[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars TFA rated PG-13 by MPAA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: CUnQ2RfUEAAVzOr.jpg (87 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
CUnQ2RfUEAAVzOr.jpg
87 KB, 600x776
https://twitter.com/FilmRatings/status/669295651922964480
>>
What were all the other ones rated?
>>
>>63030584
PG with the exception of ROTS being pg13
>>
>>63030584
all PG except of Episode III
>>
>>63028898
fucking trash,tickets canceled
>>
>>63028898
TOO MUCH BBC
>>
>>63028898
You have to understand that if the originals were released today they would be PG13 too.
>>
>>63030921
I'm surprised the first two episodes were rated PG in the first place. Jango got his head cut off and Anakin loses his hand.
>>
>>63030921
No they wouldn't. The violence is extremely tame.
>>
did anyone expect something else?
>>
>>63028898
>muh free speech amendments
>censors films
>>
>>63030966
Not a single drop of blood came from either and Jango's head could very well have just been his helmet.
>>
>>63031082
this is a rating system, has nothing to censoring

its up to the studio if they want to censor stuff to get a better rating for maximum sheckels
>>
>>63031019
>A boy's aunt and uncle being reduced to skeltons
>A warmonger who destroys planets and strangles his subordinates
>A very transparent portrayal of WWII fascism
>Populous planets being obliterated

If it was animated, maybe, but PG-13 would make sense
>>
>>63031146
All of that shit was either too conceptional, or I didn't understand the violence. People let their children watch it all the time.
>>
>Rated R for strong bloody violence, a scene of violent sexual content, language and some graphic nudity
>a scene of violent sexual content
>some graphic nudity
big black dingus confirmed
>>
>>63031019

Most '70s-era PG rated films would probably get PG-13 today. Some would even get R (Jaws comes to mind). It was a much broader rating before PG-13 was added, and definitely skewed towards the more mature. Really, splitting the rating was the wrong thing to do, they should have just clarified it.
>>
>rated R for brief violence
>>
so is this a good sign then?
>>
>>63031019
Luke's hand getting chopped off is enough.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.