[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony Leaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: angie.jpg (65 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
angie.jpg
65 KB, 800x450
So in the end what were the most interesting emails leaked from the Sony hack?
>>
>>63009747
the one where they admit to forcing pro-Israel propaganda and how they tried to get Natalie Portman on the pro-Israel train but she said nah.
>>
The entire narrative about the Jobs movie. The extent to which Amy Pascal fucks it up and how hard Scott Rudin worked to keep it together is massively entertaining.
>>
The one where Channing Tatum goes HAHAHAA.
>>
>>63009796
Amy Pascal doesn't work for Sony nowadays.
>>
>>63009747
Well everyone knew Sheen had aids already if they read those emails.

But I only cared about the spectre and spiderman leaks.
>>
>>63009796
Amy didn't fuck it up, Fincher was being an asshole. Now the movie did end up tanking, but it would've done worse with Fincher's insanely high budget especially after Dragon Tattoo bombed.

>>63009782
I liked her emails about her tea party to discuss the Zionism with that fancy RSVP card she probably got her assistant to design.

>>63009747
The ones were Scott makes fun of Rooney Mara. They find out new Dragon Tattoo book from a different author was gonna have Lizbeth's twin. Amy goes "Two Rooneys? My dream!" Scott goes "My suicide."

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/68594
>>
>>63009839
I didn't keep up with any of this shit, what happened with Channing Tatum?
>>
>>63009843
Yeah she does, she resigned from VP and took a lower position. Unless she left that job too
Anyway that only enhances the entertainment value of the leak
>Tfw there will never be a movie about the Sony leaks written by Aaron Sorkin, Directed by Fincher, and starring Christian Bale as Scott Rudin
>>
>>63009843
Amy was fired, but Amy did work for Sony for the entire extent of the Sony leaks.

>>63009862
>>63009747
I loved the part about everyone being pissed off at Andrew Garfield for missing the President of Sony's big speech. "Andrew is wearing a beard and looks like he just wants to be left alone."
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nge4elue3S1qfc8t0.png (189 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nge4elue3S1qfc8t0.png
189 KB, 500x340
>>63009747
>So in the end what were the most interesting emails leaked from the Sony hack?

The power point presentations of the sony marketing team.
>Adhesives
>>
>>63009918
Amy didn't resign, that was just the cover story. Everyone knows she was fired.

>Tfw there will never be a movie about the Sony leaks written by Aaron Sorkin, Directed by Fincher, and starring Christian Bale as Scott Rudin

I can take it or leave it in terms of the director but Aaron is the perfect person to write it.
>>
Roland Emmerich's making a sequel to 2012 called 2025, production starts after the new Stargate
>>
>>63009886
Are you kidding? Fincher didn't even ask for more than his usual going rate. Sorkin even offered to make up the difference by giving them 3 free scripts. She went behind Scott and Fincher's back to try and fund Jolie's horrible Cleopatra movie and in doing so insulted Fincher causing a delay that also lost Bale as the lead. Add to that her Prozac prescriptions, her insane and nonsensical self emails, her 3rd grade level notes on pitched films etc. She was just a god damned mess
>>
File: 47345762.png (780 KB, 1013x565) Image search: [Google]
47345762.png
780 KB, 1013x565
>>63009940
These were the best thing to come out of the hack.
>>
>>63009886
>Fincher was being an asshole

how?

he said clearly ''this is what I need to make a great movie'' and Amy said no. Fincher has a great track record, they should have trusted him. Sorkin was even willing to work without pay to make the movie with Fincher as director.
>>
>>63009959
I put that together out of the irony of putting talented people who were screwed over by a shit studio in the movie about the studio with only Rudin as the "good guy"
>>
District 9 sequel, game and PSN show from Blomkamp and Peter Jackson: https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/86187
>>
>>63009940
>>63010025

These really were the best thing. The idea that people are making multi-million dollar decisions based on this kind of shit is amazing.
>>
>>63009747
The one where they're making fun of Angie who won't tell Amy & Scott who she wants to direct her retarded Cleopatra vanity project that will bomb horribly. All week long they've been trying to convince her to go Ridley Scott- Angie says he directs films in a factory way and is clearly resisting. For months they've been trying to convince her to figure out what director she wants:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/39753

>Just want to be clear that I support your instincts to reach out but I don't think we feel the same way about him. I am not sure it's a safe bet. So far I would rather wait for Marty in 2016 or find a new and interesting

>I'm studying a few more films to be sure. Let's talk next week. Xxx

>Beyond belief. She's studying films. Kill me please. Immediately.

>Ridleys
>Or every film ever made?

>The latter.
>>
File: 763457.png (1 MB, 1010x876) Image search: [Google]
763457.png
1 MB, 1010x876
>>63010025
>>
>>63009747
The ghostbusters reboot one outlining the plot with (seriously) a dance number to pacify the police from a civil war ghost played by peter dinklage-type.
i dont even know what that means.
>>
>>63009747
off topic, but angelina jolie is showing her new tits in the next movie.
>>
>>63010025
Fucking brilliant. The transparent cynicism and blinding truth that these two demographics are mentally equal
>>
>>63009886

>Fincher's insanely high budget

He asked for 5 million more, he wanted the budget to be 35 mil instead of 30. Is that insanely high? Dragon Tattoo was 100 million, that is high for a movie like that but they did shoot it for a long time and big chunks in Sweden.
>>
>we will never have a Jobs movie directed by Fincher, written by Sorkin, and scored by Trent Reznor and Atticus Finch

fuck you Amy
>>
File: 1463769.png (796 KB, 1024x570) Image search: [Google]
1463769.png
796 KB, 1024x570
>>
>>63009747
The most interesting fact was just how incompetent Amy Pascal was and the general reaction of the rest of Hollywood of not "This hack was disgusting" but more "You see the shit we have to put up with".

