[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fargo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: consultation.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
consultation.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>it's a bear shoots up a building in broad daylight episode
>>
>>63037512

Why did they continue shooting the walls after the people were died
>>
Were the people who died at the start of the episode people we had seen before?
>>
>It's an Ed suddenly magics Mike Mullignans number out of thin air episode
>>
what's with the aliens?
>>
>>63037546
shooting guns is fun
>>
>it's a lou and ted danson let a known murderer walk away from them

DROPPED!
>>
>>63037554
Maybe during Joe Bulo's presentation at the end of episode 1, if at all.
>>
File: 1448410824447.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1448410824447.webm
2 MB, 720x480
who /milligan/ here
>>
>>63037563
Also how did Lou know about that hotel room?
>>
>>63037622
God that was so cringey I screamed tips fedora as out as I could and the rest of the room I was viewing this show with wasn't even meme literate.
>>
>>63037563
some were the other leaders that were backing the gerhardts.
>>
>>63037622

>US television has gotten really violent
>cant show boobs though, that might offend someone
>>
>>63037563
>operator, well could you help me place this call?
>see, the number on the matchbook is old and faded
>he's living Pearl Hotel with his best friend Wayne
>>
>>63037682
that scene was cool, they should stop hanging out with you.
>>
>>63037512
fucking hell, never even noticed that was bear.

thought that guy on the right was some black dude too.

Liked the way he flicked his hands
>>
>>63037723
>that scene was cool
I bet you enjoyed the scenes of Lorne Malvo. It's the fedoracore elements that these that will always make the show schlock compared to the movie.
>>
File: 1427747915319.png (186 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1427747915319.png
186 KB, 500x377
>featuring music (and various covers of said music) previously featured in various Coen brothers movies

not that i'm complaining or nuthin
>>
>>63037727
It's a little clearer in HD.
>>
Why is the music so over the place? Fargo S1 had a great soundtrack that actually fit the show.

The song choices they make are good and all but they feel so jarring.
>>
>>63037709
Nice one jim
>>
>>63037895

What the fuck the music is one of the best things
>>
>>63037895
The most out of place thing about this season for me is that split screen effect they keep doing.
>>
yo /fargo/ bros,

Remember at the beginning of episode 2 or 3, we saw a flashback of Hanzee's childhood? And he recalled a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat?

What was that all about? What did it mean?

Are native american racial tensions going to be a big part of the rest of this season? I mean, the very first scene of the season was about a native american guy bristling about race, and the movie they were going to be in was about a massacre of native americans. Then we have Hanzee, who clearly resents white people for his experiences in 'nam among other things. Is he going to kill a bunch of people in Sioux Falls for revenge?
>>
>>63037946
That's pretty frustrating too but I don't think it affects the general atmosphere as much as the music does.
>>
1. Who were all those people shot up at the beginning of the episode
2. How did Lou and Bear find Simone's hotel room
3. How did Bear know she was actually coalburning
>>
>>63037563
also it's not like the indian wouldn't have caught up to them. he was 10mins, 20 tops, right behind him. it would have taken considerate time and effort getting todd out and into the trunk of a car.

oh well. maybe he shouldn't have been walking like the total badass that he is
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 800x800
>>63037895
>mfw this episode started with the long ass version of Locomotive Breath.
>mfw it's my favorite Jethro Tull song
>>
>>63037975
It's just more "dude quirky scenes lmao". Hawley trying to impersonate what a Coen Brothers move is like on a very surface level.
>>
>>63037988
1. They worked for the Kansas City syndicate, Mike Milligan's "management". Bear was one of the dudes who shot them up.
2. Luverne has a population of like 4,000, there can't be that many hotels to check.
3. He and Ricky most likely followed her.

But a lot of this stuff might actually be addressed in the next episode (as well as Ed knowing Mike's phone number).
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 218x197) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 218x197
>>63037597
>"Save your energy we know where he's going."
>>
>>63038063
>1. They worked for the Kansas City syndicate, Mike Milligan's "management". Bear was one of the dudes who shot them up.
its was also some people from the gerhardts side
>>
>>63037597
>known murderer
they know what happened though
>>
It was fucking annoying when they threw in that line with Ted Danson saying he should have checked for Peggy before leaving last episode.

