[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Fargo is showing strong women so much better than shows that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: betsy.jpg (38 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
betsy.jpg
38 KB, 500x281
Why Fargo is showing strong women so much better than shows that aim at this?
And it's better at this WHILE it has badass male characters.
>>
Fargo has always been SJW strong female crap to 2bh. Especially the original movie. I watched it again recently and all I could think about for the entire running time was how much shit /tv/ would give it if it was released today, deservedly so too. But since it was released before most of us were very politically aware the meme that it was a good movie is just ingrained into us to the point that few question it.
>>
>>63009405

Why can't you differentiate fiction with strong female characters and fiction made to have strong female characters?
>>
>>63009405
well admit it
Fargo show is doing this pretty good. Almost Alien-like good.
>>
>>63009515
There is literally no difference because strong females in general are a leftist fallacy.
>>
>>63009280
>Why Fargo is showing strong women so much better than shows that aim at this?
the entire season has been showing them fucking up everything though.

Cancer chick is the only competent one so far.
>>
>>63009549
strong females in Fargo keep their social role and they, well, they are females. with female weaknesses and they're sentimental and bonded to their strong men.
>>
>>63009577
It's already strongly suspected that she's going to cheat on based Patrick Wilson too and he kills her for it.

It's weird how redpilled this show seems to be now after season 1 was such a liberal shill fest with muh tumblr cop.
>>
>>63009280
Peggy is a fantastic character precisely because she isn't strong.

Cancerfu has her shit together and is resilient without being STRONK.

Floyd is one of the few Gerhardts with brains but her diplomacy has been undermined by Dodd being a total fucking retard

Simone is a weasel.
>>
>>63009577
Floyd Gerhardt is strong but she wants to preserve family at any cost. Like female would do. And she got more balls than any of her sons
>>
>>63009280

>average house wife dying of cancer is a strong woman

no
>>
>>63009644
She's a retard.

>And she got more balls than any of her sons
not really
>>
>>63009641
well show got 2 strong women
and two weak

and it explores their traits with deep sight, isnt it?
>>
>strong female character

they're just female characters that aren't (total) shit anon
>>
>>63009622
>It's already strongly suspected that she's going to cheat on based Patrick Wilson too and he kills her for it.

What?
>>
it has good characters who are both sexes because the writers aren't retarded and don't seem to have too obvious an agenda
so you get some strong sensible good women like cancerfu and some stupid retarded women like blacked.com
and likewise with men, on the one hand you have insidious being a decent upstanding not stupid man, and then dodd being a psychopathic moron piece of shit
it's not trying to portray a sex as anything, just a bunch of people as various different people
>>
>>63009671
she's retard for having faith in her sons? for believing in her family?
that's all that interests her, so, no point for her to act different
>>
>>63009549
>There is literally no difference because strong females in general are a leftist fallacy.
Well, either this or a male fantasy. The difference lies in the presentation.
>>
>>63009405
>/tv/
>us
Get fucked.
>>
>>63009644
>>63009280
>>63009405

Because they actually have depth.
They are not just strong cartoon women who are better than "dem men" in any way.

Same for the male characters, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

The black guy is constantly is not doing an overall good job, but he certainly is a "strong" character.
>>
>>63009280
Who is this woman. She's the most beautiful woman on the planet.
>>
>>63009704
It makes too much sense not to happen considering how cynical the depiction of females in the show has been so far.
>>
>>63009709
>she's retard for having faith in her sons? for believing in her family?
in the context? yes, extremely.
>>
>>63009405
The difference is Fargo, both the movie and the film, doesn't have some central message about how women are strong or something like that. The central message of both the film and the tv series is that the world is fucked up even in the nicest of places, it has almost nothing to do with gender politics outside of its portrayal of strong mid-western women (and men). Also in the new season, Kirsten Dunst is playing basically the most evil character, and another girl is shown to be betraying her family by fucking a black guy.
>>
>>63009829
there is no context for her except for family. she treats her sons like ottos legacy. and she's fucking insane about that fucking legacy
>>
>>63009280
I kinda hated it in the beginning but then I rationalized it, mostly because the women liberation movements was really big in the early 70s. However, the writers are retarded as always and fuck up the timelines. They mention Nixon in almost every fucking episode despite Watergate happening and ending in 1974. This takes place in 1979 which means Ford already held one term and Carter had already been elected. The writers are retarded with the history sometimes.
>>
>I dont want feminism I want egalitarianism

a fiction portrays a variety of flawed male and female characters, living and dying the same