I always used to be skeptical of shows when they showed people using work emails for all sorts of personal shit but the leak showed me people really are that retarded.
>>
>>63010107
Yeah and the funny thing about people saying that Dragon Tattoo "bombed" is that it broke records for an R rated thriller released in December. It quite literally made more money than was possible to guess at the time of pre production. Any lost value was the result of studio incompetence.
>>
I like the one where Amy, who sends lots of emails to herself, accidentally sends her vacation ideas to Amy Adams:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/86225

By the way, Amy Adams is a dork. Her email was [email protected]
>>
the emails by that guy from die Antwood about the Chappie film and the promotion for some concerts or whatever. he writes the same way he talks and acts in the film, it made me gain a lot of interest for them and their music videos
>>
>>63010088
>i dont even know what that means.
means a sassy dwarf
>>
>>63010123
someone got paid to come up with this
this is hilarious
>>
>>63010123
if someone made this as a parody, most people probably would think it was too excessive.
>>
i enjoyed the jeopardy stuff
>>
File: scared3.png (1 MB, 1019x881) Image search: [Google]
scared3.png
1 MB, 1019x881
>>63010088
Amy,
Here’s my take on it: It’s a reboot of the franchise in a world (our world) that has never actually had any legitimate contact with the ghost world. Our villain ghost is an executed murderer, a Ted Kazinski type (think Peter Dinklage) who has left behind a manifesto of how he wants to change and destroy the world. When his execution is hit by a supercharged electrical storm, he is turned into a powerful ghost able to rouse other villainous spirits from the ghost world to carry out the ever-expanding plans of his manifesto. Our four new female Ghostbusters come together in an origin story that sees them forming a team based on their diverse skills and plays with the invention and trial-and-error of their various Ghostbusting technology and techniques as they try to stop the villain and his ever growing force of evil ghosts, which is a boring way of saying that we’ll see four very different women come together and figure out in funny, scary and action-packed ways how to save New York City and the world.
>>
>>63009747
The ones that they make fun of Will Smith's kids
>>
>>63010081

Kek rekt
>>
>>63010200
This first film will deal with this one mission and the formation of our team and the evolution of their hardware and by the end result in them forming their actual Ghostbusters business, versus starting a business mid-film like the original movie. However, I would like to keep their business as a secret government agency in a world where the government has worked hard to cover up the events of this first reboot in order to keep the public from knowing that there is now a possible reoccurring ghost threat over our country. (I’m playing with the idea that, a la Close Encounters, the government stages an evacuation of mid-town Manhattan to keep the public from knowing about the ghost threat, so that even though most of mid-town Manhattan is a mess after the final battle, they are able to explain it away as a gas explosion or something to that effect. This will keep the franchise from having to denounce the Ghostbusters in a sequel or drop them back into a world in which the public is now fully aware of ghosts. This will give the franchise much more longevity. There’s a funny dynamic we want to play with where the government eventually starts working with the Ghostbusters but has to keep denouncing them publicly, having a Cecily Strong type character always saying terrible things about them in press conferences and then apologizing to them behind the scenes, even though her public attacks on them get more and more personal. “I’m sorry, I just have to make it sound convincing.”)
>>
>>63010123
>ywn be Chief Meme Officer for a major studio
>>
>>63010213
post plox
>>
File: 4387755.jpg (28 KB, 455x427) Image search: [Google]
4387755.jpg
28 KB, 455x427
>>63010239

Tonally, the movie will be a bit scarier and more hi-tech than the original and the set pieces will be bigger, while still being very funny. For example, I want in the third act to have the entire police force and army accompany the Ghostbusters to the final battle but since our villain only wants to deal with the Ghostbusters and wants to make the government look ridiculous, he possesses the entire police and army forces and makes them do a big ridiculous dance number in the middle of Fifth Avenue, thus neutralizing them (and delighting himself). I think that having our main villain be both evil and funny in the ways screws with our world as he’s trying to carry out the points of his manifesto (get revenge on everyone who slighted him, humiliate and take down Wall Street, make the United States look ridiculous to the rest of the world and eventually destroy NYC, which to him is the brain of the US), as well as have fun with the ghosts he picks to carry out various tasks (could be all dead villains and famous criminals he recruits from the ghost world and – in what I think could be a billion dollar idea – recruits the ghosts of evil beings from other parts of the universe – yes, ghost aliens! “Our world isn’t the only place in the universe with bad and dangerous beings that have died, you know. There’s a lot of bored dead monsters out there who are just looking for something to do

>tl;dr Ghost Aliens
>>
File: malick sony leak.png (72 KB, 1005x614) Image search: [Google]
malick sony leak.png
72 KB, 1005x614
>>63009747
>So in the end what were the most interesting emails leaked from the Sony hack?

That Terry doesnt fuck with email, so obvious yet satisfying just the same
>>
I love when the producer of TASM2 says to the director "Get a better performance out of Andrew. He's bipolar on screen."
>>
>>63010172
I'm pretty sure he still has the same email that was leaked and responds occasionally
>>
>>63010239
>having a Cecily Strong type character
What it must be like to know that big-wigs throw your name around as an adjective.
>>
>>63009940

>people get paid to create this bullshit
>>
>>63010264
>yes, ghost aliens!
>>
>>63010270
I've forgotten how kekworthy that time was.
>>
>>63009747
What I found that was Marvel are talking about rebooting the Iron Man series with a different actor as Iron Man.
>>
>>63010172
...link?
>>
The ones about Spectre were pretty interesting. They admitted at the time the budget was in the mid $300 million range and they weren't crazy about the ending. They were so desperate they took money from Mexico to make it look good and made changes to the script to appease them.

Makes me curious how often that shit happens and we don't know about it. It's kind of obvious with shit like Iron Man and Transformers pandering to China, but I'd be curious about the more subtle ones.
>>
>>63010083

>the starcraft marine
>>
>>63010000
Fincher wanted a raise after his last movie, Dragon Tattoo, bomed horribly.