The fact that you have the characters acknowledge the bad writing somehow makes it worse.
>>
>>63037895
you'd better bring better music examples that could have been used or you're literally pulling complaints out of your ass
>>
>>63038293
>the screenwriters added an acknowledgement of bad writing in episode 7 after episode 6 was shot

yeah that makes sense

also, how bout I hit you in the head and then let's see how you resume your job properly
>>
>>63038161
That bugged me. It implies from there Lou would just drive to Ed's house. Guess they didn't.
>>
>>63038339
great logic
>>
File: Skinner Bane.png (431 KB, 632x477) Image search: [Google]
Skinner Bane.png
431 KB, 632x477
>>63037895
What was the significance of playing Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds anyways?
>>
>>63038427
no it's not

>I hate the music they're using
>why? what better alternatives?
>...

strong criticism there dude
>>
>>63038339
>you'd better bring better music examples that could have been used
Literally nothing at all would be better than the showmakers jerking themselves off in your faces with their musical selection that calls far too much attention to itself. Reminded me of fucking Breaking Bad where 9 times out of 10 their musical selections would result in me literally convulsing with rage and smashing cups against the walls.

A real good way to meme your show beyond all recognition. "le epin song choice" is the most pleb thing imaginable. Have no music, have no retarded cinematography that calls attention to itself. Don't concede to the fedoratino imdb sensibilities one bit, because if you give them an inch they take a fucking mile.
>>
>>63038029
my favorite tull's song is "we used to know"
>>
>>63038450
>ask for counterarguments
>receive rage language non sequitur

yeah, so convincing
>>
>>63038375
More like
>the screenwriters added an acknowledgement of bad writing in the episode 7 script after the episode 6 script was written.
>>
>>63038444
if you're not paying attention, what's the point of even watching
>>
File: Fargo 2x07 in 120s.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Fargo 2x07 in 120s.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>Erstwhile on Fargo
>>
I'm not buying that scrawny injun as an invincible superman.
>>
>>63038535
Honestly I think this is one of those shows where I could just watch the sped up webm every week and miss nothing of value. Waste of fucking time.
>>
>>63038449
I would make the soundtrack mostly original, like the first season.

It feels like peaky blinders soundtrack except it doesn't work half as well.
>>
>>63038516
are you an idiot? when you write something and realize it's badly written, do you just write another sentence acknowledging how badly written your first one was?
>>
who would win in a fight to the death between milligan, the indian and malvo?
>>
>>63038566
That's what it seems like the Fargo writers did.
>>
>>63038393
Where the hell did they go
>>
>>63038557
I could speed up your life up to when you kill yourself and miss nothing of value. Waste of fucking break.
>>
>>63037622
the two Asian kitchen brothers were a great touch
>>
>>63038550
years of white oppression gave them superpowers. do you even history?
>>
>>63038588
>implying
>>
>>63038533
Memes.
>>
>>63038550
yes, there's no way a mafia clan servant of inferior race to the clan could have been bred for his sharp skills and discard any emotion in the process
>>
>>63038706
At least Shep Proudfoot was a big guy.
>>
>>63037988
I'm pretty sure that

>guy strangled by the surviving Kitchen
>guy shot in the head who we see fall into the snow

are both major supporters of the Gerhardts, they looked like the guys seen sitting down with Floyd in the scene where they tell her if KC strikes first they're all in.
>>
>>63038550
>Invincible

He's just good at sneaking up like a coward while people are distracted. Every kill he's had has been ambushing people. He's gonna get BTFO by the season end, hopefully by the surviving Kitchen brother.
>>
File: unnamed.png (56 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
56 KB, 500x282
>It's a nutfu-heavy episode
>>
>>63038718
were they part of the same Buffalo crime ring that Bear's friend came from?
>>
>>63038737

Sonny kills him.
>>
This episode made me realize that the Gerhards drama is pretty boring and it's the Todd, Dunst and Lou scenes carrying the show.
>>
Anyone else thought they were referring to Malvo as the Undertaker?
>>
>>63038738
>act bossy whenever she feels like
>piss herself the second when she's caught red handed

wow, great character. literally the bimbo gal you can write her lines in a cab, on your way to shoot the scene.
>>
>>63038837
Todd?

>>63038854
no, because crossing over is for 4 years olds
>>
>>63038837
The KSM/GHF stuff is pretty bland in general, would've been more interesting as a side plot or shown from Lou/Ed's POV.
>>
His name is Dodd
>>
>>63038893
Jesse Plemons
>>
>>63038909
and he carries the show because...?

half the show he was bitchin' about his wife causing him trouble and not giving him enough blowjobs like she's supposed to and then he picked up a cleaver and is now acting like Rambo.

riveting
>>
>>63038063
>But a lot of this stuff might actually be addressed in the next episode

