[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: bom-og.png (83 KB, 1194x624) Image search: [Google]
bom-og.png
83 KB, 1194x624
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but what are your opinions on The Book of Mormon?

I was considering buying tickets to see it on broadway but they are so expensive I need to know if its worth it. Is it as good as the South Park musical?
>>
Loved it.
>>
>>63005035
I saw it right after it came out. It was fantastic, even as someone who doesn't like plays much, but I don't know how much it has changed since then. Maybe someone who has seen it then and now can give you a better perspective.
>>
>DUDE RELIGIONS DUMB LMAO
If you like that kinda stuff your going to have a good time
>>
File: 1439882546112.jpg (69 KB, 637x593) Image search: [Google]
1439882546112.jpg
69 KB, 637x593
>>63005035
any decent quality rips or camrips? was told there was b4 but have never seen

inb4 hurr rips of broadway hurr durrr
>>
>missing the entire point of act 2
>>
>>63005148
If this thread is still up by 1:30 pm PST today, I'll give you a video of someone's recording of the show
>>
>>63005153
I meant for
>>63005109
>>
I thought it was good but I was surprised it got so much attention.

It was funny but not that funny
>>
>Tfw gf wants to go see this in London
>£150 a ticket

JUST
>>
File: 1387065252428.jpg (281 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
1387065252428.jpg
281 KB, 1600x1064
>>63005178
H O P E
>>
>>63005035
I saw a bootleg of it. I really wish they'd make it into a movie. Its pretty good, I pirated the album afterwards and still listen to some songs on occasion. If you get the opportunity I'd say go see it, but then again I'm not a theaterfag so i don't know how much tickets like that are so it might not be worth it.
>>
>>63005178
You better deliver.
>>
>>63005369
Its like 150 for one ticket. That plus the drive/busfare makes it pretty pricey
>>
>>63005369
>I really wish they'd make it into a movie.

It'll make more money as a play.

It comes out as a movie people will just pirate it.

Hollywood needs to consider moving dramatic productions to the stage since they don't sell in theaters.
>>
>>63005035
Saw it in London. It was pretty based. As an experience it was totally worth it.
>>
>>63005249
It got that kind of attention because other Broadway shows pretend to be classy but Matt & Trey just went ahead and did an episode of South Park as a play. It got attention because "fuck you god" is kind of a big deal to snobby new yorkers who go to Broadway. The SP episode Broadway Bro Down kind od explains the absurdity of it all.
>>
>>63005601
I paid $70 for the traveling production. It was amazing. Still Broadway quality effects and sets.
>>
>>63005616

How much was it and where did you see it?
>>
Saw it with my gf and mom. It's fucking hilarious. I'm not a musical fan by any means. It's also hilarious seeing a bunch of old people laugh there ass off repeatedly to a song that days "God fucking sucks."
>>
Still waiting the movie with same casting and directed by Trey Parker.

Matt Stone does fucking nothing, Parker is the real mastermind of all their work.
>>
It's great. The big musical set piece after intermission is called spooky mormon hell dream and it's fucking hilarious
>>
I didn't know it was in London, but €250 for a show and a hotel is not worth it
>>
>>63005297
They do a lottery every show 2.5hrs beforehand. You go to the side-entrance and sign up for the chance to win 2 front row seats (at £20 each, but that saves fucking £200).

Did that with my girlfriend and won first-try. Fucking amazing day senpai.

Obviously this only really works if you have the opportunity to go to Leicester Square often.
>>
>>63005831
Every genius needs their bouncing board. Plus, Stone makes Parker laugh. When you're the funny guy, finding someone who can still surprise you is integral to art

Without Matt, Trey would've never done shit with his life.
>>
>>63005869
I couldn't get a pic of Satan and his was fucking hardkore
>>
>>63005035
James?
>>
>>63005926

Oh do they? I didn't know that. Thanks man. I'll check it out.

My girlfriend's always on about it to me. The cheap plays always look like a load of crap that I wouldn't enjoy.
>>
>>63005035
Saw a bootleg of the previews and it was awesome. There actually is a lot of the sensibility of the south park movie, especially if you liked the homages to musicals.
>>
>>63005035
It was great and I knew it wouldn't be shit due to the ending of the mormon episode where you knew they'd expand on that argument in the play itself.
>>
I really really enjoyed it.

It's very much its own thing though, there are a handful of lines which are done in south park voices but youd only know if you watched the show.
>>
>>63005297
£150? fucking how, i saw it earlier this year for around £50

considering its a good theatre too it was a bargain
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.