[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: movies with great first halves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: American-History-X-Curb-2.jpg (24 KB, 600x318) Image search: [Google]
American-History-X-Curb-2.jpg
24 KB, 600x318
ITT: movies with great first halves
>>
>>63038720
>its a edward norton gets ass fucked by J'Quantell episode
>>
>>63038753
He gets raped by white people though. I usually turn it off right after he gets to prison, though.
>>
>>63038720
What was wrong with the ending, exactly?
>white kid tries to improve himself and let go of his hate
>dumb nig will always be dumb nig, shooting white kid over nothing except MUH DICK BIX NOOD

Poignant and truthful message.
>>
>>63038939
Because Edward Norton doesn't revert to the proper way of thinking.
>>
File: 1389221410115.gif (914 KB, 290x198) Image search: [Google]
1389221410115.gif
914 KB, 290x198
>watching Sunshine and loving it
>they reach the old abandoned spaceship
>movie takes a hard left turn into slasher flick
>the killer is a psycho that rambles on about god because of fucking course he does

I have never seen a movie shit the bed so badly in the third act in my entire life.
>>
the place beyond the pines
>>
File: I_am_Legend_1.jpg (92 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
I_am_Legend_1.jpg
92 KB, 400x600
I
>>
>>63038987
The movie just sorta ends there. Derek definitely reclaimed his throne as King Nazi.
>>
that george clooney and foot fetish dude movie before it turns into a shitty vampire wannabe faggot homo movie
>>
>>63038939
The message at the end wasnt about niggers, it was about the cycle of violence and racism being difficult to escape
>>
>>63039081
Sunshine is shit all the way through
>>
>>63039209
They specifically chose to leave out a final scene showing him shaving his head.
>>
Full Metal Jacket
Troy
>>
>>63038720
>it's a "movies that do x and y" thread
>>
>>63039161
THIS
>>
>>63039081

Along these Lines (also Danny Boyle), 28 Days Later opened very strongly, only to degenerate later.

My personal Homo aside, I can't recall another time I saw full frontal male nudity in a "respectable" picture, in a theater, which had wide release in America. (now that I've thought a bit I guess Schindler's list and Eastern Promises had male nudity, but I don't know about full frontal). This touch works very nicely because it shows both vulnerability and the utter /strangeness/ into which the main character has awoken.
>>
>>63039288
was that what happened in the books?
>>
File: meh.ro2837.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro2837.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1080
>>63038753
>>
the first half of hancock was good until alien wife
>>
>>63039313
The second part of Full Metal Jacket is pure pleb filter. If you don't take the film as a complete piece that is consistently good the whole way through, you don't know shit about film, or narrative structure in general.

Although, some of the dialogue from the less important Marines is pretty bad in the second half, I will give you that.
>>
>>63039288
I always see this but it's never verified. Google just gives the deleted scenes on the DVD, no alternate endings.
>>
>>63039539
I don't know, man. I read it on the IMDb trivia section for the movie at least 7 years ago, and I've been repeating it as fact ever since.
>>
>>63039629
It would have definitely been better that way. But it wasn't hollyjew's prepackaged "Bittersweet Ending #6".
>>
File: Smug Fry.png (87 KB, 187x274) Image search: [Google]
Smug Fry.png
87 KB, 187x274
>>63039446
Do you think he secretly liked it?
>>
>>63039931
Same thing happened to Dodgeball. I know this one for a fact because I saw the alternate ending on the DVD. They were supposed to lose originally, but the studio made them change it. That's why the chest with all of the money in it says "Deus Ex Machina" on it - the director knew it was bullshit.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.