Yeah, like in this weeks episode where Hank said that he should've checked the house before leaving. He was just disoriented from being btfo
>>
What the hell was with those runes and moon symbols in the old sheriff's house, when Betsy went to feed the cat?
>>
>>63039070
the old geezer is deep down kekoo. it'll probably tie up with the UFO mild story
>>
>>63039070
aliums
>>
>>63038957
He's not so compelling on his own, I just find their part of the story more enjoyable to watch because they have more of that small town simple folk in messed up situations feeling like the original movie whereas the gerhardt storyline feel more generic. They could have been out of a season of Justified or some other crime show. It's not that the scenes are bad, but they don't tap into the feeling I associate with Fargo as much.
>>
>>63039105
WTF did kek-oo seriously get changed to kek?
>>
>>63039262
OMFG

proof /tv/ is a board for imbeciles
>>
>>63038818
Idk, I'd assume that they had satellite crews not to far from the Gerhardt's operation. When Charlie is going through a bunch of "Get Well Soon" cards sent for Otto, he mentions a few of them coming from Winnipeg I think, a few other places that sound either Canadian or Mid-Western. I'd have to see that scene again to be sure.

What I'm curious about is the Gerhardt's connection to this Ricky character and whatever group he's affiliated with. If he is from Buffalo, NY, that city had a prominent organized crime presence around that time, mainly La Cosa Nostra, which would mean they probably have some alliance with the KC syndicate, though obviously their ties to the Gerhardt's are stronger.
>>
>>63038202
That's ok then.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>63038854
Literally redditors thought the Undertaker would turn out to be Malvo. Malvo isn't the devil, he's just some guy. The time period's don't line up.
>>
File: Fatt Damon.jpg (30 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
Fatt Damon.jpg
30 KB, 350x250
He's gonna make it through the season, right?
Ed did literally nothing wrong.
Killing Rye was in self defense anyways, though no one in the show would probably believe him.

He didn't deserve any of this, I just want him to impregnate his semen demon and get his fucking butcher shop.
>>
>>63039321
>calling other people stupid when you can't even figure out that they know
>>
>>63039373
>they know he has been involved in multiple murders
>let him go

Is this how they do police work in your 3rd world country.
>>
>>63039364
>nfw he's literally called fat demon
Lardasses BTFO!
>>
So ed is the butcher of luverne?
https://twitter.com/FargoFX/status/669568458439266304
>>
>>63039364
>he thinks there's going to be a happy ending
>a happy ending to the Sioux Falls Massacre

everyone dies except for Lou and Bear, who becomes the Fargo syndicate boss Mr. Tripoli from Season One. Smaller characters like Betty and Karl Weathers not withstanding. Bear's last line to Simone along the lines "family doesnt mean anything anymore" is highly indicative that he is ready to roll over for the KC Syndicate after all this shit has gone down. Will probably by cemented for real once the Sioux Falls Massacre see's both sides devastated, especially given this shit with Milligan and the Undertaker. KC will just want their slice of the pie and after all this bloodshed mucking things up, they'll be happy to let Bear run things so long as they get their big fat envelopes.
>>
>>63039438
No, my cops are fucking retarded like you it seems.
>>
>>63037895
Danny boy was terrible this episode, felt like muting it.
>>
>>63037703
What's the inconsistency here?
>>
File: 1448094223227.gif (1 MB, 307x244) Image search: [Google]
1448094223227.gif
1 MB, 307x244
>>63039364
>yfw ed and peggy turn out to be ayy lmao
>>
>>63039494
>he thinks it's ok to let murderers go
Try and stop your fanboyism for one second and think objectively about the multiple examples of bad writing in this season.
>>
>>63039580
S2 has been pretty mediocre but this is a weird thing to complain about
>>
So is she dead, senpaitachi?
Did she bust her final nut?
>>
>>63039474

Is Ed working with Dodd/Hanzee?

>>63039491

There's no way Bear is that guy.
>>
>>63039773
Maybe, maybe not. It was a popular theory here after the first episode. Both actors look similar, both of them just stuff food into their mouths by hand, without utensils. It kinda sorta makes sense, given the Northern Expansion Strategy, the season one syndicates location in Fargo, where the Gerhardt's are centralized and that the season one syndicate appears to be a direct descendant of the KC syndicate.
>>
>>63037512
>it's a you know what is going to happen as soon as you see the shot episode
>>
File: 1382366539029.jpg (31 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1382366539029.jpg
31 KB, 490x490
>>63037622
>it's a nigger tries to fight stereotypes character
>he constantly murders people
>>
>>63037563
>It's a retards keep complaining about unexplained things despite the fact it's obvious the next episode will focus on the events that weren't seen during this episode
>>
Post the webm of nutfu naked on the bed
>>
>>63039551
>>
>>63040031
>Show is exempt from criticism because "THEY'LL FIX IT LATER"
>>
>>63040099
It's not fucking 'fixing it later' you idiot
>>
>>63040099
>not with holding your criticism until you've seen it in its entirety
>being a dirty shitheel plebeian

