[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
I finished watching Breaking Bad like 3 months ago, and now every other show seems boring in comparison with it.
I watched Dexter, GoT, Better call Saul and The Wire... those shows are not bad, but I can't get "hooked" like I did with Breaking Bad.

Are those shows just boring or Breaking Bad is the greatest show ever made?
what shows are as good as Breaking Bad?
>>
File: 1401123129954.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1401123129954.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>but I can't get "hooked"
neither can i
>>
Try Mr. Robot
It is the best show i have seen since Breaking Bad.
>>
>>63005205
you think Breaking Bad is not a good show?
>>
File: jj.jpg (2 KB, 156x136) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
2 KB, 156x136
>>63005141
Ask Reddit, faŠ¼.
>>
>>63005228
literally a meme series.
>>
Breaking Bad is Nolan. Breaking Bad is reddit. Breaking Bad is capeshit. Breaking Bad is IMDB.

>what shows are as good as Breaking Bad?
The Wire is a lot better. You are just juvenile in sensibility, like every Breaking Bad fan. It's a comic book. It's a meme. It's a video game. It's a capeshit.
>>
>>63005215
It looks interesting, i'll watch it.
thanks famo
>>
>>63005141
How anyone got through the dark room dramas in that show is beyond me, I ffwd through every mogoloid kid-scene, every anna gunn scene and every anna gunns sister scenes, it made the show a lot more watchable.

Try watching some real shows, that aren't censored and filled with unnecessary forced drama.
Like The Wire, Treme, Carnivale, Deadwood, The Corner, The Leftovers, Band of Brothers, True Detective etc, or you can watch shitty drama bullshit like TWD, Mad Men, Halt and Catch Fire etc.
Or go total plebcore and watch Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Limitless, The Blacklist etc.
>>
File: 1435111436595.jpg (30 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1435111436595.jpg
30 KB, 400x396
>>63005291
>this is the best /tv/ can say against Breaking Bad
>>
>>63005326
the fuckin autist has autism and does drugs, talks to his dead dad all the time and the girl with make up is his sister
>>
well your thread reminds me of the LOST threads where OP would claim it was the best show ever and nothing else would compare, so watch that. Seems right up you narrow alley
>>
>>63005388
>True Detective
Nice meme.

It was good for the first three episodes and then turned it absolute trash. Even Breaking Bad, which I'd put a bullet in anybody's head for thinking it was above mediocre, did better than that.
>>
>>63005266
You are a meme person
>>
>>63005441
i'm a negative space meme.
>>
>>63005441
4u
>>
>>63005428 from all that all you got was a shitty meme? You didn't like the first season, that says something about you not me.
>>
>>63005415
LOST was the best shoe ever made for a long time
>>
>>63005651
show*
>>
>>63005651
it never was a good shoe, or show for that matter.. all it did was put that shitty kate in every movie.
>>
It was OK, but that's all I thought Breaking Bad was. Like 6/10 overall. Really do not get the hype.
>>
>>63005625
If you thought that one take or anything that came after was acceptable television then you are infantile about the medium.
>>
>>63005141
Breaking Bad fucking sucks. Watch anything from HBO.
>>
>>63005726
When breaking bad was over, /tv/ literally forgotten about it within a week.
>>
pic related
>>
>>63005388
I was with you until you listed True Detective.
>>
File: tips.jpg (52 KB, 690x566) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
52 KB, 690x566
>>63005774
>HBO
>>
>>63005727
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? Iā€™ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Iā€™ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Iā€™m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youā€™re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thatā€™s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ā€œcleverā€ comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnā€™t, you didnā€™t, and now youā€™re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youā€™re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>63005388
Is this bait?

Treme and The Corner is not the same league as Carnivale or Deadwood.

Mad Men and Halt are good shows and you put em in with zombie soap opera TWD?

And you think The Blacklist is pleb.

Your advice is useless.
>>
>>63005828
Am I suddenly the only one that liked the 1st season now? fuck y'all niggers.
>>
>>63005776
This. Breaking Bad was only ever discussed after it finished airing in regards to how quickly forgotten it was. Same deal as LOST. It's easy to see the difference between the shows that are popular because of their content and the shows that are popular because they were well marketed memes. People are still have in depth discussions about the sopranos to this day.
>>
>>63005873
The beginning showed potential. The second half was a trainwreck. It had great film making and acting but that's it. It's empty "prestige" product.
>>
>>63005878
>depth discussions
>what did he mean by this xd
>>
>>63005878
Breaking Bad was unquestionably great. It tied up all of it's loose ends. It made you feel edge of your seat. It was FUN and dark at the same time.

But THAT isn't the same thing as subtext. If Soprano's was airing today, it would be struggling for ratings. Literally 2deep4u.
>>
>>63005943
I move in high level intellectual circles, kid. I'm not talking about your reddi/tv/ meme threads.
>>
>>63005878
>Same deal as LOST
you are unbelievably mistaken about that. LOST was talked about for months after it ended, and the board changed its name to /LOST/ for more than a month.
>>
>>63005959
>reddi/tv/
wow! like reddit + /tv/ in the same word, you're a genius m8
>>
>>63005141
The only show I've seen recently that scratched the same itch is Fargo.
>>
>>63005946
>It tied up all of it's loose ends.
It tied up loose ends to a fault. The final season was just like them going down a checklist out of obligation. Made you realize how little the show actually meant. It was only ever "plot". You go down the tracks to see happens next and then it has nothing else to offer.

