[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg (940 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg
940 KB, 2000x1000
Reminds me of Veronica Mars, just, absent the things that made Veronica Mars so good.
>>
File: 1267697098295.jpg (45 KB, 347x346) Image search: [Google]
1267697098295.jpg
45 KB, 347x346
>>63022989
Jessica Jones is pretty good tbqh senpai

>yfw Jessica Jones BLACKED
>>
>>63022989
Why did they get such an ugly looking lead?
>>
>>63023075
because you have bad taste
>>
I watched the first 30 minutes and stopped it to do something else, never went back to it

DD was better
>>
>>63023075

because she's John Ritter daughter and everyone felt bad for her after her dad died
>>
>>63023213
>John Ritter daughter
>John Ritter starred as the dad in Problem Child
>Kristen Ritter is LITERALLY the problem child
>>
File: 02103070563_67b8_1280.jpg (294 KB, 1078x720) Image search: [Google]
02103070563_67b8_1280.jpg
294 KB, 1078x720
Then give iZombie a watch
>>
>>63022989

it was like veronica mars if it had a lead that can't fucking act
>>
>Veronica Mars without qt Kristen Bell

d
r
o
p
p
ed
>>
File: tumblr_m4wzyfkr1R1qbc7czo1_500.png (690 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4wzyfkr1R1qbc7czo1_500.png
690 KB, 500x730
>Krysten and Kat will never torture your balls
>>
>>63023058
It's not bad it's just stylistically confused. It occasionally tries to do the PI noir thing, then forgets about it entirely to be a more standard drama.
>>
>>63022989
Killgrave, Nuke, and Cage were the only good things about Jessica Jones.

I'm all about suspension of disbelief but she just made every shitty fucking choice possible, letting a fucking mass murdering sociopath who could walk into the white house and order Obongo to shoot nukes wherever he feels like live because MUH GOTTA SAVE THE COLLEGE GRILL ITS MUH FAULT over and over was fucking stupid, she got jobbed left and right by fucking normal humans, etc.

Decent story but terrible main character. hearing Luke Cage say 'Sweet Christmas' a few times was awesome, and exploring a villain with mind control was fun but the rest was shit
>>
>>63023075

bedbreaking sex?

i'm surprised people haven't posted the webms of the bedbreaking sex yet. ahh well if they dont show up in this one (as it's still pretty shilly in here) they'll be in tomorrow's thread or saturday's or sunday A or sunday B's..... just look for that unmistakable proper promo image in the OP!
>>
>>63022989

Why did it take them so fucking long to realize they could use ear buds/headphones to just not hear Kilgrave? Seriously, what the fuck?
>>
What's with all the lesbians in this show ?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-25-18h58m10s977.png (176 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-25-18h58m10s977.png
176 KB, 624x352
>80 pound girl applies 300 pounds of downward force to a marble sink
>Sink goes down; girl doesn't go up
>>
>>63026621
>superheromagicsempai
>>
>>63023935
Truth. Couldnt decide if it wanted to be noir, superhero or drama.
>>
>Veronica Mars was good
When will this meme die?
>>
At least I got to see david tennant, I hope he will show up in future marvel movies.
>>
>>63028922
First season was the best crime show of the 00s. Not even a question.
>>
>>63028961
Well thanks for telling me that because that's the only season I watched.
>>
>it's a noir detective show where the only real elements of noir is crammed in jazz music and narration
>it's a sexually charged take on superhero drama but there's no nudity and all the sex scenes are bland
>it's an up and down romance story of luke and jessica but the actors have absolutely no chemistry and it's not built up correctly
>it's an action drama with terrible clunky action scenes
>it has an incredibly interesting villain but they do only the most basic things with his powers
>kristen ritter is okay but falls apart in anything even approaching an action scene
>the guy playing luke has no charisma and just seems flat and out of place constantly
>literally no other good characters and all the other actors are terrible