it's clearly a movie split into ten parts before its a tv show
>>
>>63040099
>Ooh look at me I'm so smart pointing out plotholes that aren't really plotholes
>>
File: Butcher I'm CIA.jpg (30 KB, 615x411) Image search: [Google]
Butcher I'm CIA.jpg
30 KB, 615x411
>>63040099
It's all part of the plan
>>
>>63040220
I suppose we can't criticize about the retarded writing in Prometheus then since the sequel could explain away all the retarded moments. We will have watch watch Scott's entire new trilogy before we cast judgement since things apparently don't need to work on their own any more.
>>
>>63040259
>I'm CIA
>not State Police

newfag go
>>
>>63040099
Yes, this is how pretty much television shows work, dipshit. They don't have to show everything at once in one episode.
>>
>>63040293
That's a fucking movie and this is a TV show

You will discover what happened literally next week you autist
>>
>>63040293
>that strawman

You're fucking mad yo. It's pretty obvious that the next episode is going to catch us up on what Ed, Peggy, Dodd and Hanzee have been up to.
>>
>>63040374
It's a third of the planned story. How is that any more liable to criticism than a tenth of a movie?
It needs to be judged in full just in case they try to scramble to make up for their writing crimes later on.
>>
>>63037554
Bear and Ricky shoot up the office, which is a Kansas City mob establishment. In retaliation the mob then kills the three South Dakota associates of the Gerthardts who were sitting on the sofa talking to Floyd in episode 2 or 3 who promised to help fight the mob.
>>
>>63037622
I am after that scene.
>>
>>63040420
Is this bait?

This is the equivalent of watching 30 minutes of a movie, then making a thread on /tv/ asking "wtf is going on in this movie?" Everyone is going to call you a retard (like they are now) since you haven't seen the completed work. Just as movies tend to answer question in the second half that were raised in the first half, so too can later episodes of a tv season answer questions raised in earlier episodes.
>>
>>63040531
And Prometheus is the equivilent of watching 120 minutes of 360 minute kinography and then deciding you are qualified to cast judgment.

If you let Fargo off the hook then there are any number of other objectively bad works you need to give the benefit of the doubt to too.
>>
>>63040420
>It needs to be judged in full just in case they try to scramble to make up for their writing crimes later on.

Are you being this stupid on purpose?

This is the first episode in which Ed and Peggy aren't shown. This episode was devoted pretty much entirely to the Gerhardts. We learn of events that occurred off screen, in almost parallel time. Then in the last scene Ed shows up and it's obvious the next episode will reveal what's going on with their situation and how everything went down they way it did.

Your 'criticism' isn't exposing a plothole, it's essentially being impatient because they're revealing information at a later time. You can't chock Ed knowing Mike's number to shit writing because the events involving Ed and Peggy from their escape up until the end of this episode hasn't been illuminated. This is a TV miniseries, episodes aren't independent of one another in the story. Your comparison to a film sequel is wrong.
>>
>>63040681
>You can't chock Ed knowing Mike's number to shit writing because the events involving Ed and Peggy from their escape up until the end of this episode hasn't been illuminated
And by the token you can't defend it as not being shit writing when you don't know the full story either. The show is at the same time both acceptably written and plothole ridden trash until we get to next week and find out what their explanation is. If I'm stupid then you are also just as stupid. The thing that gives me the highground is that it's ALWAYS better to assume the worst.
>>
>>63040588
That example doesn't apply. Everyone knew exactly what this season of Fargo was going to be when it started - a single story told over 10 episodes.
>>
The only episode of this season that has really stood out is e5
>>
>Autists discussing convoluted theories and trying to analyze an EXTREMELY on the surface plot of what turnes out ot be a very loose season, to give it more vailidity

just enjoy it for what it is, a very well produced and well-acted meme vehicle

both plots are nothing to write home about, and will be resolved in le postironic abrupt AYY LMAO intervention, or will just end, because they're already losing steam.

Everything else is 10/10 doe.
>>
>>63039364
He's gona actually turn in to "The Butcher"
>>
Does anyone have the shot from episode 2 with Milligan, Robert Barone, and the kitchen brothers in the car, it shows a split down the middle with Robert and Black Coat on the left and Milligan and Red Coat on the right. That shot is literal pottery.
>>
So is bust a nut girl dead or nah
>>
>>63042068
That would be fucking dumb. The show seemed fairly red pilled at first. I was hoping he was there as a cautionary tale for the dangers of giving your woman independence and letting her walk over you. The beta getting blown the fuck out after his wife keks he shit up is more relevent than ever right now.

