[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you guys so butthurt about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 13
Why are you guys so butthurt about this?
>>
I think they're mad at the way it was received by some people. All of the fedora tippers went nuts over it because he said "Hail Satan" then murdered a bunch of people in a church, it's basically their dream. The whole movie was just one endless fedora tip.
>>
>>63016071

Colin Firth doesn't look right. He looks like he should be much thicker than he is. His head doesn't fit his body.
>>
>>63016141
I don't think Atheist believe in satan
>>
>>63016141

I didn't enjoy it because of the religious aspect, but I do like mindless violence and this scene did it well.
>>
>>63016071
It's a shit reddit flick, faggot.
>>
>>63016071
I'm not. It was fucking amazing to watch. Especially in theaters. Bought that shit on blu-ray as soon as it was available.
>>
>>63016071
That image looks HD as fuck given its resolution.
>>
>>63016243
>>
>>63016071
/pol/ is ironically christian these days so they get offended on behalf of Jesus
>>
>>63016071
Because it is a fun movie.
>>
Because there are no children in the church getting slaughtered. Very unrealistic. Christians always indoctrinate their children to their own form of bullshit. Thats how its been perpetuated over the millenia.
>>
File: Autism_0001_op_800x499.jpg (63 KB, 800x499) Image search: [Google]
Autism_0001_op_800x499.jpg
63 KB, 800x499
This is you >>63016274
>>
>>63016185
"Atheism", as a movement, is a reaction against Christianity. The purpose is to insult and disturb Christians. Being ironically satanist is one effective way to do this.
>>
>>63016378
>>63016303
>>63016243
>b8
>>
>>63016071
It was like a scene from a Tarantino movie but in a really shitty movie.
>>
>>63016441
Not at all like a Tarantino scene, and the film was good.
>>
File: 20488-29877.jpg (45 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
20488-29877.jpg
45 KB, 320x240
>>63016408
>tfw you realize you'd probably be diagnosed as having "high-functioning autism" if you were a child today
>>
>>63016071
It's stupid and money driven. A pain to watch, an embarrassment for the actors involved, a waste of time for anyone who is not a NEET neckbeard.
>>
>>63016418

keep being triggered, jewlover
>>
>>63016191
This, desu I just thought it was a boss fight scene. The fact that it was in a church is inconsequential, mass crowd violence is fun on film.

AND CAN WHOEVER THE FUCK MADE THE STREET SIGN RECAPTCHA JUST FUCKING KILL THEMSELVES IN A PUBLIC SQUARE PLEASE, STOP SIGNS, GAS STATION SIGNS, AND LICENSE PLATES ARE NOT FUCKING STREET NAMES FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK
>>
Because I don't like peaked lapels.
>>
>>63016627
>The fact that it was in a church is inconsequential

if you're a christfag nothing is more consequential than being an irrational 'tard about your love for Jewsus
>>
>>63016571
>"would"
>"if"
>"high-functioning"
>>
/tv/ realized it was liked by people on Reddit.
>>
>>63016071
Just SJW masturbation fodder, like "God Bless America" and every other edgy piece of shit.
>>
because your life will literally be ruined if you insult Islam or Judaism but lmao making fun of stupid dumb bigot Christians is ok.
>>
>>63016678

>implying SJWs aren't all closet christfags
>>
>2015
>not understanding that the mind control device was a Chekov's gun and if it was going to be used on any innocent victims, the most acceptable target would be a WBC-type hate group
>>
losers on here get their personal identity from /pol/ so now people get butthurt when christians are made fun of

just wait until a republican gets into power next then the new edgy thing will go back to being a fadoramaster like it was when bush was in power
>>
>>63016707
>WBC-type hate group

They weren't a hate group though? Unless I missed something it was just an ordinary church that the villain chose to target because he was a cunt
>>
>>63016191
>CGI blood that looks like blood spray from a PS2 game
>done well

Get out redditor.
>>
File: jesus_camp.jpg (19 KB, 216x320) Image search: [Google]
jesus_camp.jpg
19 KB, 216x320
>>63016071
It was an Evangelical church. He says he's Jewish to annoy the old woman. Shows what idiot British lefties are that they don't know Evangelicals basically consider Jews living Gods. They worship them more than they do.