Everyone else was willing to cut their rates, including Scott and Amy. They wanted to go "in a pool." In Hollywood when you fuck up, like Fincher did with TDWTDT, you have to work your way back up by taking less money. You can't be greedy, you have to have lverage to get what you want.

Why should Sorkin cut his rate in order to fund an insanely high fee and budget from Fincher when Sorkin delivered two hits in a row for Sony and Fincher was batting .500?

I'm not saying Amy isn't a mess and isn't crazy. There are some very insane emails about her addiction in there.

>he said clearly ''this is what I need to make a great movie''

IT WAS THREE FUCKING SCENES LONG.

>Fincher has a great track record,

His last film was a bomb,

>they should have trusted him.

Like they truested him to control the marketing for Dragon Tattoo?

>>63010107
You're not including his fee, and you're not including marketing controls, which Scott & Amy were obviously sensitive about.
>>
>>63009889
Look it up yourself
Short story is he is a funny dude
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 267x200
>>63010081
FUCKING KEK

HOLY SHIT HOW HAS A DEADPAN COMEDY NOT BEEN GREENLIT ABOUT THIS
>>
>>63010200

Fuck it I'm a get an MBA and get into movies. These niggas are retarded kek
>>
File: 15360-13wpmg7.jpg (628 KB, 1008x540) Image search: [Google]
15360-13wpmg7.jpg
628 KB, 1008x540
>>63009889
>>
File: jolie pascal.jpg (99 KB, 970x1455) Image search: [Google]
jolie pascal.jpg
99 KB, 970x1455
>>63010081
>>Beyond belief. She's studying films. Kill me please. Immediately.
>>
File: 1435972087140.jpg (37 KB, 496x302) Image search: [Google]
1435972087140.jpg
37 KB, 496x302
>>63010386
>>
>>63010359
It is impossible for the financial failure of Dragon Tattoo to be Fincher's fault. The film broke box office records for its genre and release date. Fincher, if anything, was the only person who did his Job right in marketing and directing
>>
>>63010264

Cocaine is a helluva drug
>>
Bill Murray was going to get sued if he didn't make an appearance in the Ghostbusters movie.
>>
>>63010264
So it's The Mask

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuYRaoM5Xuc
>>
>>63010359

>Dragon Tattoo
>bombed

uh, nope
>>
>>63010386
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/42113

I didn't realize Channing Tatum was an experienced shitposter from /b/.
>>
>>63010081
>Ridleys
>Or every film ever made?

>The latter.

Amy was in the right. How retarded is Jolie.
>>
>>63010359
>Dragon Tattoo, bomed horribly.

Citation needed.
>>
>>63010461
It did. Its US Box office was fucking garbage, even for an R-rated movie.
>>
>>63009920
>FIRED

She was let go with compensation.
>>
>>63010386
He's on /sp/ and you know it
>>
File: sony im plebeian onlooker.jpg (36 KB, 572x800) Image search: [Google]
sony im plebeian onlooker.jpg
36 KB, 572x800
>>63010413
>>
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/19478

This is gold
>>
>>63010461
it did
>>
>>63010386

Lel I can so imagine Tatum saying this
>>
>>63010461
Production budget = 90 M
Marketing = 129 M
Total cost = $219 M

Domestic Gross = 98 M
Domestic Net = 53 M
Foreign Gross = $132M
Foreign Net = $54 M
Total Revenue = 108 M

Revenue - Cost = Profit

108 - 219 = $110,000,000 Loss

For those of you wondering, I got the numbers from this wikileaks document when they were calculating if they should make a sequel. Obviously the answer was no:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/docs/03_03/MKTGFIN/Green%20Light%20Memos/GLMEMOS/FY2015/GL%20Meeting%20Spreadsheets/Girl.Fire.xls

>>63010440
The marketing is the reason the movie failed. Fincher is not a fucking marketer. The marketing cost more than the movie's budget and it still bombed. They had horrible screaming matches in meetings for the marketing for GWTDT
>>
>>63010467
>Jonah Hill mail
>[email protected]

How can we relate that mail account to subways?
>>
>>63010413
I KNOW IT WAS YOU AMY. YOU BROKE MY HEART, AMY. YOU BROKE MY HEART
>>
>>63010533
did Fincher write any emails himself?
>>
>amy's list of possible capeshit actors
from amy and rachel....never been in a superhero movie but maybe other franchises...keep adding
rachel add to this list and ask to francine....need actors with real presence who command the screen

gravitas:
robert deniro
jason issacs
tom hanks
gene hackman
richard jenkins

sexy leading men over 40:
johnny depp
sean penn
mathew m
denzel
will s
brad pitt
matt damon

sexy leading men under 40:
jack oconnell
leo
ryan gosling
tom hardy
shua ka beouf
michael b gordon

amazing women:
brie larson
emily blunt
lizzy kaplan(love her)
lea seudoux
emily browning
girl from luther

funny character actors with weight:
(younger and older together)
woody Harrelson
seth rogan
peter ---guy from doctor who
christophe waltz
corey stoll
michael pena
jona hill
>>
>>63010264
2bh this doesn't bad, it sounds like lighthearted campy fun.

honestly, I want to see the movie now since it's a comfy as h*ck comedy-horror flick -- what's not to like about that concept?
>>
>>63009782
Sounds half fake. Hershlag already donates large amounts of money to jew terrorism.
>>
>>63010559

There are some but not many, he comes across as you would expect, calm and smart and has a dry sense of humor (makes fun of Adam Driver being in Force Awakens in one of the emails).
>>
>>63010552
"Scott, we're bigger than Universal Studios."
>>
>>
>>63010572
>McConagod will never do capeshit
Thank christ
>>
>>63010493
>even for an R rated movie
Factually wrong
http://movieline.com/2012/01/12/can-we-please-stop-calling-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-a-box-office-disappointment/
>>
>>63010610
do you have a link?

