[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many fucking awful gimmicky transitions? There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
Why are there so many fucking awful gimmicky transitions? There's no consistency, it's like a 10 year old picking every transition on a powerpoint slide show
>>
>>63026136
Part of the charm.
>>
>>63026149

Do people accept it's tacky and campy or try and defend it as cinematic excellence?
>>
what the fuck kind of autist pays attention to transitions instead of enjoying the film
>>
>>63026136
>there is no consistency

Every transition has a meaning to the context of the scenes around it. If you don't believe me, look it up.
>>
See: Japanese Cinema.
The Seven Samurai and The Hidden Fortress.
>>
>>63026157
Are you fucking kidding? Of course it is tacky. It is also great.
>>
>>63026340

Just had to check, this last week was my first time watching star wars properly (not paying attention as a kid doesn't count) and I know how autists can be
>>
>>63026136
Who do you think they're marketing the movie to?
>>
Homage to kurosawa and others
>>63026175
Fuck off, this isn't plebbit
>>
>>63026404

yeah it is
>>
>>63026175

They are literally a distraction, your eyes are drawn towards them

An instant cut or a cross fade wouldn't have the same problem
>>
Kurosawa
>>
Annuda star swipe
>>
It's paying homage to older movies that had wipes like that. I think the old flash gordans had them
>>
>>63026356
Transgender black kids.
>>
>>63026136
Google "Seinfeld Is Unfunny," OP
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.