Watch Jesus Camp. Notice the churches all have Israeli flags hanging, and the parishioners all have them in their homes.
>>
>>63016408
Most of those seem like normal. Who doesn't like spinning things and lots of kids are shy/loners
>>
File: MI+nast-irish-stereotype.jpg (169 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
MI+nast-irish-stereotype.jpg
169 KB, 650x488
>>63016141
Who cares? People out themselves as idiots by not getting movies constantly.

Look at how many people unironically cheered at Inglorious Bastards, or Starship Troopers, or think the Glengarry Ross closer's speech is inspirational instead of a critique of that bullshit sales culture.

Like, look at this moron >>63016678 here, who doesn't get the scene and takes it at face value. You can't let retards who don't even have the brainpower to see the message in a low-brow action comedy dictate how you see things.

I'm not even trying to be elitist. I'm average intelligence at best on a good day. It's just a great scene in an otherwise forgettable movie.
>>
>>63016781
He said he was catholic and had a black jewish boyfriend
>>
>>63016651
Shut up, kike.
>>
>>63016781
That's only true when applied to Israeli fundamentalist jews. They hate New York type jews
>>
>>63016833
My mistake, the preacher is ranting about "Jew and nigger lovers", to cheering crowds. Go into any Evangelical church and say something bad about Jews, you'll probably get strung up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdG6gUUasVk
>>
File: tip13.jpg (8 KB, 210x196) Image search: [Google]
tip13.jpg
8 KB, 210x196
>>63016792
it was actually ironic, you just didnt get it because youre retarded :)

>*adjusts vintage headwear*
>>
>>63016792
This. You have to be intelligent to understand the Kingsman, it's a very cerebral movie. Poltards and moutbreathers in general are too stupid to understand the nuance.
>>
>>63016899
It's clearly not supposed to be a typical evangelical church. The scene wasn't even about bashing religious people anyways so an accurate representation to murder on film wouldn't have been appropriate
>>
>>63016940
>it was actually ironic, you just didnt get it because youre retarded :)

But that's true. If you didn't get it, you're retarded.

It set up the audience to have a sick, cathartic justice boner on seeing these people murdered. You're supposed to be disgusted with yourself for basically being the same as the villains of the movie, celebrating the deaths of people you consider to be shitty in the worst parts of your brain. It's exactly the same as Inglorious Bastards.

It's a goddamn slacker comedy. It's not exactly deep. Understanding the point doesn't make you smart. It makes you better than retarded.
>>
>>63016754

No, they were definitely being portrayed as a racist, xenophobic church, IIRC. It was basically supposed to be WBC by another name, which is why the whole "sexual congress with my Jewish Black Democrat boyfriend" joke existed.
>>
>>63016412
atheism is the lack of faith and religion, you can't padronize something like that
>>
File: christianimageboard.jpg (407 KB, 864x3360) Image search: [Google]
christianimageboard.jpg
407 KB, 864x3360
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nuuEVjh6RU

Just a friendly reminder.
>>
>>63017176
Pretty sure he's talking about fedora atheists, which are only a thing in america, as it's a response to it being pretty much the only developed western country where religion is still actually a thing you encounter in daily life.
>>
>>63016071
>american atheists are only fidora tippers
butthurt europoor detected
>>
>>63016185
>I don't think Atheist believe in satan

It's more that certain Christians act as if Atheists are devil-worshipers. Or at the very least unwitting pawns of Satan, doing his work while denying the existence of both him and God.

>>63016412
>"Atheism", as a movement, is a reaction against Christianity.

Not entirely. In the US most atheists are anti-Christian because most atheists are formerly Christian, and Christians dominate the religious landscape of the US.