I haven't looked at the leaks, is there an easy way to search for his emails there?
>>
>>63010641
T b h I'm excited for boobs
>>
>The revelation that Spectre is run by Stockmann – a man still thwarted by the feelings of jealousy he has harbored since he was a young boy desperate for the affection his father showed to Bond – makes Stockmann feel like a petulant kid and somewhat disturbingly links an incredible amount of death and destruction to Bond.

>Since the idea Bond shared a “father” with Stockmann is introduced so late in the story it doesn’t carry the emotional weight desired. By making this a personal attack against Bond it somehow makes the overall threat and ambition of Spectre feel small.

>Did Stockmann only put all of this in place once Bond became a “00” as a way to taunt him? Was it really all in service of brotherly jealousy?

Holy shit, this is really on point. Seems like they didn't address the issues with Spectre.

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/63925
>>
>>63010559
Yes, they're all here:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/?q=&mfrom=finchois&mto=&title=&notitle=&date=&nofrom=&noto=&count=50&sort=0#searchresult

Here's one I like:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/23624
>>
>>63009747

That dumb kikesicle bitch trying to blame Raimi for Spiderman 3 when it was her fault for forcing Venom. I still have a few of the emails - I read them when I need to feel like I'm not a parasitical waste of life.
>>
>>63010641
>@spe.sony.com
>@spe
>spe
>/sp/
>>
>>63010533
>this bullshit pasta.
I repeat for the fucking 5th time: the film made more money than any other film of its type
Fuck Sony for expecting more than they got
>>
>>63010600
she supports j-street, which is slightly different from aipac
>>
Weren't the entire employee records leaked as well? Including pay grades and SSN numbers and shit?
>>
>>63010687
All of Raimi's spidey's were complete diarrhea besides the Elfman music.
>>
File: amy.jpg (63 KB, 634x451) Image search: [Google]
amy.jpg
63 KB, 634x451
>WELL I DONT 100 PERCENT REMEMBER THE QUESTION BUT I THINK THIS IS AT LEAST PART OF THE ANSWER....I STARTED TAKING SPEED AT 12. FIRST I STOLE DIET PILLS FROM MY MOTHER THEN I GRADUATED TO CROSS TOPS AND BLACK BEAUTIES. I BECAME AN ALCOHOLIC IN MY TEENS. I SMOKED 3 PACK OF MARLBOURGH RED CIGERETEES A DAY STARTING AT ABOUT 15 OR 16. I THREW UP WHEN NECESSARY AND TOOK EVERY LAXATIVE AND DIURETIC I COULD GET MY HANDS ON . SOME TIMES THEY WERE THE LOUSY OVER THE COUNTER KIND AND SOMETIMES I STOLE THE REAL ONES

>SINCE BETTY FORD WHIHC WAS A TRUE TURNING POINT IN MY LIFE I WAS 32 AT THE TIME. BECAUSE I STILL HAVE THE SAME UNDERLYING ISSUES..NATURALLY IM STILLL DEALING WITH THE SAME ISSUES EVEN IF IM NOT DRINKING OR TAKING SPEED OR MOKING OR ANY OF THE REALLY BLATANT STUFF. I HAVE HAD THREE LIPO SECTIONS ON VARIOUS PARTS OF MY BODY...AND DREAMOF HAVING A WHOLE LOT MORE.

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/144949
>>
>>63010662
YOUR GAWKERSHIT MOVIE BLOG IS NOT A SOURCE

REVENUE - COST

only asset that matters, not stupid fight club fanboys
>>
>>63010662
See >>63010533

Or wait, should I trust your fan blog over the fucking numbers? And there still being no sequel for it 4 years later?
>>
Here's Drew Goddard's idea for a Sinister Six movie which was later used by Disney/Marvel for Suicide Squad. He's talking about Tom Hardy playing Sandman/Flint Marco:

>— Flint Marco is gonna steal the show

>— The character is pure id — the anarchic enthusiast of the team. A chance to have FUN while celebrating being bad.

>— Tom embodies that anarchy, that triumphant nihilism — we’ve seen him tap into that spirt before in roles like Bronson, but now we have the chance to crank the volume up to ELEVEN.

>— He’s gonna storm through London at the end like God-fucking-zilla. That is not purple prose. He’s going to be AS TALL AS A SKYSCRAPER in the third act of the movie. What does Dr. Strange have? Magic tricks? Fuck you, magic tricks — we’ve got a skyscraper Tom Hardy knocking down buildings!!!!

Later Tom left this, joined Suicide Squad, then left because The Revenant director lost his fucking mind and the shoot rang long:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/161196

Why does Tom Hardy always play big guys?
>>
>>63010720
Thankfully in the real world movies are not judged by the opinions of a 20 year old trying way too hard to seem cultured
>>
File: brushing-teeth.png (210 KB, 555x370) Image search: [Google]
brushing-teeth.png
210 KB, 555x370
>>63010264
>humiliate and take down Wall Street

Marxist Jews hating Banking Jews using Capitalism is hilarious to me.
>>
>>63010703
>the film made more money than any other film of its type

-$110 million dollars is not a success for any film of any type.
>>
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/36360

heh
>>
>>63010264
Fuck it, I'll watch. I mean they're doing Jump in Black, why not Ghostbusters vs Predators featuring the Mask?
>>
>>63010738
>>63010742
>muh blog
It states the cited fact that it made more movie than any other if it's type ever made

Why do you think it having an inflated budget is Finchers fault? Did he go over budget? Did Sony not agree to funding it for $90 million?? It made more money than was really even possible
>>
>>63010749
>Later Tom left this, joined Suicide Squad, then left because The Revenant director lost his fucking mind and the shoot rang long:

I'm having some reading comprehension problems here. He joined the revenant because the revenant director was crazy or the skwad movie?
>>
>>63009918
>>63009920
Don't worry, I'm sure her venture Pascal Films will make it big with the Zoe Quinn movie...
>>
Amy drowns her sorrows over the disaster that was TASM2 by remembering the Raimi days:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/161169

>Spider-Man 3 - Rotten Tomatoes

>http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman_3/

>Remember the days when this DIDNT matter
>>
>>63010720

Fuck you Garfield. Show up for the fucking EXECUTIVE DINNER next time and maybe you'll still have a career.
>>
>>63010317
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/70937

ninja speaking

MICHAEL!

