[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Leftovers: is it as good as they say? Better than Season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: leftovers.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
The Leftovers: is it as good as they say? Better than Season 2 of Fargo?

Do I have to watch everything, or can I just start with the most recent episode that everyone's been flipping out about?
>>
>is it as good as they say?

Moo, its the latest flavour of the month shit being forced by redditors and tumblrites that will be completely forgotten about when it ends.
>>
you have to start at the beginning.

>>62995628
but that superior Malaysian cartoon board taste tho rite ?
>>
I heard there's a cute brunette lusting after some bbc in this show, is it true?
>>
>>62995833

its true but hes a good christian boy and refuses to fuck her which made her not like him anymore
>>
thought s1 was amazing and s2 couldn't come close to recapturing the magic. s2 might be better, we'll see how it ends.
>>
>>62996398
this

Season 1 is great and somehow season 2 surpassed it completely, although the latest episode completely changed the game.

To compare, only other show currently airing that even comes close to matching The Leftovers is Fargo.
>>
>>62995574
>Do I have to watch everything, or can I just start with the most recent episode that everyone's been flipping out about?

Was actually gonna respond until I read this.

I think The Big Bang Theory might be more suited for you.
>>
>>62996398
I definitely prefer Season 1 more. I feel like there was a lot more emotion packed into every episode, while this season is going for a slower burn. Still good though.
>>
>>62997895
A slower burn? Did you watch this episode?
>>
At its best it's Deadwood-tier elevating the medium. It's presently teetering on jumping the shark, but it's so well shot and acted that it will be worth watching regardless.
>>
>>62995574
I've seen both and I honestly can't tell you which it "better" but both shows are huge improvements over season 1.
>>
nowhere near as good as fargo
>>
>>62995574
> is it as good as they say? Better than Season 2 of Fargo?

No, and they're about the same.

leftovers is basically just pulling the young adult demographics that were too young to get burned by lost. If you watch the live/discussion threads, they're bascially identical to the old lost threads, except now they have more people trying to warn fans its going to be shit.
>>
>>62996398
>s2 isn't as good as s1
>>62997835
>this, s2 is great!!

the shillening intensifies.
>>
>>62995574
>Lindelof
>Left Behind ripoff
I think it's safe to pass
>>
Watch it from the beginning. Best post 9/11 show
>>
>>62995574
i only watched part of season 1 and since i just couldn't bother watching the show for longer it probably wasn't very good
>>
File: simpsons3857.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
simpsons3857.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>63000324
Lindelof has been very upfront about the storytelling on this show being purposefully ambiguous ..The Leftovers isn’t about answers, but just letting the mystery be and see how the characters deal with it.
Just accept the show for what it is and you won't get "burned"
>>
>>62995574
Latest episode was GOAT.
>Verdi as the only soundtrack
>Barely more than one setting
>Symbolic, symbolic everywhere
>god-tier acting and dialogues
>mastered surrealist vibes
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.