[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this be the highest grossing film of all-time? Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: force awakens poster.jpg (116 KB, 599x888) Image search: [Google]
force awakens poster.jpg
116 KB, 599x888
Will this be the highest grossing film of all-time?

Let's face it: this is the sequel to a film trilogy over 30 years old that's the most popular sci-fi/fantasy series on Earth. Episode VII is literally the most anticipated film of all-time.

Barring the possibility that word gets out that Episode VII is actually worse than The Phantom Menace, is there ANY way it won't shatter every box office record?
>>
>>63000405
>Episode VII is literally the most anticipated film of all-time.
there was much more hype surrounding phantom menace
>>
>>63000418
>there was much more hype surrounding phantom menace

Was there really? Damn, I feel sorry for old people who like Star Wars, that must have been a massive letdown.
>>
>>63000405
>Let's face it
What you need to face is Camron's cock down your throat when TFA won't even break 2bn
>>
>>63000447
>old people
Most people over the age of 25 remember the release of The Phantom Menace pretty well, youngling.
>>
>>63000493
>over the age of 25

Exactly.
>>
>>63000505
Just you wait.
>>
> Episode VII is literally the most anticipated film of all-time.
Not really, I have zero hype for this movie. I watched the star wars movies when I was younger and they didn't really have as much of impact as it does on most people. I didn't dislike them, but they weren't anything special to me. Not to mention with the last movie episode 3, the story ended anyway so as far as I'm concerned they're just milking the franchise, something which I hate with a passion. I'll torrent it when the Blu-ray comes out and watch it eventually on a day when I have nothing else to watch. If somehow, the people I know and whose taste I trust dislike it, I won't do that even that.
>>
File: the force awakens.jpg (2 MB, 4608x3072) Image search: [Google]
the force awakens.jpg
2 MB, 4608x3072
>>63000418
The Force Awakens is not only the most watched film trailer of all-time on YouTube, it's also the fastest preselling film of all time. There's non-stop news coverage, billboards and ads everywhere, action figures and board games and shit, Star Wars is Disney now. No film has ever had the entire critics board decide to postpone their film judgements JUST for a single film (because they recognize it's literally the most awaited film of all-time and want to be able to nominate the actors/set designers/CGI artists/whoever else for 2016 Oscars.

Phantom Menace came out in a different age, when marketing things in real life was the only real way to get it out there. The Force Awakens is doing the same thing, but they're using the internet a lot as well as part of their marketing, back in the day millions of kids couldn't just go on YouTube to see the new Star Wars trailer. This isn't just a film series to sell toys of podracers to little kids now, this is the film designed to appease two generations of fans, and then hook in a 3rd one.

It's meant to bring up those feelings of nostalgia for the older people who grew up seeing the original trilogy in theatres who never imagined they'd see what happened to Luke and the gang after RoTJ. It's meant to bring in those fans who started watching the Prequel trilogy as kids, and eventually watched the OT and wondered what happened next. And it's gonna make a bunch of kids born after 9/11 want to put on a mask like Kylo.

>>63000477
I will be genuinely shocked if TFA doesn't shit all over Avatar's records.

You're talking about a movie that got popular for being the first decent use of 3D visuals in a blockbuster vs the sequel the series that's been part of the world's collective unconsciousness for almost 40 years, which also happens to be an IMAX 3D film. There were kids reciting the lines to these movies before any of us were born.
>>
>>63000587
You're a bitter exception. You not liking the films has more to do with you being a bitter person who doesn't like much of anything (clearly evident from your post) than anything being wrong with the movies.

In theaters across north america people will stand up and applaud the minute the Star Wars theme starts and the opening scroll begins. NO fucking film series has the sheer amount of hype and obsessive fandom to it that Star Wars has. there are neckbeards who will pay hard earned cash to watch this movie 10 times in theaters. It's a social phenomenon, I can't think of any other film where the entire theater bursts out in laughter at things like Obi Wan telling Anakin "I swear boy, you'll be the death of me one day.." People will make their kids watch it because they want their kids to be obsessed with Star Wars.

it doesn't matter how much bitter 4channers want to dislike this movie, it will shatter all the records and make Star Wars even more of a global phenomenon.
>>
dumb literally poster
>>
>>63000597
Not only is J.J a hack but he's also a manlet. lmao.
>>
>>63000597
Lupita is a lot hotter than Daisy tbqh
>>
It'll be a flop.
Most old people don't give a fuck about Star Wars, kids these days don't care about Star Wars, girls don't like Star Wars, so what's left is just a bunch of young adults and manchildren in the ""nerd"" culture.
The people who are indifferent about it would get turn off by the overwhelming amount of commercial and tie in products by the time it released.
>>
I just don't like that it's basically a redux of the original movie. That's fine for younger kids but I'm ready for new things and I'm not a faggot who craves for blatant pandering.
>>
File: le god face.jpg (92 KB, 588x430) Image search: [Google]
le god face.jpg
92 KB, 588x430
>Yes..i hear you all...i hear you down there,talking shit. i listen and chuckle, to your anger and bitterness echoing from below. such intense rage yet so minute and insignificant...so distant. the hum of grandiose declarations, supported only by delusions of mere mortals. one after another they have crawled before the golden gates of the 2 billion mark. barely standing up,bloody and tearful, trying to grasp it with thier gaze, realizing they will never pass through. they gave thier absolute best, but never reached thier destination. cursing my name as they are being cemented for eternity to thier pitiful position. but i forgave the blasphemy, disregarded thier envy, while i sit on the throne, ever so confident in my divine right as the Emperor Director. yet i still wish for a worthy contender, for a noble spirit to clash swords with. it is indeed, lonely at the top...
>>
I'm going to watch In The Heart of the Sea twice just to shit on the disneyjews.
>>
>>63000662

The only reason the sequels are being made is to cash-grab on nostalgia. The over-arching story ended with ROJ. Lucas being out of the story telling process just makes the sequels a space fantasy film in a Star Wars wrapper. Combine that with mother fucking Disney's Jew PC garbage, and what you're left with is a reason to stay home and stare at the walls.
>>
>>63000779
>I'm going to watch this cgi shitfest to shit on this other cgi shitfest
>>
the only people excited for it seem to be youtube "nerd" personalities
>>
>>63000702
It's already made back its budget in pre-sales.

If you think this film will be anywhere remotely close to a flop, you're delusional. Really, it would be dumb to think TFA won't at the VERY least be in the top 5 highest grossing films of all-time.