AMY!

NINJA here

was so cool 2 meet you guysx

our little LA trip was such fresh n furious educational experience ;)

we back in africa now finishing up our new album!
it's called DONKER MAG
means 'dark force'
nearly nearly finished!!!
gonna be hitting our next DM music video soopa-doopa soon!
>>
>>63010533

129 million to market an r-rated movie?

Marketing is why any movie succeeds or fails. It was a good flick. Fincher did his job.

>mfw this post reminds of Fincher and Pitt shitting on Hollywood marketing in the Se7en commentary
>>
File: pepe_gaze.jpg (132 KB, 1862x816) Image search: [Google]
pepe_gaze.jpg
132 KB, 1862x816
>>63010681
>reading Fincher emails
>Well it ain't ME
>>
>>63010776
It made more than any other R rated thriller ever released in December. Are you going to refute that?
So if that's true and it STILL didn't turn a profit then it means that the film was doomed to fail before the first shot was ever made and therefore it isn't Fincher's fault
>>
>>63010825
>It states the cited fact that it made more movie than any other if it's type ever made

You're being myopic. Studios don't spend $219 M in order to lose $100 M- especially when you have the sequel script already written and plans for an entire franchise.

They were hoping to take a risk and become a surprise R-rated Christmas hit. The risk failed for them. It's still a great film, but it was still a bomb in their eyes- the only eyes that matter in terms of greenlighting the sequel.
>>
>>63010825
>HURR IT MADE MORE MONEY THAN THIS OTHER VERY SPECIFIC TYPE OF MOVIE THAT MEANS THE LOSSES ARE SOMEHOW MITGATED
>THE DIRECTOR THAT HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OF BUDGET AND MARKETING IS NOT TO BLAME FOR ANYTHING
Stop. Just stop posting and go back to huffing gas and reciting Durden monolgues.
>>
>>63010506

Yeah everyone gets Golden Parachutes at that level. It's still a professional disgrace and blow to one's prestige.
>>
>>63010647
Thank you based Hebrew god
>>
The one where she acknowledges Forster is ruining the Spider-Man franchise and begs Sam Raimi for help will always have a place in my heart.
>>
>Ha ha
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/162454
>>
>>63010863
>Marketing is why any movie succeeds or fails. It was a good flick. Fincher did his job.

Fincher did his job directing the movie. But him insisting on controlling the marketing is what killed it.

>mfw this post reminds of Fincher and Pitt shitting on Hollywood marketing in the Se7en commentary

He can have all the theories he wants, but when it's his turn at bat, and he strikes out, maybe he should shut the fuck up about marketing because it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about

At least let Sony do the marketing for your next movie- don't insist on controlling that after your last disaster.

Note: I'm not talking about if the marketing was cool. It was very cool. But it didn't fucking work. Period. Results are the only thing that matter with, not good intentions
>>
>>63010858
He sounds so hopeful and full of life
>>
>>63010916
Yeah? I don't get what point you're trying to make. It made more money than was possible for it to make. That means that Finchers marketing worked. No, I'm not saying that that makes the movie profitable, just saying that it was doomed from the start, unless they planned for the movie to break records and then double on top of that, which would still be the studios fault
>>
>>63010722

It's fucking astounding what the human body can be subjected to and keep on truckin'

Makes me feel better about my mild Benadryl addiction
>>
>>63010931
>https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/162454
BASED

I miss this type of shit. My boss at my last job was a milfy woman in her 40s who always joked about giving me blowjobs. Working with her was always so funny. Now I work with an old fashiooned humourless male boss, it's a good job but so much more staid.
>>
>>63010963
But he didn't strike out: it made more money than any other film of its type ever. Budget inflation and release date are SONY'S fault
>>
>>63010931
Kinda funny how the upper management have enough power that they know they can get away with anything. All their underlings sending them professional emails and they reply in text speak with terrible formatting, and flirt with each other using their official accounts.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you freedom.
>>
>>63010722
How does someone who types like a retard and can't spell for shit achieve even a modicum of power in any company?

Did she just get fucking lucky or was it nepotism?
>>
>>63010894
The film failed. If a film fails blame is on all parties, director included.

Gone Girl was a genuine success. Fincher failed with Dragon Tattoo.
>>
>>63010159
how is she so wonderful?
>>
>>63010315
Entirely possible, he does have a son or something that comes from the future.>>63010327
>>
>>63011018
It's all about contacts and personal connections.

Honestly, some absolute fucktards get a lot of power just because they get on with people.
>>
>>63011039
You keep denying facts to push a narrative. What you say in this post just isn't even true.
>>
>>63011018
you have it backwards. she's so powerful she doesn't need to write professionally,

she's not a ceo in spite of not knowing basic grammar
>>
>>63010533
>The marketing is the reason the movie failed.

ironically, that's the same reason Steve Jobs bombed.
>>
>>63010978
When your film makes a positive critical reception and fails to earn a positive profit, that means the marketing failed. The notion that the film made as much money as was possible, that it could not have been made cheaper (Fincher is infamous for tryhard amounts of takes) or marketed better is fucking retarded.

