[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the FUCK did this get canceled so early?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: arresteddevelopment.png (312 KB, 640x366) Image search: [Google]
arresteddevelopment.png
312 KB, 640x366
How the FUCK did this get canceled so early?
>>
>>63016260
http://ask.metafilter.com/34860/Why-did-Arrested-Development-get-cancelled

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-Arrested-Development-canceled

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrested_Development_%28TV_series%29

Third paragraph on the last link.
>>
>>63016329
I could've googled it, just wanted a discussion
>>
>>63016367
about what
>>
>>63016434
whatever it leads to? it's 4chan
>>
>>63016260
It was an ahead of its time show on a cancel happy network like Fox. I'm honestly surprised it even made it to three seasons.
>>
>>63016545
To add to this, the show featured a lot of entertainment industry "inside" humor that I think would play much better in today's social media drenched society.
>>
season 5 when
>>
>>63016677
based on 4 probably never ):
>>
>>63016677
Hopefully never. It was lightening in a bottle for the people that got it when it came out, but you have to remember that was close to 15 years ago. I've moved on, you should try it.

How about instead Mitch tries his hand at a NEW show with a fresh start? I think the reason people love the show isn't for the characters and the setting as much as it was the quality writing and Mitch's overall voice. I'd love to see the same creative team try their hand at something new and stop beating a dead horse.

Or maybe they should just do a prequel season, I bet you'd love it.
>>
>>63016901
Aside from Running Wilde which was okay, Wikipedia says he's signed a multi-year deal with Netflix with two shows in the works, one starring Will Arnett and one which links to the wrong article
>>
>>63016367
>just wanted a discussion

try >>63012501
>>
it was a time when networks thought their time was valuable. if something wasn't bringing in a lot of viewers then they knew they could replace it with something better.
>>
File: feature_running_wilde_107.jpg (85 KB, 1280x569) Image search: [Google]
feature_running_wilde_107.jpg
85 KB, 1280x569
>>63017035

He did Running Wilde? Holy shit that makes sense now that I think about it. I watched it when it was on Netflix and really liked it. I was bummed when I read it was cancelled after season 1. Fa'ad was GOAT, and this show turned me onto Keri Russel
>>
>>63016329
>an interesting experience watching AD with someone who doesn't enjoy it. It's one of the most stark demonstrations I've had on how differences in raw intelligence causes people to have qualitatively different views of the world

The guy is an idiot.
>>
>>63016260
honest answer? because the first season is barely ever funny.

most people bailed before the show was decent, and when the show became great in season 3, nobody was left.

if the show was at the quality it was in season 3 when it premiered, more people would have stuck with it. it's unfortunate that shows can't start already in their third seasons.
>>
>>63016260
the series was made for binge watching. that's why it flopped
>>
>>63016260
Reddit: The show
>>
>>63016260

normies didnt watch it at the time.
>>
>>63018608
>3 the peak
>not 2
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.