[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie the spiritual successor to 'American Psycho'?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Is this movie the spiritual successor to 'American Psycho'?
>>
>>63032383

No.
>>
>>63032383
>Is this movie the spiritual successor to 'American Psycho'?
no, but it was pretty good anyway.
>>
>>63032383
No, it's the spiritual successor to Drive.
>>
>>63032468
It's nothing like Drive.
>>
more a 'successor' to Taxi Driver than anything else
>>
More to taxi driver
>>
>>63032383
>spiritual successor
no, but i can see why you'd think that.
still, similarities are superficial, although it has more in common with that movie than witch Drive. similarities with Taxi Driver are also present but it would be really silly to call it the 'spiritual successor' of any of those.
>>
>>63033200

He drives!
>>
>>63032383
get this capeshit off my board
>>
It's actually the spiritual successor of Network.
>>
>>63033227
I don't see how.
Sure they were both loners and outcasts, but Travis tried to at least do good, even if his approach and perception were warped.
Lou gave zero fucks about anybody but himself, he was a psychopath.
>>
Terrible movie. Plot holes so wide you could drive a Dodge Challenger strapped to another Dodge Challenger through it. Movie of the week bait masquerading as gritty, signifying SOMETHING high art. Did I mention there's a Dodge Challenger in it?
>>
>>63033586
you could argue bickle wanted to do good, and you could argue he just wanted to be perceived as a hero and a tough guy. See: the mirror monologue.
>>
>>63032383
the compositing on this poster is pretty good
kudos
>>
>>63033586
It bugs me how often Travis Bickle, Lou, and The Driver are compared bc they're loners when there's little in common between them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.