[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>George: So, yeah, I've been thinking... I went ahead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11
File: BxpD3.jpg (18 KB, 401x271) Image search: [Google]
BxpD3.jpg
18 KB, 401x271
>George: So, yeah, I've been thinking... I went ahead and jotted down some notes for the new Star Wars movie if you guys wanna take a look...
>Disney: Actually, George, no thanks. We're going in a different direction with this new one
>George: O-oh....okay. Yeah, that's totally cool, I'm super busy right now anyway. Wouldn't have time to work on the new Star Wars because I just have SO MANY other things going on right now, but thanks anyway. Actually, you know what? I'm totally done with Star Wars anyway. Yeah, it's probably time for me to move on. Been thinking about it for a while now actually and I think now would be a good time to move on, so thanks anyway. I'll talk to you guys later. btw, I still think Jar Jar was a great character even though everyone else disagrees

Can we keep getting interviews with good ole George? They've been nothing but pure comedy gold recently.
>>
>>62992887
Just realised his neck is just like Dexter Jettsters in that interview.
>>
He's been saying that he's going to making 'experimental' films for at least a decade now.

I wish he would. What's he even working on these days?
>>
I think George just sits at home and wonders why he wasted his life. It would be nice if he went to Star Wars conventions and made appearances for fans. Would probably make him feel young again and loved.
>>
>>62994441
I think he had an interview recently where he said that nobody wants to see experimental films anymore.

I think it's probably more accurate to say that nobody wants to see HIS experimental films anymore after his recent track record.
>>
>>62992887
>Goooood oooooooold Kaaaamiiiinooooo... Heheheh.

But, why a 50s diner?
>>
>>62995541
Why would you experiment on something as popular as Star Wars though? People probably would've flocked to his movies of he made the PT in the same vein as the OT. He could be making as many movies as he wants, but he screwed himself tßh.
>>
File: 1422297248415.jpg (5 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
1422297248415.jpg
5 KB, 187x250
>>62992887
I will never understand why he adores Jar Jar THAT much, Is it autism? Does ol' Georgie identify with JJ on a very deep and emotional level? Is he baiting at this point? Or is he just really upset because he legitimately thought Jar Jar (an original creation he worked so hard on and put a lot love into) would be adored by fans on a Boba Fett level, but turned out to be the complete opposite of the way he expected?
>>
>>62995701
The sad thing is that I feel like he was trying to make the prequels in the same vein as the OT.

>>62995752
I seriously doubt that he ACTUALLY loves Jar Jar. I think he just hates being wrong

He's going to stick to his guns and refuse to admit that he fucked up. For some people, it's easier to just stick your head in the sand and pretend that you're right rather than have to own up to a mistake.

...even if literally everyone else is telling you that you're wrong
>>
>>62992887
didn't some director say that because of star wars he got cornered/stuck there (making money), and the movies he wanted to make were put on hold and the world never got a chance to see the director he could've become if not for star wars?

think it was in the movie 'people vs george lucas'
>>
>>62995900
So it's Autism (treason)?
>>
>>62995752

desu the fault goes to whoever didn't bitch-slap him when he first started talking about ewoks
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 550x350
>>62992887
When George does a round of interviews following the release of TFA, the networks will probably put a little whiskey in his water glass. We will hear some interesting perspectives no doubt.

He's clearly a very clever man (outsmarted Fox over toys, and used it to create a one-man empire), with a strong sense of the kinds of movies which kids actually enjoy. He's a Classicist almost without needing to absorb Greek Drama. It just doesn't always get worked up or edited to satisfaction.
>>
The prequels could have been good if someone had only told Lucas to turn off his targeting computer and trust the Force

j/k anyone who tried to do that would have been fired on the spot
>>
>>62996016
Yes
>>62996743
Also true, but
1. At that point in time, who would dare question George Lucas about STAR WARS? No one knew at that time how bad the prequels were going to be and George still had his credibility from the original trilogy to help him.

and
2. Why would George listen to anyone? As previously mentioned, before the prequels crashed and burned, George was still the king of Star Wars and he knew it. Questioning George at that point would be like questioning Pixar on putting googly-eyes on a CGI animal.