What IS happening is that everybody (from old people to married couples with children, neckbeards, little kids, people's aging parents, teenagers, college students etc.) are getting hyped for the movie, making reaction videos that get millions of views just of themselves watching the trailers, several channels have cropped up just to discuss Star Wars (which have received Disney sponsorship). Universities are starting to sell Star Wars related clothes even.

>>63000755
people have already forgotten about Avatar. Cameron will have to actually make Avatar 2 and 3 actually have some hype if he wants the Avatar trilogy to compete with the Sequel Trilogy. And personally I think they will almost definitely be overshadowed, people don't have the same connection or obsession with Avatar characters compared to Star Wars.

>>63000779
They literally don't care. For every time you decide not to watch the Force Awakens, over 100 people just in the city you live in decide to watch it. That's on top of the hundreds of millions of people going to watch it anyways, some of them multiple times.

>>63000805
yeah, no. see people like you who think everything should just end and be left alone make up the bitter less than 1% of people that literally no one gives a fuck about.

everyone else would rather pay money to see a new star wars movie every single year for as long as Disney will keep making them. people are fucking IN LOVE with this universe and nothing you say or do or bitch about will change the fact that Force Awakens is going to be the biggest film of all time, and it's only going to be the beginning.

People will line up for the Boba Fett, Han Solo and Rogue One movies too. And of course Episode VIII and IX.
>>
>>63000405
It will be a massive success obviously. The Jurassic World market alone will make it so.

>>63000779
So will I but mostly because I work on the ship in it. It better be good after all the blue 'easy removed' paint stuff we spent 6 months scraping off everything on deck.
>>
>>63000846

If people have already forgotten Avatar then I wonder how long people will forget about The Force Awakens? I think with Disney producing a new Star Wars film every year there's going to be nothing memorable about it especially since the story just seems to be a copy and paste of A New Hope with references and call backs nonstop to the OT.
>>
>>63000846
>corporate fanboyism

>>>/reddit/
>>
File: tippin respectfully.png (75 KB, 248x238) Image search: [Google]
tippin respectfully.png
75 KB, 248x238
>>63000805
>stare at the walls
Or he could watch acutal films
>>
>>63000587
>I have zero hype for this movie
>I

Well there's a lot more people than just you. I haven't seen this much hype for a movie in a long while. I see MUCH more hype for this than I did for Jurassic World and its not even December yet. Just looking at fandango and seeing all the sold out shows compared to all the other blockbusters I've pre-preordered tickets for is telling me how big this is going to be.
>>
>>63000881
Avatar was not a series that had 40 years worth of people watching it and massive backstory to it's world that people were familiar with.

Basically the Episodes VII - IX will be massive productions, probably the Threequel trilogy will eventually be greenlit. The Anthology movies will have tons of viewers as well, but they're more like the Xmen spinoff movies that are mostly for the fanatics. The core Star Wars movies always having shitloads of hype to them.

>>63000895
It's so weird to me how this is the year that both Jurassic World and Episode VII comes out. Episode VII will sell out more though just because while they both have the generic crowd who want to watch some action packed blockbuster, Star Wars has the backing of old people, neckbeards, autistic children and SJWs to power its sales.
>>
>>63000597
>I will be genuinely shocked if TFA doesn't shit all over Avatar's records

Nigga, I love star wars more than anything, but I don't think you realize how much 2.8 billion dollars is. Not to mention you talk about Avatar as if it didn't change the game. Whether you like it or not you should respect what Cameron did.
>>
>>63001014
Alright, maybe "shit all over" Avatar is a stupid thing to say. However, I do believe it will top Avatar's records overall just based on how big of a phenomenon Star Wars is. No disrespect to Cameron, Avatar was great and I have high hopes for 2 and 3. Plus we can pretty much thank him for the fact that almost every film is 3D now. Episode VII might not have been in 3D if not for Avatar.
>>
>>63000846
>Implying what Camron is cooking won't blow SW out the fucking water
SW literally rehashing the OT in the most pandering and disgusting way possible. Avatar's expanded universe is going to shit on whatever Disney comes up with. i have trust in Jimbro
>>
>>63001084
Despite all the hype, I still can't get behind the idea that Episode VII will beat Avatar. Really I'd be surprised if it made more than 1.8 - 1.9 million, but only time will tell.
>>
>>63000846

Sweetheart, gtfo. Don't want tits.
>>
File: lauren what.jpg (38 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
lauren what.jpg
38 KB, 500x502
>>63001115
... really?

Did people actually really think Avatar's story was that amazing? It was a good movie, but it's a good movie because of the 3D. I don't understand why anyone would watch Avatar in 2D. Barely remember the plot at all to be quite honest.

All I remember about the Avatar hype was everyone going off like "Oh my god Avatar had the coolest 3D effects in any movie I've ever seen." People continuously saying how they say it more than once just because the special effects were so gripping. And when I saw it I was like "Shit, that WAS the coolest 3D effects I've ever seen." It was an interesting concept for a film for sure, and well executed, looked amazing, worth watching in 3D again if you have a big 3D tv available. But I can't even fucking remember any of the character's names, I can't see myself rewatching these movies for anything besides the special effects.

Meanwhile Star Wars not only has the incredible music that's become classic and internationally recognized, hundreds of memorable lines and characters, aliens, alien voices, droid designs, planets, multiple suns, ships, weapons, outfits. Just the whole universe of what Star Wars is fascinates millions of people, the mystery and story of the Skywalker legacy, the classic ESB twist that's become one of the most well known plot twists in the history of cinema. This is on top of all the breakthroughs in practical and special effects the the original trilogy had, AND the CGI breakthroughs the prequel trilogy had (cause even if the story was shit, the CGI was recognized as being groundbreaking for its time). I can't compare Avatar to shit like growing up watching the OT with my older brothers, and them making all the alien sounds in sync with the film cause they'd watched that shit like 20 times. And there wasn't even any 3D, Episode VII has Imax 3D on its side now.

>>63001195
>>63001210
It's Star Wars man. Avatar doesn't have remotely close to the fanbase Star Wars does, it just looked cool.
>>
>>63001115

The Force Awakens could easily be called A New Hope, and vise versa. So our OT heroes failed at destroying the remnants of the Empire, and now we're supposed to believe these new characters will somehow succeed because vaginas.
>>
>>63000405

Anon haven't you heard? All the 4chan economists who have an expertise on the entertainment market with more knowledge than a multi billion dollar company say the movie is gonna flop.
>>
>>63000597
>I will be genuinely shocked if TFA doesn't shit all over Avatar's records.