But you will find atheists that are just as strongly against Judaism and Islam.
>>
>>63017055
>It's clearly not supposed to be a typical evangelical church

Actually it is. This is what liberals actually believe Southern churches are like.
>>
They made the church be full blown Westboro Baptist Church and racist so you wouldn't feel so bad about Firth killing them all
>>
>>63016705

SJW's view Christianity as a tool of the white man to oppress gays and non-binary penguin-otherkin.
>>
>>63016707

>the most acceptable target would be a WBC-type hate group

So it's OK to murder people if they hold signs that offend you?
>>
File: 1338772999984.jpg (39 KB, 393x376) Image search: [Google]
1338772999984.jpg
39 KB, 393x376
>>63016656
>>
>>63018320
I think when you're watching a show, you tolerate body count pretty easily. It just becomes a part of the action, and it sets the tone for the scene depending on how its shown.
I didn't even watch the movie because this scene was the only thing that I ever heard about it and I cut the tab within fifteen seconds because to me it just looked like some guy trying to act all slick while murdering innocents.
There's a reason why zombie movies exist, so that you can get the heroes just pounding away at human-yet-inhuman shapes of meat. They're zombies so its okay to be cool about it.
The christian part was just there to make them similar to the zombies, people that the director thought people would be okay with killing, and given the context I thought it was just in poor taste.
>>
>>63016071

go search the tumblr tag/subreddit/wherever they talk about this shit, SJWs and athiest ledditors alike united because they like the idea of a bunch of christian bigots getting murdered

basically SJW trojan horse, for lack of better word
>>
>>63016269
are you retarded?
>>
>>63016071
It's not a relevant enough movie to be butthurt over, but that scene was in bad taste. It came off like the whole movie was created to enable this scene somehow where they could slaughter a church full of white christians and feel smug about it.
>>
>>63018603
I thought that was the point. It's supposed to be in poor taste.

The rich elite were going to have everyone they saw as unworthy and shortsighted kill each other and party. The audience is supposed to be in their shoes.
>>
>>63016071

what movie is this from?
>>
i liked it
>>
>>63016788
there's a difference between being shy and not understanding social interactions between humans
>>
File: progress05.jpg (54 KB, 800x555) Image search: [Google]
progress05.jpg
54 KB, 800x555
>>63018320
>So it's OK to murder people if they hold signs that offend you?
Yes, in America and Syria
>>
File: pol congregation.webm (3 MB, 610x254) Image search: [Google]
pol congregation.webm
3 MB, 610x254
>>63019239
Reverse image, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>63016571
Holy shit same here.
>>
>>63016888
They don't like New Yorkers but are largely ignorant of the fact that the New Yorkers they dislike are Jewish. Jews naturally find this very confusing, since they get seriously mixed signals from Evangelicals and Southerners who oscillate between hating "New York Yankees" and loving Jews without realizing that they are the same people
>>
>>63017200
>weefus
>read it
I mean, I get waifus, but I thought kids knew all about reddit.
>>
>>63019380
Is that the actual dialog?

Fucking maximum fedora tip.
>>
>Protestants

They're basically devil worshippers.
>>
>>63016792
>or think the Glengarry Ross closer's speech is inspirational instead of a critique of that bullshit sales culture

Sorry bud, but you're a loser if you don't find that speech incredibly inspiring. Truth is, that's exactly how the world works and if you aren't producing money for someone higher on the food chaon, you're going to die penniless and alone. Suck it up and become a winner. Better yet, become a closer.
>>
>>63016141
This. Not to mention he murdered a bunch of "white supremacists" subtly implying that killing anyone who doesnt like fags and suck black dick is bad and should be killed.

I'm sure some kek furiously stroked his micro dick when he conceived this scene.

Shit movie anyway.
>>
>>63019805
Did you forget the fact that he tried to quietly leave, and was only defending himself. poltard pls
>>
>>63019794
Except Alec Baldwin was lying to them. He didn't make that much money, that wasn't his car, and the real losers are the people that buy that take that abuse like weak little kucks.

It inspired the characters, except it inspired them to see what the company culture was really about so they could stop being pushovers and take what they wanted.
>>
>>63016678
God Bless America was targeted towards both sides this is what I choose to believe and did that pretty well. Liberals supporting it was the point.
>>
what kind of backlash would there have been if it was a synagogue and he had killed all of the Jews inside
>>
>>63019805
He was horrified at what he had done after the mind control wore off.

Pretty sure the implication in the scene and entire point of the story is that nobody gets to decide what groups of people live and die. But you have to remove yourself from trying to be offended by your political boogeymen to see that.