No one would dare question him at that time and even if they had, he wouldn't have listened
>>
File: 23340_320_470.jpg (41 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
23340_320_470.jpg
41 KB, 318x470
>>62994441

He took ILM who made the fucking amazing looking Rango and had them make pic related. It was an absolute abortion.
>>
>>62995335
He's a shitty director and a terrible writer, but I'd have a hard time believing Lucas thinks he wasted his life considering his cultural impact and the size of his estate.
>>
File: 1371313072542.png (490 KB, 505x489) Image search: [Google]
1371313072542.png
490 KB, 505x489
>>62995335
>George Lucas should go to Star Wars conventions to feel loved

Anon, pls. Are you trying to get the poor man to commit suicide?
>>
>>62997042
>From the mind of George Lucas
Jesus Christ. Talk about bad marketing.
>>
>>62993143
kek
>>
>>62997042
>From the mind of George Lucas

what an insufferable potato
>>
>>62997078
>>62997120
it amazes me that people love star wars so much but almost unanimously hate George lucas and act like he's a complete joke.

I've never seen it with any other work of art, ever.
The only other thing that even comes to mind is in recent years people talking about what batman would've looked like without bill finger (thus making bob kane look not so great)

but bob kane still gets way more credit than George Lucas

It's as if people think he just accidently'd the entire original trilogy, the jedi, the force, lightsabers, darth vader, and the only things that really represent the true George lucas are jarjar binks and greenscreen.
>>
>>62999141
Well the circumstances are unique.
Imagine Finger had an even bigger role.
Imagine if Finger left because Kane was pushing him around.
Imagine if under Kane it went to absolute shit for half of its run and up into the present day, say 1980-now and Kane was still in charge.

Everybody would hate him.
>>
>>62999166
who's the Finger of Star Wars though?

I'm admittingly not very well researched on this and IIRC I think I heard something about people changing some of GL's ideas into what we know today, rewriting the script and I know the directors of the ESB and ROTJ played big roles in their success

but how big?

who "left because George was pushing him around" ?
>>
>>62999141
The original trilogy was a collaboration between a lot of different creative minds and Lucas takes all the credit for himself
>>
>>62999217
Kasdan
>>
>>62999256
To be fair, we had a thread a while back showing that in discussions with Jedi and raiders, Lucas came up with the darkest and best ideas, kasdan had some dumb stuff (yoda should fight) and for raiders steven went far less dark then what Lucas was going for

And Lucas actually asked kasdan to help him with the prequels, but he turned it down.

GL honestly gets way less credit than he is given TbH FAm
>>
>>62995612
Georgie wanted to go with a full 50's retro-futuristic theme on Coruscant , but only the dinner made it into the movie. You can even find it on concept art for the ORIGINAL first episode.
>>
>>62999387
what stopped him?
>>
>>62999416
I have no idea, famo
>>
File: episode 2 paceport coruscant.jpg (155 KB, 1600x681) Image search: [Google]
episode 2 paceport coruscant.jpg
155 KB, 1600x681
>>62999387
there was the bus too
>>
i always fucked with jar jar desu
>>
>>62999141
>It's as if people think he just accidently'd the entire original trilogy

But that's true. His wife at the time (Marcia) edited the shit out of Star Wars. Lucas has since then worked his ass off to remove anything in existance that even mentions her name. Everyone on the production team of Star Wars says that the movie became so successfull only because Marcia managed to cut and edit the shitshow Lucas had actually directed. Supposedly entire sequences has different meanings and Marcia edited them to say something completely different.