It was only ever well produced "entertainment".
>>
>>63005853
The Blacklist isn't for plebs? This is the blacklist:
Lady: I hate you, I never want to see you again!
Spade: I have another dude you gotta catch!
Lady: OK! let me trust you 100%
Spade: Haha! I betrayed you!
Lady: Darn it I am never trusting you ever again! boo hoo!
Spade: I have another dude you gotta find tyo find out about your father/husband
Lady: Let's go! I trust you
Spade: Haha! another betrayal for my own ends!
LAdy: You killed my father and betrayed me again!
Spade: lol got a new guy for ya, and this time... it's your REAL dad!
LAdy: wat? My dad? are you my dad???
Spade: no... but yes, but no, lets talk about something else!
Lady: Ok love ya! Lets catch more bad guise!
Spade: I'm not your dad!
Lady: I'm kinda stupid so i wore a wig the entire first seasons like kate mara in f4nt4stic4l 4ou4!
Spade: I have a dude for you to find!
Lady: screw it! I haet yoo!
Spade: Oh come on... he's really really bad!
Lady: ok then i completely trust you! <3<3
>>
Try Fargo
>>
>>63006016
I love that show, but I also see how accurate your post is. I'll just say it's a guilty pleasure from now on. Spader is a TV god.
>>
>>63005943
this.
Sopranos fanboys are the worst
>>
All of the shows listed below are better:

The Sopranos
Mad Men
The Wire
Deadwood
Twin Peaks
Six Feet Under
Carnivale
In Treatment
The Shield
Homicide: Life on the Street
I, Claudius
Rome
The Prisoner
The Twilight Zone
The World At War
Planet Earth
Cosmos
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
All in the Family
The Corner
Heimat
The Singing Detective
Scenes from a Marriage
Fanny and Alexander
Berlin Alexanderplatz
The Decalogue
The Kingdom
Golden Age Simpsons
The Larry Sanders Show
The Civil War
Luck
Brass Eye
Jam
Treme
Forbrydelsen
Fishing With John
Lonesome Dove
Life (BBC)
Borgen
Rectify
>>
>>63005878
>This. Breaking Bad was only ever discussed after it finished airing in regards to how quickly forgotten it was. Same deal as LOST.

This is what newfags actually believe.
>>
>>63006397
>Rectify
stopped reading right there
>>
File: 0Zk8yKt.jpg (32 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
0Zk8yKt.jpg
32 KB, 480x640
>>63006397
Unbeatable list.
>>63005959
*Tips fedora*
>>
>>63005291
Its incredible how many words you used and how little any of it means
>>
File: better_call_saul_-_key_art.jpg (238 KB, 650x963) Image search: [Google]
better_call_saul_-_key_art.jpg
238 KB, 650x963
>>63005141
>>
>>63005920
Then why didnt you initially say that instead of shitposting
>>
>>63006519
OP says he already watched it
>>
The sopranos is pretty much reddit: the show, but you can give it a try.
>>
>>63005841
Kek calm down dude
>>
>>63006397
>twilight zone
A fantastic show, but not even close to a similar tone or type of show. You're retarded for suggesting that.
>>
>>63005141
Boardwalk Empire. Most underrated show I'm television history.
>>
>>63005141
I get what you're saying, but BB was what it was, it's life.
I got hooked more on The Shield after BB finished. That the other shows you mentioned.
Mr Robot it a flaming pile of junk, don't be talked into it anon, it'll only piss you off. The main character has no charisma, he's ugly, and there are huge close ups off his autistic face constantly. Pathetic gibbering wreck of a character.
>>
File: wpid-jfc2.jpg (56 KB, 535x371) Image search: [Google]
wpid-jfc2.jpg
56 KB, 535x371
>>63006397
And this is better than all of those
>>
>>63005776
This is true. But it was also clearly the most watched thing during its last season. Maybe literally everyone was watching it so they all stopped watching it at the same time?
>>
And what about OZ
>>
>>63007812
meme: the show
>>
>>63005215
worst show I ever saw.
> forced-pregnant-bdsm scene
>edgy hacker boy
>gay sex scene
>NWO

this series is shit.
>>
>>63006400
Hell, I remember the night of the Lost series finale was the same night that the BrBa episode "Fly" aired precisely because more people on /tv/ were talking about "Fly." That was well before I even gave BrBa a shot.
>>
>>63005205
Thanks for the laughs.

>>63005141
>Breaking Bad the greatest show ever made
Sorry to break it to you, but you're a fucking pleb.
>>
Stalest pasta on this board.
>>
>>63007891
That could be because there was a sticky for Lost.
And everyone on /tv/ was talking about how the "Fly" episode was the worst episode of BrBa so far.
It finally jumped the shark with the Gus Two-Face scene.
>>
>>63006974
how exactly?
i am not trying to imply anything here, just curious
>>
>>63006016
She knows he uses them to his benefits but doesnt mind since they catch them bad guys, whats the problem?
>>
Watch Anime.
>>
File: you know the rules.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
you know the rules.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>63005830
Leftovers is the greatest show currently airing
>>
>>63008262
You can buy the box set, or you can find streaming sites for free online.
>>
>>63006322
But also the most accurate.
>>
>>63006397
>Brass Eye

My man.
>>
>>63008884
The Leftovers is edgy as shit
>>
>>63007874

this desu senpai
>>
>>63008169

what is a great show?
>>
>>63009634
Game of Thrones, Dr. Who, True Detective s1...
>>
ITT: shit taste
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.