[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Attenborough Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: david-attenborough-395913.jpg (40 KB, 590x432) Image search: [Google]
david-attenborough-395913.jpg
40 KB, 590x432
>The much-loved broadcaster and naturalist has set a new deep-sea diving record after plunging 1,000ft below sea level for a new documentary.

>Almost 60 years after his first scuba dive at Australia's Great Barrier Reef, Attenborough returned and managed to see parts of its flora and fauna which have never before been seen.

>The father-of-two was armed with a cameraman and Triton submersible pilot as he filmed one of three documentaries, which are set to be shown on BBC One over Christmas.

>Speaking of his latest experience, Attenborough told The Sunday Times: "There is no other one like [Triton], and it took me to a part of the reef which no human being has ever looked at before."

UNSTOPPABLE
>>
>>63002112

>haha time for the Hunt!
>deep sea segment
>fuck
>>
Can you imagine how much money it costs to send one of those things down? I'm glad the BBC is spending money on this instead of all the other dreck, but just watching the "On The Hunt" portions makes my wallet hurt.
>>
>>63002149
tons of money. but they have the best documentaries, so thank god that they exist
>>
>>63002112
>deep diving at 89 years old

Surely he shit himself doing that.
>>
>>63002384

>not pooping before you go down

Do you even knighthood?
>>
>See a thread about David Attenborough
>Expect him to be dead

Jesus Christ my heart
>>
>>63002399
I was talking by experience, last time I was diving I shit myself at 50ft, just for the compression.
>>
>>63002112
Deep Sea Exploration is truly a patrician hobby
>>
>>63002438
maybe in 30 years
>>
>>63002465

Oh I see, thought you wuz just being cheeky
>>
>>63002438
As terrible as it will be, there is enough audio of him that they can piece together everything he could possibly want to say digitally for documentaries when he leaves this world.
>>
>>63002131
>tfw you saw bioluminescent jellyfish at 5m depth in cold as fuck Europe waters

pretty cool
>>
>>63002149
They'll recoup some of the costs by selling the show to Discovery and foreign markets, no?
>>
I watched Frozen Planet last year and I couldn't believe he was actually stood there in the middle of the fucking arctic.
>>
I am considering getting the box set of all of his early documentaries. Would you say they are too dated to bother with or are they still worth watching?
>>
>>63002784

He and Ranulph Fiennes are badass on a level that blows my mind whenever I think about them.
>>
Is it fair to say that he invented a genre
>>
>>63002900
Agreed. 100% Based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK0N9Ec5ybc

If you're in the UK it won't work so use proxfree.com and change the IP address to a US one.
>>
>>63002876
are you serious? his documentaries will never be dated
>>
>>63002998
BBC stuff is blocked in Britain.

That doesn't make any sense.

BBC banned in Britain lel
>>
>>63003001
Well, I mean in terms of scientific discoveries and so on. I just didn't want it to be a bunch of things that are now either inaccurate or wrong.

Watching the Sagan series Cosmos felt a little dated due to the amount of discoveries and breakthroughs in the last thirty years.
>>
>>63003022
It's to force you to use the iPlayer. Which doesn't have that clip. Madness.
>>
>>63002694
No way is this true
>>
>>63003054
What's so hard to imagine in that. There must be more than thousands of hours worth of recordings with him. There might be some obscure words that is left out, but he has certainly used enough words for somebody with access to put together just about any sentence imaginable.
>>
absolute madman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCR62LAuPsk
>>
>>63003200
So cool.
>>
>>63003024
you'll be fine
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.