandler is used in that movie is because the movie is a deconstruction of his persona/character that he created over years of shitty movies. PTA chose him for no other reason.
>>
>>63043938
Sandler makes too much money to be dealing with series scrips or integrity anymore.

And Puh-whenix is great. TWBB and The Master are both fantastic but still not as good as PDL.
>>
>>63043938
you know, Sandler playing Doc is actually an interesting idea

he's 100% wrong for The Master though
>>
>>63044015
>the only reason Sandler is used in that movie is because the movie is a deconstruction of his persona/character that he created over years of shitty movies. PTA chose him for no other reason.
This isn't just supposed to be some kind of cynical analysis of Sander's career since PTA unironically enjoys Adam Sandler's movies.
>>
>>63044085

how is that at all what I said? do you know what deconstruction means? my opinion was the one that said his movies are shit.

PTA clearly took Adam's typical character of the rage-addicted nutcase who is prone to violent outbursts and filmed it straight and captured a fragile individual underneath the buffoonery. that's the point of his casting.
>>
it's amazing imho family, people just hate on pta cuz he only knows how to make good xzïnémä and manages to be semi-mainstream at the same time
>>
>>63044209
That point has been made to death, I just thought you were implying that Sander's movies were shitty from PTA's perspective rather than your own.
>>
>>63044327

Oh no, that's not what I meant. Actually I still think Happy Gilmore is pretty damned fun. Most of Sandler's stuff I find pretty awful though.
>>
I liked this film quite a lot, but I didn't think it was "great". It was enjoyable and somewhat mysterious, but I didn't find it especially moving or meaningful. Would give it high 7 or straight 8/10.

The shot where he kisses her with the sunny and colourful backdrop is amazingly gorgeous, though.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.