How can you be this delusional?

You do realise Avatar made $2.1b overseas, right?
>>
>>63001248
Disney is just cashing in on everything that WAS great about OT. they play it as safe as possible. zero risks, zero originality. i have nothing to look forward to in the new trilogy but PC shit and merch.
>>
File: 1435366701924.png (875 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
1435366701924.png
875 KB, 968x745
>>63000846
>people are fucking IN LOVE with this universe and nothing you say or do or bitch about will change the fact that Force Awakens is going to be the biggest film of all time
>>
>>63001305

It's going to be very similar to what Abrams did with Star Trek, but with a plate of PC shit.
>>
>>63001275
yea because that never happened
>Tommorowland
>John Carter
>Lone Ranger
off the top of my head
>>
File: Dog belittle.png (39 KB, 407x365) Image search: [Google]
Dog belittle.png
39 KB, 407x365
>>63000755
>>
>>63000405

Remember when Episode I came out?

Multiply that disappointment by 2.
>>
File: star wars cover girl 02.jpg (500 KB, 1735x1080) Image search: [Google]
star wars cover girl 02.jpg
500 KB, 1735x1080
they're really marketing to women on this film

>>63001275
I know people on this site have always been contrarian just for the sake of being so, but it's kind of weird how out of touch people here are. I can't fucking go grocery shopping without seeing tons of Star Wars related grocery shit everywhere. All my nephews are demanding Star Wars shit for Christmas, I don't even know how they know what Star Wars is, they're not even 10. Personally I'm looking forward to making fun of people by just shitposting Force Awaken sales numbers in the weeks following release.

>>63001278
>Cameron fans are this out of touch with the rest of the world.

It's Star Wars. It's this massive global phenomenon that's fascinated people for decades. Arguably the most iconic villain in all of cinema. That movie where if you just start humming the opening theme, literally everyone knows what movie it is. That film series that made billions of retarded little boys swing around sticks with their friends pretending to be Jedi.

Avatar is a movie that's cool because it's 3D. That's all it ever was and what people will tell their kids they remembered about seeing it the first time. I really hope Cameron does a good job with 2 and 3 but I think Star Wars being revived is going to end up stealing a lot of the Avatar steam. People will inevitably be more interested in Star Wars.

>>63001338
literally films no one has heard of. can't even be compared the weight a franchise like Star Wars has.

I don't get it, you guys on this website act like you don't even know what Star Wars is or how retardedly popular it is. I guess this is what happens when you never leave the house or make friends and just repost pictures of Bane and Cameron all day.
>>
>>63001360
Can't wait for the catalog to be flooedd with thumbnails of Finn & Rey kissing
>There's a cu.ck storm a brewing
>>
>>63001338

>comparing the Lone Ranger or Carter to the monster that is the Star Wars franchise

Phantom Menace came out the reviews said it was shit and still made a ton of money, Clones comes out the reviews say it's shit, and despite people's disappointment over Phantom it still makes a ton of money. Then Sith comes out and rinse and repeat. Even if this movie is objectively worse than Phantom which is doubtful it will still make a ton of money.
>>
>>63001392

I can't wait for my daughter to start dating a black guy because I raised her to love Star Wars.
>>
File: daisy ridley john boyega.webm (2 MB, 703x360) Image search: [Google]
daisy ridley john boyega.webm
2 MB, 703x360
>>63001392
same tbqh

check this out

https://youtu.be/qjyQ5s199LM?t=4m40s

>"cause for me this is..."
>turns to John, smiles
>"the longest thing I've EVER done!"
>starts laughing
>>
>>63001389
>I don't get it, you guys on this website act like you don't even know what Star Wars is or how retardedly popular it is. I guess this is what happens when you never leave the house or make friends and just repost pictures of Bane and Cameron all day

I'm sure you swim in pussy,champ.
>>
>>63001389
>It's this massive global phenomenon
>global

No it isn't. It's an American thing primarily. You do realise the prequels only made just over 50% of their gross overseas? That's fucking terrible for any movie, even released in the early 2000s. Star wars isn't as big as you think it is in the rest of the world. The only thing this movie has a realistic possibility of doing is surpassing the domestic all-time record set by Avatar, and even that's a stretch. The $2.1b overseas gross is completely insurmountable for a Star Wars movie, and you have to be completely delusional to believe otherwise.

For comparison, Avatar made almost 75% of its gross overseas, $2.1b to $750m.
>>
>>63001389
>I guess this is what happens when you never leave the house or make friends and just repost pictures of Bane and Cameron all day.

Chill, anon.

There are more factors than simply "It's star wars" to consider when determining it vs. Avatar. I speak for myself when I say that I fucking love Star Wars, but again, there are more factors to consider. Hype and name brand can only take a film so far in the box office and that's something that applies to all films, Star Wars included.
>>
>>63001389
>Personally I'm looking forward to making fun of people by just shitposting Force Awaken sales numbers in the weeks following release.

Yeah, and that's the only thing you'll be doing because the only records TFA has a chance of breaking are the irrelevant first-week ones that will be broken by the next big generic blockbuster.

Meanwhile 40 days after release and it becomes apparent that it never had a chance of coming close to Avatar's record, I'll be ramping up the Jimposting to max.
>>
>>63001428
hollywoods ugliest couple
>>
File: micro falcon.jpg (36 KB, 644x412) Image search: [Google]
micro falcon.jpg
36 KB, 644x412
>>63001438
you underestimate how much bootlegging in asia bites into Star Wars potential earnings. Also the Asian audience was smart enough to recognize the prequels as shit, the OT was globally acclaimed when they came out.

basically all this movie has to do is not be as hated as phantom menace

>>63001492
>40 days

I'm predicting Star Wars will be one of those films that stays in theaters much longer than most films just because of the neckbeards and latecomers who will still want to watch and rewatch the films months after Dec 18. I'd recommend you just delete that Jim folder, it will only embarrass you in the future.
>>
>>63000587
Well if YOU have zero hype for this, I guess Disney is screwed.
>>
>>63001195
>million
You mean billion, right? 1.8 million is peanuts when you're talking about blockbusters.
>>
This is what butthurt haters actually believe.

Cry more. And dubs
>>
>>63001518
>you underestimate how much bootlegging in asia bites into Star Wars potential earnings.

