[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the appeal of this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: StewartLee.jpg (102 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
StewartLee.jpg
102 KB, 400x450
What's the appeal of this guy?
>>
You'd have to ask someone with a kek shed, desu senpai.
>>
He understands and satirises stand up comedy better than most other comedians.

You should stick with Peter Kay and Michael McIntyre
>>
>>63029319
Sam Hyde does it better
>>
>>
*lengthy pause*

Now,
>>
File: 1441929129382.jpg (67 KB, 842x737) Image search: [Google]
1441929129382.jpg
67 KB, 842x737
>>63030251
>>
I find his style of humour really funny, especially when he goes after other comedians or comedy in general

I wish he would rein it in a bit when it comes to his political stuff though, I mean he does reference the fact that he is being an insufferable trendy lefty and pokes fun at himself for it, but even takkng that into account it gets a bit tiring

still he is a funny guy
>they should get Max Hardcore out of jail to reverse cowgirl Osama on the White House lawn
>>
Who? General Ratko Mladic?

He's let himself go, mind.
>>
>>63028990

What's the appeal of posting Bane memes over and over?

IThey're the same
>>
>>63030408

He makes fun of lefties a lot too, in Season 3 of his show.
>>
Dont make me Ang Lee.
You wouldnt like me when im Ang Lee.
>>
Seriously? The Smiths were GOAT

Morrissey is not aging well though.
>>
i hate standup comedy so i like making people who like it watch him, because he's not funny and because nobody else is funny either
>>
He's very funny.

I like Richard Herring as well. His podcast is great.
>>
>>63030626
Which one? He does 11. RHLSTP.
>>
>'man i hate it when comedians inject politics into their comedy'
>proceeds to watch sam hyde and read breitbart and follow milo on twitter
/pol/ keks everyone
>>
>>63030719
milo's not a comedian, are you high

also i think you'll find that loads more people specifically hate when liberals inject politics into their comedy, because liberals are fucking insufferable. this is not hypocritical in any way, if you were wondering
>>
>>63030408

I'm right wing as fuck but I don't recall Stew ever getting soapboxy about anything.
>>
>>63028990
He make's himself available for hatred and he's a very intelligent comedian
>>
>>63030719
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>63028990
He's funny
>>
File: Dawn_of_War_box_art.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Dawn_of_War_box_art.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>63031016

"Whom" are you quoting.
>>
>>63030523
He looks really fat too.
>>
>>63030719
that unfunny kekservative for founded vice
>>
>>63030970
his refugees bit is completely retarded
>>
>>63031509
>for
*who
>>
>>63031455
Damn bro, you showed him.
>>
>>63028990
I've met this guy briefly a couple times, him and my uncle were quite good friends about 6 or 7 years ago
I haven't ever been to see him doing stand up live, but I've watched his show a few times and it was pretty amusing
>>
>>63031521
What did he say?
>>
I saw his standup on netflix and it was fucking terrible. That fuck would get booed off the stage in the US.
>>
>>63031548

He synonymised high levels immigration with civilisational progress using revisionist whig history for 10 minutes and called UKIP bigots for not wanting to be flooded with violent third world rapist scum.
>>
Phrases things well, makes good observations about how shit and predictable most stand up comedy is. Clever satire like the top gear stuff. Obviously gives a shit enough to craft his material with all backs and through lines. Brave enough to do material that many people won't appreciate and then mock them for it.

By far the best comedian the world has ever seen.

