[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My local Cineplex is doing a BYOB (Bring Your Own Bisque) week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Sweet-Potato-Bisque-Soup.jpg (753 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Sweet-Potato-Bisque-Soup.jpg
753 KB, 1600x900
My local Cineplex is doing a BYOB (Bring Your Own Bisque) week which I thought was fantastic, however they force you to use their own cutlery charging $5!

ITT: local Movies annoying things
>>
The cinemas want to cut down rewinds to only 5 times per showing

Absolutely absurd, I'm on my phone sometimes and I miss certain exciting or key things

I need to rewind
>>
Just eat it with your hands, what are they gunna do? spoon feed you?
>>
>>63000150
The movie theater in my town only rents shoes in whole sizes so I either sit through a movie with my shoes too loose or way to tight.
>>
File: 1397498251994.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1397498251994.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
>showers are free
>towels are $10 each and they're only those little fucking loincloth things anyway
>>
>>63000170
The Cinemas I work in has already replaced all the chairs without the 'rewind request' button, so cherish those 5
>>
my local bijou doesnt let single males into the babes in arms showing, its like what do you think im going to molest the moms?
>>
>BYOB
BRING
YOUR
OWN
BIG
>>
My theater recently put in fasten seatbelt signs
>>
>>63000265
BIG
YELLOW
OBESE
B______
>>
>not requiring ear protection when shooting in theater
>>
File: Soup-Nazi-Banner.jpg (41 KB, 619x300) Image search: [Google]
Soup-Nazi-Banner.jpg
41 KB, 619x300
Uh, you don't get to bring bread.
>>
>>63000331
they're very strict, someone brought a soup at my showing and got told to never come back
>>
>>63000284
BIG
YELLOW
OBESE
BYOB
>>
File: 19070607[1].jpg (42 KB, 434x434) Image search: [Google]
19070607[1].jpg
42 KB, 434x434
>mfw cinema is up on a hill far away from the city with no showers
>mfw we have to wash the guacamole of our faces using jícaras with cold water
>>
>sat in cinema waiting for film to start
>screen is blank, ushers begin to walk onto stage
>they're all in costume
>realise that they're literally acting out the film because the projector is broken
>I demand to see management
>they deny that anything is different even when I pinch one of the usher/actor's arms to demonstrate that they aren't a 2D image
>press the issue
>management realises that I went into the cinema alone anyway and enforces 'no singles policy'
>end up locked in a basement for a week with no food, only survive by licking ancient butter residue from door handle
>released and told to never come back

How the fuck is this even legal?
>>
>>63000367
i feel you, canadabro
>>
please apply those dystopian surreal eastern euro movie going experiences to this

i love those
>>
>>63000150
Mine did a similar promotion, but they wouldn't allow us to add crackers. They sold their own at $2.99 per pack, and they were just the crumbliest damn things.

But after I got some cracker stuck in the back of my teeth and I complained to the manager, he let me buy some Theater Floss for $3.99. Which as you know was a dollar cheaper than standard.

All in all, a pretty good night.
>>
>>63000403

I got my local Kino shut down by reporting their use of the word 'cracker', which - as we know - is a racial slur against white people.

Sort of regret it because theatre really is the best place to pick up dental floss if you're on a tight budget.
>>
File: 0750100061182L[1].jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0750100061182L[1].jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>63000403
>crackers

who /bombitos/ here?
>>
>>63000373
>How the fuck is this even legal?

you know damn well a person breaking the no singles policy has no biz talking to management. It's like talking to the pit boss in vegas as you are gambling while under age.

I am a little shocked about the week in the basement. They clearly forgot about you or something being you should of been down there a few hours max.

legally they can only hold for twice the length of time as their longest running film as punishment for breaking the no singles policy. Most just kick a person out and verbally shame them in the lobby on the way to the door.
>>
>cinema enforces no singles policy
>go with my social worker
>as we're going in the usher winks and says "haha not too much kissing you two!"
>Social worker is quick to correct him, explains that we're just friends
>he turns to me and asks why I didn't come with my gf
>explain that I haven't found the right girl yet
>he picks me up by the scruff of my neck and ejects me from the venue
>Social worker allowed to go in because she's married

what the fuck
>>
>>63000632
Well I think they might have forgotten that I was still in the basement, to be honest - the usher who released me handed me a Matinee Voucher (which I obviously can't fucking use because SINGLE).

Is it possible they were trying to make an example of me by keeping me down there that long, though? I'm pretty sure I spent part of that time under sedation - there were periods I blacked out and woke up wet and smelling of urine.
>>
>Want to see new Star Wars opening night
>Decide to prebook ticket
>Find only cinemahouse in the area without NSP
>It's a quote-along cinema
>Don't want to be fined for misremembering word so decide to order script from cinema website
>$40 plus tip
>Proceed to preorder ticket
>Essay question, 4000 words on 'Star Wars: Postindustrial infantilist dogma or trailblazing ode to identity multilinearilism in the modern age?'
>Completely forgot to prepare, but manage to get something down
>Lose marks for failing to reference enough papers by authors of colour, but scrape by
>Nearly there
>ATTENTION: This theatre has just introduced a No Singles Policy
>Ohshitohshit
>"Please provide scanned copies of both you and your partners passports, birth certificates and at least 5 years of employment history with references"
>Fail to gather documents in 10 minute timeslot
>No Singles Taskforce agents dispatched to my home
>Try to swallow the cyanide molar I have in case of such an event, turns out to be filled with halal-approved Tango
>Tried in front of Cinemilitary Tribunal
>One charge of gross theatrical misconduct
>One charge of attempted breach of NSP
>One charge of being willfully single
>One charge of hate crime due to lack of Inuit authors cited in my essay response
>Found guilty on all four
>6 months in the Cinema Brig
>On release day, forget to tip my CO
>Sentenced to three months hard labour in the popcorn mines

Interested to see if Abrams can pull it off all the same
>>
>>63000455
>be american
>sneak in some Bombitos at the theater
>staff think my food is a bomb
>get shot by police
>>
>>63000150
>Bring Your Own Bisque

That is strange as fuck.

Why would you not just bring it in a thermos and drink it?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.