You're spewing shit and have no idea what you're talking about. I'm done with such a delusional idiot. Bottom line is, even if TFA manages to near Avatar's $750m domestic gross, it still has to gross $2.1b overseas to beat Avatar. This is impossible. No other movie has even grossed that much worldwide (except of course Titanic), and a Star Wars movie certainly isn't going to do it. Star Wars is an American-centric franchise that may be extremely popular in the USA, but nowhere near as big in other parts of the world.

My realistic prediction: $1.8-$2.1b worldwide, firmly behind both Avatar and Titanic
>>
>>63001536
Whoops. Yeah, meant billion.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
>>63001518
>delete that Jim folder
>>
>Negro main character

I found the problem
>>
>>63001601
>Cry more

AND SO IT BEGINS ONCE MORE.
>>
I want to go to Star Wars land in Disney tbqh
>>
>>63001610
this is the same year some dinosaur movie crept up on those records. And Jurassic World didn't have nearly as much hype as The Force Awakens worldwide. Already shattered all the presale records, crashed movie ticket sites within minutes of tickets being on sale. The AFI decided to delay their criticism SOLELY for the Force Awakens, simply because the recognize the enormous impact the film is going to have. They've done promotional events around the world for this movie, right now the amount of money they're pouring into promotion can't really be measured because the whole thing has been ongoing for the last year or so. Hundreds of thousands of people on the internet have posted predictions as to where Luke Skywalker is, simply because a legendary character isn't present on the posters and promotional material.

Listen, I get it. Cameron fans are used to him having these untouchable records. And Titanic and Avatar are both great films, one of them pretty much changed the industry by making all blockbusters 3D. Pretty much the rest of the world is certain Star Wars is about to shatter all the box office records.
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/nov/20/star-wars-the-force-awakens-us-advance-ticket-sales-record-50m
>>
File: cameron belittles.jpg (134 KB, 589x619) Image search: [Google]
cameron belittles.jpg
134 KB, 589x619
>>63001847
>all the box office records.
>all
>>
>>63001847
>crept up on those records.
>$1.1b behind Avatar and $500m behind a nearly 2-decade-year-old film

R E A C H I N G

>Already shattered all the presale records, crashed movie ticket sites within minutes of tickets being on sale.

Irrelevant. It's a "big event" movie, so of course it's going to be preordered more than other movies. This has no bearing on its sales. Also, America only.

>Pretty much the rest of the world is certain Star Wars is about to shatter all the box office records.

No, only delusional star wars fanboys. Most industry analysts who have even an inkling of common sense realize this movie has no chance in hell of beating Avatar, and are estimating it finished with a $2b box office.
>>
File: chewie, finn, daisy han solo.jpg (3 MB, 1797x2500) Image search: [Google]
chewie, finn, daisy han solo.jpg
3 MB, 1797x2500
>>63001900
>Exactly a month from release, the number rose to 405 million trailer and teaser views on Facebook and YouTube. That's 87 percent more than this summer's "Jurassic World," which opened domestically with a record $208.8 million in ticket sales and owns the all-time No. 3 spot with $1.7 billion worldwide. No. 2 is "Titanic," at $2.1 billion

>The "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" film's ticket pre-sales are skyrocketing and has already smashed the all-time box office record for pre-sales a full month before it has opened in cinemas.

>The film is clearly leaning toward topping other blockbuster films like the "Avatar" or "The Avengers."

>Based on the figures, the said movie has already sold around $50 million worth of tickets, which is about £32 million. One-third of these are from the IMAX screenings.

>"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is now thought of as one of the highest grossing movies of all time once it releases by December 17, an article on Yahoo! stated.

>The Sydney Morning Herald Entertainment reported that the film's ticket sales have continuously increased as the "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" premiere is getting closer which is less than a month to wait for the diehard fans.

>The film is expected to beat the record set by 'Jurassic World' with $208.8 million in June.

>Compared to "The Dark Knight Rises," the film has made around £16 million on pre-sales before the premiere in 2012 which is only half of what the "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" have this year. That is to say, Star Wars earned double the pre-sales.

>Yahoo! also expected that this may exceed the sales on tickets on some top grossing films released years ago. Whether the "Star Wars: The Force Awakens", can beat the all-time box office hit, "Avatar" with $2.7 billion haul (roughly around $3 billion with inflation), remains to be seen.

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/54435/20151123/star-wars-force-awakens-sales-breaks-time-record-breaking-film-avatar.htm
>>
File: 1440158260884.png (433 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1440158260884.png
433 KB, 645x773
does anyone feel real bad about George? There are all those comic con panels and star wars celebrations and he isnt even invited. Theyre basically stealing his franchise while he donated all the money he got for it.

He should at least be a consultant on the film, all he got in the last couple of years was hate
>>
>>63002011
Why is Chewie wearing mascara?
>>
>>63002011
the fuck did they do to chewbacca?
>>
You are delusional if you think this movie will not shatter all records. At the least it will shatter the opening day and weekend records. If you look up most theaters they will be showing star wars The Force Awakens 24/7 opening weekend. There are 2am and 4am showings at a lot of theaters. No other movie had this many showings on this number of screens in the past. Episode 1 only had the midnight premiere showings not 7pm through the next day non stop. Most of these screenings are sold out or approaching sold out as well. It has over $100 million in presales and we are 3 weeks out from release.
>>
>>63002059
No. He doesn't even know how to make movies in his own franchise.
>>
>>63002059
>does anyone feel real bad about George?

Fuck no, even as he ruined his own series, he made money.

>There are all those comic con panels and star wars celebrations and he isnt even invited.

Good, fuck him

>Theyre basically stealing his franchise while he donated all the money he got for it.
He deserves to have shit stolen from him

>He should at least be a consultant on the film, all he got in the last couple of years was hate

Given his shitty work on the prequels, nah, he needs to stay far away from these movies.

and it's not like he's letting this go easily, Lucas is clearly bitter about the reaction to the prequels
>>
>>63002092
>At the most it will shatter the opening day and weekend records.

ftfy
>>
All I care about is if the new ship designs will be cool and if I should get into LEGO sets again for one of the puppies.
>>
File: Capture2.png (1 MB, 1267x950) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
1 MB, 1267x950
>>63002175
>>
File: spongebob-wallet.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
spongebob-wallet.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>63002277
how much
>>
won't go over in china, no records busted
>>
>>63002311
>>63002277
Fuck off manchildren.
>>
File: 1388006791967.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1388006791967.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>Some nerd taking literal hours out of his day to persuade nobodies that a new stars wars movie will make lots of money

It's not like any of us are going to invest in Disney after reading your essays m8.

