[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So about this new Jar Jar sith lord meme theory. If it was true,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4
File: jarjar[1].jpg (29 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
jarjar[1].jpg
29 KB, 600x338
So about this new Jar Jar sith lord meme theory.

If it was true, how come Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan never sense Jar Jars use of the force? One of the key arguments for the theory is Jar Jars "force jump". This is executed right in the face of the two Jedi, with no other life capable of using the force around, why can't they sense it? Why are they not the least big suspicious or surprised? The first explanation that comes to mind is that Jar Jar clouded their minds with a mind trick, but it's stated at several points throughout the movies that mind tricks only work on the weakminded, and certainly not on a force user.
>>
>implying Sith haven't regularly been shown breaking the rules on what the force can and can't do in the films themselves
So why does nobody realize that Palpatine was using the force? Oh right, because you're a fucking retard
>>
>>63030110

I'm guessing trying to sense the force is an active thing, like straining to hear or stopping to look around. Jar Jar blatantly force jumping in their face kinda disarms them. Like us, they just assume it's a natural ability of this strange aquatic creature. I mean it's like after seeing a retard smearing shit on the walls, would you grow suspicious and hook him up to a lie detector and suspect him of being a psychopathic genius?
>>
>>63030110
its not a force jump. just shitty cgi and directing
>>
>>63030182
Sheev never uses the force straight in the face of powerful Jedi like Jar Jar, provided the theory is correct, does in that scene. The first time we see Sheev straight up use the force is post-reveal, during his assassination.

>>63030227
Maybe, but wouldn't it at least make them a little bit suspicious? In all other movies, the only creatures shown to possess such agility, are jedi. Clearly it's rare as hell.
>>
>>63030289

They don't know anything about this being. Maybe it just has super powerful leg muscles because it swims around all the time. Maybe it's body is really light. I mean you see this thing that looks like a giant frog and you can't believe it can jump? You'd have to be whacked out on midichlorians to be paranoid enough to see force users in every little thing.
>>
>>63030110
This isn't a new theory. I remember reading that theory a long time ago. Apparently some video just started going viral talking about it, but its not a new idea.
>>
>>63030110

How buttmad would people be if Lucas himself came out and confirmed the theory? I fucking wish he would
>>
>>63030466
Until then, at least we've got this.

https://twitter.com/ahmedbest/status/661221044712148993
>>
This theorie has its origin in reddit starwars, so please go back there you retarded underage cancer
>>
>>63030358
But what about the second time Jar Jar force jumps, during the scene where the Jedi and Jar Jar rescue the Naboo soldiers and handmaidens?

These people are natives, surely they would know that Gungans can't effortlessly perform acrobatics like that.
>>
>>63031611
Gungans are all Siths. All of them can do force jump,The Naboo soldiers just thought its their natural ability.
>>
I always thought Jar Jars jump was race related just like how he can swim that far and deep under water without any help or breathing device
>>
>>63030110
Because jar jar was implied to be a sith on the level of yoda, which would be much stronger then qui-gon.
>>
>>63032219
>race
surely you mean species
>>
>>63032412
species and race are literally the same thing
>>
There's no reason that the SW galaxy can't be unlike the ST galaxy. Clearly, Jar Jar is an advanced entity occupying a convenient native specie's body. He could be from another galaxy even and just playing with the humanoid races and their political squabbles just for entertainment, al la Q.

Jar Jar is pure evil and fucks with everyone for the lulz. There is no stopping him.
>>
>>63030789
This is so stupid. Most things come from Reddit anyway, that site has grown while 4chan was left behind bitching and moaning like a paranoid idiot.
Reddit is known as "the front page of the internet" nowadays, so get used to seeing a lot of things coming out of there and being reused on 4chan.
>>
>>63030789
Reddit is a shitty site, but that doesn't mean that we can't discuss something here just because it was written there.

Diamond in the rough, it's called.
>>
As dumb as this theory is, I kind of feel like rewatching the prequel trilogy for the first time in years with it in mind.
>>
>>63030110
You could ask the same about Sheev, but the whole thing was always "clouded" to Jedis.
>>
>>63034085
Nobody physically saw Sheev use anything force related before his big reveal.
>>
>>63030789
This theory is ages old, I remember people talking about it right after the second movie came out, WAY before reddit was even created.
>>
>>63034110
Yeah, but no other creature that's not force-strong does that kind of jump either.
>>
If this theory is correct, it's really fucking sad that George Lucas chickened out because of the initial rejection of Jar Jar by the audience.