Lucas can't talk to actors, either. He even admits this himself. The only two phrases he uses when talking to actors on set are "faster" and "more intense". He has been extremely lucky in his career, and he is hardly responsible for anything that was actually successfull. The only way you can get a true glimpse of what kind of director Lucas is, would be looking at the prequels. He had free reign when making those, surrounded by yes-men. The prequels look exactly like Star Wars would've looked without Marcia, without outside interference.
>>
>>62999448
>portico doesn't have enough clearance for the pilot's viewbubble
>>
>>62999256
The guy that wanted to kill Luke at the end of ROTJ.
>>
File: directing.jpg (380 KB, 864x722) Image search: [Google]
directing.jpg
380 KB, 864x722
>>62996804
Truly sad thing is, at that point, he probably wouldn't even have gotten the reference. That's why there are so many pants on head retarded inconsistencies between the prequels and A New Hope: He didn't even give a fuck enough to watch it to see if he was being consistent. Hell, he didn't even bother to go over and revise his prequel drafts. He had that much false confidence/laziness inherent to him by years of being surrounded by sycophants and never having to listen to someone tell him how what he was doing was either wrong or retarded.
>>
>>62994441
I thought the prequels were these experimental films? That's why nobody understands them.
>>
>>62996804
>j/k anyone who tried to do that would have been fired on the spot

Where are all these disgruntled ex-employees? Besides Kurtz, I mean. Hell, if these fucks cared about the integrity of fucking Star Wars of all things, they could've just quit and go work for WETA. I bet they were hiring like crazy back then. Instead they stuck around and are still probably there at ILM making props for Boyega to swing around.
Everybody keeps saying Lucas would fire everybody, so surely among hundreds of LucasFilm/ILM employees somebody would speak up. Some Jerry Maguire motherfucker. Instead all we get is internet bs about how everybody was scared of a guy that looks like young Santa and speaks so you can barely hear him.
All we get is that Darth Icky story where a bunch of neckbeards whose loss of virginity Lucas himself postponed by making a movie about talking robots who were flabbergasted that Lucas doesn't take this shit as seriously as they do.
>>
>>62992887

What I wonder is whether or not they're going to try and salvage the Thawn trilogy, only with canon characters? Or bits of it?

Hell, Lucas had literally 30 years to set the sequel trilogy up, and he hands them /napkins/ expecting them to listen after he irreversibly blundered Episode 1?
>>
>>63001313
NDAs. That's all.
>>
File: 3EfXBqQ.png (225 KB, 634x355) Image search: [Google]
3EfXBqQ.png
225 KB, 634x355
>>63001313
>>
>>62995752

He doesn't like being wrong. In fact, he was literally a deleted scene away from salvaging Jar Jar's concept (having Palpatine openly mock the fact it was Jar Jar that allowed him to become emprah) but he didn't.

It's mostly the little things that nicked and dimed the Prequels as opposed to one big issue, and it would have only taken more little things to fix them.
>>
>>62999448
That looks like Wing Commander 3
>>
>>62995335
>Wasted his life
>Changed the world on a level above and beyond almost every single director currently alive
I dunno, it just doesn't add up.
>>
File: sw9283469236.jpg (205 KB, 1440x734) Image search: [Google]
sw9283469236.jpg
205 KB, 1440x734
>>63001480
That guy didn't quit.
Here he is with his son posing for Vanity Fair. Real hard life.
>>
File: 1439403404739.gif (7 KB, 329x302) Image search: [Google]
1439403404739.gif
7 KB, 329x302
When is someone from /tv/ going to streem the prequels
>>
>>63001553
is this gif doing something?
>>
>>62999251
Not really. It's all right there in the script, which Lucas wrote. Also all the original concept art was Lucas. Their only contributions were executing his plan. After the prequels, it's just fashionable to credit the editor with making Star Wars good. Only person who even comes close to Lucas's level of contribution is John Williams.
>>
>>62994441
THX1139 and American Griffity 2
>>
>>63002147
At this point I can hardly believe that the George Lucas, director of Star Wars is the same person as the director of American Graffiti.
>>
>>63001553
Gracias doctor.
>>
>>63001515
because it's a drawing and not a screenshot from the movie
>>
old interview with george from the episode 1 days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4uM5LFmybo
>>
File: jarjarJPEG1-998x576[1].jpg (80 KB, 998x576) Image search: [Google]
jarjarJPEG1-998x576[1].jpg
80 KB, 998x576
>>62995752
It's because he knows
>>
>>63001313
It's not that they were scared of him firing them so much (it was definitely that for some people) but more like he had a reputation for making these great movies, and no one wants to contradict him just because of that reputation. A lot of people probably just assumed they didn't fully understand some of his ideas and so it was THEIR fault they sounded like shitty ideas.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.