[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Part II so ridiculous compared to the other two? Everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: griff.jpg (54 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
griff.jpg
54 KB, 620x348
Why is Part II so ridiculous compared to the other two? Everyone seems to be grossly overacting it's not funny.
>>
>>63024977
>implying everyone wasn't grossly overacting in all of them
>>
>>63024977
Part II and III were filmed back to back, and after Part II got lukewarm reviews and underperformed at the BO, some hasty reshoots and editing were done on Part III to improve its quality.
Speilberg weighed in on III and the result was a stronger film. Zemeckis is a very uneven director.
>>
>people ITT implying III was better than II
I think I'm gonna be sick.
>>
the overacting accentuates the insanity of the far flung future setting. bravo robert.
>>
>>63025958
Part II is actually fucking great though. it's one of the most consistent film series.

>>63026025
this, it's supposed to be bizarre.
>>
Because the actors are aware they're a part of an extremely popular IP.
>>
the costumes and face tats are what's ridiculous here. i mean he's literally wearing a meat tenderizer with a chin strap on his head
>>
I'm happy for ya, and Imma let you finish, but Back to the Future II is the greatest movie of all time!

Also: If it were rebooted, it would be called Back II the Future, and I would kill myself.
>>
>>63024977
It's supposed to be over the top because it was an over the top prediction of what 2015 would be like.

Lile the Cubs winning the World Series, and we saw how that turned out.
>>
>>63026073
it's making fun of punk fashion from the 80s.
>>
>>63026166
Fuckin' Cubbies
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>63026130
>making a kanye reference 6 years after the fact
>>
>>63024977
have you not seen people nowadays?
>>
>>63024977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ULjJ3EqyY

Enjoy c
>>
File: 1440789081016.jpg (64 KB, 780x589) Image search: [Google]
1440789081016.jpg
64 KB, 780x589
>>63026391
>making a kanye reference 6 years after the fact
>It hasn't been 6 years
>Holy shit it really has been 6 years
Where has the time gone?
>>
>tfw you'll never live in 2015
>>
>>63026391
It's old enough that it's a hip vintage meme now instead of just being dated.
>>
>>63024977
>>
>>63024977
>implying its ridiculousness wasn't a good thing
>>
>>63025958
You do know Zemeckis was forced by universal pictures to make parts II and III because I was so popular.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.