[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was never a fan of Star Wars, but all the shilling for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: Star_Wars.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I was never a fan of Star Wars, but all the shilling for the new movie has got me interested, which is the best order to watch the saga in?
>>
Release order. All other orders are false and pretend.
>>
New Hope -> Empire Strikes Back -> Return of the Jedi
>>
>>63025935

This, no reason watching them chronologically seeing as how they don't fucking match up at all.

Fucking Lucas.
>>
IV > V > II > III > VI
>>
Don't watch it. Be a true patrician.
Liking Star Wars is very Reddit.
>>
>>63025907
you needed to make your own thread? you couldn't ask this fucking question in one of the 20 other star fags threads up at the moment? fuck you.
>>
File: pleb.jpg (108 KB, 1181x897) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
108 KB, 1181x897
>>63025953
I'm part of the gilded gentry and we regularly watch pleb films for our amusement.
>>
>>63025935
I agree, release order is the best. Preserves all the dramatic beats, and the prequels have lots of references to the originals so you'll pick up on those better.

If you don't know what that means: IV, V, VI, I, II, III

>>63025949
I tried this order recently and it doesn't work at all. Going from Episode II to Episode V is very jarring. I imagine it'd be even worse for a first-time viewer. Don't follow this order OP.
>>
>>63025939
only correct answer
>>
>>63025997
That's fair enough then. As long as you watch it ironically. Also has to be with several others. Make sure you take notes about how bad it is.
>>
>>63026005
*Episode V to Episode II
>>
>>63025907
I II III IV V VI

don't listen to these autists
>>
Just get the ~20 gb harmy despecialized star wars ep 4. Dont be a faggot op. Watch the best.
>>
>>63025907
machete order

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/
>>
>>63026200
This
Works perfectly.
And watch the fight at the end of phantom menace too. That's by far the best fight
>>
>>63025907
Fucking hell I love star wars but how many times does this thread have to be made? Kill yourself OP.
>>
release order

anything thing else is just people being memesters
>>
>>63026246
>Works perfectly.
>from great cliffhanger to awful love story
>>
>>63025907
Personally I'd say release order for a first viewing, though I see the merits of machete order, I've just never done it that way.
>>
>>63025935
/thread
>>
>>63025953
>>63025997
>>63026017
Trekkies pls go, Star Wars is literally a kino
>>
>>63025949
you sound like a retard please just kill yourself.
>>
>>63025907

Just the old movies in release order. If you still have a craving for star wars after that you can subject yourself to the prequels if you want but they are pretty much irrelevant and won't add anything to your enjoyment of the new movie, if you get any enjoyment out of it at all.
>>
>>63025907
Never seen any star wars film ama
>>
>>63025939
this, and skip the prequels. I'm not even kidding, just watch the old ones.
>>
>>63027212
How are you?
>>
>>63025935

Fucking this. Always watch things in whatever order they were released.
>>
>>63027256
Little bit cold desu
>>
IV - V - VI

Watch the prequels if you feel like you have to. III is an acceptable movie, although still riddled with boring talk scenes, forced romance and plotholes. I and especially II are just fucking awful.
>>
its just a meme to dislike the prequels, dont say you didnt love them when they came out
>>
IV > V > VI > clone wars (animated) > clone wars (TV series) > rebels.
>>
>>63025907
4,5,6,3. Skip 1 and 2.
>>
>>63025907
Star Wars -> Star Wars Holiday Special -> The Empire Strikes Back -> Return of the Jedi -> Ewoks TV movies.
If you hate yourself enough to sit through the Ewok adventures then you're ready for the prequels. You can then safely watch those in order of release.
>>
There really is no reason to watch the prequels whatsoever, so I'd suggest 456 and stopping there. But if you really really have to watch the prequels (in which case why the fuck do you want to watch objectively bad movies) then try the machete order, I'm interested in seeing how it would effect someone. But if you find the prequels that annoying just skip to episode 6, you won't miss anything.
>>
>>63027456
Actually, I thought about it a little more and the machete order might be really cool. Just now that the prequels are not very good movies, and if you find them too cumbersome then you won't miss all that much by skipping them.
>>
>>63027338
I did.

But I was also a fucking kid, anon.
>>
>>63026200
Try this.

But don't read the article, that'll ruin it because you get everything important spoiled.

Just watch IV V II III VI
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.