This is not some avant garde arthouse film, it's a fucking Oscar caliber murder mystery starring Daniel Craig. Fincher was too proud of his baby to allow a professional marketer to pull in the numbers for a sequel and he fucking blew it.
>>
Those leaks were a great time to be on/tv/
>>
>>63010760
How is hating shitty paced movies that added inconsistent cartoony physics, a slew of bad actors/actresses into parts that didn't fit them, and shitty plots trying to appear cultured?

They were not good movies. The ONLY good performances were Molina and J.K.

Excusing the fact that Toby did not at any point ever behave like Peter OR Spiderman the hero was poorly adapted and acted nothing like Spiderman does or would.

ASM were aesthetically better films because the Spiderman actually behaves like Spidey does with the quips, shit talking, and agility.
>>
>>63011014
>But he didn't strike out: it made more money than any other film of its type ever.

>Budget inflation and release date are SONY'S fault

In the emails the budget and release date were Fincher's fault. So when Fincher gets complete control the studio is to blame because they shouldn't have listened to him. Then when they don't give it to him on Jobs and he walks the studio is still assholes because they didn't give him what he wanted?

hollywood is about leverage. They listened to him on Social Network. It was a hit. so they listen to him on Dragon Tattoo, take more risks, because he was right for TSN. But GWDT bombs. So now he has to take an L. But he refuses to, so they say "fuck you, we're getting Boyle."

Now since Jobs bombed, you can say that was Sony's fault- it doesn't seem to have been Boyle's- he had nothing to do with the marketing.

Leverage isn't continuous, it's discrete. It changes project to project.
>>
>>63010999
i drink 2-3 big glasses of wine every night and have been paranoid as hell

..for no reason it would appear
>>
>>63010159
That's her vacation? Sounds like a lot of work.
>>
>>63010722
oh wow, I can't believe I hadn't put it together before.

A stimulant junkie explains everything going on in all of her emails. I knew people just like her and thats exactly how they typed, just a deluge of stream of consciousness completely unfiltered either through social norms or spell check.
>>
>>63011131
>he had nothing to do with the marketing.

He barely had anything to do with the directing. It's all Sorkin.
>>
>>63010159
>hear gamelan music

God damn she is patrician as fuck
>>
>>63011018
Amy comes from a different type of Hollywood. That's why Sony is floundering. Amy was very successful in the 80s and 90s when a movie like "In A League Of Their Own" could be a huge hit. She wasn't sending a lot of emails in 1991. She's just old and doesn't type well. She knows the business, not the computers.

She's lost in the era of capeshit and reboots. That why was always wanted to do small projects like Moneyball and American Hustle and Foxcatcher. She's hopeless at Marvel-style franchises.
>>
>>63011151
rich people overcomplicate things. the ideal vacation is not planning at all
>>
>>63011136

Yeah we all know a few degenerate alcoholics who make it into their 50s before their body finally crumbles on them. So if a little wine is the extent of your vices then you'll probably be okay, anon.
>>
>>63010572
>michael b gordon
>girl from luther
>peter ---guy from doctor who

Lord have mercy these people are drunk at work and it's interfering with their retard pills.
>>
>>63011074
I'm not denying anything. You are looking at a film that made a $110,000,000 loss as a success.*

*for any thriller rated R, released in December.
>>
>>63011228
I don't get where you are getting this idea that that's as good as it could do?
>>
>>63011018
>or was it nepotism?

Of COURSE it wasn't.
>>
>>63011271
Umm no he's arguing with that anon who does think it's a success
>>
File: 1448112213220.png (154 KB, 383x360) Image search: [Google]
1448112213220.png
154 KB, 383x360
>>63011226
>>
>>63010572
>peter
>doctor who
peter capaldi? bloke ain't fat though
plus, they already have two doctors doing capeshit
>>
>>63011271
I don't why you keep saying it could do. That's as good as it did.

That's why there is no plays with fire. That's why Fincher's moved on.
>>
File: 1424847531389.jpg (119 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1424847531389.jpg
119 KB, 499x499
The one where sony massively fund the democrats party and all sonyggers are swj
>>
File: 1402432049816.jpg (81 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
1402432049816.jpg
81 KB, 500x436
>>63010572
>shua ka beouf

this will never stop being funny
>>
>>63011308
>le why aren't these jews le nazi gentlemen like me?
>>
>>63011226
She didn't even bother to look up their names.
>>
>>63010572
>funny character actors with weight
>jonah hill

wasn't he thin at this point?
>>
>>63011352
People over 50 simply don't understand search engines. They've never had the ability to instantly look up basic facts until recently in their lives and somehow it doesn't click with them.
>>
>>63010572
>that love for Richard Jenkins doe
>>
>>63010858

it made me smile imagining amy reading this in between relapses of consciousness from all the lipo and speed she's doing.
>>
>>63011348
>I hate white people
>>
>>63010681
I just fucking lost my shit with that answer, based fincher
>>
>>63010159
When Amy Adams wants to go on a tropical holiday - you take Amy Adams on a tropical holiday
>>
>>63011379
>>63011296
I think what she means is comedic actors with dramatic range.
>>
>>63010264
that sounds good though.
>>
File: 1441393448185.gif (1 MB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
1441393448185.gif
1 MB, 250x198
The One, where the guy from Community gets a discount for a new SONY tv as sort of a goodbye gift
>>
all those "Hi Amy we went to pre-school together you probably don't remember me haha but hey coul you get a job for my son?" mails
>>
>>63010359
You dont know what youre talking about, friend ;)
>>
>>63010146
Amy isn't incompetent, she's just not cut out to run a modern capeshit & reboot franchise based studio. She'd do great as the producer for an indie film subsidiary- like Warner Independent.
>>
>>63011541
which guy? Joel McHale?
>>
>>63010533
I still cant figure out how this film could not be shot for 50 mill while including bond/goth chick/sarsgard salaries.