What other show tells the dangers of feminism?
>>
Would it be legal to set up a betting pool on which characters are alive at the end of the season?
>>
>>63042540
If you're in the US I'm pretty sure it's illegal.
>>
This show is popular therefore it is shit
>>
>>63043019
More like the show is popular with the fedora demographic therefore it is shit. Which is a completely valid viewpoint by the way.
>>
>no one making a big deal about Ted Danson's ayy lmao rune collection

pls explain
>>
>>63043311
Yes, what the fuck was that all about? Was that alluded to in an earlier episode and I just forgot about it because I had no idea why that was there.
>>
>>63043337
It was pretty much out of the blue. We know he has had a lot to deal with, though, so it's not that crazy.
>>
>>63043311
>>63043337

People have been pointing out UFO stuff all season long and it has been mentioned in other threads, I'm sure he's either going senile or just writing a book and creating his language for it Tolkien style
>>
>>63043311
Some guys find weird hobbies after their wives die.
>>
>>63043311
>>63043337
i was thinking its some kind of spiritual healing thing for his daughters cancer
>>
>>63037622
Kansas city is pretty diverse, first the black Milligan, then the Asian brothers
>>
be quite Tbh Families, why do you defend this show so furiously?
>>
That fucking look on 70s Gangster as he just nods at the panicking couple.
I want a show about him.
>>
>>63043510
ayy lmao
>>
File: triggered.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
3 MB, 359x202
So.. did Bear kill the coalburning, family splitting drug slut? Why is the show all about feminism and muh patriarchy?

t. /pol/lack
>>
>>63043311
Every episode has something with the UFO just like every episode had a jewish truck in almost (or every?) episode.
>>
>>63044049
Because we're a patient people who can tell when something's going to be good, and something's going to be shit. We can tell from the 1st episode of season 2 that the rest of what we're anticipating will be great just as much as after watching the 1st film of the planned Prometheus trilogy, the whole thing will be shit.
>>
>>63044264

Your post is fucking retarded.
>>
>>63044264
good luck simplifying/generalizing everything

before everything is simple, this then that.
now I don't know how its start and when it end, I forgot the actual quote tho
>>
>>63044314
Jewish trucks in the previous season I mean.
>>
>>63044321
Yeah, just wait until the whole thing comes crashing down. People here could totally tell that True Detective was going to completely fall apart based on the good opening episodes.
>>
>>63044342
Do the ducks have anything to do with the aliens too?
>>
>>63044379
Not familiar with True Detective. Did season 2 have 7 good first episodes and 3 bad last ones?
>>
>>63044392
Ducks?
I mean maybe Jewish Trucks are surveillance vans to detect aliens after the happenings in 1979.
>>
>>63044439
It has 6 good episodes and then two episodes that were absolutely terrible.
>>
>>63044506
Season 1 I'm referring to.
>>
>>63044538
So compared to 6 good episodes out of 16, and 17 episodes out of 20, Fargo wins out. You hate the show you like more than the one I love, what does that tell you about your tastes in entertainment?
>>
>>63044439
TD season 2 have about only 1 or 2 good episodes.
the writing is really bad to pulled off the complex concept around the new ideas on the season
season 2 is like where every character have their inner rusty cohle with flaws reasoning to act like one
and no marty to accompany a reality check on them either
>>
>>63044064
not in the webm but he does some hand flick thing right after this that looks cool as fuck.
>>
>>63044658
Season 1 of Fargo was not good at all. Season 2 hasn't revealed it's shittiness yet but it could still fall apart at any moment.
>>
>>63044722
>Season 1 of Fargo was not good at all.

Fuck OFF
>>
>>63044737
It was a bad impression of the movie with a fedora streak and a plotlines that were a total waste of time. If you cut it down to 6 episodes and removed pretty much every Malvo scene it may have been okay. As it stands it was a waste of time. Literal Breaking Bad/The Shield/Justified/Walking Dead/Game Of Thrones tier trash.
>>
>>63044722
So then, Season 2 is good to some degree for you? Yes?
>>
>>63044893

Now this is just baseless contrarianism.
>>
>>63044912
So far. There are plenty of shows that start strong and then shit themselves at the finish line though.
>>
>>63044893
It's like creator sanctioned plagiarism. I follow interviews by the creator, and he pretty much wants the show to be set in this universe where all of the Coen Bros films are cannon. And the Coen Bros don't give a shit one way or another as long as they're making that money, honey.
>>
>>63037622
>the phone call was meth demon and not the real Undertaker, who knew milligan would pull something like that
>>
>>63044893
Good sir, I think you wear your fedora too tight.
>>
>>63045011

>There are plenty of shows that start strong and then shit themselves at the finish line though.