>The Force Awakens is using the internet a lot as well as part of their marketing

I hope you're getting paid well for this vigorous shilling. The English is pretty good at least.
>>
File: you right now.jpg (25 KB, 364x302) Image search: [Google]
you right now.jpg
25 KB, 364x302
>>63002323
wew lad
>>
>>63002345
You should stop enjoying buying children's toys over the age of 20, you fucking stunted faggot.
>>
>>63002364
cry harder
>>
File: manchildren.png (136 KB, 540x477) Image search: [Google]
manchildren.png
136 KB, 540x477
>>63002370
>>
>>63001847
Titanic was also released two times if you recall.
>>
>>63002102
>>63002108
You have irrational hatred of the prequels. They're not that bad and Lucas is not dumb. I thought that was demonstrated by those recording that are always posted.
>>63002175
There will be practically no new designs, just slughtly changed ones from the originals.

>>63002311
This is honestly the worst post I have ever seen on /tv/. The litteral definition of what I imagine some redditor would post.
>>
>>63002425
i dont get it. is that supposed to be you?
>>
>>63000405
>star wars clones hunger games
>new hunger games movie bombs
>people still think that the new star wars will do fine
>>
>>63001428
Wait a fucking second...
Oscar Isaac is a manlet!?
I was excited for him but that is gone now.
I guess there's something for everyone in this movie.
Niggers, women and manlets.
>>
>>63002815
shut up cracker. white people can only be villains, keks and comic relief now.
>>
>>63002899
It's our turn now.
He isn't white, though.
>>
ITT: the delusional rantings of paid Disney shills and virgin manchildren. China hasn't even greenlit this film you deluded fucks. It's not going to get near Avatar
>>
>>
>>63003173
UNAGI
>>
>>63000447
It was the biggest disappointment in cinema history
>>
>>63002059
It's cool to hate George now. JJ just read the script given by the marketing department and the old cast have always hated George anyway.
>>
Considering kids like bland derivative shit so much, I bet TFA will be an economical success, the inversors will be glad with the results.

Anyway, Avatar made so much money thanks to the 3D ticket sales.
>>
>>63001518
>lele
>>
Did everyone collectively forget Avatar was put in theaters a second time for a short while a few years after release which massively helped it's already high sales? Star Wars will not get that opportunity
>>
how did kek abrams get the job anyway after the fiasco of the star trek movies?
anyone could do a better job than him
>>
>>63000493
I'm 22 and i remember the release quite well. Luckily i was young enough at the time to actually enjoy it
>>
File: le dutch angle for tv.webm (626 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
le dutch angle for tv.webm
626 KB, 1280x532
>film
>>
A cursory look through online communities, including here in 4chan and in plebbit will tell anyone that Disney's sockpuppets are hard at work shilling this movie.

Maybe it'll be good, maybe it'll be bad. Either way, I hope it disappoints for much lulz and butthurt.
>>
>>63003818
because both of those movies did well in the box office and thats all that matters?
>>
Patiently waiting for the delusional faggots saying that TFA won't be the highest grossing film of all time to be BTFO. It'll be glorious.
>>
File: Sequence 01_1.webm (568 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sequence 01_1.webm
568 KB, 1280x720
>f ilm
>>
File: Sequence 01.webm (230 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sequence 01.webm
230 KB, 1280x720
>f i l m
>>
>>63004018

Cry more.
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1280
I want to marry Carrie Fisher!
>>
>>63004044
>hydrasalutefromcaptainamericaonecolonthefirstavenger.bmp
>>
>>63004018
How many threads have you already made saying it wont?
How many threads do you plan on making about its RT score going up and down?
>>
>>63000597
This is all bullshit.

The only reason it's broken ticket presale records is because it's the first film to ever have such a wide rollout of online ticket presales. It's no different to the armies of nerds camping in tents for days to get their Episode III tickets. You'll be able to walk into any cinema in the world and get a ticket on the opening day anyway.

YouTube trailer views mean literally nothing, Psy's Gangnam Style video has hundreds of times more views, is/was the most viewed YouTube video of all time and that's still not the bestselling single in history.

The toy sales have been mediocre apart from that phone-controlled BB8, Lego are apparently seriously worried by the slow sales of TFA items vs the rest of their Star Wars range.

This movie's going to make about the same money as Iron Man 3.
>>
>>63000846
>It's already made its budget back in presales

OK Disney marketeer, whatever you say.

Man of Steel did the same and still only just limped past $700 million at the box office.

Threadly reminder that TFA is NOT OPENING IN CHINA.
>>
File: 1378211673872.jpg (64 KB, 538x535) Image search: [Google]
1378211673872.jpg
64 KB, 538x535
>>63000846
>It's already made back its budget in pre-sales.
>Budget$200 million which probably doesn't include marketing which is probably well over 50M
>>
What would you say is the percentage of people hyped about the movie only because they have been told for two years now to be hyped?
>>
File: camila_vallejo.jpg (49 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
camila_vallejo.jpg
49 KB, 640x481
>>63004044
>raised fists

anti-communist propaganda confirmed
>>
>>63004275
Wait, haven't they sold $600M in pre sale tickets?

It's literally impossible for it to flop, financially, right now
>>
>>63004294
85% with 10% actually "hyped" and 5 % pretending they aren't part of the 85
>>
>>63004294
12-18%
>>
>>63003657
>which massively helped it's already high sales

No it didn't. The only rerelease of Avatar (which was in 2010) grossed around $33m, which is slightly over 1% of its total gross.
>>
>>63004294
>>63004328
>>63004345
I don't get it, were we supposed to be hyped about ep VII back in 2007?

Yeah of course people will get hyped after the movie is actually confirmed.

I don't even know what you guys meant by that.
>>
File: 1447083724233.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
1447083724233.gif
866 KB, 352x224
>>63004044

>saluting Stormtroopers

Wait, what?!
>>
>>63004132
this desu
>>
>>63004320
No, they sold $50 million in presale tickets.
>>
>>63004320
all i can find on google is 50 million
>>
>>63004320
>Wait, haven't they sold $600M in pre sale tickets?