You're right though. it's not a good movie. But not even understanding it is embarrassing.
>>
>>63019843
He probably didnt even tried to defend himself. He was under the efect of wi-fi powered that mega dog whistle or whatever was that shit.

Anyway im not here to discuss the imaginary excuses behind imaginary actions in a movie. I just tried to point out something that loosk like a trend nowadays. People who hold "extreme" (meaning anything that disagrees with the liberal dogma) views are portraied as evil and irrational monsters perfectly ok to kill.

Now go back to twatter and share your latest Bernie meme or whatever you do usually.
>>
>>63019794
I figured the point of that speech(from the effect on the audience)was to intimidate you and put you into the salesmens shoes.
They're not living in the same world as him, and the whole point of the story is that they slowly get drawn into his line of thinking but they end up destroying themselves instead of others because they can't let go of the fact that they will have to trick people and just want an easy out.
>>
>>63020041
>point out something that looks like a trend nowadays
Pick up a history book faggot, radical uncommon beliefs no matter what they are have always been looked down upon for centuries. It's nothing new.
>>
>>63018320

Not saying I personally think it's acceptable, but most people think it would be in this day and age.
>>
File: 1303017760224.jpg (28 KB, 576x478) Image search: [Google]
1303017760224.jpg
28 KB, 576x478
Why did he say he was Catholic?

Do you stereotypical Evangelicals hate Catholics or something?
>>
>>63016071
Because it tips a fedora, and only 4chins is allowed to do that
>>
>>63016071
This movie was like a lame more violent X-Men First Class
>>
>>63020090
Just like communism...

Oh wait
>>
>>63020310
You're obviously retarded, have fun spouting memes
>>
>>63020397
Care to point the memes i just spouted?
>>
>>63018232
>no source
Characters in the film clearly state that the church is a "hate group" (their words). It is not supposed to be a regular church. The implication is that Sam Jack chose the site to test his weapon because he felt that attacking a socially unacceptable group of people, ie. racists, would draw less media attention. Since his character is a satirical exaggeration of a far-left extremist, he felt no guilt attacking a far-right group.
>>63018320
>So it's OK to murder people if they hold signs that offend you?
He's the villain. You're not supposed to agree with his actions. He later tries to massacre about 99% of the population. Stop acting like you've seen this mediocre movie.
>>
>>63020141
It's not stereotypical. It's reality.
If only they would freaking read a book, like the Bible, they would know Catholics are right.
>>
>>63016484
>not at all like a Tarantino scene
It was exactly the same as the massacre scene in Kill Bill Vol. 1.
>>
>>63019509
This is 1000% true.
>>
>>63016071
Only /pol/ is butthurt about this.
/pol/ is buuthurt about everything to be quite honest family.
>>
>>63020709
>muh /pol/ boogeyman
>>
>>63020709
>family
dumb nigger poster
>>
>>63020709
Why would /pol/ care?
I thought /pol/ were a bunch of Athiests.
>>
>>63020884
I bet you think I'm an asian desu senpai, you're retard is showing.
>>
>>63019380

said literally nobody in a church ever
>>
>>63020591
this. protestants are a joke
>>
>>63020849
Like clockwork.
>>
File: 1414988065175.jpg (52 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1414988065175.jpg
52 KB, 500x332
>>63019380
What the fuck is this?
>>
Nobody is butthurt about it, they're just contrarian hipsters who pretend to have some kind of respect for Christians because all their friends are atheists now.
>>
>>63020969

You wouldn't know, you've never been to church.
>>
>>63020591
But being a Catholic is, like, difficult and junk. Too many rules. I don't wanna go through my whole life feeling guilty and humble when I could just reinterpret the Bible to give it a feel-good, light-hearted tone. Protestants can do whatever the fuck they want and still go to Heaven, instead of exercising self-discipline and humility like a boring old Catholic. :^)
>>
>>63021130
But muh prosperity gospel
>>
>>63019945
>Except Alec Baldwin was lying to them. He didn't make that much money, that wasn't his car,

when is that established in the movie?
>>
>>63016749
This 150%
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.