Name some, i want to compare notes.
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (1 MB, 1552x754) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
1 MB, 1552x754
>>63043311
>>63044314
>>
>>63043311
nothing weird about that. people in our species (humans) do things like that all the time

the symbols mean nothing
>>
>>63044893
But Malvo was the best part of the show you fucker
>>
>>63044893
>doesn't like Malvo
you're the dumbest person in 3 galaxies
>>
>>63045141
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
True Detective
The Wire
Twin Peaks
The X-Files
House Of Cards
Hannibal
Justified (very last season wasn't terrible but it followed 2 seasons of outright trash)
>>
>>63037988
>3. How did Bear know she was actually coalburning
I figure from certain pov from Floyd and the old lady cook that it's becoming pretty obvious. But they don't seem like the types to turn to Bear and say, "I think yer niece is getting fucked by that Mike Milligan fella."
>>
>>63045267

I agree with everything. except Mad Men and House of Cards because i didn't watch them.
>>
>>63045216
I didn't dislike Malvo but I think he worked to the detriment of the show since his subplots could have been cut from the show completely with nothing of value lost. The more you saw him the more of a shallow gimmick he seemed too. They should have taken a less is more approach. If we had just never seen him again after the pilot episode after the time jump near the end I would have preferred that.
All that supermarket stuff and the parts with it's only sunny in philidelphia man were a total waste of time. Season in general could have benefitted from fewer episodes.
>>
>>63038293
The worst part is that since he confirmed he didnt go back into the house then what reason would he have to believe the Gerharts weren't still there? And that they just let the guy they spent considerable effort protecting run right back there? Shit's pretty dumb.
>>
>>63045346
But then we never would have known that all of that stuff really and TRULY happened, anon.
>>
>>63045292
>bear turns out to be the most intelligent character
BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>63045425
Not at one point has it been implied that Bear is a stupid man.
>>
File: 1446508367932.png (76 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446508367932.png
76 KB, 400x400
>>63037512

>Simone and Dodd are alive
>Noreen gave betsy cancer cause she is in love with Lou
>Betsy dies in the end
>>
>>63045479

>Not at one point has it been implied that Bear is a stupid man.

HOLY SHIT THIS

It's like people don't know what's it like to be reserved and stoic.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6103037
>>
>>63045544
>It's like people don't know what's it like to be reserved and stoic.
Mad autist detected. You're not stoic. You're a retard.
>>
>>63045479
He lets his brother beat him
If anything he's weak minded
also he's got a stupid look on his face
>>
File: 1448238197450.png (157 KB, 248x383) Image search: [Google]
1448238197450.png
157 KB, 248x383
>Ted Danson gets rekt by Gerhart militia trying to protect Peggy
>wakes up, doesnt check on Peggy, nopes the fuck out
>meanwhile supercop conducts super daring escape to protect butcher
>whew we made it!
>guy takes off running back to where Ted Danson noped away from
>its cool lets go home
>>
>>63045479
>bear is intelligent but reserved and strong
>like a real bear
B R A V O
R
A
V
O
>>
>>63045575
>He lets his brother beat him
I think that was more to do with the gun being pointed at him
>>
File: king of breakfast.png (1 MB, 1162x871) Image search: [Google]
king of breakfast.png
1 MB, 1162x871
>>63045489
Why wasn't he watching over them in Bemidji? Did the King of Breakfast die by 2006?
>>
>>63045563

ebin ;^)
>>
File: mV2i8PI[1].png (83 KB, 271x346) Image search: [Google]
mV2i8PI[1].png
83 KB, 271x346
Did anyone else notice the UFO in the Family photo?
>>
File: 1415390855627.gif (358 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1415390855627.gif
358 KB, 300x169
>>63045687
>>
>mfw the plot twist is the character referred to as bear is not who we think
> it's actually a real bear that Hanzee can shape shift into via a combination of ancient indian magic and aliens
>that's why he eats gross rabbit hearts raw, he was able to btfo the curly haired guy despite him having a gun, able to evade the cops
>he gets caught by Milligan (on purpose)
>transforms into a bear, kills all the KC guys
>kills Dodd and everyone else with no survivors
>runs off into the forest
>>
>>63045687
Well damn
>>
>>63045687
can't see it
>>
>>63044379
>People here could totally tell that True Detective was going to completely fall apart based on the good opening episodes.
Having a weak ending doesn't equate the entire experience of the first season as being shit. Endings don't hold up to determining the quality of an entire season/show as much as you think it does. If you're watching for the sake of seeing the ending, then maybe you should stick to 90min family friendly flicks and avoid series from now on. At this point, season 2 of Fargo has been strong enough that even if it doesn't have that great of an ending, the entire package as a whole, can still be regarded as great. We've had 7 great episodes out of a 10 episode season. They really would need to fuck up really badly within these next 3 episodes for the season to be determined as "bad".
>>
File: Jethro Tull.jpg (51 KB, 736x721) Image search: [Google]
Jethro Tull.jpg
51 KB, 736x721
>>63038029