All the previews had adult thriller = low mass market appeal.
>>
>>63010641
christ this is embaressing
>>
>>63011578
so you're saying that TGWTDT wasn't a huge financial loss?
>>
>>63010197
Holy shit this is fucking hilarious.

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/?q=jeopardy&mfrom=&mto=&title=&notitle=&date=&nofrom=&noto=&count=50&sort=0#searchresult

Fucking Dan Patrick.

>>63010239
That's actually not bad.
>>
>>63010542
>How can we relate that mail account to subways?

what is a prison sentence for pedophiles?
>>
The one where they warned Bill Murray they would sue him if he refused to do a cameo in that female Ghostbusters
>>
>>63009747
The one where Simon Kinberg said he talked to Amy Pascal about "the truth about Josh Trank" in October, around the time rumors that Trank had been fired from Fantastic Four were going around.

Kinberg was lucky he decided not to talk about the screening of the film in the e-mail cause that probably would've fucked the film up even moreso than Trank's tweet.
>>
I mean... this shit is too unreal to make up.

How could movie exec's actually be this retarded? They can't even form a coherent thought or sentence. This is proof that 99.9% of companies out there are held together by toothpicks and gum, not steel and cement.
>>
>>63011541
>>63011591
>that mail where Joel McHale and some guy from Sony talk about jerking off to Gilian Jacobs
>>
>>63011591

yes, he's a sneaky bastard
>>
>>63010542
>[email protected]
>>
>>63011624
>I heard Daniel Craig's getting 8 million for this. If you don't pay me at least 6, I'm out of this.

Craig hears she's getting 6, he wants 10.

Everybody signed pay-or-play.

Movie comes out and it's spent 60 million on actors alone, even before actual production costs or the cost of doing business come into play and add another 150 million on top. And then no matter what the actual cost of making and marketing the movie, you then add Hollywood Accounting on top of that and the movie's in the red perpetually.

Did you know that no Star Wars film has ever turned a profit on paper? Fox contracts out marketing to Fox, takes a loan from Fox to cover the cost of the contract, and then arbitrarily decides what interest to charge Fox for the loan.
>>
there was one where Amy tells someone the director was coming off as a pedo or some shit
there were a few different ones about it
>>
>>63010246
Yes I fucking will.

>>63010252
Do you needy fuckers not know how to use a search bar?

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/33287

>>63010264
What the fuck happened to Paul Feig? I loved Heavyweights, I loved Sabrina The Teenage Witch, I loved Freaks & Geeks..
>>
>>63011697
I wonder if that was why he's doing a cameo. Well that and his films not doing as well lately.
>>
>>63011697

>we would have to keep the lawsuit lowkey because if news got out we were doing this the PR would ruin us
>>
>>63010081
Don't fuck with Ridley
>>
File: terry-malick-letter.png (92 KB, 789x944) Image search: [Google]
terry-malick-letter.png
92 KB, 789x944
>>63010270
The letter- from a typewriter!
>>
>>63011835
Why did this letter make me cry.
>>
File: 1281214260263.jpg (56 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1281214260263.jpg
56 KB, 285x298
>>63011835
>that signature
>>
>>63011835
I feel graced
>>
>>63011283
>>63011228
Right. I'm not saying it was a financial success. Just saying that it reached its upper limit for box office revenue and thus marketing was not at fault

It was entirely a studio and paycheck debacle
>>
>>63011835
bless me terry for i have sinned
>>
Looks like Quentin Tarantino's next film will be a remake of the film "The Dion Brothers/Gravy Train"

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/69318

there's a bunch of emails of them figuring out who owns it- it turns out Terrence Malick wrote the script in the 70s.
>>
>>63011953
>It reached its upper limit for box office revenue

how?
>>
>>63011835
he looks warm
>>
>>63011835
The amazing thing is Terrence is so revered that not only did his assistant email the President of Sony directly, but the President actually did him the favor:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/127589
>>
>>63012023
>Julie Greifer Swidler
>Swindler

lmao
>>
God, Gareth Evans is such a fucking weeb.
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/57151
>>
>>63012023
I just love that his assistant's email was just terryasst.
>>
>>63011986
Because it broke records for a film of its type (R rated thriller) being released in December. Once that date was set the studio knew what kind of money was possible to make from that decision. And then it reached higher than it could have ever been realistically expected to make
>>
>>63010443

How could they fucking sue him?
>>
>>63011743
they are actually intelligent people with very bad habits. keep in mind this is hollywood, and drugging/selling/fucking/lying your clientele is not only a possibility, but its expected.
>>
>>63012085
Probably contractually obliged to appear in X number of films
>>
>>63011917
a W is just a double R you uneducated moron

learn english etymology
>>
>>63012072
he's a young up-and-coming director, of course he's not going to act like an asshole to studio executives.
>>
File: 4P7xc4X.png (96 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
4P7xc4X.png
96 KB, 332x333
>>63011483
>Ywn take Any Adams on vacation to Bali

wel
>>
>>63010673
The idea of the villain being the brother/mirror image of the hero or the hero's organization has been done to death since Dark Knight, including in Skyfall. Why can't Bond stop an ISIS-type organization?
>>
File: 1372084335314.jpg (12 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1372084335314.jpg
12 KB, 400x396
>>63011835
>>
>>63010703
>I repeat for the fucking 5th time: the film made more money than any other film of its type

Revenue is not the same as profit, of which Dragon Tattoo had approximately negative one hundred million.
>>
>>63011743
you're probably still a child and have yet to realize the cold hard truth in life: that 90% of success in life is based upon who you know, not what you know.
>>
Somebody posts the ones about shilling for Israel.
>>
>>63010749
Tom drops out of Sinister Six. He joins Suicide Squad, which will shoot after Revenant finishes shooting.