>Wah SJW KEK agenda, this is fantasy
>>
>>63009872
And she's doing awful trying to protect it.
>>
>>63009890
they mentioned Watergate two times and both times from half-crazy paranoid shellshocked guys.
>>
>>63009909
she would be doing just fine if her spoiled herd worked together.
>>
>>63009896
>I want egalitarianism
That's what the redditors want. What I and all other authentic posters want female extermination. They've went too far for coexistence to be possible.
>>
File: 1423171250388.jpg (51 KB, 615x630) Image search: [Google]
1423171250388.jpg
51 KB, 615x630
>>63009988
phss
>>
>>63009979
all this happened because she tried to bow down to the mafia, thinking they would be better off biding their time or trying to negotiate.
>>
>>63009946
When I said Watergate, I meant how it relates to Nixon. The last big thing about Nixon happened in 1974. Yet, the characters always mention Nixon ( not Watergate ) despite it being fucking 1979. The writers are fucking retarded hacks. My main point was that women liberation movements were big in the early 70s, which could explain all the "empowered women" shit.
>>
>>63009549
>Source: The Virgin Diaries
>>
>>63010067
people still mention nixon now
>>
File: 1382117886898s.jpg (22 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1382117886898s.jpg
22 KB, 125x120
>All of these Fargo threads
Only silver lining is knowing that since the show is just a flavor of the month all the discussion will dry up completely a few days after the season is finished, just like it did last time.
>>
>>63010138
>Excusing shitty lazy writing and shit tv.

Into the trash you go.jpg
>>
>>63009405
The epitome of an unguided autist on the internet
>>
>>63010209
Don't know how you extreme leftists even find this place.
>>
>>63010245
it's just retards who like the cynical humour but get offended as fuck about everything else.
>>
File: thanks YIFY.png (642 KB, 840x859) Image search: [Google]
thanks YIFY.png
642 KB, 840x859
>>
>>63009988
nigga you gay
>>
>>63010536
Got choked up, really well done scene.
>>
>>63009780
Isn't that the bitch that got keked by cancer in How I Met your Mother
>>
Because they're characters. They have traits other than "strong".
>>
>>63009988

But I like women, they smell nice and are pretty. I don't want them to go away, I just want them to quit their bitching.
>>
>>63009280
Because that's how you do them. Strong women are strong women. A strong woman isn't a carbon copy of a man.
>>
>>63010183
mad autist mad
>>
>>63011165
Women have allied themselves with the black race. They are just another target for our bullets alongside the blacks, jews and gays.
>>
>>63009405

>mentally retarded obese /pol/ shill retards
>politically aware

fucking christ you actually deserve to die just for saying this. i'm cringing so hard.
>>
>>63011270
>mentally retarded obese /pol/ shill retards
Nice projecting. Most devoted right wing white warriors keep their bodies in peak physical condition and have high IQs.
>>
>>63011270
>>mentally retarded obese [...] retards
This is how hard lefties actually project.
Ty for the description of yourself.
>>
>>63009280
Because Noah Hawley is a competent showrunner who has clearly gained a strong handle on the thematic foundation of his work and knows what the series is and isn't.
>>
name of the song at the end?
>>
Strong women on TV is a rally cause for fuckheads.

Hello /pol/, you fucking dinosaur, you.

DIE
>>
>>63011218

But black jewish gay men aren't on the internet all day. Are you mad that they're the superior race?
>>
>>63010536
the fucking feels in this scene were too much, Hawley is a fucking great writer
they even started to justify the black guy being so smug and pretentious, maybe they're having him make memey speeches too much but at least they're trying to justify it in-universe
>>
>>63009979
>why are people flawed and complex lol XD why dont they just do the most logical thing every single time
>>
>>63011418
https://soundcloud.com/whitedenim/just-dropped-in-to-see-what-condition-my-condition-was-in
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.