Jethro Tull - Skating Away on the Thin Ice of a New Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kelfA6UeZh0
>>
File: fargo1.2.jpg (43 KB, 847x451) Image search: [Google]
fargo1.2.jpg
43 KB, 847x451
>>63045738
>he was an animal
>>
>>63037644
I assumed they were tailing bust a nut girl and busted in when she screamed
>>
>>63045992
Right hand side, in the background, level with the eldest child's head.
>>
>>63046019
>Having a weak ending doesn't equate the entire experience of the first season as being shit. Endings don't hold up to determining the quality of an entire season/show as much as you think it does.
Depends on how egregious the crimes of the ending are. If it's just an inelegantly handled plotpoint that whatever, but you can get a show like Breaking Bad where the ending is so outrageously bad in a way that completely undermined every thing before that point. Honestly I don't think that Fargo season 2 is capable of fucking up that badly just because there is nowhere near as much on the line. It's not even so much that it would be "bad" anyway, it would probably be like season 1 where it ends in a way that's just a bit underwhelming that renders the the memory of the show into something that was enjoyable at the time but ultimately forgettable.

My ideal for an ending would be a great capper that's completely in line with the themes of the show that gives everything that came before more richness and gravity in hindsight. This never happens though. Most every show I watch seems smaller when you look back on it.
>>
If the UFO in episode 1 was light reflected from the Get Well baloon and Rye being fucked up on coke and bug spray, how come Hanzee when he is inspoecting the scene traces the UFO throught the sky and observes weird lightplay to very eerie music to ephasize?

If they wanted to show that he deduced that Rye was confused by lightplay, why add the UFO theme and light play to it, that's just confusing.
>>
kek senpai
>>
>>63046300
Look at the clocks in the scene with Hanzee
>>
>>63038557
this
>>
>>63046341

I'm not posting from home, and will have to redownload the episode. Are you sure it's gonna be worth it, like it WOWEE revelation of a clue i missed, or would nothing of value be lost if you told me now?

I'm not being sarcastic here, it's my third consecutive graveyeard shift, and it getting really hard to attach emotion to anything.
>>
>>63046502
Basically you see the clock in the diner, he goes outside, picks up the bit of broken headlight, sees UFO lights, looks at his watch and 3-4 hours have passed.

It was kind of a whoa moment that adds to the mounting pile of ayy lmao stuff that will hopefully be resolved later.
>>
>>63046604
>ayy lmao stuff that will hopefully be resolved later.
Yeah, sure it will. It's totally not just a completely empty repurposing of something else ripped from a Coens movie.
>>
>>63046604

>Basically you see the clock in the diner, he goes outside, picks up the bit of broken headlight, sees UFO lights, looks at his watch and 3-4 hours have passed.

Fucking neat, thanks broski. It's even funnier because i actually accepted the UFO appearances at face value as writer's postmodern quirks.

>the mounting pile of ayy lmao stuff

This is what you get for watching tv under the influence, was there more references to aliens other than the two appearances and that one voiceover?

I just wish they don't go the postpostmodern way and just leave it unresolved as a just because misenscene moment.
>>
Dumb question, but how is it that ausfags get Fargo for free only a day after the American showing and on-demand?
Is SBS just that based?
>>
>>63043933
They were clearly japanese and they were relevant in 79 america.
>>
>>63045687
Good eye anon
>>
Has the Indian gone rogue? Why didn't he kill the pudgy butcher?
>>
>>63046879
i think uk gets it on netflix the day of
>>
File: 1ftdr6159.jpg (65 KB, 629x540) Image search: [Google]
1ftdr6159.jpg
65 KB, 629x540
>>63038863

>he thinks coalburning whores are deep and intellectual
>>
>>63037512
Is there still a chance hair dresser lesbian will die?
>>
>>63042470

Yes, she confirmed in an interview
>>
>>63048308
It doesn't.
>>
>>63037895

The show lifts all of its music from a handful of Coen brothers movies
>>
>>63049040
Lazy fanwank 2bh
>>
>>63037895
I am really liking this season's soundtrack.

