[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching the last episode of Star Trek Voyager.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: neelix7zp.jpg (30 KB, 587x479) Image search: [Google]
neelix7zp.jpg
30 KB, 587x479
Just finished watching the last episode of Star Trek Voyager. It was alright better then I expected honestly but I wish that they actually set foot on earth its annoying that they just pop through the worm hole and it's like oh hey you're back lol. I figure we were supposed to get that sort of enjoyment from the beginning of the episode when everyone is old but it feels to shitty and melancholy to enjoy that. I also thought whatever actor that played Janeway did a good job at talking to herself when she was all old.
>tfw neelix left
>>
bump
>>
It's basically a filler show, created so you have something to watch during the time between re-watching TNG.
>>
>>63039863

I thought so too but after 7 seasons I found myself attached enough to the characters that I felt a little happy when they finally made it back
>>
Yeah the ending is pretty anticlimatic. Thr borg stuff was good but they shld have got them home sooner and involved it with planet earth somehow. That would have capped things off more significantly.
>>
>>63038925
I use to envy Neelix because he got to band Kes, I use to...
>>
>>63038925
Yes the ending was really stupid, for a show that built it's entire premise on getting home, there was no fanfare or resolution of the characters, other than Nelix who arbitrarily leaves just before they get home. My feeling is they just wanted to get it fucking overwith, and doing anything on earth would involve more budget with sets and more actors. They also probably didn't know how to resolve the fucking traitor maquis crew members, and janeway breaking the prime directive 100 times.
>>
Neelix got a better ending than the rest of the crew.
>>
>>63040444
But in the movies didn't Janeway get promoted to admiral or some shit? Like that stuff is sorta resolved in the stuff prior to that. I read online that the writers said they wanted to do a 2 hour movie after it on that stuff. Also wtf was that Jaykotay and 7of9 stuff that came in out of no where? I always felt like there was some sort of tension between him and Janeway and that they were going to get together but okay now he likes 7of9 because she fell in love with a holodeck version of him, okay.
>>
>>63042423
>Jaykotay and 7of9 stuff

This is just one example of late series brainfarts, including Janeway talking to machines. At least we saw Broccoli for compensation.
>>
>>63042423
>didn't Janeway get promoted to admiral or some shit?

Yep, can't remember which of the movies it was but there's definitely a scene near the beginning of one of them were Picard is talking to Janeway over one of those communication screens and she's an Admiral. I can sort of see it happening. Ship goes missing for several years, Captain manages to get it home with most of the crew safe (and some sweet tech to boot) would have reflected badly on Star Fleet if they court martialled her over it. I suspect she was promoted to some desk job out of the way so she can't fuck anything else up though.
>>
>>63042686

That episode where broccoli is talking to the holodeck voyager people trying to find a way to communicate with them is the best one of the entire series in my opinion I loved it. After he showed up I spent the entire show hoping to God that he would find some way to jump onto the Voyager ship and join their crew but it never happened.

>>63042702
In the finale she's just about to become a teacher so I could see her doing that sort of thing afterwards.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.