I'm at episode 7 and I'm honestly forcing myself to watch it at this point, why are so many people saying it's great?
>>
Never heard of this superhero, what can she do?
>>
>>63022989
Fucking dropped when the shoehorned in blacked scene started
>>
File: constantine.jpg (277 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
constantine.jpg
277 KB, 1600x1200
can anyone define noir
Because for me its something like:
main detective character is an alcoholic
world shown as terrible place
lose tie

Was constantine noir?
>>
>>63029217
Lift heavy things and swear like a sailor. She also has a super powered liver.
>>
>>63029189
The noir shit was bullshit agreed
The sex was bland sure but its got the first time someone has actually said rape in a capeshit movie.
Gotta disagree with you about Luke and Jess, Ritter didnt seem that into it but Luke's actor made me fuckin believe it.
The action scenes get fuckloads better, they did suck total ass for a while, but action isnt the focus like it is for daredevil
Ritter was by far the worst actor amongst the main characters
Luke was fucking awesome
And you don't like Kilgrave? fuck man if you dont like Kilgrave just stop. Its not worth it.
>>
>>63029239
Noir is crime fiction where the main thrust of the movie isnt about solving the mystery or beating up the bad guy, its navigating the shit of the world. Constantine the movie isnt noir because when he beats the badguy everything is shiny and happy goodtimes. Real noir is all about the tiny victories.
>>
>>63022989
literally nothing happens the entire show. shitty fight scenes and shit acting outside of tennant.
>>
>>63029308
of course I like tennant and the character but I'm seven episodes in and he's been on screen for maybe fifteen minutes total and most of it is just glaring at pictures of jessica, I'm assuming they use him more as it goes on but it's just dragging so badly
>>
>>63029239
Blade Runner was noir-ish

You're gonna need to go back to when they actually made noir movies though if you really want to know

Try Kiss Me Deadly or something
>>
>>63022989

Purpleman is one of your favorite villains.
His face is not purple ok i can deal with it for a show normies would probably dislike it.
They call him Killgrave the entire show. Never once call him Purpleman.
I now have to put up with threads and posts forever calling him Killgrave and not Purpleman.

I think im in hell.
>>
>>63023213

Ok John "Garry" Ritter.

Loved that guy in 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter.
>>
>>63029363
yknow what, This.
This is why this show sucks worse than DD.
Daredevil had a story arc that had philosophical ramifications. Everyone changed. It asked questions, answered them and then lived with those answers.

>Is vigilante justice good?
Its the only way to fight corruption
>Is the law worth supporting
its damaged and imperfect but we can make it work
>Is it ok to kill?
To seek to take a life is evil, and prevents true progress, though sometimes taking a life is necessary in self defense

Jessica Jones just had
>Theres a bad guy. We should stop him.

Which is a shame because its so easy to have an arc in this show
>Do friends make you weaker or stronger?
they could have picked an answer but instead it was "i dunno, they kinda help but they kinda get in the way and fuck man i dunno
>What should we do when the police are ineffective, not corrupt, just ineffective
The answer could be 'take the law into your own hands' or 'support the system make it stronger' instead it was 'do whatever the fuck you want and then lie to the cops because telling the truth is hard'
The obvious one was even
>Is it ok to kill a man when there is not other way, even if he is helpless against you?
Simpson was right they had to kill Kilgrave but him trying to killGrave was treated as bad, even though they killedGrave. I mean fuck what am i supposed to take from this show? Mind Control is bad?

Thats just a few. There are so many
>>
>>63022989
Best parts of the show is
>All these ass shots
>Kristen Rytter being a 10/10 qt
>Kilgrave

Worst parts are
>The neighbors
>Kilgrave's powers being a virus that is also transmittable through a TV-screen
>how it lost its noir-feel in the middle of the season

It's still a pretty enjoyable show though.
>>
>>63029378
Well you're in for a treat next episode then. I wouldn't be surprised if you're trolling because ep 8 makes it all worth it
>>63029402
Well in the show he doesn't have purple skin so that would be ridiculous. Purple Man sounds ridiculous
>>
>>63029402
...his name is Purple Man. Its like the worst name ever. His superpower is mind control, he is a diabolical master mind who has done more to fuck up heroes than most cosmic threats. And they name him based on his colouring.

