[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: file_118510_0_theleftoversart.jpg (200 KB, 640x948) Image search: [Google]
file_118510_0_theleftoversart.jpg
200 KB, 640x948
What went wrong?
>>
>>63036750
Not much
>>
I have masturbated to young Patty last episode, was I the only one?
>>
Is this show even worth watching?

Boohoo, 140 million people vanished. Most of them were probably Chinese so who cares. Also
>from the co-creator of LOST

Yeah, no thanks.
>>
>>63036953
He doesn't like Lost. What a faggot.
>>
>>63036953
>Boohoo, 140 million people vanished
Yeah, this show clearly isn't for you.
>>
>>63036750
Very little, it's a great show
>>
>>63037218
The premise serves no purpose beyond justifying potentially endless character drama.
>>
>>63037247
And how is that an issue?
The show is all about character drama so that seems like a good premise to me
>>
>>63037247
As opposed to what other kind of drama? Situational? Srs question
>>
>>63036750
>What went wrong?

When they dropped the qt chipmunk girl.
>>
>>63036953
this show isnt very good

acting not very good, story not very good

then critics say "IT DOESNT GIVE YOU ANSWERS BECAUSE LIFE DOESNT GIVE YOU ANSWERS - POST-POST-911 GENIUS"

life also doesnt give you smoking cults and dogs turning blood-thirsty because some people disappeared, but i guess that's ok for liindelof-cock suckers
>>
I didn't much care for the 1st season but I'm really enjoying season 2.
>>
>>63037315
>acting isn't very good

1/10 bait since I replied
>>
>>63036953
i didn't like lost much after the first season but this show is really good

a small number of people vanished but it has brought out all these different insecurities in people that make them afraid

the characters feel real and they have a lot of development throughout the show. the acting is top notch too

season 1 was my favorite because it felt so depressing, it was like experiencing the loss that the characters felt and it has this huge build up to the last episode which really pays off
>>
It became LOST.

Instead of being a show grounded in existentialist grief, it resorted to really shitty plot devices like TV-schizophrenia and dream worlds, trying to give the show a more "ambiguous/is it real is it not" feeling, but instead making it feel like a fantasy show.
>>
>>63037289
Because its redundant. if lindelof just wants to do a show about character drama, he should just pitch that, instead of feeling the need to have some idiotic premise that he's already completely botched.
>>
>>63037409
What?
How is it redundant? The premise that people disappeared is the whole reason for the drama, without that everyone's life is normal and there's no drama. I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about that.

Also please explain how it's been botched
>>
>>63037409
metaphors man, how do they work?
>>
>>63037505
He could have just written six feet under 2.0, since that is what hes so desperately trying to imitate here. But he didn't. He had to add some pseudobiblical bullshit to cover his hackery.
>>
>>63037651
>He had to add some pseudobiblical bullshit

well, he is a staunch cathloic
>>
>>63037651
But then that would be a completely different show, what's wrong with trying something different rather than remaking an old show?
>>
>>63037724
Uh, no, it wouldn't. As there is nothing in the character drama that would be changed by the departed dying regular deaths.
>>
>>63036750

Officer Stubbleshades didn't nail his daughter's hot friend in the 1st season. That was the first big mistake.

More seriously, I'm not a fan of Ghost Patti. That was some Dexter Season 2 shit that should have been dropped in the writer's room.

I enjoyed the last episode a lot, but I think it was a bad turn for the show to take overall. It's leaning too far into the mysteriousness-for-its-own-sake shit that turned Lost into a garbage-fire. They'd succeeded in keeping it relatively low-key up until now.
>>
>>63037909
The retarded drunk alternate personality banged her though. As that personality only existed to force stubbleshades into dramatic situations.
>>
>>63037844
so you've never watched the show then?
ok cool
>>
>>63036750
They made a second season.
>>
>>63038166
I watched every episode so far.
>>
>>63038513
then please explain how the cults would all still be there if everyone died normal deaths, because that plays a huge role in the character drama that unfolds.
>>
>>63036750
Literally nothing
>>
>>63038631
>cults don't exist today

>>
File: smoking hot.jpg (40 KB, 636x354) Image search: [Google]
smoking hot.jpg
40 KB, 636x354
>>63036750
What do you mean? It's getting more and more ''right'' every episode. But, if you want a ''wrong'', then I guess, it'd be a pretty big downer if Patti was really gone this time. :( I just love that cigarette-smoking cunt. I wish there was a scene where Kevin's taking a piss while Patti laughs at his dick. That'd make my day.
>>
>>63036750
nothing, s2 is also great
>>
I watched the first season, it was okay. My biggest gripe was the main character, I found him to be a huge douche.
>>
File: leftovers.jpg (429 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.jpg
429 KB, 960x960
season 2 has been infinitely better than season 1

i even hated the new intro at first but now i love it
>>
>>63037651
Have you even seen either show? This is nothing like Six Feet. I am sorry about your obvious mental defects though Mr. Potato Head.
>>
>>63043270
This anon gets it. It started as a strange season with a weird intro song, but it grows on you. The surrealism is fantastic, much stronger season.

Also, top kek at that image. So much meme potential with Leftover's disappearance theme in images. Would make a fine pepe for starters.
>>
>>63037315
>dogs turning blood-thirsty because some people disappeared
what the fuck was that about anyway, seriously why was that mysterious guy and that whole plot never resolved?
>>
>>63041427
>>63036750
I can stomach it now that it's one episode every week ,but catching up, watching season 1 was pretty painful. Season 2 hooked me a lot more.

Any theories on the Caveman(woman) with her son in the intro? Will it lead to something or is this just Lindelof being Lindelof
>>
File: 1434753932569.png (399 KB, 431x413) Image search: [Google]
1434753932569.png
399 KB, 431x413
>>63037409
>>63037651
This and This. Lindelof could've just made a show about some horrible act of terrorism like 9/11 and mined all of the same material, instead he chose this supernatural mystery genre shit because he's a hack that knows it comes with a built in audience.
>>
>>63045837
no it won't come back, jesus christ. patty even compared the disappearance to a cave in last episode. it was a heavy handed metaphor and a nice way to open a season and generate some buzz
>>
>>63046235
No because life is a mystery. The entire world has vastly different opinions on what happens after you die. It's a mystery. Jesus could literally come down from the sky and people would STILL be skeptical.

The Departure extends its metaphor way past disastrous terrorist attacks.
>>
>>63045723
Can someone answer this please?
>>
>>63047036

it was resolved Kevin won the bet
>>
>>63047057
what caused him to want to kill all those dogs? what was the "they're not ours anymore" thing about? This is why the show fails, it's supposed to be this thing where "the mystery can just be real life things happening" but if this was just normal stuff then the characters wouldn't behave this way.
>>
>>63045723
>>63047036
>>63047146

They answer this in S1 - dogs that saw their owners disappear during the Great Departure were driven insane by it and went feral. The mysterious man was just some yokel who hated the GR. It's not really some mystery.

desu the only people who dislike this show seem to be people who 1) don't pay attention or 2) expect everything to be spoon-fed to them.
>>
>>63047146
the dogs snapped after witnessing departures, they weren't possessed or anything, they just were unable to cope with what happened. Kevin managed to tame one of them and won the bet with Locke 0.5.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.