[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jabba the Hutt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: jabba.jpg (8 KB, 341x148) Image search: [Google]
jabba.jpg
8 KB, 341x148
hey, /v/, I was rewatching A New Hope in anticipation of the Cash-cow awakens, and I seem to remember Jabba the Hutt originally being a guy in a fur coat, rather than the shitty cgi puppet when he's talking with Han in Mos Eisley (pic related)
Am I just being retarded or was this a thing?
>>
You're retarded. Jabba always was the slimedog.
>>
>>63003693
No he wasn't.

>>63003631
That was the theatrical release. That got changed before A New Hope was even on VHS, I think. Or it was in the reprint. Whatever. Either way, Lucas tried to hide that.
>>
Jabba was always there, stop trying to campaign for changes to the OT, it's suffered enough

Thankfully Jabba doesn't look any different than from release, they didn't touch up his CGI that's why it looks bad
>>
>>63003631
>/v/
>>
File: 1424106275900.jpg (21 KB, 378x220) Image search: [Google]
1424106275900.jpg
21 KB, 378x220
>>63003739
>>63003693

That scene wasn't even in the original release. They used a cut scene and shit all over it with the crappiest cgi I have ever seen in my life.
>>
>>63003917
This guy is correct.

>A new scene has been added in which Jabba the Hutt confronts Han in the Millennium Falcon's launch bay. This scene was originally a deleted scene from the 1977 film, with a human actor playing Jabba. A computer-generated Jabba replaces the human actor, accompanied with new dialogue recorded in Huttese.
>>
>>63003917
>>63003983
To add to this:
Lucas is a notorious liar. He has claimed many times that the scene with the human Jabba was always intended to be replaced with an alien in editing, he just didn't have the budget for it. This is another Lucas lie.

If you want to read all the evidence against Lucas' story, see http://fd.noneinc.com/secrethistoryofstarwarscom/secrethistoryofstarwars.com/jabba.html
>>
In the original take they had Han circle behind Jabba where the tail on the non-human Jabba would be, so they had to awkwardly edit it so Han deliberately stepped on his tail.

George is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>63004088
Never really bothered me. Don't hate the cgi song at Jabbas Palace either. Oddly enough I went into fits about them giving the sarlacc a beak, even as a child.
>>
>>63004135
that cgi song is one of the worst eyerapes you can imagine
>>
>>63003734
thanks for clearing that up.
looks so shitty in the original cgi i think i would have prefered that homeless man.
>>
>>63004135
i get it's meant to be there for comic relief, but it doesnt fit the tone of the rest of the movie at all, which IMO is much darker than people give it credit for, especially with luke running around force-choking pigs. Add to that that the CGI was shit-tier with that weird singing alien.
What's wrong with just having the weird blue guy on the piano?
>>
>>63004135
It's such a pace interruption, and just a shit fuck song. SY SNOOTLES ALL I NEED
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.