On the other hand, it would do very little to fix the prequels, mainly because the actors had no chemistry between them. Sometimes I wonder if they even spoke to each other in the set. Especially Hayden Christensen, it just seems like he memorized his lines on the daily commute to the studio, filmed his part then went straight home without saying anything to anyone. Samuel L Jackson looked really frustrated and fed up in some of the scenes. Natalie Portman is a stuck up bitch. Ewan McGregor was the only one who appeared to be enjoying himself, almost like a happy puppy in an elderly care home, completely oblivious to the fact nobody gave a shit about his excitement and were just waiting for death to come.
>>
Do we ever see any other gungans do this jump, or anything like it?
>>
To the people saying this theory is too dumb, we're talking about the creation of someone that invented names like Sheev, Savage Oppress, Sleazebaggano, Darth Icky and such.
>>
george no
>>
>>63030110
The force jump theory is worthless when you understand the origin of Jar Jar, which was created based on the drawing of a space rabbit by one of Lucas's adopted kids. Rabbits jump.
>>
>>63030478
Is this seriously his profile? I've always thought he might be literally retarded but this seals the deal

>Ahmed BEst
>that header picture
>>
>>63037741
>joined march 2009

Doubt someone would make a fake account that long ago and still be active.
>>
>>63037741
>>63037809
https://twitter.com/ahmedbest/status/661245185452474368

Wow.
>>
>>63038142
Jar Jar's Great Adventure actually was a working title for ep2, sort of a codename before they came up with the real title.
>>
File: 1403215362957.jpg (32 KB, 478x457) Image search: [Google]
1403215362957.jpg
32 KB, 478x457
It is just another retarded theory
>jar jar is the evil counterpart of yoda
>yoda can't sense his powers
>>
>>63030110
it is stated several times, that in the event of a sith lord doing shit, it severely clouds the use of the force in the jedi

also,
>snoke is jar jar
>>
>>63038142
Is he trying to pass that off as serious in response to the claims?

It just seems like such a stupid thing to do, I'd figure he's being tongue in cheek but I seriously think he's got some sort of learning disability, I can't stop laughing at his giant artifacted nose at the top of his profile
>>
>>63038220
It definitely has some basis, Jar Jar does act strange when not in focus and has a lot of very subtle, minor, sinister movements that are surprising considering that he's entirely CGI, meaning that every single tiny move he makes is deliberate. He does also express precognative abilities, and his moves in the battle at the end are very calculated.

I don't think it goes as deep as Jar Jar being some kind of supreme overlord of the Sith, beyond ever Palpatine, though. And I think the whole idea was completely scrapped with ep2.
>>
>>63038194
>>63038264
I fucking hope Jar Jar is revealed to be Snoke.
Why the fuck else would they have Andy Serkis playing Snoke?

Think, who's a character that would be motioncapped these days?
>>
>>63030466
I wish he would, that way I could hate him more for droping an important plot point based on the audiences reaction to the first movie.
>>
>>63034343
i dont understand why you fucking mongs insist on saying his acting is bad.

His character is that of a very powerful man undergoing a constant battle within himself

>LEL HIS ACTING IS SHIT DUUUudE

kill yourself, he nailed it
>>
>>63037489
His kids were responsible for jarjar? No wonder he hates them and doesn't care they are fat and will die by 40.
>>
>>63038355
>His character is that of a very powerful man undergoing a constant battle within himself

You can play that without going twilight level teen angst mode.
>>
>>63038355
This.
The socially awkward detached thing is how that character would have actually been.
>>
>>63038502
Can you, how many fucking hit movies have you wrote, you fucking fedora
>>
>>63038325
I do have a theory of my own regarding Naboo and the Gungans, though. The gungans are worshippers of some form of gods, and Jar Jar implies they are directly speaking to him. We know Gods per se don't really exist in star wars, there is only the force. It is also clear that there has been other intelligent species on Naboo than the Naboo themselves and the Gungans; the "Sacred Place" of the gungans is riddled with the remains of statues of near-humans, and ruins.