No you dumb kek, that's literally impossible for any film.
>>
>>63002070
>>63002090
It's 2015.
>>
>>63001115
Are you one of the five people unironically excited about Disney building Avatarland at Disney's Animal Kingdom?
>>
Nothing can be worse than Phantom Menace, that's for sure.
>>
ITT: we predict the excuses star wars manchildren will use when their precious franchise fails to make a dent in Avatar's record

>b-but episode 8 will gross more!
>b-but avatar had a rerelease
>b-but muh 3D gimmick
>b-but it broke first week records
>>
>>63001847
>Hundreds of thousands of people on the internet have posted predictions as to where Luke Skywalker is,

Not to mention you have thousands of people crossing their fingers for fucking Jar Jar Binks to show up as the villain
>>
File: swtfa-great_wall-4.jpg (52 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
swtfa-great_wall-4.jpg
52 KB, 675x380
>>63004238
Are you kidding? They literally did an enormous event with stormtroopers surrounding the great wall of china. Chinese people were taking pictures with First Order troopers. Along with the international trailers and interviews, there's clearly a ton of Asian interest in the new trilogy.

http://time.com/4083078/star-wars-force-awakens-great-wall-china/
>>
>>63000597
This. This is the reality here. Anyone else is playing pathetic contratrian
>>
File: carrie-fisher.png (112 KB, 286x374) Image search: [Google]
carrie-fisher.png
112 KB, 286x374
>>63000405
D R O P P E D
>>
>>63004757
You're a vocal minority here though
You are technically the contratrian, outsider
>>
>>63004815
there's daily star wars stories on the news in a world where ISIS exists. people care more about this movie than real world events

The First Order will be an analogy for ISIS, the resistance will be analogous to the UN nations fighting for freedom and democracy. a galactic adventure that resonates with the contemporary global unconsciousness starring 3 young heroes who, like the youth of today, feel like no one and long for adventure.

Kylo is the Jedi Jihadi
>>
>>63004751
>there's a ton of asian interest because of this big advertising thing we did

>>
>>63004986
they've got the biggest interest in star wars in china now than there ever has been

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Finally-Screened-China-Decades-Long-Absence-72061.html

keep denying it. i'm going to post The Force Awakens at the top of the highest earning film's on wikipedia every day for a year
>>
>>63004903
And? You are still the contratrian here
>>
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2015/11/15/what-star-wars-means-to-china/
>>
>>63005056
no, you are.

we can do this all day.

this is the biggest film of all time, none of your bitching changes this
>>
>>63005027
Why isn't there a release date for the film then?
>>
>>63005027
>there's huge interest in asia! just look at what these corporate mouthpiece websites have to say about the interest in asia!!

uh huh
>>
>>63004751
https://www.thewrap.com/star-war-the-force-awakens-still-hasnt-locked-china-release/

http://time.com/3924061/star-wars-china-debut/

China doesn't give a fuck about Star Wars. They love Iron Man.
>>
From the marketing, it looks like they're trying for a huge opening weekend, which can help good movies but hurt bad ones.
>>
>>63005135
They're never screened star wars before... I suspect it may start a little slow, but will catch on like yellow fever
>>
I have never seen such blatant shilling, brava
>>
>yfw this fucking movie is 60% Jewish on J-DAR
>>
File: 1446889153665.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446889153665.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>>63000405
It will make exactly $3.1 billion in the box office.

Screencap this post.
>>
I'm getting a Hunger Games vibe from the poster. I'm hoping it's not going in that direction.
>>
>>63000702
Are you retarded? Hobbit and LOTR are nerd shit as well and made mad cash.
>>
>>63005218
... yea that really all depends on how it felates asian cultural concepts of escapism.
>>
I wish I was excited for this, I was when it was announced but the more I saw the less I cared and at this point I'll just wait for the rip

It really just looks like a soulless cash grab
>>
>>63005241
>Sheev
>Dubs
It is done
>>
>>63005299
I'm honestly confused how anyone could be excited for this. The last three star wars movies have been terrible, every abrams movie has been terrible. So together it's supposed to be a dreamteam? What?
>>
>>63005135
They also don't like niggers. Especially not in lead roles
>>
>>63005391
All of JJ's Star Trek films have been critically and commercially successful

The prequels were all commercially successful as well
>>
>>63001428
> no tits
Jesus Christ she at least could've worn a bra. This looks like they're Beth-tier.
>>
>>63005391
One of the writers for this film wrote the Empire Strikes Back, that with JJ who directed the most successful Star Trek films that were heavily critically acclaimed I'd say these films will be pretty good and an undeniable success.
>>
>>63005391
They aren't

They want to be seen liking it for "nerd points"
>>
>>63005440
Star Trek was alright and Into Darkness was awful
>>
>>63005440
>One of the writers for this film wrote the Empire Strikes Back
Is this supposed to be a positive when he hasn't done a single good thing since the 80s?
>that with JJ who directed the most successful Star Trek films that were heavily critically acclaimed I'd say these films will be pretty good
Oh you're a cinematically illiterate pleb
>>
>>63005411\
>jjtrek
>critically successful
Before they premiered

>commercially successful
nutrek1 cost 150m and made 386m worldwide. nutrek2 cost 190m and made 467m worldwide. That's middling, at best.

the prequel trilogy, all three movies, barely made as much as any of the original trilogy did alone.

So... yea. I'm still not understanding how anyone could be excited for JJwars.
>>
>>63005411
>Star Trek Into Darkness
>$185 million budget
>$467 million worldwide gross
>Financially successful

Star Trek '09 barely made $350 million on a $150 million budget. Mission Impossible 3 managed to gross $390 on the same. The only reason JJ still has a career after mediocre returns like these is presumably his status as one of God's Chosen People.

He's a mediocre TV-tier director punching far above his weight.
>>
>>63005530
They both have 90+ fresh ratings on RT, the critical consensus is they're good films and they're commercially successful by the definition of commercial success in film. No Star Trek film is going to hit the billion mark, there's just no interest.
>>
>>63005440
>Star Trek Into Darkness
>Critical acclaim

It was easily one of the worst films released that year.
>>
>>63005586
It has an 87% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, how is that not critical acclaim?
>it's one of the worst films
Your opinion isn't relevant when discussing critical acclaim.
>>
>>63005586
>jjabrams movies having lots of positive internet marketing

you don't say
>>
So what would happen if it turns out to be worse than the Prequels? what if it underperforms?

Will they force JJ Adams to suicide?
>>
>>63005569
Shoo shoo Disney shill.

