[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could this faggot sound more disinterested and unprofessiona
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: vice.jpg (41 KB, 788x428) Image search: [Google]
vice.jpg
41 KB, 788x428
Could this faggot sound more disinterested and unprofessional?
>man on the verge of tears "everybody died because they didn't want to leave their friends"
>inhales sharply and goes "wow...." like someone described a minor car accident
Why are Vice allowed to pretend to be journalists?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOeI7nRYUE4
>>
>>63010292
>Why are Vice allowed to pretend to be journalists?
Murdoch $$$
>>
File: qt2[1].gif (785 KB, 245x270) Image search: [Google]
qt2[1].gif
785 KB, 245x270
>journalists should burst into tears whenever they interview anyone.
>>
>>63010292
>doesn't play up emotional responses to get kneejerk reaction from the viewers
What were you saying about bad journalism again?
>>
>>63010419
Journalists should respect the tone of the interview and not monotonously say yeah and wow like you do when you're pretending to listen
>>
>>63010474
what would you say in response then?
>>
>>63010292
I think Vice do interesting shit and go to places nobody else will.

I just hate them (Shane Smith in particular) because they seem to do it all for money and exploitation. Even this, a painful interview like that doesn't need a TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOLKS FOR MORE DRAMA.
>>
>>63010419

this desu, also good use of a gif
>>
>>63010613
>a corporation does things for money
That's literally every business. Nobody ever got rich from helping the world, and that's why nobody does it.
>>
>>63010292
Haha, just read up on the lead singer, the bearded, four-eyed fuck.
His nickname is "The Devil."
Yeah, looks like he met the real Devils and they turned out to be Muslims.
>>
>>63010754
You react to things in an interesting way.
>>
>still unironically watching/reading Vice

>the bastion of anti-establishment journalism that allowed itself to be bought by the establishment

may as well be on Gawker
>>
>>63010292
yeah that shane smith is a real dumb fat fuck
>>
>>63010844
As much of an annoying douchebag troll Gavin comes off as, I get the feeling he was the only dude with real values at that magazine.
>>
>>63010844
>>the bastion of anti-establishment journalism
is this their slogan or something? it's just new-age internet journalism.
>>
>>63010754

I met him after they played inMusic in Croatia, he's actually a really nice guy
>>
>>63010419
jesus christ lmao
>>
>>63010881

It's just a turn of phrase anonymous.
>>
>>63010925
what's a "turn of phrase anonymous"?
>>
>>63011142

it's just a figure of speech bro
>>
>>63010877
well I mean he was. that's why they fired him
>>
>>63010292

To be fair, some Vice reporters have seen some fucked up stuff.
>>
Vice is pretty much just clickbait, they go to dangerous places and "report" on extreme situations just to get a good video title. Then they put the least amount of effort into the actual video and in the end the viewer is left with no new information or anything of worth.
>>
>>63011406

b-but my /tv/ bros tell me theyre just some hipster hunks so i hate them
>>
File: chief Gavin.png (835 KB, 1020x488) Image search: [Google]
chief Gavin.png
835 KB, 1020x488
>>63010292
holy fuck I thought that was Gavin McInnes for a second
>>
>>63011406
Shane Smith has seen the absolute worst in humanity many times over.
>>
>>63011489
Haha holy shit I'm surprised his wife hasn't divorced him. He admitted to punching her when she got too drunk and attacked him. He's obviously not racist tho cause his kids are half native. Him and his wife both seem like borderline alcoholics
>>
considering he's been shot at by terrorists and seen people bleed to death having something described to him probably doesnt have much impact anymore
>>
>>63010292
So you expect the autistic millenials on this board to recognize a disingenuous faked emotional response?
Good luck
Vice is utter shit and anyone who watches it is a vapid moron with no attention span to actually read news articles.
>>
>>63010292
>"everybody died because they didn't want to leave their friends"
They don't get to bring friends
>>
File: 1408130091556.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1408130091556.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
>>63010292
I actually work with a guy who used to write for VICE

he's a pretty decent guy, just when I heard that all I could think of was >Vice
If I was an employer and I looked at where someone had worked beforehand, VICE would be one of the media outlets I'd view a red flag
>>
>>63012337
He openly admits he is an alcaholic
>>
File: 1447731234004.jpg (50 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
1447731234004.jpg
50 KB, 700x504
>>63012504
Lmao wat, nigger are you retarded? News articles on other major news outlets are like 4 sentences long and barely cover shit, obviously you don't read the fucking articles you're talking about.
>>
>>63010292
they're thinking more of asking questions rather than responding
>>
>>63012337
he says all the time he's an alcoholic
He says he does coke all the time too
>>
>>63010877
Couldnt agree more.
>>
>>63012763
"News articles" are generally short because they have to be published quickly to stay current and beat competing publishers. Actual commentary pieces and investigative journalism that Vice tries to be are much more substantial
>>
>>63012892
Again, lmao wat? Commentary pieces from major news outlets always do nothing but pander to the safest, lowest common denominator mung opinion of their target demographic in the most insulting way possible. I'm not saying that Vice doesn't play up the edgy shit, but they generally present you with a side of the story you either haven't seen before or haven't seen fleshed out in detail.
>>
>>63013084
I don't think I've seen Vice do much "fleshing out in detail". They put a camera in places you don't usually see, show some interesting images then end the video before anyone's attention span wears out. I usually end a Vice video feeling like I need to find more substantial info instead of feeling like I learned anything. Editing down days or weeks of shooting into a 15 minute video so nobody will think its too long and not click is more insulting to me than dumbing the info down. If they actually wanted to educate people they'd do more than clickbait "news"
>>
>>63013351
Have you seen any of their older documentaries they have up on youtube? I'll concede that Vice has lowered their standards a bit in the past few years, but they're definitely not as bad as virtually every other well known media outlet.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.