[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chiraq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: EWreviewer.png (597 KB, 580x630) Image search: [Google]
EWreviewer.png
597 KB, 580x630
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGTuuj-aTJs

I don't get it. Is it supposed to be a comedy, drama or some preachy social commentary? Also why the fuck is Amazon distributing this.
>>
File: what's a nubian.jpg (13 KB, 196x259) Image search: [Google]
what's a nubian.jpg
13 KB, 196x259
What's a Nubian?
>>
the important thing is that even though it's a black director and black actors, it's bad somehow, and it's DEFINITELY the fault of the people running hollywood: the whites
>>
Confused the fuck out of me. One second it looked like some kind of comedy then the next GUNZ R BAD because I guess they convince black people to shoot eachother?
>>
File: adjani.jpg (47 KB, 613x463) Image search: [Google]
adjani.jpg
47 KB, 613x463
>a spike lee joint
>>
aren't black people completely offended by this?

>all black men can do is kill each other and fuck and if pussy is withheld they will stop killing each other because they are dumb apes
>>
Aus bantz reminds of of pong.
>>
File: 07activision-web1-superJumbo.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
07activision-web1-superJumbo.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>all those downvotes
>>
>Lysistrata (/laJˈsJstrətə/ or /ˌlJsəˈstrɑːtə/; Attic Greek: Λυσιστράτη, "Army Disbander") is a comedy by Aristophanes. Originally performed in classical Athens in 411 BCE, it is a comic account of one woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War. Lysistrata persuades the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace—a strategy, however, that inflames the battle between the sexes. The play is notable for being an early exposé of sexual relations in a male-dominated society. The dramatic structure represents a shift away from the conventions of Old Comedy, a trend typical of the author's career.[2] It was produced in the same year as the Thesmophoriazusae, another play with a focus on gender-based issues, just two years after Athens' catastrophic defeat in the Sicilian Expedition.

I'm actually interested.
>>
>>63027518
Why are black people degrading themselves like this?
>>
>>63028713
>Be black.
>Complain about cultural appropriation.
>Complain about the fact that blacks aren't given a voice in media.
>Complain about the fact that the white narrative is the only narrative being pushed.
>Become a director and finally get a chance to produce something original that sheds light on your people and their struggle as you see them.

>Proceed to steal from the Greeks in a really obvious way that's not only in poor taste, but also manages to insinuate that the only things that a black man cares about are pussy and guns. To, in essence, make out that they're worse than apes and need to undergo some adult form of toilet training in order to even stand a chance at being functioning members of society.

BRAVO SPIKE LEE BRAVO
>>
>>63027047
I'd take it more seriously if they knew how to pronounce "Iraq".
>>
>>63027047
Spike Lee is like the Al Sharpton of films
>>
>>63027047
>Faggot who doesn't know Lysistrata

PLEBS.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HOLY FUCK
>>
>>63029163
fuck off back to /lit/
>>
>>63029048
>>Proceed to steal from the Greeks in a really obvious way that's not only in poor taste
Why is it in poor taste? Why is it stealing?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4594834/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2
It's literally mentioned in the imdb text that it is based on the play.

I have no doubt that the movie is going to suck, but I see nothing wrong in doing an adaptation of a Greek play.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.