Into Darkness was fully expected to be the Dark Knight of Star Trek films. The studio were tracking for at least three-quarters of a billion worldwide.

It was a colossal disappointment financially.
>>
>>63001115
>Avatar's expanded universe

lel. You're really putting faith in the STORY/BACKGROUND of Avatar?
>>
>>63005613
>trusting the opinion of anyone that says Into Darkness was good.
>>
File: sa.jpg (33 KB, 338x386) Image search: [Google]
sa.jpg
33 KB, 338x386
>mvq by this low IQ star wars fans logic boyhood is the greatest film of all time
I can dig that
>>
>>63005639
>it didn't make as much money as we wanted it to =\= commercial success
Maybe familiarize yourself with the terminology
>>
>>63005640
I put my faith in BASED JIM
>>
>>63005640
Avatar 2 will outgross TFA easily, but won't beat the original Avatar.
>>
>>63005665
You should tell that to the accountants then, that is not success by their standards
>>
>>63005649
You're arguing that the film wasn't critically acclaimed then stating critical acclaim does not matter? What's your personal investment in the majority of people having an opinion similar to your own?

Either way you don't like the movie and no one is forcing you to like it but you can't argue with the fact it was critically acclaimed.
>>
>>63005691
>paid reviews
>>
>>63005669
>thinking people will remember Avatar in a post Force Awakens world.

Avatar will simply be that old movie that's #2 now that people will remember for having cool 3d. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>63005685
Citation? I'd like to see a direct quote from "the accountants" stating that JJ's Star Trek films were not commercially successful. From your narrative it just didn't meet their expectations
>>
>>63005709
>>>/v/
>>
>>63005711
It's already been conclusively proven that TFA cannot beat Avatar ITT, shill. I don't know why you're still trying.
>>
>>63005638
JJ is one of the chosen people, he'll manage.
On the other hand Cathleen Kennedy is goy.
>>
>all these shills
the game has the most ads of all time
its disney trying to launch a billion dollar franchise again

and i am not hyped at all, talk numbers all you want, so far from what i've seen, it doesn't look promising.

all actors involved are literally who's, and shoe horning in the old franchise actors seems like a halfassed attempt to appease the actual fans of the series
>>
>>63005734
>conclusively proven
Based on what?
>>
>>63005733
RT is basically designed to ensure only movies with the most paid reviews get high scores.

As it's owned by time warner.
>>
>>63005733
This is pretty ironic considering your display of taste so far
>>
>>63005746
>all actors involved are literally who's,
Hammill, Fisher and Ford had extensive bodies of work prior to Star Wars?
>and shoe horning in the old franchise actors seems like a halfassed attempt to appease the actual fans of the series
Lol
>>
>>63005755
The simple fact that Star Wars movies generally see weak returns overseas, and the fact that the movie has to make over $2b overseas to even compete with avatar.
>>
It won't even beat Jurassic World.
>>
>>63005613
What some retard blogger thinks on Rotten Tomatoes =! Critical acclaim.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/05/20/only-human-3
>>
>>63005746
after lucas destroyed every original print, destroyed the canon with the prequels, then acted like a petulant child when people didn't like what he did... how are there any actual star wars fans left?
>>
>>63001428
John Boyega is the most kawaii black guy ever
>>
>>63005773
But you're arguing the film was not critically acclaimed, based on what? If all the reviews are paid for besides the ones that have opinions similar to your own why would it even matter to you that the film was critically praised?
>>
>>63005665
You realise gross is not the same as net, right? When you pare away the cut for theaters, international distribution, marketing costs, etc it barely broke even.
>>
>>63005816
One guys opinion > a plethora of other critics

This is an embarrassing reach
>>
>>63005832
I get that you think you're winning an argument here, but the only people that liked into darkness were the people paid to give it good reviews.

As evidenced by it's middling, at best, box office performance.

What disney and JJ don't realize is they can't force good word of mouth. If the movie is shit, people aren't going to be cowed by big red numbers on a corporate shill site.
>>
>>63005851
Did you actually compare all of those figures or are you pulling that entirely out of your ass?
>>
>>63005755

The Phantom Menace couldn't beat Titanic, and now The Force Awakens can't beat Avatar.

POTTERY
>>
>>63005854
valid criticism > i got paid, so 8/10.
>>
>>63000405

If that new Jurassic Park movie can bring it so much money, so will this. Even if it's a piece of shit (like that new Jurassic Park movie)
>>
>>63005890
BRAVO GEORGE
>>
>>63005876
Do you understand anything about film financing, Disney marketing intern?
>>
>>63000405
>Will this be the highest grossing film of all-time?
I don't care about box offices, but in this case I hope it will be a hit, so /pol/tard asses will explode.
>>
>>6300587
>Disney
Did they produce the last two Star Trek films? I was unaware
>if the movie is shit people aren't going to see it
Besides with the last three Star Wars films
>>
>>63005876
If anything you don't personally know about is "pulled from an ass," the entire world must look like it's covered in shit.
>>
>>63005899

That movie had Chris Pratt though. For some reason he is fucking box office platinum.
>>
>>63005907
>>63005916
Provide those figures then compare them with the net gross. I'm unable to find them online, so the burden of proof is on you family
>>
>>63005912
Intended to reply to
>>63005871
>>
>>63005899
This.
People totally underestimated that movie and they were right to.
Jurassic World looked like total garbage from the get go and it ended up being just that.
The only reason it grossed so much was because of this new wave of nostalgia, in which people totally forget about the other movies in the franchise. Which is exactly what Star Wars is riding off.
>>
>>63005940
You're asking for a citation of a fact.
>>
>>63005711

Cry more.
>>
>>63005899
Star Wars doesn't have dinosaurs though.

Seriously though, Jurassic World was basically a younger generation's Phantom Menace (remember that Phantom Menace broke records) - i.e. you had a now-adult generation of 90's kids, now possibly parents themselves, ready and waiting to get nostalgic about dinosaurs, even if the film utterly forgettable.

This new Star Wars, it's competing for space in a marketplace where the prequels already disenfranchised, alienated and jaded three generations of Star Wars fans to the point of apathy.
>>
>>63005953
>>63005912
The entire original trilogy made less than any one of the OT.

Your disney comment is based on a misunderstanding.
>>
>>63005995
I'm asking for those figures that you asserted made it so Star Trek "barely" broke even because Google is doing as good a job as you are providing them.