Naboo always seemed sort of untamed and scary to me, a beautiful place to look at from the safety of the cities, but every scene outside a settlement sets this tone of worrying hostility. It's out there and I realise the proof is not exactly overwhelming, but what if Naboo was a Sith world long ago? The statues and ruins carry great importance to the Gungan religion, maybe they're the remains of the old Sith civilization? Powerful, highly advanced force-using beings that seemed divine and otherworldly to the primitive, pre-tech gungans. We know that Palpatine had some knowledge of the dark side before Plagueis found him, enough for Plagueis to sense his potential and come to Naboo. How does a force sensitive learn of the dark side and gain basic proficiency without a master or any sort of jedi training? Holocrons, left in the ruins.

What if the Jar Jar theory is true, but he's not a powerful Sith Lord? What if he's merely a pawn of Palpatine? What if this is what Jar Jar meant when he told Qui-Gon that them meeting and traveling together was the will of the Gods? Palpatine appeared to him, looking and acting the part, using force abilities legendary to the gungans and recognized as divine power, he convinced the young gungan Jar Jar that he had been personally contacted by the Gods, and manipulated him into acting as a spy and a tool.
>>
Who actually wants this to be true?
Who really wants Snoke to be revealed to be Jar Jar?
>>
>>63038912
I'm expecting a trainwreck regardless, so a trainwreck with a hilarious twist is an improvement.
>>
>>63038912
I want it just to see how butthurt the SW community gets.
>>
>>63030110
Litteral example of meming a joke to death.
>>
>>63030110
>yfw a sith actually was mind controlling jar binks
>>
>>63030110
he was a big frog
>>
>>63038547
go to bed George...
>>
>>63030110

BIG
>>
GUNGAN
>>
PINK
>>
SLIPS
>>
>>63038912
Considering how much his species looks like a snake and how most of them were whiped out in the war it is possible.
>>
>>63038609
This seems plausible at least
>>
>>63030110
What if Jarjar is actually a jizz-wailer?
>>
File: Large-Northern-Pike[1].jpg (32 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
Large-Northern-Pike[1].jpg
32 KB, 500x234
>>63040641
Snoek is Dutch for the Northern Pike fish.

Snoek is pronounced Snoke.

The parallel to Dutch specifically might seem random and tinfoily, until you remember that the name Vader also comes from Dutch, meaning Father.

Does the Northern Pike look familiar to you?
>>
>>63038325
>movements that are surprising considering that he's entirely CGI
You expect them to leave JarJar there motionless until he has to do something? You are fucking retarded.
Of course JarJar moves and does stuff while he's not in focus, just like a person moves and does stuff at any given time.
Of all the shit said about this shitty theory "JarJar moves! ANd he's CGI so every move is intended!" is the most retarded argument.
>>
>>63040920
Idle movement isn't the same as lipsyncing and moving in unison with characters doing out of character things.
>>
>>63040975
>lipsyncing
Herewegoagain. Post the video. You can see in both clips that the so-called lipsyncing stops halfway in.

>moving in unison
I don't even know where he moves in unison with someoneelse.
>>
>>63041168
you type like an angry redditor
>>
>>63038609
This seems a bit more plausible, as Binks the Local Retard is easily suckered into doing shit for other people, or am I the only one that remembers this line?

>"If only Senator Amidala were here..."
>>
>>63042633
I remember it.
There were other people in the room though, so it might have been a show.
>>
>>63030110
>dood that character moved his hands while talking
>TOTALLY A SITH LARD LOLOL
>>
>>63030110
im really upset they didnt go with the jar jar sith thing.

shit could have saved the prequels now that i think about it
>>
>>63030289
Look at Watto, his entire species is apparently immune to jedi mind tricks. It probably happens often
>>
>>63042441

this theory is literally from reddit, moron
>>
>>63030289
Terrellian Jango-Jumpers from The Clone Wars animated series can jump as good as Jedi.
>>
>>63033053
so sad desu senpai it used to be the other way around. kek kekold.
>>
WE REDDIT NAO
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.