[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This, quite simply, fucking tears it. I want to like Michael
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: seventh_continent.jpg (2 MB, 1524x2160) Image search: [Google]
seventh_continent.jpg
2 MB, 1524x2160
This, quite simply, fucking tears it. I want to like Michael Haneke. I think he's got an impressive eye for detail, he manages to get provocative performances from his actors, and even the premises of a lot of his films are interesting. I've watched the majority of his films, trying to understand exactly what makes him tick.

After finishing pic related, I've had enough of trying. I can't believe the audacity of this guy. His capitalist shaming "modern life is empty" bullshit has finally made my fucking skin crawl. Does he want us all to abandon our pursuits and go to places where "life really matters" and people die of the simplest curable diseases every day? Why doesn't the old coot do it himself? Nope, he would rather make his meandering heavy-handed movies designed make Westerners feel guilty and uncomfortable with their lifestyles. Oh my God, they have jobs?! They have possessions?! They have expendable income?! THEY ARE SO UNHAPPY! LOOK HOW UNHAPPY THEIR LIFESTYLE HAS MADE THEM! LOOK HOW EMPTY EVERYTHING THEY DO IS!

Fuck Michael Haneke. Keep on biting the hand that feeds you you old edgy sack of shit. Anyone who takes these "messages" to heart should be deported to North Korea with Haneke.
>>
File: 1417830954021.png (189 KB, 364x652) Image search: [Google]
1417830954021.png
189 KB, 364x652
>>63040474
so much autism in one post
>>
>>63040474
>Does he want us all to abandon our pursuits and go to places where "life really matters" and people die of the simplest curable diseases every day?
I know, why did the family want to go to Australia?
>>
You're talking as if he retains this sort of stance. Newsflash faggot people change.
>>
>>63040601
Amour was pretty much the same thesis statement albeit more sincere and restrained: What is our great modern existence worth in the throes of our demise?
>>
>>63040672
>Amour was pretty much the same thesis statement
?
>>
>>63040720
I FUCKING SAID IT RIGHT IN THAT POST GOD DAMN YOU
>>
>>63040829
Are you saying that all films that deal with suicide or euthanasia are anti-modernity?
>>
>>63040849
I'm saying all of Haneke's films are anti-modernity.
>>
>>63040879
So you think that all films that deal with suicide or euthanasia are anti-modernity?
>>
>>63040917
>all x is y
>oh so you say all z is y

are you retarded? or just autistic?
>>
>>63040474
He's just pointing out a problem. He's not offering you the solution.
>>
>>63041027
You seem to have had a problem with Amour and The Seventh Continent being about deliberate death in modern society. So I'm asking you a simple question whether it's only Haneke's films you find fault with, or if you consider all films dealing with ending one's existence in the modern world disgusting.
>>
>>63041088

im not that anon. i just wanted to know if youre autistic or just bloody retarded
>>
>>63041161
Well he admitted himself that he clearly has a problem with the theme (>>63040672), so I'm asking if he feels the same way about other films too or if there's something else that Haneke specifically does that makes him hate his films more so.
>>
>>63041088
I am that anon; The former.
>>
>>63040474

>i'm a pleb that watches movies for LE EBIN PREMISE rather than filmmaking technique and presentation

Yeah you're run of the mill pleb #129381209418253

No wonder Haneke is too deep for you, faggot.
>>
>>63041303
>aesthetics are everything
His "technique and presentation" are fine. If you took the time to actually read what I wrote you'd see I praised his ability as a director. It's his philosophy I can't abide, and since that is the single most important aspect of his films, it's something that I tend to notice first and foremost. Got a problem with that?
>>
op, seventh continent is one of my favorite movies of all time
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.