Innaritu loses his mind and makes Apocalypse Now 2- so Hardy has to drop out of Suicide Squad.
>>
>>63009747
Any of these emails about Trump or other such C.uckservatives?
>>
>>63010749
>He’s gonna storm through London at the end like God-fucking-zilla. That is not purple prose. He’s going to be AS TALL AS A SKYSCRAPER in the third act of the movie. What does Dr. Strange have? Magic tricks? Fuck you, magic tricks — we’ve got a skyscraper Tom Hardy knocking down buildings!!!!

I didn't know /tv/ wrote movies.

I would've loved to see Tom Hardy as literally a big guy in a movie- imagine the memes.
>>
File: Do I look suspicious.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Do I look suspicious.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1200
>>63011835
>>63011917
>>63012125
My father signs the M in his name as 777 (looks a bit more like an M when written).

Signatures are weird.
I've made it a point to sign things differently. My voter registration is different than my license, which is different than what I signed my lease with. Etc., etc., Don't know why I do it, maybe I was molested by a signature as a child.
>>
>>63012278
>- imagine the memes.

Hey do you want a job at SPE?
>>
>>63010778
Hawaii was such a disaster based on those emails.

The Sony leak made me know that Spectre was gonna be a disaster, that Hawaii was gonna be a disaster. Based on the emails, I think the next big disaster will be Adam Sandler's Candyland animated film.
>>
>>63012079
but American Sniper, for example, made 350 million dollars at the box office and was also an R rated movie released in december. yes, the studio screwed up in a lot of ways, but I don't understand this position you have that ''this is as good as it could have done.''
>>
>>63010845
this tbh_fam, they were so pissed at him for that. That series of emails was hilarious.

>>63010919
>>63010506
It was a little more complicated than that. Publically she was demoted to a new position. Privately she was fired as the head of the studio- the reason she got compensation was she still had a lower prestige job.

Amy shouldn't be running a modern studio. She should run a small film department and make her types of films. Not Spider-man- A league of their own.

>>63010926
"The Marc Forster Experience" I believe was the golden line from that email.
>>
>>63012401
American Sniper is not a thriller
>>
My favorite one is the one where Joel McHale admits to jerking it to Gillian Jacobs
>>
>>63011017
>Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you freedom.

Sort of, I'd word it more by saying Success buys you Leverage.
>>
>>63012175
That would take a John Wick style massacre as even a single living member would restart the organization seeing as how they all have an instruction manual.
>>
the channing tatum jumpstreet thing and those power points that show you how studios really see you 2bh
>>
>>63012263
All were before Trump made his announcement.
>>
>>63011974
> HELLO AMY P HERE...
> HOW ARE YOU? I WANNA TALK ABOUT
> DJANGO/ZORRO WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT...
> ALSO I STILL WANNA DO THE DION BROTHERS
> AND JUST BECAUSE I DIDNT GET TO BE A
> PART OF HATEFUL DOESNT MEAN IM EVER
> GONNA STOP WANTING TO WORK WITH YOU
> (AND HARVEY)
> BEST ALWAYS....AMY

Fuck.
>>
>>63012414
you mean Marc Webb I asume??
>>
>>63012331
>Adam Sandler
>Candyland

GOD NO
>>
File: Powerpoint.png (105 KB, 636x354) Image search: [Google]
Powerpoint.png
105 KB, 636x354
>>
>>63012425
and?

it's a war drama. it's not like movies of this genre are automatically going to earn more than thrillers. both were critically well received films. it all comes down to marketing.
>>
>>63011771
So they are a modern government.
Thanks man, that was interesting to know.
>>
File: powerpoint 2.png (116 KB, 636x354) Image search: [Google]
powerpoint 2.png
116 KB, 636x354
>>
>>63011771
But Hollywood Accounting wasn't applied to Dragon Tattoo. It just plain failed for real.
>>
>>63011624

Because over 100 shooting days because Fincher is anal about little details and does shit ton of takes

100 days = over half of those in Sweden
>>
>>63012414
>FIRED

No, they're never officially FIRED. Their contracts are prematurely ended and compensated according to the document.
>>
File: powerpoint 3.png (116 KB, 636x447) Image search: [Google]
powerpoint 3.png
116 KB, 636x447
>>
>>63011717
Not Amy, but Hannah. In another email Simon or Drew talked about how Just Tank is crazy,
>>
>>63012557
hahaha every time.
>>
>>63012296
>My voter registration
lol, get aload of this idealist delusional prick faggot
>>
All those jewish organizations begging for donations.
>>
File: Annie.png (195 KB, 636x746) Image search: [Google]
Annie.png
195 KB, 636x746
>>
File: Candyland.png (62 KB, 1479x940) Image search: [Google]
Candyland.png
62 KB, 1479x940
>>
>>63012557
christ these people
>>
File: 744x1128.jpg (94 KB, 744x1128) Image search: [Google]
744x1128.jpg
94 KB, 744x1128
>>63010641
hahahahaha what a sad, desperate ugly kike
>>
>>63010749
He just wanted to a big guy
>>
File: Canyland 2.png (25 KB, 1472x334) Image search: [Google]
Canyland 2.png
25 KB, 1472x334
>>
>>63012570
>not gonna automatically make more than thrillers
That's exactly what it means. Oscar b8 war films have a much higher ceiling of revenue than R rated airport thriller adaptations
>>
>>63012605
thanks for the info.
>>
File: Amazing SpiderMan 2-Rough Cut.png (11 KB, 1505x216) Image search: [Google]
Amazing SpiderMan 2-Rough Cut.png
11 KB, 1505x216
>>
>>63012557
>>63012591
>>63010123
>>63010083
>>63010025

Is there a comprehensive list/post that has all of the powerpoint memes from the leaks? These are so absurd they border on parody.
>>
File: Tom_Hanks_3466262k[2].jpg (49 KB, 336x536) Image search: [Google]
Tom_Hanks_3466262k[2].jpg
49 KB, 336x536
>>63010572
>corey stoll
>michael pena
>mfw antman
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.