[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can a storm trooper in a task force part of the empire, who's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (141 KB, 786x354) Image search: [Google]
image.png
141 KB, 786x354
How can a storm trooper in a task force part of the empire, who's sole purpose is to retrieve a lightsaber and have equipment (like the managaurds in the prequels) to deal with lightsabers exist? How can he go toe to toe with Finn who has no experience with a lightsaber and is not a Jedi? This blows my mind this movie is gunna be utter shit. How can Jew Jew do this! The trailers are only showing flaws already. How can there be so much hype still after seeing this?! The movie is going to be like the phantom menace, where there was huge hype then is massively shat itself. Your allowing this to happen by not spamming Jew Jew with this information over media.
>>
>>62995256
First order != Empire
Also, lightswords can be handled by anyone.
See: Han Solo in Empire Strikes Back.
>>
File: yes fucks yes.jpg (17 KB, 292x315) Image search: [Google]
yes fucks yes.jpg
17 KB, 292x315
Yes, people are already overthinking this popcorn flick.
>>
>>62995296
>he hasn't read the leaks
>>
>>62995361
>implying they're real
>implying JJ in is diving jewyness didn't have them put out fake shit
>implying you have no intention of seeing the movie considering you care enough to read leaks
>>
OP, have you ever touched a female nipple?
>>
>>62995482
>read leaks
>decide not to see it
Wew lad
>>
>>62995530
No I'm not a fucking dyke
>>
>>62995578
> implying you have never touched your own nipple
It's funny to see how they always have to point out they are women
>>
>>62995256
Maybe fin was one of those troopers before.
>>
>>62995557
See you opening night.
>>
>>62995296
>Taking the "flick" meme seriously
>>
>>62995578
Why do you pretend to like Star Wars?
>>
>>62995578
post feet
>>
>>62995660
>Being thus butt-tickled that starshit is considered a flick
>>
File: riot trooper.jpg (76 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
riot trooper.jpg
76 KB, 560x560
It's not an exclusively designed anti-lightsaber weapon

It's a riot stun baton that just so happens to stop a lightsaber. If they know there are Jedi running around you might as well have a weapon that can stop it if you come across one.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 540x933) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 540x933
>>62995666
For the memes online
>>
>>62995660
What do you mean? Popcorn flick is a widely accepted term. It's not exclusive to 4chan. Please try to educate yourself before posting. A quick search on the term would have spared you this embarrassment.
>>
>>62995713
*tips fedora*
>>
>>62995256
What I liked about Magnaguards were the fact they were advanced droids who could believably pull off cool twists and maneuvers to compete with Jedi since they were robots and probably had wrist joints that could spin 360 degrees.

Not really feeling the idea of Stormtroopers having these weapons.
>>
>>62995713
Sam Neil used that term in reference to Jurassic Park 3. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>62995734
Kind sir, I must ask you to lurk moar lest you continue to stumble.
>>
File: 1446383766877.jpg (97 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
1446383766877.jpg
97 KB, 850x565
>>62995734
>Using a even older dead meme to respond to what you think is a meme
>>
>>62995761
That's exactly what this movie is. A sequel meant to make money and sell popcorn.
>>
File: 13748-spread.jpg (47 KB, 360x339) Image search: [Google]
13748-spread.jpg
47 KB, 360x339
Just shoot the Jedi with a shotgun. Are they gonna deflect every pellet?
>>
>>62995815
inb4 some sw autist fanboy actually tries to defend this

>L-L-L-LE FORCE USE
>>
File: 1448174356919.jpg (93 KB, 355x333) Image search: [Google]
1448174356919.jpg
93 KB, 355x333
>Established Star Wars canon. I'm talking non-KOTOR, games or novel shit
>Cortosis weapons exist. These are metal weapons that, due to the ionisation of said weapons, kill you upon contact
>This metal completely disrupts and disabled any lightsabers that come into contact with it, making it better to fight force users than actual lightsabers
>They can be fashioned into swords, axes, spears, maces, even bullets
>Out of all these options, the Empire decides to make shitty dual-prong blunt electrified batons that attach unwieldy at the forearm, made out of some shitty metal that doesn't even short lightsabers

If anybody thinks that the new Star Wars films are anything but casual bait, then they are sorely mistaken. Any "sci-fi" that remained in the Star Wars franchise is since lost. It is now a shitty tumblr-fuel progressive campaign tool.
>>
I gave up on star wars when the prequels dissapointed me. But even then I could accept it because of Lucas. with Lucas not really involved anymore I can't care about this series anymore. its just overhyped now.