This episode even had Lisa Hannigan
>>
>>63048970

maybe. the seminar is in sioux falls.
>>
>>63038444
Aliens, duh
I wonder where the UFO subplot is going to go
>>
>ted danson's ayy lmao room out of nowhere
>>
>>63046879
I don't understand either
Maybe Angus Sampson is giving it to them
>>
File: 1420855333504.jpg (32 KB, 317x298) Image search: [Google]
1420855333504.jpg
32 KB, 317x298
>tfw never be the breakfast king of loyola
>>
>>63049745
so like those kids are just like toys to them huh
>>
>>63037682
You sound like a really huge faggot.
Maybe one day you'll grow up.
>>
>>63049832
Sampson is a funny bloke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPRh8pDtwLo
>>
>>63046879

It's nice to have but I'd rather download it since the video quality falls apart when it fades in and out.
>>
>>63043202
Too bad that's objectively wrong.
>>
>>63050609
Wrong that fedoras don't like True Detective and Fargo? You are delusion. The fact that both shows were heavily discussed on a board awash with literal redditors and video game players proves you wrong right off the bat. If it gets a lot of threads here then it's fedora pure and simple.
>>
>>63037563
>>63037644
ITT: idiots who are on their phone while the episode is playing
>>
>>63050655
Still wrong. Those shows are for adults who have patience. Both fedora tippers and the modern tumblr audience flock to shit like Who and GoT, sometimes Walking Dead.

Fargo is too normal for them.
>>
>>63038614
just eaten a fat stack of ham sammiches and laughing at this made my stomach hurt
>>
>>63051680
Essential fedora taste is Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Shield True Detective, Fargo. These are shows that let those with adolescent sensibilities feel like they are adults with patients.

Who, Got and TWD are full on facebook level normiecore.
>>
The show is trying too hard to sell Milligan as some sort of philosophical sammy jackson jr badass.
>>
>>63052523
>patients.
Patience. lol I've been posting for 24 hours straight.

But basically if you watch shows that the IMDB generation rate highly then you are the fedora'd video game enabling gentlmen. These shows are the Nolanfinchertino of television.
>>
>>63052562

Thats kind of the point, the KC boss said he was supposed to be a special darky, and so far the Gerharts that matter have pretty much been one step ahead of him
>>
>>63040782
>comparing a film with years between releases to a tv show with a week between releases

yes, you are retarded, the other guy is not (well, maybe he fell for your retard bait)
>>
>>63052701
>Thats kind of the point

>it's shit on purpose

okay then
>>
>>63039352
I thought the undertaker would be Sugar.
>>
>>63045267
>True Detective
the entire second season was it shitting itself
>>
>>63052820
Reading comprehension.
Do you have it?
>>
>>63038577
Malvo is godlike and would slaughter everyone in this season
>>
>>63038550
He's not being portrayed as an invincible Superman at all, though. He's just an excellent detective, tracker and ambusher.
>>
>>63052523
Close, but Fargo and TD are not part of that group.
>>
>>63039491
>Bear, who becomes the Fargo syndicate boss Mr. Tripoli from Season One
Fuck off, this is the most retarded theory ever.
His name is fucking Bear Geirdhart. He's not gonna chance his name to Mr Tripoli. Get over yourself.
>>
>>63045152
>That blow-job rune
>>
I really want to enjoy this season, but it's just not doing anything for me. I'm not sure why.
Introducing so many characters in the first episode didn't really help either, I probably wouldn't have known a few of their names if it weren't for reading stuff online.
>>
>>63045596
Yeah, that was just straight up retarded, especially because Ed ends up escaping.
>>
The truth is that all this ayy lmao shit has no way of working out. Either aliens actually exist (which would be retarded), they're a dumb metaphor that is diluting the point of this show (which would also be retarded) or we'll have a retarded "WERE THEY REAL? WERE THEY NOT? WHO KNOWS?" bullshit, which would just waste everyone's time.

I bet the cancer wife isn't even gonna mention the signs to anyone else and that's the last we'll see of them.
>>
>>63037512
You have to wonder what their getaway plan was.
>>
>>63053319
Bear is an alien, idiot
>>
>>63053142
Who knew that the average tv viewer couldn't handle a show with 13 main characters? Odd.
>>
>>63037622
Why didn't he just shake his hand?
>>
>>63037682
if I were your friend , that would be the last time you saw me.
>>
>>63039292
thanks for the demonstration
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.