>>63031682

>american stand up audiences
>good judges of intelligent comedy

Don't know whether to mock you or shove you up my ass.
>>
>>63030970
his more recent stuff

although like I said he isn't so bad because he makes fun of himself all the time

meanwhile Frankie Boyle will make a joke about Jordans retarded son and then go cry on twitter about racism
>>
>>63031984

Your comics are terrible, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>63031984
mock, you should definitely mock him
>>
LITTLE
>>
File: tumblr_nedcb67PCQ1rgsczto1_500.jpg (85 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nedcb67PCQ1rgsczto1_500.jpg
85 KB, 500x375
>>63028990
you can convince yourself you're better than other people
>>
>>63031984
>Clever satire like the top gear stuff
whinging about hamster hammond for 20 minutes is satire now?
>>
>>63032019
>cry on twitter about racism
when did that happen?
>>
>>63031521
That was about immigration and before the refugee crisis. Do you know the definition of refugee?
>>
>>63031984
It's honestly mindblowing just how bad American stand-up is.

Absolute garbage like fucking Michael Mcintyre and his straight-to-DVD sets are better than any current mainstream American comic.

I'd say I've seen maybe a handful of actually decent American comedians, and the only one left in America today is Sam Hyde. 2070 Paradigm Shift and the Twitter comedy show are some of the best sets I've seen from the country.
>>
>>63030970
Saw him in January and in 2013, he makes some low-brow UKIP jokes and multicultural jokes which weren't funny. But he doesn't stay on the topic for long so it's not too bad and like the other poster has said, Stew does mock his own audience for being smug lefty cunts.
>>
>>63032194
Bill Burr is proper funny and so is the ginger kekman.
>>
>>63032194
Sam Hyde's standup is fucking dire.
>>
>>63028990
He's really funny.
>>
>>63028990
he's the only britbongistani 'comedian' that doesn't crossdress as part of his act so britkeks think they can use him as an example of 'superior' 'english' 'comedy'
>>
>>63032325
Neither of those people are even remotely funny.

>>63032326
I'd say he's far more of a performance artist than the traditional "joke into joke" progression. His actual standup isn't anything great, but it's the context that elevates it to a much greater level.
>>
File: milo.jpg (635 KB, 2048x1489) Image search: [Google]
milo.jpg
635 KB, 2048x1489
>>63030719
you don't want to kiss Milo's succulent lips?
>>
>>63032165
>Do you know the definition of refugee?
Yes; that's how I know the vast majority of these people aren't refugees.
>>
>>63031832

I guess you're right, but it was a legitimately funny bit.

I don't think people are ready for the red pill that Romans, Vikings, Normans, Angles etc. earned their place here through asserting dominance through conquest.
>>
>>63033384
>it was a legitimately funny bit

It was funny and even though I am a far-right sperg, I was still laughing despite raging inside at how evil and manipulative the whole thing was.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2firijxQOo

>unfunny observations
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
>more unfunny observations
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>2015
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>unfunny comment
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
>>
>>63032808
I want to wipe his smug grin from his face with a baseball bat. That literal faggot is the reason everyone thinks GamerGate is some neocon circlejerk.
>>
>>63033450
>'I don't get it'

thanks for sharing anon
>>
>>63033450
it's cool if something is beyond you mate. no need to be bitter about it.
>>
I think he's really great.
>>
>>63033384
>I don't think people are ready for the red pill that Romans, Vikings, Normans, Angles etc. earned their place here through asserting dominance through conquest.

What about the Huguenots?

How far back should we go when it comes to ethnically cleansing our homeland?

Clearly you think new arrivals from a thousand years ago are fine.

What about a hundred years ago? Evict and deport all those of Irish descent?

What about fifty? Evict and deport all those who came from the colonies?
>>
>>63033450
this was a great show. i hadn't seen or heard anything about stewart lee since the 90s/ very early 00s so when he came out with this is felt like an amazing comeback. and he's been doing great with comedy vehicle. Best comedy show on tv in the uk these days.
>>
>>63034176

N.Irish and colony bros deserve(d) to be here, it's only fair. Ideally, the British Empire would still be expanding today.
>>
Has he put anything out since carpet remnant world?
>>
>>63034545
You haven't seen his BBC show? It's just 3 hours or so of stand-up, basically the bits that worked well on tour without the bits that didn't. There's no real need for a DVD release of the tour because it's all in the show.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.