might not even see this in the theaters actually. is John Williams even doing the score?
>>
>>62995256
Maybe they finally decided to add anti-jedi training to the regimen? After jobbing so much against jedis, why wouldn't they come up with something to combat them?
>>
>>62995965
Yes you stupid ignorant shit
>>
>>62995775
can you believe that guy

*rests chin on breast fat*
>>
>>62995771
>>62995775
*flips trilby*
>>
>>62995256
This sentence is so poorly worded and I have no idea what your actual issue is.
>>
>>62995989
>Yes you stupid ignorant shit
I'd be offended if I gave a shit about Jay Jay Wars.
>>
File: Ishygddt.png (41 KB, 405x406) Image search: [Google]
Ishygddt.png
41 KB, 405x406
>>62995710
This is the fan base that Star Wars now has. They don't give a flying fuck about any actual sci-fi, they only care about their ebin nostalgia trips.

>"It's a riot stun baton that just so happens to stop a lightsaber"
>"Just so happens to stop a lightsaber"

There are two in-canon metals that can stop a lightsaber; one of them can't hold a charge (used for most transportation crates), and the other will literally turn a lightsaber off upon contact (Sheev's guards had these).

One of these cannot be shaped into a weapon, nor would it stop a lightsaber at that thickness. The other costs as much as a small cruiser and wouldn't just be some throw away weapon to be used by an every day stormtrooper.

There is literally no explanation as to why that stormtrooper weapon can stop a lightsaber other than LE EBIN UPBOAT FIGHT :3
>>
>>62995256
Google Cortosis.
>>
>>62996074
I have a great explanation. You're autistic.
>>
>>62995256
>trained marksmen and firing squads proven to be very effective against Jedi
>so when an untrained sub saharan gorilla with a stolen lightsaber confronts our soldiers, we'll equip them with cattle prods
????????
>>
>>62995256

Grievous body guards in Episode 3 has the same type of technology.

You are a complete and utter faggot. Please cry more often.
>>
>>62996074
>he thinks Star Wars fans ever gave a fuck about sci-fi
>>
>>62995710

>that just so happens to stop a lightsaber.

It's the same tech used by the Grievous henchmen in Ep 3. It even makes the same sound.
>>
>>62996096
>untrained
He used to be a trained storm trooper just like the guy he's fighting.
>>
>>62996150
Stormtroopers are not trained in jedi arts let alone a lightsaber you fucking retarded asshole
>>
>>62996223
Neither is Finn. Seems like a fair fight.
>>
>Finn and Rey find lightsaber
>Kylo Ren and goons chasing them
>finally get to Luke
>hand him the lightsaber
>"Oh thanks you found my dad's lightsaber, did you know he killed children and hundreds of Jedi with it?
>>
>>62995711
I'm delirious with lack of sleep and this fucked me up. If Dexter Jetster was behind the counter I'd probably have had a stroke.
>>
>>62996074
maybe it contains a magnetic field that holds the lightsaber in place.
>>
File: 486975894637.jpg (134 KB, 1030x649) Image search: [Google]
486975894637.jpg
134 KB, 1030x649
>>62995256
Little short for a Storm Trooper aint he?
>>
>>62996344
>"and he was a good friend"
>>
>>62996344
>children

younglings
>>
1: That's a riot trooper with a defensive weapon
2: Finn is attacking the trooper, the trooper has no other weapon on him
3: The weapon is a very high energy electrical weapon used to pacify and torture rioters
4: In the following scene, we see that this trooper is NOT trained to deal with lightsabers, and is barely keeping up due to their mutual inexperience but difference in equipment
5: If this was, as you posit, a weapon made to deal with lightsabers then that would only be natural after one Rebel scum could use a lightsaber to destroy AT-ATs. Yes, I know he had a thermal detonator, but it only worked because of his plasma sword.
6: In the original trilogy, the lightsabers could be deflected by armor and also by FUCKING RAILINGS. If you want to canon scrutinize the shit out of this, we only see lightsabers cutting through fucking everything when the lightsabers are relatively young. As time and battles pass and they exchange hands, it's possible the plasma containment field becomes lower energy and now they can't cut through everything - let alone electrostatic torture fields.
7: Tonfas are cool as shit, fuck you man
>>
>>62996074

Basically any vibrosword or electrostaff can fight a lightsaber, its canon.
>>
>>62998467
>deflected by FUCKING RAILINGS
fabrication, there are no railings in the star wars universe. Everything takes place on unsecured catwalks.
>>
>>62998573
I forgot that, those things Luke hit when he was going apeshit on Vader must have been Vader's Force Net ability manifesting as Force Metal. I was a fool.
>>
I was hyped for so long but now... I don't know...
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.