Factual information is the easiest to cite
>>
>>63002059
Disney stole it for billions of dollars. We should all be so lucky.
>>
>>63005987
jworld did well because it had lots of action and dinosaurs wrecking shit.

into forceness looks like a TV movie.
>>
>>63002007
"preordering has no bearing on the sales"

are you fucking kidding me?
>>
Remember to vote yes to get the plebs and faux shills off of our board.
http://strawpoll.me/6087718
>>
>>63006036
Go find a piechart of revnue breakdown. It is established and well documented fact that studios don't get 100% of the budget minus gross net.
>>
>>63006033
Are you saying the entire Prequel trilogy collectively made less than each individual original trilogy film?
>>
>>63006036
Here's a citation: any economics textbook. Get reading.
>>
>>63006073
No shit, but you stated that Star Trek barely broke even as a result of cost that you've failed to provide a citation of. Figures you more or less pulled out of your ass as this is what? The third time I've asked you to post those specific cost.
>>
It's obvious this will be a huge hit, but when exactly should I start buying disney stock?
>>
>>63006056
Are you retarded, son? There is no difference between preordering a ticket and buying one some time during the film's theatrical run. The only difference is that Disney can run a few articles implying that the movie is doing well financially because a ton of manchildren prebought tickets to a film they would have seen anyway.

Jesus christ /tv/ is dumb.
>>
>>63002059
>lucas wipes his ass with the franchise and soaks it in gasoline
>disney gives him 4 billion to not drop a match

yea, feel so sorry for lucas

please stop trying to realign the image of a truly detestible human being who deserves no sympathy or forgiveness.
>>
>>63006075
That's exactly what he's saying and adjusting for inflation he'd be correct.
>>
>>63005099
Fast forward a few months when Asia helps propel TFA into becoming the highest grossing film of all time. I'm sure you'll still be arguing there's not much Asian interest. :)
>>
>>63000597
The biggest shill on the board, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>63006106
You do realize you're the one who looks stupid here, right?
>>
>>63006120
That's inaccurate

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm
>>
>>63006130
The only record this film will break is "biggest second-week drop off of all time".
>>
>>63006140
And yet and still you're still unable to provide me so much as the marketing cost of the film you're certain "barely broke even?"
>>
>>63006165
Fucking kek, you really believe that? Only way that could happen is if the movie is Phantom Menace tier and the word spreads instantly.

Even if this movie is just OK it'll still hold strong for at least a month.
>>
>>63006130
I'm fine with eating crow later. Sadly I won't be.

General interest seems to be low, despite all the marketing. Acting like people taking pictures with thousands of armored troopers performing cosplay on a wonder of the world means huge asian interest is specious, at best.

Its like paying to have a flashmob of sweeny todd in time's square and trying to argue media coverage of something thousands of people with cameras saw means sweeny todd will be the best movie ever.
>>
>>63005241
Go team Sheev! Why would falling down a stupid shaft stop the Sheev anyways?
>>
>>63006165
>white rage
You'd have to shoot up the theatre to keep people away from this film senpai
>>
>>63006161
No it's not.

>Star Wars (1977) total gross $775 million
>Adjust for inflation to 2015 dollars, $3.1 billion
>Entire prequel trilogy made about $2.5 billion combined
>>
>>63006200
>General interest seems to be low, despite all the marketing.
Based on?
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 241x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 241x318
>>63006182
>He thinks there's just one person disagreeing with him

The lonely, schizoid life of a Disney intern everybody.
>>
>>63006165
Into darkness held strong for a while so people will see bad abrams movies.
>>
>>63006182
You do realize you're the one who looks stupid here, right?

You're claiming an intellectual high ground on demanding to be spoonfed a citation on the hand having four fingers and a thumb.
>>
>>63006219
Dude lmao that list is already adjusted for inflation and just two prequels edge out a New Hope
>>
>>63006200
>General interest seems to be low
And how would you know? Live in Asia do we?
>>
>>63006219
>>Adjust for inflation to 2015 dollars, $3.1 billion

Actually only around $2.8b (highest estimate), firmly behind both Avatar and Titanic.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films_adjusted_for_inflation
>>
>>63006240
>>63006252
Where's the figure m8? Applying logical fallacies doesn't exactly aid your argument
>>
>>63005802
>>63005890
Star Wars was literally banned in the largest populated Asian nation for decades. If anything, this thread has proven that The Force Awakens will definitely have the highest overseas gross of any Star Wars film. Chinese people will for the first time get to see a brand new Star Wars movie in theaters, they've already show a ton of interest in the prequels and original trilogy.

I'm actually programming a bot right now to make a thread every morning posting the screencap of The Force Awakens at the top of of the highest grossing films of all-time list just for people like you. I would recommend deleting your Cameron folder, no one is going to care about Avatar 2 and 3 in a world with movies about Han Solo and fan speculation about what happens in Episode VIII, Force Awakens and the original 6 films streaming on Netflix, etc. Not to mention most of Avatar's money was from IMAX 3D sales, which already make up the majority of Force Awaken's sales.

This film has already shattered every pre-sale record (as in, 8-10x higher presells than any other film), AFI has made the first delay in criticism only for Force Awakens, the biggest global promotion for any film ever. It's basically already concluded that TFA is the most lucrative film ever made, now we're just waiting for the movie to actually come out to see how huge the numbers really are.

$3.1 billion USD worldwide at least.
>>
>>63006219
>list that is adjusted for inflation
>adjusts it for inflation
GTFO
>>
>>63006182
>With an estimated budget of $200 million ($423 million including marketing, printing and advertising costs, and making and distribution of home videos),
Is there any way to see what the marketing cost actually is?
>>
>>63006254
>Domestic grosses only

You fucking retard.
>>
>>63006257
>fallaciously pretending that the opponent's argument is flimsy because he doesn't actually live in Asia when your whole argument relies on internet articles from large news sites
>>
>>63006287
FULL ON

S H I L L I N G
H
I
L
L
I
N
G
>>
>>63006287
White boys keked the fuck up
>a-Asia hates n-n-niggers
>>
>>63006271
boxofficemojo's adjusted all time is based upon ticket sales and ticket cost and then inflation. Going by straight numbers, star wars made 775m, which is 3b in 2015 dollars. Even adjusted to 2015 dollars, the entire prequel trilogy made less than that.
>>
>>63006319
I'm not calling your argument flimsy. I'm simply asking you to back up your claim and wondering how you can make such claims.

Your inability to provide any evidence for your claim makes it flimsy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.