Now lets look at 'Kilgrave' as his name in the show. It sounds supervillainy sure, but more importantly its made up and sounds like a 12 year old on Call of Duty...which is basically what the character is. Whether or not you like the interpretation one name actually has thematic links to the character and the other...doesnt
>>
>like 9 sex scenes in the first 3 or 4 episodes

thats how I knew this lacked substance, I mean aside from being capeshit.
>>
>>63029512

Because hes literally fucking purple its an insulting name like if people just called Thanos a grapefruit. But he embraces the fucking name.

Marvel again seems to shy away from things like this but DC FUCK IT HERES CAPTAIN COLD AND HE LOVES HIS FUCKING NAME. Gorilla Grodd and Fucking King Shark were in a TV show in 2015 but we can't have him called Purpleman once.
>>
>>63029663

They couldn't even make him be purple, at best you got some purple veins for two seconds.
>>
>>63029694

See shit like this makes me get concerned how they treat Iron Fist and Dr Strange.
>>
>>63029663
Why the fuck does it matter? Waaaa my mind control villains skin is the wrong colour fuck.
>>
a bloo bloo, hes not purple! bloobloo bloo
>>
>daredevil was better
JJ is no masterpiece but DD is garbage. Hopefully Punisher can save it but they'll probably fuck up Frank like they always do in live action shit.
>>
File: blacked.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
blacked.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
Im so glad i watched Jessica Jones.

It's so refreshing to see a young white female superhero DONE RIGHT!
>>
>>63031314
nice b8 m8, could you be any more insecure
>>
>>63029502
>ugly peasant with big painted lips
>10/10
i r8 your b8 0/8 m8
>>
>people literally wanted him to have purple skin
You keks know you would be ridiculing the fuck out it if they had done that. It would have looked stupid as fuck.
>>
>being a kek
no thanks
>>
>>63029502
>Worst parts are
>>The neighbors
Holy shit why were the neighbors so awful? Like when Malcolm sobers up I'm thinking "hey maybe he'll turn into an interesting character now and totally not into some boring angsty cunt". Whoops.

And the incest twins speak for themselves. Were we really supposed to feel bad for them?
>>
>>63023213

I love how the spanish version of her Wikipedia page actually has to state "She has no relation to the deceased actor John Ritter".
>>
so are there any name drops and shit to the bigger MCU, I like to think of these shows as their own thing mostly as DD hardly mentioned the MCU (for the better) and when it did it was just little nods
>>
>>63031506
they could've shown him as purple skinned during the initial shots but look normal later because he influences people to see him as normal

hell we can have him turning purple when shit gets real and he can't use his mind control properly

creators are unimaginative hacks
>>
>>63031583
They showed him with purple veins for one brief moment and even that was ridiculous. Having him look normal was completely the right call.

Not to mention, the whole thing of having no one believe that he had powers for half the season would not have made any fucking sense.
>>
File: 2ehdiFA.png (13 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
2ehdiFA.png
13 KB, 622x626
>>63031314
>>
>>63029513
>thats how I knew this lacked substance

>he expected a Marvel show to have substance

I don't get why people make such a big deal about sex. There aren't even anymore in the series after the first couple episodes.
>>
>>63031561
I'm only on the 3rd episode or so but Luke Cage at one point mentions "the big green guy and his friends" when they're discussing the idea that there are other people with powers out there.

I doubt they are going to go much deeper than that though. Acknowledging that it's a world with a billiondy super heroes messes with the scale of narrative they're gunning for.
>>
>>63029469
>Simpson was right they had to kill Kilgrave but him trying to killGrave was treated as bad, even though they killedGrave.
It's bad when a white cis male kills someone, but when a woman does it, it's empowering.
>>
>>63023885

Zog is just pushing her because she is jewey looking.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.